10.7.1 in software Update

AppleIIGuy

45 posts in this topic

The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:

Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari

Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out

Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections

Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4764.

Updating now...

Worked without a hitch.

System works fine after I updated but the sound stopped working (AppleHDA), anyone knows how to fix it? I did try to put the AppleHDA back in E/E.

ALC888 (ICH10, EP43-DS3L), worked on 10.7 with AppleHDA (1.8.4fc3).

--

SOLVED.

post-426790-1313531666_thumb.png

System works fine after I updated but the sound stopped working (AppleHDA), anyone knows how to fix it? I did try to put the AppleHDA back in E/E.

ALC888 (ICH10, EP43-DS3L), worked on 10.7 with AppleHDA (1.8.4fc3).

Use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to reinstall your AppleHDA kexts.

Updated my HP Z600 workstation. This is my first Hackintosh system. The update would not show up in Software Update, though other things like iLife and iWork did. Downloaded the updater from apple.com and it worked fine. My NVidia device ID changes, ICH10 device id changes in the plists remained, also VoodooHDA continues to work.

post-827700-1313536837_thumb.png

post-827700-1313536851_thumb.png

• Like 1

Should work if you run the revisioner.pkg, which games with the 10.7.2 Cxx update.

EDIT: I did it. Now i am back busted to10.7.1 B26 (from 10.7.2 C37) - but all run as before.

EDIT2: FIRST major problem: Textedit is alway crashing - look my post a few pots later.

So the downgrade to 10.7.1 may give probe, because some system content may not work with 10.7.1 (kernel or other things) and only an final 10.7.2 combo may help (or get back to dev builds C37 and later until final 10.7.2 combo).

Kernel is little smaller (1 MB less from 15 MB) , i think dev builds like Cxx always have some more debug code in and/or may not so much speed/size optimized compiled. So even "backwards" maybe little better overall.

First problem (for me): Textedit always crashing now - some problem with an den lib / code signing.

But Textedit itself wasn't changed by 10.7.1! ?I

Can someone which also comes from 10.7.2 C37(C35) and updated to 10.7.1 verify that Textedit crash as common (also prob) or perhaps "my prob only" ?

EDIT: I tested virgin Textedit from 10.7.0 and it is not crashing. So either i have an corrupt textedit or ideed an problem with some 10.7.2 dev changes in textedit, even if same build number.

Ive just updated to 10.7.1 and textedit is just fine here looks like it may just be your system

Thanks! But do you came also from 10.7.2 C37 (or C35) - older 10.7.2 build (B26) or orig. 10.7.0 may not give that problem.

But i fixed the textedit crash by using the virgin 10.7.0 textedit. Maybe real an corrupt textedit and nothing to do with downgrade to 10.7.1.

NEXT PROBLEM: MAIL didn't work anymore - and its now definitely an problem of 10.7.2 downgrade ;)

Also fixed by using virgin 10.7.0 mail.

So be warned - i don't think 10.7.2 > 10.7.1 will work out of the box with all Apps !

Bildschirmfoto_2011_08_17_um_12.04.04.jpg