10.6.8 officially released

shenor

371 posts in this topic

Dear friend, why don't you post here the original DSDT that caused problems and the new patched DSDT so we can examine the differences and see what we can apply to our own mobos?

Thanks!

Totally agree with you, I'm still having that problem with my intel dp45sg motherboard and I would like to fix it.

Update to 10.6.8 seems to work for me.

10.6.0 to 10.6.7 (combo) then update to 10.6.8.

FakeSMC 3.1.0 in S/L/E (wont boot if in E/E)

Chimera r877 Bootloader

All vanilla so far.

Now on to fixing audio..

Edit:

Looks like audio works with ALC885_889a.kext and additional xml files to AppleHDA.

So far so good... :)

I need help. I've read all 16 pages and still don't see an answer. I installed 10.6.3 had everything working but sound (currently just not worrying about it, I'll work on it later.) I ran software update to 10.6.8. It won't boot.

When I went with everything it installed, I got stuck at the PCI config thing. So I updated with AppleACPIPlatform and IOAPCIFamily (or whatever the 2 kexts are that almost always needed replaced.) I installed the legacy kernel (I need it). I also installed the framebuffer and enabler kext for my card that worked in 10.5.8 and 10.6.3 and 10.6.6. I then used kext utility to repair persmissions and such. I also did the DSDT fix where you replace under PCI0 ADT with UID or whatever it was.

I then booted with -f -v and it stopped with FakeSMC: couldn't find key MSFT -1 or something like that. So I replaced FAKESMC. I tried booting again with -f and -v. It still won't boot. It hangs at DSMOS arrived.

What should I do now?

And (now in bigger letters) for those with wireless issues:

Chameleon 2.0 RC5 SVN Trunk r1061 attached here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1703409

You can find the correct SMboardproduct for your model identifier by typing "MyModelIdentifierX,Y DMI" into google (no quotes).

If you don't know what your model identifier is, look in System Profiler.

Follow the google search hits that lead to Linux bug reports from people running Linux on real Macs, usually all the smbios.plist data can be found in these reports. Here's one for MacPro3,1 for example:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-bugs@li...msg2227144.html

Scroll down a little bit and you can see all the juicy DMI data for your smbios.plist. dmi.board.name corresponds to SMboardproduct.

Note that since Chameleon 2.0 RC5 svn 1036 all instances of "manufacter" in smbios.plist must be changed to "manufacturer".

I just updated Chameleon and added the two lines of code to smbios.plist. After I put the Apple80211Monitor.bundle back into the SystemConfiguration folder, I lost all my network connections again. When I remove that file, my ethernet connection works fine, but of course now it's not looking for wireless networks. Any ideas?

Thanks friend, I followed the same steps and after a long time I could start my 10.6.8, change FakeSMC Chimera 3.1.0 r877 installing the bootloader.

What do you mean, it took a long time to boot? No problem with the boot speed on my system.

I used Digital Dreamer's HackInstaller to install Chimera. I think I got FakeSMC from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]'s package, although since I found out you can get the latest from ProjectOSX.

I think that Chimera expects to find FakeSMC in S/L/E since most are using iStat as a system monitoring utility, as such it needs to be installed there. Whenever I've tried to boot with FakeSMC in E/E I cannot boot.

I think that Chimera expects to find FakeSMC in S/L/E since most are using iStat as a system monitoring utility, as such it needs to be installed there.

No, that's not true. Once the driver is loaded it doesn't matter where it was loaded from.

In theory you could have Chameleon load it from your desktop if you wanted to.

The latest fakesmc + plugins (same as I attached earlier in this thread) work fine for me from /Extra/Extensions in 10.6.8. iStat Menus is working just like it was before.

Trying to get to the bottom of why 10.6.8 would only boot for me with FakeSMC in S/L/E.

Also others have reported ACPI errors on boot with 10.6.8.

So far I haven't had these errors. Why?

Thats what I want to find out..

I have downloaded the whole combo update (10.6.8) from Apple site and then installed it. Now my laptop stops at

PCI configuration Begin

I have tried to start with all different boot flags:

-x, -s, -f etc but my laptop will always stop at PCI configuration Begin

I have been reading for last couple of days and am aware of quite a few fixes (with kext or may be in the start boot flag)

however as I mentioned my laptop would stop at PCI configuration Begin..

I can log into Windows 7 and Ubuntu partition ok and I am good with terminal commands..

Please let me know how I can start my MacOS and log into Mac Terminal to do some fixing..

may thanks

I have downloaded the whole combo update (10.6.8) from Apple site and then installed it. Now my laptop stops at PCI configuration Begin

At the Chameleon boot prompt, type

npci=0x2000

If it works for you, add it to your kernel flags string in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

Any solution for my case ????

I tried everything even FakeSMC and stuffs that are being discussed I do not get any error message but the system hangs. when I went through the debug mode I could see pci configuration finish its work and then comes to the HDD check and there's a stop !!! the whole system hangs I cannot even use the keyboard but only shutdown using power button. I had to reboot with the DVD and restore to older working version....

please help if anyone has got this issue. I need to update so I can use sleep / shutdown / restart also intermittently the system CPU usage goes high and my mac goes damn slow. Solution please

thanks in advance.

New Update for 10.6.8 Supplemental Update

has anyone try to update they machine?if so is there any effect?

Works as intended - no effect either negative or positive (on Intel CPU). Another update Apple knows why. ;)

New Update for 10.6.8 Supplemental Update

has anyone try to update they machine?if so is there any effect?

i'm using AMD Mobo/Processor.

thanks

No problems for me :(

..just I had to repatch the AppleHDA, no more!

byee

Thank you for your reply but it doesn't load. I m using a 64bits, maybe this is why ...

I keep searching, any other help would appreciated.

Make sure you have a proper patch for audio in you DSDT file and proper permissions for this file. This file works on my 64 bit system.

in terminal put this

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext 
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

and in your dsdt before USB devices this:

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x0D, 
				0x06
			})
			OperationRegion (HDCS, PCI_Config, 0x54, 0x04)
			Field (HDCS, DWordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
					,   15, 
				PMES,   1
			}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x06)
					{
						"built-in", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x00
						}, 

"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x73, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (Zero) {}
					}, Local0)
				MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

I am having dreaded "PCI configuration begin"

I cannot start my laptop in any mode.. single user, safe boot nothing nada...

I have tried this bootflag as well..

PciRoot=0 GraphicsEnanbler=Y -v -c -s etc...still stuck at "PCI configuration begin"

I know that I need to replace

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

but how could I replace these kexts if I cannot even start my laptop even in single user mode..

Please help me..thanks