[GUIDE] Lion Retail & Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3

177 posts in this topic

Thanks, I already try to install using your guide but when I insert the snow leopard DVD it shows an error message "kernel doesn't match" or something like that, what can I do? do you have a link or torrent to download the correct retail DVD? the one tha I have is working perfect on any mac computer.

google is the best answer, hhehee

i cant share links here

google is the best answer, hhehee

i cant share links here

I have the same problem: as a long time Mac owner, I have the retail 10.6 and 10.6.3 installation DVDs. After I boot from your CD and insert either of the official retail DVDs and try to boot from them, I see a brief message "Can't find mach kernel", then back to the main Chameleon screen.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem: as a long time Mac owner, I have the retail 10.6 and 10.6.3 installation DVDs. After I boot from your CD and insert either of the official retail DVDs and try to boot from them, I see a brief message "Can't find mach kernel", then back to the main Chameleon screen.

Any ideas?

That is the problem from my boot cd, use any boot cd to install retail dvd, maybe andy's

Do you have sleep working without NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler? I patched my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext using the speedstepper tool, but still don't have sleep.

System never shuts down completely and the screen re-initializes after about 3 seconds. Any ideas?

Do you have sleep working without NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler? I patched my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext using the speedstepper tool, but still don't have sleep.

System never shuts down completely and the screen re-initializes after about 3 seconds. Any ideas?

yes, no nullcpupm or sleepenabler, i had to use DropSSDT=Yes to make sleep works, with DropSSDT=No sleep doesnt work,

i have no idea with ur shutdown problem, maybe caused ur vga, cmiiw

Hi Reage and everybody.

after boot, and swap to SL 10.6.3 retail, the F5 don't show the MAC OS X instalation DVD icon.

BIOS AHCI - ok

keyboard - ok

DVD - PB torrent burned in toast and verified. My another mac shows the app icon.

P8P67 deluxe

i7 2600

GTX 280 (mac pro original)

2 gb ram

What do I miss?

thanx!

Hi Reage and everybody.

after boot, and swap to SL 10.6.3 retail, the F5 don't show the MAC OS X instalation DVD icon.

BIOS AHCI - ok

keyboard - ok

DVD - PB torrent burned in toast and verified. My another mac shows the app icon.

P8P67 deluxe

i7 2600

GTX 280 (mac pro original)

2 gb ram

What do I miss?

thanx!

its problem from my bootcd, iwill fix it later, keep tracking this thread

its problem from my bootcd, iwill fix it later, keep tracking this thread

Same here. Andy's, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and two of yours...

I'm prety sure thats my system's problem.

Keeping on work!

Thanxy for the update Regae!

Same here. Andy's, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and two of yours...

I'm prety sure thats my system's problem.

Keeping on work!

Thanxy for the update Regae!

so, have u fixed ur problem? i hvae no idea why it happened,

Hey Regae,

Thanks for the hard work on the guide and video, I appreciate it. I have an arse kicking Sandy Bridge setup waiting to be built when I return from vacation on Friday evening, I am more excited to get home than I am to be at the beach for sure! Ha!

My specs.....

P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3

16GB GSkill Ripjaws 1866Mhz RAM

OCZ 60GB SSD and 1Tb Seagate Barracuda for OSX 10.6.8 or Lion Boot (not sure which yet)

1 Tb Seagate Barracuda for other Mac OS Install

1Tb Seagate Barracuda for Windows 7

2Tb Internal RAID (2 Seagate Barracudas, al Seagate drives 7200rpm/32MB cache)

4,2, and 2 Tb External RAID drives, eSATA (1) and FW800 (2)

500GB Momentus XT 2.5" drive (4GB SSD) for critical system backups, boot OS versions for repairs, extra storage

Gigabyte AMD 6870 Graphics card

BFG GeForce 7950GT ROM hacked to Quadro FX 5500 2nd card

BlackMagic Intensity Pro

Syba FW800 card

NEC PA27W1 27" Display (2560X1440)

Samsung 27" 1080p LED Display

Wacom Cintiq 21UX 21" Pen Display (1600X1200)

Roland UA-25EX External Audio Box

Corsair Enthusiast Series 850-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Full Tower Case

Two Apple keyboards (one for Final CUt Pro, one for After Effects) by Logic Keyboard

Logitech MX Revolution mouse

Apple Magic Trackpad

Been using, supporting and selling Macs (and more) since 1984, pro graphics guy from WAY back, and making Hac Pro's and other hackintoshes for five years now, pretty much since Apple gave beige boxes to devs back in the beginning days of the Intel switch. Love my Macs, love my Hacs equally. Typing this on a modded MacBook Pro (2010) dual SSD. :P

Have you stress tested your rig at 4.3GHz? What are you temps at load and idle?

Did you use Aquamac's dual card graphics string hack for your dual card setup?

Any little quirks, issues that might not seem like a big deal but are worth notign that you might have left out?

Thanks again, I look forward to getting this rig up and will keep you posted.

iKahuna

asus_logo.png

Before we start, i want you to know my RIG Spec,

My Hack Specification:

Mobo : ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3

Procie : Intel Core i7 2600k (@4.3Ghz 1.2v Daily)

RAM : Corsair Dominator GT 8GB CL9 2133Mhz (@1866Mhz)

VGA : 2x ASUS EAH6870 Crossfire

Harddisk : WDC Green 500GB (SnowLeopard) SATA II @Intel Port (White)

WDC Green 2x500GB Raid0 (Windows 7 Ultimate) SATA II @Intel Port (Blue)

WDC Black 1 TB (DATA) SATA III 6GB/s @Intel Port (White)

HSF : Noctua NH-D14 (3 Fans)

Casing : Corsair 600T Graphite

DVD : ASUS DVD-RW @Intel Port (Blue)

Here we go, step by step

1. DownloadNEW regae Boot CD and burn it to a CD or DVD.

2. Set the first boot to DVD rom in BIOS and boot to regae Boot CD, you will see Chameleon Bootloader.

3. Eject regae Boot CD and insert Snow Leopard Retail DVD, wait a bit, Press F5 and boot to Mac OS X Install DVD.

4. Install Snow Leopard to Your Harddrive, restart, and swap the Snow Leopard Retail DVD with regae Boot CD.

5. Boot to regae Boot CD, and boot to Snow Leopard Harddrive that you installed before.

6. Install Mac OS X 10.6.8 Helper (ONLY BEFORE UPDATE), and reboot, repeat Step 5. and install Mac OS X 10.6.8 Helper (ONLY AFTER UPDATE)

7. Install regae Package v3.0, You have to read the description in each options carefully, depends on your machine, and reboot.

8. Set the first boot to your Snow Leopard HD in BIOS, and boot to Snow Leopard HD.

9. And Done. with this steps, i have my machine fully working with all function, Audio, Full Acceleration Graphic Card, SpeedStep, and much more.

i hope this GUIDE will help you to install OSX86 to your SandyBrdige PC.

credits to : buoo, flAked and all OS X Users.

EDIT : Updated regaeBootCD

ChangeLog : Fixed (can't find mach_kernel)

Thanks so much for the tutorial, but will this also work with the P8P67 LE with an i5 2500K, and one 1TB HDD (Western DIgital Black Carpio)? I want to dual boot windows and Lion. Please help.

u welcome vald, deepsleep work? hibernatemode 1.

Bluetooth resolved with ath3k-firmware-update-V2

I'm not sure about Sleep:

Screen Saver - ok

Monitor energy saver - ok

But I'm not sure about sleep. HD lights stil blinking.

Hey,

I'm having this issue, my installer runs until around 50%, and then I get an error message and it says mac could not complete the install.

Is there anything I should do besides -v and -x while booting?

I have:

Asus P8p67 Rev B3.0

Intel Core i5 2500K

Hey,

I'm having this issue, my installer runs until around 50%, and then I get an error message and it says mac could not complete the install.

Is there anything I should do besides -v and -x while booting?

I have:

Asus P8p67 Rev B3.0

Intel Core i5 2500K

using retail dvd or usb method?

maybe its problem from the dvd, i dnt know why, usually with asus sandy bridge theres no problem when instaling, try usb method if u were using dvd