[GUIDE] Lion Retail & Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3

177 posts in this topic

Hi again regae; i reinstalled everything once again.

Now everything works, but I can't get my clock speed recognized properly.

I have a 2600k @ 4.4 ghz, but according to Lion, its speed is 3.4.

How can I fix this?

Moreover, how can I monitor the temperatures?

btw, I have a p8p67-m PRO.

Thanks so much!

you need to edit ssdt, go to p8p67-m pro thread, its already discussed

How easy would this be to modify for my rig?

Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 GHz

MSI GTX 460 1GB

8GB XMS3 1600Mhz

ASUS P8Z68-V

D-Link Xtreme N wireless

its easy, just try to use retail and any bootcd, you can use mine, or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], or what ever, and if you have problem, post it in here,

After update 10.7.1 my sound doesnt work? Any ideas?

what is your codec actually?

just repatch the applehda, and copy the platform.xml from the working one

Hello regae, I finally managed to install Snow Leopard with a brand new 6870 Vapor-X :D

Unfortunately I can not tell you that everything works without failure ^^

I explain it:

1) The audio is recognized using the DSDT file you provided but don't work, the icon of volume is grey :( Using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] i've installed the ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Roolback and HDAEnabler for ALC889...the audio works now but crackles sometimes without hear anything..What do you recommend?

2) Same thing with Reaktek network card, i've installed it from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]...it works well ;)

3) How is it that your file "DSDT" does not want to work?

Thank you for your support :D

PS: I'm on SL now :P

@vitiix

try to make your own dsdt, same mobo doesnt mean can use the dsdt from another mobo,

make a new one with dsdt auto patcher, search in dsdt forum, im lazy to make the link here, lol

makesure there is no dsdt in your extra folder when running dsdt autopatcher, you will got your own dsdt, and patch it for alc889 codec, and thats it,

but in my case, i never met with any problems with my audio, even with dsdt or hdaenabler,

good luck

sorry for the late reply, i got notification an email just now, its so 2000 late

@vitiix

try to make your own dsdt, same mobo doesnt mean can use the dsdt from another mobo,

make a new one with dsdt auto patcher, search in dsdt forum, im lazy to make the link here, lol

makesure there is no dsdt in your extra folder when running dsdt autopatcher, you will got your own dsdt, and patch it for alc889 codec, and thats it,

but in my case, i never met with any problems with my audio, even with dsdt or hdaenabler,

good luck

sorry for the late reply, i got notification an email just now, its so 2000 late

Thank you :D I'll try :)

First i've to delete ALC kext that i've installed previously?

DSDTautopatcher not longer exists...sigh U.U

I've used DSDT Patcher method + Off-Line Patch for P8P67 Deluxe from Mendol (or whatever his name XD) but Audio stills have noises and sometimes it seems that the box should explode XD

With DSDT or without it I haven't noticed changes in terms of performance, only AHCI Control has recognized the sixth-generation Intel chipset instead of "Unknown"

Geekbench varies from 9730 and 9999, Cinebench 54 fps for OpenGL

At best, I try to format and try again the installation ^^

PS: With DSDT i've my first Kernel Panic XD

Hello, unfortunately I have a problem. I have a mouse and keyboard on USB, when i install, keybord is only working. Not only that, my installation is not dealt with correctly. I had no 'final screen' is rebooted, then ran from the BootCD and stopped at the apple.

P.S: I have a GTX 460 1 GB

P.S.2: Sorry for my English is not perfect ..

Can you help me?

asus_logo.png

Before we start, i want you to know my RIG Spec,

My Hack Specification:

Mobo : ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3

Procie : Intel Core i7 2600k (@4.3Ghz 1.2v Daily)

RAM : Corsair Dominator GT 8GB CL9 2133Mhz (@1866Mhz)

VGA : 2x ASUS EAH6870 Crossfire

Harddisk : WDC Green 500GB (SnowLeopard) SATA II @Intel Port (White)

WDC Green 2x500GB Raid0 (Windows 7 Ultimate) SATA II @Intel Port (Blue)

WDC Black 1 TB (DATA) SATA III 6GB/s @Intel Port (White)

HSF : Noctua NH-D14 (3 Fans)

Casing : Corsair 600T Graphite

DVD : ASUS DVD-RW @Intel Port (Blue)

Here we go, step by step

1. DownloadNEW regae Boot CD and burn it to a CD or DVD.

2. Set the first boot to DVD rom in BIOS and boot to regae Boot CD, you will see Chameleon Bootloader.

3. Eject regae Boot CD and insert Snow Leopard Retail DVD, wait a bit, Press F5 and boot to Mac OS X Install DVD.

4. Install Snow Leopard to Your Harddrive, restart, and swap the Snow Leopard Retail DVD with regae Boot CD.

5. Boot to regae Boot CD, and boot to Snow Leopard Harddrive that you installed before.

6. Install Mac OS X 10.6.8 Helper (ONLY BEFORE UPDATE), and reboot, repeat Step 5. and install Mac OS X 10.6.8 Helper (ONLY AFTER UPDATE)

7. Install regae Package v3.0, You have to read the description in each options carefully, depends on your machine, and reboot.

8. Set the first boot to your Snow Leopard HD in BIOS, and boot to Snow Leopard HD.

9. And Done. with this steps, i have my machine fully working with all function, Audio, Full Acceleration Graphic Card, SpeedStep, and much more.

i hope this GUIDE will help you to install OSX86 to your SandyBrdige PC.

credits to : buoo, flAked and all OS X Users.

EDIT : Updated regaeBootCD

ChangeLog : Fixed (can't find mach_kernel)

VIDEO GUIDE for Lion Install

Hem...Regae I'm still

Dear Rega, can I ask you not to sacrifice a guide to install usb Lion. but all in a dvd burn?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I tried to load my new computer with your method , but my configuration is a little bit different..

I've got an ASUS P8P67 rev 3.0 b3(not a pro version Bios 1704) with an I7 2600k a sapphire 5770 and 8Gb of kingston HyperX (4x2Go) , i remove the internal uggly sound card ,i use an edirolUA5 on usb and the serial port is removed too .

Bad thing after launching Regae Boot CD the first screen is freezing (no acces to keyboard)

I try with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Legacy , and it start perfectly.I apply the helper before update .

But after the update the first apple logo is freezing many minutes... but nothing work!!

Have you got an idea about things that don't work fine.

Thanks a lot for your time

thanks!

asus P8P67 EVO board here with i5-2500k.

installed snow leopard first, then lion on top of it. everything seems to be working just fine (including bluetooth after installing the file via terminal).

Wish the boot screen was full res but that seems to be a vesa limitation on my graphics card (MSI gtx 460 hawk)

I use a line 6 toneport UX2 Audio interface as my sound card. it MOSTLY works but randomly causes noise sometimes. not sure why. using Line 6 mac osx drivers.

Hi again regae; i reinstalled everything once again.

Now everything works, but I can't get my clock speed recognized properly.

I have a 2600k @ 4.4 ghz, but according to Lion, its speed is 3.4.

How can I fix this?

Moreover, how can I monitor the temperatures?

btw, I have a p8p67-m PRO.

Thanks so much!

St1ll, are you getting sleep to work? I have the same board and am trying this method of instal

Regae,

I'm dead ...

I had my external HD, and Snow Lion in 2 partitions.

I decided to remove Snow ...

Now it happened that I have neither nor Snow Lion, Lion I reinstalled via USB but will not start, try a boot CD that I do ... from Lion am desperate! HELP ME!

[RESOLVED] OK OK

found a Chameleon I work, thanks anyway (but where are you?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

i just followed the whole process and thread and my Hackintosh is running fine.

(Except missing audio and ethernet).

I got a TASCAM FW1884 Firewire Audiointerface/Controller that i want to use with this Hackintosh.

My problem: There´s only a 32-Bit Driver for OSX available. But since the machine is running entirely on 64 Bit (64 Bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes) - i cannot use the TASCAM.

So my main question is:

HOW CAN I CHANGE THE MACHINE TO RUN IN 32 BITS?

I tried changing the architecture: ("arch=i386") - > nothing. Booting with "3" and "2" pressed -> nothing. I even installed the legacy kernel from regae distri besides the mach_kernel - and changed the kernel flags to "Kernel=legacy_kernel" -> still nothing.

I have no more ideas on what to do. Is there any trick? Can i install another (32 Bit Kernel)?

My Rig:

ASUS P8P67 (Not sure if deluxe or not, it´s a friend´s machine).

16 GB Corsair RAM (i know i will lose access to all the 16GB when switching to 32 bits.)

OSX 10.6.8 (Also installed Comboupdate and stuff, basically followed the guide step by step).

I have absolutely no idea what to do!

It ALWAYS boots up 64-Bits.

(64-Bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes).

help.... please :(

Thank you so much in advance!

EDIT: On my 2009 Macbook Pro the Tascam Interface works like a charm. The machine is /was by default set to 32 Bit.

EDIT#2: I managed to get it into "32 Bit Boot Kernel" mode ... but the main kernel loaded is still 64 Bit. So i need both "boot kernel" AND "kernel" to be 32 bits .... damn, i´m lost. And it seems that i´m not the only one ... :-/ sigh*.

• 2 weeks later...