[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Lion

tseug

607 posts in this topic

Issues with Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r1002.pkg from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227833. Changed to r1003/Install.pkg from http://www.kexts.com/view/1365-chameleon-2...r1003_[vs].html

Install.tar.gz in guide updated.

Hello, tseug.

No working for me RC5 1003.

I had already tried before with the Chameleon 1003 RC5 kexts.com down from me and neither worked.

stops here http://i.imgur.com/3aTNQ.jpg

Thanks anyway

Hello, tseug.

No working for me RC5 1003.

I had already tried before with the Chameleon 1003 RC5 kexts.com down from me and neither worked.

stops here http://i.imgur.com/3aTNQ.jpg

Thanks anyway

That's pretty weird since that icon shouldn't even be present using the scripts. Is it freezing on USB boot or after you've installed?

Do you have Legacy USB enabled in BIOS? If not, enable it.

That's pretty weird since that icon shouldn't even be present using the scripts. Is it freezing on USB boot or after you've installed?

Do you have Legacy USB enabled in BIOS? If not, enable it.

Sorry, this icon is from my Chameleon on Snow Leopard

Is it freezing on USB, copy to USB is correct but does not start after

Yes, Legacy USB is enabled in BIOS

Sorry, this icon is from my Chameleon on Snow Leopard

Is it freezing on USB, copy to USB is correct but does not start after

Yes, Legacy USB is enabled in BIOS

The USB is not booting if you see that icon. Do you press F12 at the beginning of the boot (POST)?

If this doesn't work you could try physically disconnecting the drive with the old Chameleon on it.

The USB is not booting if you see that icon. Do you press F12 at the beginning of the boot (POST)?

If this doesn't work you could try physically disconnecting the drive with the old Chameleon on it.

I changed the bios boot order USB HDD now it seems to work, is loading the USB Lion:)

Using order F12 not working

In a while I tell if everything is installed correctly;)

Thanks + 1000 ;)

I am stuck on this screen.

fotografija3.jpg[/url]

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not included on the USB. Did you include it yourself?

What kind of hardware are you running?

Are you guys sure you're actually booting from the USB?

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not included on the USB. Did you include it yourself?

What kind of hardware are you running?

Are you guys sure you're actually booting from the USB?

Laptop,Acer Aspire 5920g with fully working snow leopard. Core2duo cpu 2,2 GHZ,2Gb ram,Nvidia 8600M GS

Theese are my specification http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook...e5920Gsp2.shtml

Yes I have included NullCPu Power management, but without it I get the same message at the end.

According to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256103 you need NvEnabler64.

For everyone: I've added a troubleshooting and an error reporting section to the guide.

Hello, tseug.

OS X Lion 10.7 installed on GA P35-DS4

http://i.imgur.com/fTlkn.jpg

Not work Audio and Red Ethernet

Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB is OK

Muchas gracias, compañero ;-)

Saludos desde España (Spain)

De nada ;)

Audio and Network not working might be because of your DSDT. I've actually made a script for autogenerating a DSDT based on the hardware but it's currently only included on my 10.6 guide. If you feel up to it you could use it to install Snow Leopard and use the DSDT in /Extra/DSDT.aml to make the boot USB.

I might do something about the DSDT for Lion but that's not gonna happen in the immediate future.

I did some more playing around. I can play Team Fortress 2 in Lion with my GTX 460 at about 50-60 FPS, all settings on high, AA x 4. I still don't get why Half Life gives me a IVP error. On the other hand, I wanted to note there are still freezes with my card. Random KPs also occur, running iTunes visualizer to try and keep them away.

Audio and Ethernet working on my GA P35-DS4 :)

made a mistake during installation I did a fresh install following the step by step guide

Ethernet OK

08ZNY.png

Audio imput OK

83qJ1.png

Audio out OK

1Tc0C.png

Reboot OK

Shutdown not work

Boot for hard drive OK

OS X Lion DP4 working 100% on GA P35-DS4, included Shutdown

as a final step I copy the following extensions are marked with red circle

Copy of my other installation Snow Leopard: Snow Leopard /Extra/Extensions on my New Installation of Lion on Lion/Extra/Extensions

Repair permisions on Kext Wizard

now everything works perfect

JrJUK.png

Thanks tseug :P

• Like 1

thanks for this guide tseug. i was able to get dp4 installed w/ your guide. my Lion install isn't 100%, bt that's probably because of hardware incompatibilities. but at least i have a good idea of the process.

Only issues I have so far are the random KPs (not a big deal, just annoying) and no sounds so I use a USB headset instead of bothering with a sound driver. Shutdown works fine, I haven't tested sleep though. I don't use sleep normally so not a big deal.

great job! thank you for those nice scripts!

successfuly installed osx lion dp4 on my P5K:

follow instructions, comment all ethernet/sound install in mkboot/finalize script

install lion, after install don't reboot, install IOATAFamily kext provided by dune (full SATA access)

install AttansicL1Ethernet kext for ethernet

install latest voodooHDA kext for sound

all in S/L/E

reboot, all works :wacko:

thanks again, lion roxxx :)

v0.3 released 2011-06-13

* Implemented autogeneration of DSDT.aml. Should work for most motherboards similar to Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4

* Added Java 6 auto installation on boot partition if needed (used in DSDT generation)

* Removed DSDT reference from command line parameters. A custom DSDT.aml must now be copied to install/Extra/ before invoking the script

* Added BootExtra directory for extra kexts used only on the boot partition

Guide updated.

v0.3 released 2011-06-13

* Implemented autogeneration of DSDT.aml. Should work for most motherboards similar to Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4

* Added Java 6 auto installation on boot partition if needed (used in DSDT generation)

* Removed DSDT reference from command line parameters. A custom DSDT.aml must now be copied to install/Extra/ before invoking the script

* Added BootExtra directory for extra kexts used only on the boot partition

Guide updated.

O_0 Excellent!!! :)

Thanks for the jobs :)