[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Lion

tseug

607 posts in this topic

Please follow the section about error reporting in the first post.

ok asus p8p67mb, i7 sandybridge saphire hd5770 8gb ram, snow leopard installed no probs using Andy guide

when i try and boot from the usb i get this error

boot0:GPT

boot0:test

boot0:error

i have put bios back to default setting still the same used your first install and 1.5 same results each time

thanks

i tried removing the hd with snow leopard on and left just one partition hd drive connected but same results

ok asus p8p67mb, i7 sandybridge saphire hd5770 8gb ram, snow leopard installed no probs using Andy guide

when i try and boot from the usb i get this error

i have put bios back to default setting still the same used your first install and 1.5 same results each time

thanks

i tried removing the hd with snow leopard on and left just one partition hd drive connected but same results

Try erasing the USB drive and just install Chameleon. It's available in install/r1003/Install.pkg. Does that give the same result when you boot?

There might be an issue with HDMI...

If you move the card to the other PCI-E port..

Using DVI for it, 1 monitor.

Also my board is mATX (went for easy/lazy fit in my G5 case!) so 1 PCI-E.

Without PCIRootUID=1 I just get a Matrix style screen, messed up black.

Have tried the other install method on this forum was the same issue so its Kext related?

No expert but strange the way im not seeing panics or anything? the actual crash seems to come when the grey Lion screen loads. Think its definitely graphics? What loads and doesnt load exactly with -x safe mode?

I'll try a few more things and check them logs too.

Thanks.

Thanks so much! Install was a dream, everything is working perfect, it is for me the most perfect script that I ever used! Just hope that you will show up with a release that will work when final Lion will be out ! Thanks again !

Same problem here. But I think you have 2TB HD. I read that from Andys thread this boot problem make 2 TB HD.

I have discounected all drives apart from a 500gb hd and get this result

i have tried no drives just usb and get black screen

i get nothing just black screen

Did you format the USB drive as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) with GUID partition table (under Options)?

Thanks so much! Install was a dream, everything is working perfect, it is for me the most perfect script that I ever used! Just hope that you will show up with a release that will work when final Lion will be out ! Thanks again !

You're welcome. You have exactly the same hardware as me which probably doesn't hurt :D

---

v0.6 released 2011-06-16

* Mount the partition as read-write in finalize. Allows finalize to be run with / as target.

Also note that if you update Lion via Software Update you should run finalize again. Otherwise the CMOS might reset if you sleep on the upgraded system.

---

Using DVI for it, 1 monitor.

Also my board is mATX (went for easy/lazy fit in my G5 case!) so 1 PCI-E.

Without PCIRootUID=1 I just get a Matrix style screen, messed up black.

Have tried the other install method on this forum was the same issue so its Kext related?

No expert but strange the way im not seeing panics or anything? the actual crash seems to come when the grey Lion screen loads. Think its definitely graphics? What loads and doesnt load exactly with -x safe mode?

I'll try a few more things and check them logs too.

Thanks.

It does sound an awful lot like graphics. It's very hard to test remotely. You may try to remove graphicsenabler in com.apple.Boot.plist but I don't know if that will do anything. That is, make it look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Total guesswork from me. If it doesn't work I'm pretty much out of ideas.

yes i formated mac os extended journaled and GUID

I don't know. You may want to try another revision of Chameleon. It's not related to the install method but with Chameleon.

If you have your current SL Chameleon revision as a package, you could try and install that on the USB to see if it works. If not, then you're doing something wrong.

It does sound an awful lot like graphics.

Total guesswork from me. If it doesn't work I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Yeah I've tried without Graphics Enabler sadly! It's recognised in the boot up but inside osx its not at all.

After all things are still early stages, I'm sure after Lion's main release a lot more information will be circulating and I can try again!

- Just done a fresh install and Im sure I saw a Panic. let me check it out.

I don't know. You may want to try another revision of Chameleon. It's not related to the install method but with Chameleon.

If you have your current SL Chameleon revision as a package, you could try and install that on the USB to see if it works. If not, then you're doing something wrong.

Ok thanks I will give it a try

Yeah I've tried without Graphics Enabler sadly! It's recognised in the boot up but inside osx its not at all.

After all things are still early stages, I'm sure after Lion's main release a lot more information will be circulating and I can try again!

- Just done a fresh install and Im sure I saw a Panic. let me check it out.

If you want to avoid doing a fresh install all the time you can do a fresh erase+mkboot, boot into the USB drive and in a terminal run

./finalize /
reboot

If you can get that USB to behave then chances are an actual installation will behave as well.

I'd still like you to try and mkboot without a DSDT.aml, just to see what happens :P

This for this. I have a Asus Max II formula with Ati 6870. Now it installed perfect. Yet the "Chameleon" made it crash right off the bat. So I had to install the multbeast RC5 beta one what ever.. and that worked perfect. Now it all works but no sound at all. I have the soundmax x-fi which I believe is alc1200b or something like that.

So if someone has the same and got the sound working please let me know thanks. Oh in 10.6.7 my score was 300.. yet here in 10.7 it was 440.. a very nice jump in speed.

Edit: ok I just added "VoodooPS2 and VoodooHDA (now 0.2.2 with prefPane) " and my x-fi titanium works perfect. For me a lot better than 10.6.7.

Hi, tseug

for Spanish-speaking people have adapted your guide to my language on my blog Visit My Website

I hope you do not mind :rolleyes:

Muchas gracias por todo ;)

Looks fine to me. Since my spanish is limited to "¿Puede usted darme algun dinero suelto para la cerveza, por favor?" I had to use Google Translate, though :huh:

Looks fine to me. Since my spanish is limited to "¿Puede usted darme algun dinero suelto para la cerveza, por favor?" I had to use Google Translate, though :P

No tengo dinero :P:D

Sorry for the offtopic :P

Greetings

Hello probably a newbie question but i`m stuck at making of the bootable USB. Thats the history of the situation:

My USB flash drive is named just USB. I typed sudo then drag mkboot then drag Lion DMG file then drag USB drive and at terminal i`m in the exact directory /users/nistel84/Downloads/install. The USB drive is formated in GUID.

Mihail-Koychevs-Mac-Pro:~ nistel84$ sudo /Users/nistel84/Downloads/install/mkboot /Users/nistel84/Downloads/install/Mac\ Lion\ DP4.dmg /Volumes/USB 
Attaching OS X Lion...
expected   CRC32 $5F78650F
/dev/disk5											 	/Users/nistel84/Downloads/install/lioninst
Restoring BaseSystem.dmg to /Volumes/USB...
Validating target...done
Validating source...
Could not get information about "/Users/nistel84/Downloads/install/lioninst/BaseSystem.dmg" or it is not an image file
done
Could not get source volume name
Mihail-Koychevs-Mac-Pro:~ nistel84$

Tried many times. Any suggestions. I`m not good at all with terminal and maybe i`m missing something basic.

Also in Lion DMG i don`t have that DMG file: /install/lioninst/BaseSystem.dmg

Use this guide with files or should I use some other special file to run on my MB?

I don't understand what you mean.

Also in Lion DMG i don`t have that DMG file: /install/lioninst/BaseSystem.dmg

Your Lion DMG is weird/corrupted.

Sorry forgot to mention, I did try without a DSDT and used the one generated in finalize - same thing!

What is your device ID? It should be mentioned in About this Mac -> More Info -> Graphics/Displays