Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

I used this method to install Lion on a P5K Pro and it work like a charm.

Now I'm trying to install it on a P5G41T-M LX (using the same USB stick but replacing the Extra folder and the dsdt file) but it always get stuck at the PCI Configuration Begin.

I've tried using the P5K dsdt but then it won't detect any HDD (Probably because the P5K uses ICH9-R and the P5G41T-M LX uses ICH7).

Any ideas ?

Added npci=0x2000 to the kernel flags?

Added npci=0x2000 to the kernel flags?

Thanks, it work. I'm installing right now.

Two questions :

Should I keep using the npci flag after install ?

If I use the GraphicsEnabler flag I don't get any video at all, any ideas ? (I'm using a nVidia GT210 LP)

MaLd0n, I've got a Gigabyte P35-DS4 and I saw also tseug's guide. In what does it differ from yours?

I have no idea

the method that works for you is good

this is what matters

01a.png

Hi MaLd0n,

I saw your HACKBOOT LION! So, please MaLd0n, how it works ... What should I do to boot - install Lion from a DVD?

Can you post short guide MaLd0n, please!

Thanks

retore image

plug usbstick and boot from cd

Thanks, it work. I'm installing right now.

Two questions :

Should I keep using the npci flag after install ?

If I use the GraphicsEnabler flag I don't get any video at all, any ideas ? (I'm using a nVidia GT210 LP)

I'll answer my self,

Yes I need the npci flags, and yes after install I can use the Graphics Enabler, however the GT210 won't work using only the DVI conection, right now I've to use both DVI and HDMI, even if the HDMI is disabled.

retore image

plug usbstick and boot from cd

So, the full install with DVD is not possible, yet !

However, this CD method is not bad ;)

Thanks !

MaLd0n,

Great guide, ...I think.

I am following your guide to the letter, and all goes perfectly smooth, but everytime I get to the part, "Run the installers Extra Lion and Chameleon RC5", Extra Lion DP4 starts to install, gets only a quarter of the way installed, and just sits there. No errors, no warnings, and I have re-wiped the USB stick via a fresh start over of your instructions, three times now, and still the same thing.

And yes, I made sure it installed to the USB drive. Everything else installed on the USB drive flawlessly.

Its sitting at the Installing Extra Lion DP4 screen, with only a quarter of the blue installation line, and thats it.

Do I really need to install Extra Lion DP4?

I wish not, because I would have had this installed by now, a long time ago.

Thanks again

i have tried the tutorial several times had no luck

i started from booting the base system install with -v on the chameleon boot screen and waited for all the kexts to load when they completed loading i got a blank screen

can you please tell me what this is

i have a pentium D 2.66ghz cpu

intel d945gtp mainboard

2gb ddr2 ram

9500gt graphics card

please tell me where m i doing a mistake

i have a pentium D 2.66ghz cpu

intel d945gtp mainboard

2gb ddr2 ram

9500gt graphics card

pentium D sucks

is not supported by original kernel

Wait for legacy

I get stuck here trying to boot the installer. Does anyone know whats wrong ?

try other Guide

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259068

Thanks for the excellet guide.

I have a working Lion GM on my GA-P35-DS3 and Gigabyte HD4670 500MB .

However after going to sleep both auto or forced, it can not wake up .

Either it reboot or it just lose connection signal to my Samsung LCD TV through HDMI or VGA .

I have tried different options setting in Energy Saving Preference but none work .

What do you suggest I do to fix the waking problem?

Thank You and Have a nice day.

works fine in a P5W DH DELUXE, INTEL E6600, XFX GTS 250, 6GB DDR2.

had to manually install voodohda, video enabler, jmicrom36XX (all in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.7.x)

valeu cara! :D

Thanks for the excellet guide.

I have a working Lion GM on my GA-P35-DS3 and Gigabyte HD4670 500MB .

However after going to sleep both auto or forced, it can not wake up .

Either it reboot or it just lose connection signal to my Samsung LCD TV through HDMI or VGA .

I have tried different options setting in Energy Saving Preference but none work .

What do you suggest I do to fix the waking problem?

Thank You and Have a nice day.

video problem? :D

MaLd0n,

Great guide, ...I think.

I am following your guide to the letter, and all goes perfectly smooth, but everytime I get to the part, "Run the installers Extra Lion and Chameleon RC5", Extra Lion DP4 starts to install, gets only a quarter of the way installed, and just sits there. No errors, no warnings, and I have re-wiped the USB stick via a fresh start over of your instructions, three times now, and still the same thing.

And yes, I made sure it installed to the USB drive. Everything else installed on the USB drive flawlessly.

Its sitting at the Installing Extra Lion DP4 screen, with only a quarter of the blue installation line, and thats it.

Do I really need to install Extra Lion DP4?

I wish not, because I would have had this installed by now, a long time ago.

Thanks again

I think this is a bug. If it says "writing reciept" or something like that, it's actually already finished, so just simply force quit it.

Hi Madl0n,

I have an XPS 15 Sandy Bridge, Optimus NVIDIA 525 & Intel HD 3000.

Snow Leopard was fine with 10.6.8 (QE/CI with Intel HD 3000, Sound, Nework...).

But in Lion, Intel HD 3000 is not working, though I thought Lion has built-in support for it.

Do you know why and how to make this thing work? I already had my DSDT (got it from you of course ;) ).

Thanks.

Hi Madl0n,

I have an XPS 15 Sandy Bridge, Optimus NVIDIA 525 & Intel HD 3000.

Snow Leopard was fine with 10.6.8 (QE/CI with Intel HD 3000, Sound, Nework...).

But in Lion, Intel HD 3000 is not working, though I thought Lion has built-in support for it.

Do you know why and how to make this thing work? I already had my DSDT (got it from you of course ;) ).

Thanks.

I have no idea

sorry

you should find something in the forum search

Mald0L, do you have any idea about the BIOS hanging???

(I used the same technique and had been successful with Lion DP4)

I followed the Mald0L steps with Mac OS X Lion.dmg (final retail), the result is I could not boot my PC from the USB stick, it hung at BIOS splash screen. Any idea?

My PC mobo is GB P55USB3L. I've had LP4 installed already

Mald0L, same problem, I have G41M-ES2L mobo, do you have any idea about the BIOS hanging???

Duuude!!! Thank you so much for this!! It worked flawlessly. I now have a perfect Lion install on my ASUS P7H55-M mobo+GTS 250 GPU. Only issue I have is not being able to boot from hdd, I taped my USB now to my pc which now my boot drive.:huh: But its all good! I have tried a number of other guides from youtube,tonymac etc., but they all did not work for me. I can't even get to 10.6.8. This method however is just pain free. I did it once, added [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] post install fixes, and now I have a fully working Lion. Thanks a lot man!

Ciao,

I have prepared a USB HDD according to the instructions (not booting but anyway) on another computer it kernel panics just after Chameleon loads and I select the install partition, saying it is "unable to find driver for this platform \ACPI\.

I have tried many bootflags including platform=x86pc but nothing works. Any ideas?

Hi mald0n thanks for the guide!

A couple questions:

1) is ps2 keyb/mouse working during/after install in laptops?

2) is extra-LionDP4.Pkg ok for FINAL rel too? Or is there an updated extra folder to use?

Thanks!

Mal

Hi, my Mobo Gigabyte P35-DS3 just won't boot with the USB stick attached to the pc.

No matter if I want to boot from HDD or from USB, I cannot even reach the part where it tries to boot from the selected drive. It stucks at the part where it lists the installed drives...

If I take the USB stick out or turn off USB Legacy I am able to start up and can boot from any HDD.

Any idea how to get my PC tu run with the USB stick attached?