Wireless Mighty Mouse does not scroll

Mac and Cheese

16 posts in this topic

Nothing yet. It would seem that when Apple cut off Mighty Mouse's tail, they may have accidentally chopped off his "manliness".

The wired version works just fine under Leopard.

Remember, Bluetooth MM has only existed for the past couple weeks. Perhaps Leopard was packaged before "the right hand" knew about it. This version does not have a Build Date, just a version. I would think that to get the mass production done for the show that Apple would have needed to have some prep time (1 week or so for the discs, and you would want to test them for a little while first (probably another 2 weeks).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the drivers in Leopard are much older then the ones in Tiger.

An example, Leopard connected to my company wireless network using LEAP in a similar fashion to Tiger when Tiger was at 10.4.3. Tiger versions 10.4.4 and later had issues connecting to my LEAP network. I had to use PEAP setup with WEP key exhange.

I'm assuming that eventually they'll catch up at some point.

Anyone able or unable to use the scrolling feature of W/L Mightymouze in Leopard. Mine doesn't work, although it works fine in Tiger.

(Using 17" Core Duo iMac Leopard Developers Release)

Which release, the horrible one, or are you using the new seeded one? It's right under the little seeds menu, and free to ADC subscribers.

• 2 months later...
My mighty mouse will only scroll up. It's only about 10 weeks old. Is there a repair function somewhere or is it just gubbed? And how do you tell apple about it, i can't find anyone to tell on the web site?

I am having the same issues with mine but ater one moneth I started to have them.no idea how to fix it tho.

My mighty mouse will only scroll up. It's only about 10 weeks old. Is there a repair function somewhere or is it just gubbed? And how do you tell apple about it, i can't find anyone to tell on the web site?

I've also been having this problem for a few months now. I noticed the problem in the first few weeks that I had the mouse.

Weird Answer: I had this problem too, the mouse would scroll up not down. Never happened in Tiger. I pressed and rolled the scroll ball HARD-then it works for about a week, then just scroll hard again! (downwards)

• 1 month later...

I can't help but giggle at problems with the mighty mouse. After all, if the mouse is worth the $70 like Apple thinks it is, then it should scroll in five dimensions and find pron for you as soon as you start Leopard.