[Random] 9999 Replies

Swad

10,006 posts in this topic

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Area code 313 is the telephone area code serving the city of Detroit, Michigan, and some of the city's innermost suburbs. Until December 1, 1993 it served the entire Metro Detroit region plus nearby Flint and the southern part of Michigan's "Thumb", but explosive demand for new phone numbers (caused principally by the spread of fax machines and cellular phones) caused northern suburbs, Flint and the southern Thumb to adopt the new area code 810. Later, that area would be subdivided further, into 248, largely serving Oakland County, and 586, covering Macomb County. Meanwhile on December 13, 1997, the 313 area also required an additional breakup, creating the new 734 area out of Washtenaw and western Wayne counties.

Due to the sharp racial segregation between the City of Detroit and its suburbs, probably no other telephone area code territory in the nation has a larger African-American population. Hence, a 313 phone number has become increasingly fashionable for many in the hip hop community. Residents of the city, "the 3-1-3" may pride themselves on being "real" Detroiters, a notion that was reinforced in the film 8 Mile.

TooSenVaTeeAte

I would have to say REVENGE wins.

Flint and the southern Thumb to adopt the new area code 810.

Ahh the great 8-1-0... I'm proud to be a real southern thumb'er... Well kinda a southern thumb'er if you squint a map in the right way.

Roman Empire

July 3 - Battle of Adrianople: Constantine I defeats Licinius, forcing him to retreat to Byzantium.

July - Battle of Hellespont: Crispus, defeats Licinius' naval fleet, allowing his father Constantine the ability to cross over the Bosporus into Licinius' Asian provinces.

September 18 - Constantine definitively defeats Licinius at the Battle of Chrysopolis, and becomes sole emperor, thus ending the Tetrarchy.

December 19 - Licinius abdicates his position as Emperor.