DSDT for Asus P8P67-M PRO

Time2Retire

834 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

Thnx for all the great info. got most of it running just fine.

The only thing i can't get to work is sleep. It Sleeps but it won't wake up correctly.

I have in the bios the PLL Overvoltage Disabled and Power on by PCIe enabled.

Got everything loaded correctly i guess (see picture System info) and no error's in the Console log.

The NBNV number in my extracted dsdt from bios 713 is 0xBF5CFD98

Also used speedstepper to patche AICPM.kext and used kernel 10.7.4, iMac,12.2.plist to get Speedstep and Turbo working.

Using dropssdt in com.apple.boot.plist

What am i missing?

Thnx for the help.

RW

I have a similar set up except have a 2500K, do i need to change the values in the DSDT.DSL to reflect this? ie I want to overclock but have speedstep still work.

I have a similar set up except have a 2500K, do i need to change the values in the DSDT.DSL to reflect this? ie I want to overclock but have speedstep still work.

Yes. There are half the processor definitions (CPU0-4) that you need to change in the DSDT and the SSDT_PR must be edited to reflect the Turbo Ratios set in UEFI.

There is a new auto-inject feature of RevoBoot in the making and I will write up the guide next week for it in my thread. This will also apply to other boards and needs only little adjustments.

They look the same as the 2500k, so you can copy the cpu part. Don't know if overclocking keeps working did not test it.

Used Maldon's dsdt patcher, and added correct device id's for Applelpc (1c46), SMbus (1c22) and Cpu.

Still working on the rest....

RW

• 1 month later...

Ok I finished read the 41 pages, don't understand too much, but, the things is almost working with my P8P67-M PRO (ok audio still not work but I had other emergency), now I had this KP:

0FxEs.jpg

Someone knows whats is happen?

Im using one DSDT hybrid with DHP and Flaked solutions, with Chimera 141.

with lion i got this

ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::loadStepperContext - pmCPUControl (pmioctlPStateContext_t) failed, result = 0x16

whats wrong?

is it from my dsdt / ssdt / what?

can someone help?

I have this error with the new Chameleon with Chimera this don't happen, maybe is only a Chameleon bug.

Hei vultu

I've already told you that DHP used an EFI injection to get the audio working, then you have to add a code into the DSDT.

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Return (Package (0x02)
				{
					0x09, 
					0x04
				})
			}
			Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x08)
					{
						"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 
						"codec-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x92, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
						}, 
						"device-type", 
						Buffer (0x11)
						{
							"ALC892"
						}, 
						"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (Zero) {}
					}, Local0)
				MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

About the screenshot, "Still waiting for root device" ..Did you set AHCI mode?

I've already said that DHP used an EFI injection to get the audio working, then you have to add a code into the DSDT.

Thansk buoo I will try that.

About the screenshot, "Still waiting for root device" ..Did you set AHCI mode?

Yep is set to AHCI, what is weird, is if i try to use the DSDTs from DHP I had this error:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1729791

Right now the only DSDT that works is from Flaked that is to P8P67 board.

I suggested to replace the operationregions with his, but the problem seems to persist.

The problem could be in the device MCEH, maybe replacing it completely....

Thinking back, DHC deleted AR16 from your dsdt, this could be the reason of "still waiting ..." if he connected the HD in that connector.

Don't use my DSDT if you have a P8P67-M PRO, it has different devices and PCI-lanes.

Your DSDT works pretty well with P8P67-M PRO Flaked, the only error I have in kernel log is: AppleUSBCDC: start - initDevice failed. But maybe this error is because I'm using the Chameleon.

@buoo: I will try your suggestions getting this information from original DSDT, I will report here if works.

Thanks guys!

Be aware that problems may arise as soon as you want to enable onboard devices or install additional pci-cards, I made my DSDT based on DHP's and a lot of adresses were different.

Ok, I tried with DSDT and SSDT from post #17 (looks like the last one) and after I have edited the file ssdt_usb.dsl with my original USB code, the things goes better, boot works. :rolleyes:

@buoo: sound don't work even using the code that you show and doing the command below from your another post.

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x62\x02\xec\x10|\x92\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1018 goto Exit

Aug 9 13:38:39 P8P67 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!me->fKextResourceLoaded" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 993 goto Exit

Im using Lion maybe that is the problem.

Ah, had this error too in kernel log: nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

Hi Folks,

Thnx for all the great info. got most of it running just fine.

The only thing i can't get to work is sleep. It Sleeps but it won't wake up correctly.

I have in the bios the PLL Overvoltage Disabled and Power on by PCIe enabled.

Got everything loaded correctly i guess (see picture System info) and no error's in the Console log.

The NBNV number in my extracted dsdt from bios 713 is 0xBF5CFD98

Also used speedstepper to patche AICPM.kext and used kernel 10.7.4, iMac,12.2.plist to get Speedstep and Turbo working.

Using dropssdt in com.apple.boot.plist

What am i missing?

Thnx for the help.

RW

I have the same i5 2500 as you and I still can not enable the "37" :wacko: ... only 36 with the MacBookPro8,3.plist from Lion... with the iMac12,2.plist I get the 37, but only four turbo stages and 16 ... I tried with several SSDTs and plists and still could not enable it... can you, please, send me your SSDT so I can look and see what I need to change on mine? :)

I also looked at your DSDT and I will see if I need to change something on mine in the processor area.. I appreciate if you could send me your SSDT! Greetings from Brazil! :)

That's normal, the stepper program from the MBP8,3 rarely switches to the highest state.

The iMac12,2 stepper program in Lion is currently "bugged" and shows the mentioned behavior.

Keep the MBP8,3 definition and don't worry about 37x.

Keep the MBP8,3 definition.

Sorry for the noobish question, but where can I get MBP8,3 system definition? I tried searching everywhere but couldn't find anywhere.

I am currently using MBP8,1 definition. Will this method work with that?

Sorry for the noobish question, but where can I get MBP8,3 system definition? I tried searching everywhere but couldn't find anywhere.

I am currently using MBP8,1 definition. Will this method work with that?

Here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

RW

I have the same i5 2500 as you and I still can not enable the "37" :poster_oops: ... only 36 with the MacBookPro8,3.plist from Lion... with the iMac12,2.plist I get the 37, but only four turbo stages and 16 ... I tried with several SSDTs and plists and still could not enable it... can you, please, send me your SSDT so I can look and see what I need to change on mine? :)

I also looked at your DSDT and I will see if I need to change something on mine in the processor area.. I appreciate if you could send me your SSDT! Greetings from Brazil! :)

Hi, Sorry for the late response.

No need for the ssdt table, it is already in the dsdt.

I can not test the MacBookPro8,3.plist and Lion because i sold the board and replaced it for a gigabyte z68

However while using the MacBookPro8,3.plist and Lion on my new z68 board. i got the same problem as you with turbo not getting to 37.

RW

post-663166-1313596617_thumb.png

Hi, Sorry for the late response.

No need for the ssdt table, it is already in the dsdt.

I can not test the MacBookPro8,3.plist and Lion because i sold the board and replaced it for a gigabyte z68

However while using the MacBookPro8,3.plist and Lion on my new z68 board. i got the same problem as you with turbo not getting to 37.

RW

Thank you! But, do you know what is funny? I put the step values ​​of MP8,3.plist inside the IM12,2.plist... and after 30/40 minutes of use I reached 37 ... now I have 9 States :) Let's see how this will work with 10.7.1 Update :)

Thank you! But, do you know what is funny? I put the step values ​​of MP8,3.plist inside the IM12,2.plist... and after 30/40 minutes of use I reached 37 ... now I have 9 States :) Let's see how this will work with 10.7.1 Update ;)

Hmm did not test that, but using the MP8,3.plist for a longer period it reached the 37 step.

RW

post-663166-1313608886_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I'm using the default dsdt, and the cpu frequency is stuck at 34x instead of 44x.

I'm getting 11500 points with Geekbench, and I don't understand if the cpu is actually running at 34x or 44x; it's a 2600k.

I'm not even able to use the dsdt posted in this thread, since I didn't figure out how to change it and what to do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...