DSDT for Asus P8P67-M PRO

Time2Retire

834 posts in this topic

Does it work if you delete Item1 in the AppleAHCIPort plist?

Nope. System Profiler always shows me Unknown AHCI Standard Controller.

Looking at the iMac12,2 ACPI tables 1C,2 is actually the firewire device. That must mean that the SATA device is at 1C,3 and getting matched on that address. If we look at the device definitions there is actually no RP04 device defined, which would have the 1C,3 address.

In our DSDT we do have this:

Device (RP03) // Renamed from: PEX2
{
 Alias (AR13, _PRT) //changed from AR12
 Alias (PW94, _PRW)
 Name (_ADR, 0x001C0002)
}

So the device gets matched twice. Let's try and remove that.

In my DSDT I have this:

Device (RP03)
		{
			Alias (AR12, _PRT)
			Alias (PW94, _PRW)
			Name (_ADR, 0x001C0002)
		}

So have you changed AR13 with AR12?

We have the identical plist definition and still no match. That can only mean that the kext probe() function is checking for more (IRQs?) where the dummy kext is just matching without probing.

Any idea to solve this issue?

can i ask my question here?

why my bdmesg showed me this,

ACPI CPUs not found: C-States not generated !!!
ACPI CPUs not found: P-States not generated !!!

how can i fix this?

"not found" Did you name correctly the SSDT ?

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 34179 bytes.
Table /Extra/DSDT.aml read and stored at: e5f000
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/SSDT.aml] 1304 bytes.
Table /Extra/SSDT.aml read and stored at: e68000
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/SSDT-1.aml] 1046 bytes.
Table /Extra/SSDT-1.aml read and stored at: e69000

its loaded, right?

You need the processor definitions in the PR scope of your DSDT. The factory tables don't include them.

You don't want any generated P/C-States by Chameleon, it is all done in the DSDT/SSDT.

So have you changed AR13 with AR12?

Any idea to solve this issue?

Yes I have updated all the AR definitions for the P8P67, anyone modifying DHP's DSDT to match their board must do the same, on top of additional differences.

I don't have an idea right now, but it's pretty low priority because it is only cosmetic and can be fixed by various means. I think DHP mentioned something about missing IRQs. Would be a lot of work figuring out why it doesn't match and emulating IRQs of a different hardware system is not something I'm keen to do.

You need the processor definitions in the PR scope of your DSDT. The factory tables don't include them.

You don't want any generated P/C-States by Chameleon, it is all done in the DSDT/SSDT.

So in the DSDT there must to be

Scope (_PR)
{
   Processor (CPU0, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
   Processor (CPU1, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
   Processor (CPU2, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
   Processor (CPU3, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
   Processor (CPU4, 0x05, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
   Processor (CPU5, 0x06, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
   Processor (CPU6, 0x07, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
   Processor (CPU7, 0x08, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
  }

I got it. Right?

@edit: regae says that using the SSDT that I've posted before and adding this in DSDT he gets a kernel panic.

So in the DSDT there must to be

Scope (_PR)
{
	Processor (CPU0, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
	Processor (CPU1, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
	Processor (CPU2, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
	Processor (CPU3, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
	Processor (CPU4, 0x05, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
	Processor (CPU5, 0x06, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
	Processor (CPU6, 0x07, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
	Processor (CPU7, 0x08, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
}

I got it. Right?

@edit: regae says that using the SSDT that I've posted before and adding this in DSDT he gets a kernel panic.

KP Solved, now i got 5 Pstates, thanks to u buoo, my hero lol

post-572014-1307562330_thumb.png

I'm not a big fan of repackaged versions, the sourcecode is available at RevoBoot.

RevoBoot needs to be custom tailored, so any pre-configured version is prone for errors. You need to learn to configure it yourself, it is not a automatic solution like Chameleon.

For more information see the massive thread by MasterChief, it was discussed in length already.

I know that we went off-topic as well some times, but please keep the topic on DSDT. This is not really the place to discuss how to configure RevoBoot or compiling errors.

I'm not a big fan of repackaged versions, the sourcecode is available at

RevoBoot.

You're right, I added this here 'cuz I was happy ^^

RevoBoot needs to be custom tailored, so any pre-configured version is prone for errors. You need to learn to configure it yourself, it is not a automatic solution like Chameleon.

For more information see the massive thread by MasterChief, it was discussed in length already.

I know that we went off-topic as well some times, but please keep the topic on DSDT. This is not really the place to discuss how to configure RevoBoot or compiling errors.

In this case too you're right, just few days ago I was talking about this. I'm sorry!

@Regae: The revoboot seems difficult the first time but it's not true. If you need help about, open a topic. :D

Here automatic SSDT_PR generation doesn't work with both Turbo Ratios 1234 and 89AB.

I get first a reboot and then PC stuck before second boot.

Yes, found several bugs. I reported this already. In the meantime use your SSDT_PR.aml.

News from your VGA?

Found out that Chameleon is generating quite a different EFI definition for my card than using the gfxutil tutorial on creating it manually. I'll post this on the other thread where we talked about gfxutil conversion.

Yes, found several bugs. I reported this already. In the meantime use your SSDT_PR.aml.

Yep, with SSDT_PR is all working great.

Found out that Chameleon is generating quite a different EFI definition for my card than using the gfxutil tutorial on creating it manually. I'll post this on the other thread where we talked about gfxutil conversion.

I also tried with a plist that a friend of mine create for me but it doesn't work, so I tried with Lizard and I get VGA working perfectly.

Hi Folks,

Thnx for all the great info. got most of it running just fine.

The only thing i can't get to work is sleep. It Sleeps but it won't wake up correctly.

I have in the bios the PLL Overvoltage Disabled and Power on by PCIe enabled.

Got everything loaded correctly i guess (see picture System info) and no error's in the Console log.

The NBNV number in my extracted dsdt from bios 713 is 0xBF5CFD98

Also used speedstepper to patche AICPM.kext and used kernel 10.7.4, iMac,12.2.plist to get Speedstep and Turbo working.

Using dropssdt in com.apple.boot.plist

What am i missing?

Thnx for the help.

RW

Btw the posted Dsdt is with the Ssdt tables for the 2500/k Cpu. Remove if tested with other Cpu's.

dsdt.dsl.zip

post-663166-1308474753_thumb.png

post-663166-1308474761_thumb.png

post-663166-1308475166_thumb.png