[HowTo] Working Audio fix for Sigmatel 9220, Sigmatel 9752/53, SiS 7012

wtcnbrwndo4u

120 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

"Rogabean" is working on an driver for Sigmatel 9250, however, he's sick for the moment, so let's say that the project is stalled out for the moment. It looks that this will take a while.

Any ideas about how to get Sigmatel 9250 working?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nerds,

Well dont know where to start.

:sorcerer: start

My specs are down in my signature. I came here first time 5 days ago when I started this insane project of installing that Software on my Toshiba Laptop. I own 3 pre G3 macs and one Umax and I never liked Steve Jobs hardware after quicktime became payware and 3d rendering became way cheaper and faster on X86.

:offtopic: end

After setting my BIOS CPU frequency scaling to off (Always Low) and Sleep States disabled

I installed the

JaS 10.4.6 DVD (probably 14x) before I patched with the

JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.Combo.Update (about 6x)...

BTW: Am I supposed to install SSE2 and SSE3 patches or only SSE3.

As I'm writing my Aqua Desktop next to me hangs again probably because of another APIC CPU0 kernel panic.

:help: I tried (cpus=1 idlehalt=0 platform=X86PC fn=3 fsb=166) in all combinations

The Intel Pro1000 ethernet works and the macvidia driver 1.08 allows me to change resolution.

It works for maximum 3 hours in idle or 40 minutes surfing safari and using terminal for editing and searching kextfiles before it suddenly hangs... :help:

My Audio is 8384 7690 same like so many others here before. It seems this fix only works for 8384 7680 and still after reading all the Sigmatel Threads I still don't see the realtionship between vendor ID, Device ID and those cryptic strings for the codecs inside AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist or AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA like 2206496386 and 85 or 84 and "80 76 84 83" with "81 76 84 83" ...

Is that all you are editing ?

Can someone please enlighten me. (a hint might be enough)

Thanks in advance

zillion42

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 6400, with a Sigmatel 9220.

I dont know how to get my VendorID and DevID?

Plus i dont know if there's a "automatic" way of getting the info footer that everyone has. Sorry, I am brand new on OS X.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Lucas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Thanks. I haven't really been to this site in several months (consistently). Sorry for all those asking for help and got no response.

I would like to say, however, I have failed in trying to make this work for any other chipsets. Plus, I don't have any others to test with. By all means, keep trying. I just need to update the first post.

Hey guys,

I know my card is a Sigmatel, but i'm not sure what type.

These details are as follows:

Vendor - 8384

Device - 7634

Anyone have any luck getting sound from one of these?

I'll be trying on the weekend, but the curiosity is getting

the best of me :)

• 3 weeks later...

This work around for the STAC9220 worked for me i have an Intel D945GCL mobo. Now all i need is a network connection.........

btw i used the JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 DVD then patched it with

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p

then

Defiant_diskutil_7

then

bikedude880.ichXr.ppf

if anyone has any suggestions for getting networking going let me know....have tried a few with little success

edit:just realised that i didn't need this in the first place.....its already done with the patches i used

right. so ive finally got my hackbox working with 1280x1024 resolution, so i figured "lets tackle the sound issue now then". ofcourse my m-audio audiophile 2496 card wont work (shame on m-audio for releasing universal drivers for all firewire/usb cards, but not the pci cards heh), and after reading several threads i came onto this one (again).

my vendor id is 1039, and my device id 7012, inside a Packard Bell Imedia 1505 box. unfortunately this doenst work, i have followed all the guides referring to this card, and none of them work, which leads me to think thats perhaps ive missed something. i remember having trouble finding the right drivers for this card running on windows, and eventually ended up with an ac97 driver of some sort, so should i go out a find a patched ac97 driver aswell as follow these instructions?

bare with me here people, since im kind of a noob on osx, and not that great with *nix systems in general. atleast its working now, although sound wouldnt be too bad to get aswell ^^.

any suggestions then?

edit: uyhea. 10.4.6 JaS then hehe.

after checking out another thread atleast now ive actually got a soundcard and playback, although its silent, before i couldnt even find the card, so progress i guess. i think i might know whats wrong, get back to you on that then.

edit: i blame my hungoverness ; wrong cables plugged in. lalalala..

/me hides.

keep them hacks coming.