[HowTo] Working Audio fix for Sigmatel 9220, Sigmatel 9752/53, SiS 7012

wtcnbrwndo4u

120 posts in this topic

This work around for the STAC9220 worked for me i have an Intel D945GCL mobo. Now all i need is a network connection.........

btw i used the JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 DVD then patched it with

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p

then

Defiant_diskutil_7

then

bikedude880.ichXr.ppf

if anyone has any suggestions for getting networking going let me know....have tried a few with little success

In case you may have missed it, I have a fix for Intel PRO 10/100 VE network adapters too... You should have that network adapter.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...77&hl=intel

Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

I got the sound on my sigmatel to work, but no input devices are listed. I need a mic or line in since I'll be using this for podcasting. Any ideas? Thanks.

I got the sound on my sigmatel to work, but no input devices are listed. I need a mic or line in since I'll be using this for podcasting. Any ideas? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My SIGMATEL Ven: 8384 Dev: 76a0

Dell Latitude D630

Sigmatel 9205

can anyone teach me how to do it?

i really can't make it run.

email me if you can help me

Lyw@streamyx.com

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I got this to work, but sound is coming from the blue output port.

The information for the sound card is as follows:-

Vendor ID: 8384

Device ID: 7680

If I'm not mistaken, that's the Sigmatel 9220.

Mac OS X version is 10.4.8.

The motherboard is the Intel D945GCZ.

I have one question though, is there any way to modify the driver to change the pin setup? I mean, changing the sound output port?

Thanks again for the driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok heres whats going on. My sound will work flawlessly for about 30 seconds to a minute when I play something in iTunes, after that it gets choppy and glitchy. I go into my system profiler and under audio it says no devices are installed. I am running uphuck 1.4i r3 on a Dell Latitude D610. Here are my sound card specs.

Audio:

Sigmatel C-Major Audio (Sigmatel 9751)

Dev ID:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_01821028&REV_03&61AAA01&0&F2

Do I need to just add my Dev ID into the plist info somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

right ladies, im a noob myself but it worked for me so ill just share eh, i did exactly as the page 1 method sayed

"

1. Download AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.3 (attached in zip format).

2. Copy to /System/Library/Extensions/ and replace original (backup would be a good idea).

3. Open Terminal

4. Type "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache"

5. Type "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

6. Open up Disk Utility

7. Choose the "Repair Disk Permissions" button. It should start up. It may or may not fix things... Mine didn't repair anything, but I did is as a precaution.

8. Reboot.

9. Open up System Preferences/Sound to confirm audio. I have both output and input, but I have to check inputs.

10. My audio is coming out of the subwoofer port (black). I would try all of them if it doesn't work with black.

"

after this i wanted my hi def sound working, so i can across this page

- http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

and downloaded the HDApatcher v1.16, then went to

- http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/

and downloaded the codec dump named "codec_sigma9220.txt"

i put the HDApatcher in System/Librarys/Extensions then dragged and dropped the codec dump file on the patcher icon, followed the instructions and rebooted once it told me to and hey presto, i have the audio comming out the green terminal :D

let me know how yous all get on

Pee_riz.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey all... I've got success with the audio issue. I have a Sigmatel 9220.

BTW, my VendorID is 8384 and my DevID is 7680, which is 9220. This was done on 10.4.7. It should work all the way back to 10.4.3 though.

Continuing. Here's the process. I made it easy and complete step-by-step for people new at it.

1. Download AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.3 (attached in zip format).

2. Copy to /System/Library/Extensions/ and replace original (backup would be a good idea).

3. Open Terminal

4. Type "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache"

not sure about the model of my sigmatel audio (Sigmatel STAC9271D) onboard my Intel DP35DP mobo. osx86 leopard won't make it work & i'm unsuccessful w/ ur guides. pls. advise.

AppleHDA.png

• 3 weeks later...

It is working in Leopard for me, mine is Sigmatel 9220, mobo is Intel D945GTP. I just got it working so here comes the post. Just remove original Leo's AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library Extensions usig finder or in terminal

sudo rm -R /System/Library Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

and drop the one i have attached into the same location, use cp or mv commands from wherever you placed the file:

sudo cp -R AppleHDA.kext /System/Library Extensions/

Then:

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

Open Disk utility and repair permissions on Leopard disk, after that

sudo reboot

That should do it for 9220, just stereo, no 5.1 but it is better than no sound :blink:

I just have to enable EFI and that's it.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

post-17812-1197606219_thumb.png

post-17812-1197606233_thumb.png

post-17812-1197606242_thumb.png

Coredump, this line :

may cause to delete all extensions files!!! i don't know much about unix, but the -R is very dangerous.

One question for you, i see you have the same board and the same processor as me. You said : I just have to enable EFI and that's it.

With Pentium D is posible to enable EFI??? which version? v8?

Coredump, this line :

may cause to delete all extensions files!!! i don't know much about unix, but the -R is very dangerous.

One question for you, i see you have the same board and the same processor as me. You said : I just have to enable EFI and that's it.

Hi,

you're right about the danger of -R switch. -R removes the folder and it's contents so if you make a mistake and go without .kext extension at the end then you're in trouble and all Extensions folder is gone, and you can use the command in previous post without -R switch, that may be safer.

About Pentium D, I am not sure, everybody is talking about having C2D or quad in order to run, and i have bad feeling that it's not going to work with EFI, after all there is no real Mac that has Pentium D, so it cannot be identified as one. All i was getting is ACPI model so far. Once I'm done with iATKOD download I'll test it and see how it works with this release.

I am thinking on getting XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard with Nvidia 680i chipset but I'm not sure how OSX86 compatible are NV chipsets. I've read somewhere that it has SATA issues, but I don't know for sure. This is the mobo:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...p;Sku=P450-9102

Cheap and good, very similar to EVGA mobo with same features.

If someone knows please post the answer.

Coredump, this line :

Just to let you know, with new Kalyway 10.5.1 Leo disk, EFI v8 is enabled and Hackintosh is recognized as Mac Pro, even with Pentium D inside.

I have an Intel 945GLGA775 and my sound doesn't want to work with C0reDump's kext. I installed using kalyway. The vanilla kernel didn't want to work and I installed using mbr. I didn't check off any of the included drivers. Geekbench recognizes my comp as Hackintosh not Mac. How can I enable efi and is that the solution to my problem?

I wonder if anyone can help me, I'm a mac noob and audio works when it wants to!

Hi, I'm running Mac OS X Leopard on a Dell Dimension 9150.

I have a SigmaTel 9220 (Vendor: 8384, Device: 7680)

Got it working a few times, but each time it works, it only lasts for about 2 reboots before I get nothing again.

I had good sound from the green port a few times.

I had good sound from the black port a couple of times.

I also had crappy sound from the black port once.

The first thing I did was to use the AppleHDA patcher, this backed up AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. Nothing happened.

Then I thought the backup it made was my AppleHDA.kext, so I renamed it and put it back in the Extensions folder. (I didn't understand about .kexts at the time). This got it working out of the green port great for about 2 reboots.

Since then, if I poke around with the files (diff versions of AppleHDA.kext and inserting and taking out AppleAzaliaAudio.kext) and then run a script, it works for 1 reboot on whatever port it likes (although it is good quality sound). The AppleHDA.kext I'm using now is the one on the first page of this thread.

This is the script I run after playing with the files:

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/*

sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

sync

sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

sudo reboot

it ALWAYS says I don't have /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

What is going on? Why does it only work for 1 reboot?

I'd be very grateful if anybody could explain what I'm doing wrong.

hi

here is the driver for sigmatel 9220

The information for the sound card is as follows:-Vendor ID: 8384Device ID: 7680

install this driver on leopard or tiger then repair disk permissions using disk utility.

reboot

you will get the sound from the blue output jack

Sigmatel9220Audio.Support.pkg.zip

is there any way to change the output jack if anybody know pls help.

:)

pls reply if this pkg is working for you

I tested both the AppleHDA.kext in the first thread and the Sigmatel9220Audio.Support.pkg mention above on my Dell XPS M1210 running Kalyway leopard 10.5.1.

Mine is Sigmatel 92xx, vendor is 8384, device is 7680. Here are the results:

The AppleHDA.kext works, but only for earphone, and the sound coming out from Left is very good, but from the Right is bad with a lot of noise. I used Kext Helper to finish the kext file installation. Here is what Kext Helper did:

"cp -R /Users/charlescao/Downloads/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

exit

sudo -k"

The .pkg above did not work unfortunately. It's a self installation package, after installation and reboot, the system said the "IO...kext" and "..controller..kext" stuff are not installed correctly. And there is no audio device found. I had to deleted the AppleHDA.kext from the Extension folder. :)

I suddenly realize if I need to delete the original AppleHDA.kext first, then run the .pkg!?

Anyway, I will make a try. BTW many thanks for your guys work. Sorry for my English if I didn't make myself clear.

charlescw

after installing this package you have to repair disk permissions using disk utility.

my sound card is sigmatel 9220 and this pkg is working fine for me (running on tiger and leopard)

after repairing disk perm you will not get this "IO...kext" and "..controller..kext" stuff are not installed correctly.