ATI Radeon 6xxx, working QE/CI

Nuphor

791 posts in this topic

Guest ^Andy^
it works for me, but DVD & GeekBench still crashed.

I've fixed the crashing geekbench and dvd player and will post details later because I think I am actually onto something much bigger than that! ;)

I've fixed the crashing geekbench and dvd player and will post details later because I think I am actually onto something much bigger than that! wink_anim.gif

im waiting for ur biggest plan.

actually cant waiting for too longggggggggg

thank you ^Andy^

in the hack used one card or two card sli??

fps is the one card??

yes, its only 1 card,

snow leopard doesnt support crossfire or sli, does it?

my card is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814121401

Don't know if anyone else has tried any gaming with the new kexts but I can say they work loads better then when I patched my HD4890 to use OSX. I can fully spec up Torchlight with 0 lag. I haven't attempted anything else yet but I'm in the process of installing Starcraft 2 and TF2 and will report back my findings.

I've fixed the crashing geekbench and dvd player and will post details later because I think I am actually onto something much bigger than that!

Ooooh, Intrigued. Maybe Crossfire support? Maybe a way to further bump performance? Can't wait to hear what you're tinkering with now ^Andy^.

Guest ^Andy^
I've fixed the crashing geekbench and dvd player and will post details later because I think I am actually onto something much bigger than that! :(

Ok the fix for dvd player and geekbench crash as promised ATI Bug Fix you will need to set GraphicsEnabler to yes for this to work but trust me it does work.

It's basically a new version of chameleon, I have modified the ati.c file merged it with valv's sandy bridge version so it will accept AtiConfig flags to set the framebuffer etc and override the defaults. I have deliberately not posted the source yet as I dont want a certain other site stealing it and taking the credit.

NOTE - This will most likely not work on AMD processors

ANOTHER NOTE - As yet it still does not work on 6970 or 6950 cards (because the framebuffer is missing for these cards)

Ok the fix for dvd player and geekbench crash as promised ATI Bug Fix you will need to set GraphicsEnabler to yes for this to work but trust me it does work.

It's basically a new version of chameleon, I have modified the ati.c file merged it with valv's sandy bridge version so it will accept AtiConfig flags to set the framebuffer etc and override the defaults. I have deliberately not posted the source yet as I dont want a certain other site stealing it and taking the credit.

ANOTHER NOTE - As yet it still does not work on 6970 or 6950 cards (because the framebuffer is missing for these cards)

finally, :D

i will try with ur new ati package

thanks

update : it works like a charm, but yes, u should use graphicsenabler=y for make it working,

thank you ^Andy^

Guest ^Andy^
update : it works like a charm, but yes, u should use graphicsenabler=y for make it working,

thank you ^Andy^

Sorry yes I should have mentioned - you need to set GraphicsEnabler=yes - My bad :D

Not sure what happened but the bugfix package just totally borked my install. Starting the reinstall now. Going to try it on vanilla 10.6.7 before I install anything else. May have been the way my setup was configured. I'll report back later tonight.

Awesome :D

I understand how you feel. I posted over there about your 'achievement' but it was deleted and I was warned that I'll be banned if I post it again.

A day later, they announced that they've done what you did a week ago. :)

Thanks again :)

thanks andy, is GOD! xd

Awesome ;)

I understand how you feel. I posted over there about your 'achievement' but it was deleted and I was warned that I'll be banned if I post it again.

A day later, they announced that they've done what you did a week ago. :D

Thanks again :)

Rather pathetic way to live, being frightened of the truth getting exposed.

Oh well.

Glad that Andy found fix for DVD Player. When Netkas returns, perhaps he can make an ATY_Init (or something) that gets 6870 running in proper FB in Mac Pro.

But I won't lose any sleep over this, I can live without GB and DVD Player.

The 6870 is now running a 27" Apple LED, no problems. SC2 plays beautifully, no hiccups. (Other than from my poor playing)

yes it works with graphicsenabler=y, no problem with dvd / geekbench. and system profiler detected as 6870.

but for me it doesnt support dual monitor, when i use 2 monitor. the one monitor that the main desktop is going to black, for the 2nd monitor only show wallpaper.

but with graphicsenabler=n, dual monitor is ok. have no problem with it. but dvd and geekbench crashed.

so crazy .. hehehee

help Mr. Andy

After the fix installation appleintelcpupowermanagement won't load anymore. To fix that I went back to the original 10.6.7 kernel and it's all right again, and the fix still works. Thanks ^Andy^

NOTE: I'ts not a SB motherboard it's a Gigabyte H55M-USB3 + i7 860 + XFX HD5770

After the fix installation appleintelcpupowermanagement won't load anymore. To fix that I went back to the original 10.6.7 kernel and it's all right again, and the fix still works. Thanks ^Andy^

NOTE: I'ts not a SB motherboard it's a Gigabyte H55M-USB3 + i7 860 + XFX HD5770

Same here. Sleep doesn't work anymore but no biggie as I don't use that feature on my desktops (although it's a must-have for my notebook).

BTW, mine is Gigabyte H55M-S2 + i3-530 + XFX HD6850

Guest ^Andy^
but for me it doesnt support dual monitor, when i use 2 monitor. the one monitor that the main desktop is going to black, for the 2nd monitor only show wallpaper.

but with graphicsenabler=n, dual monitor is ok. have no problem with it. but dvd and geekbench crashed.

Try using a different framebuffer using the AtiConfig kernel flag - i.e. AtiConfig=Gibba

The available framebuffers in the ATI6000Controller are..

Pithecia

Bulrushes

Cattail

Hydrilla

Duckweed

Fanwort

Elodea

Kudzu

Gibba

Lotus

Ipomoea

Try using a different framebuffer using the AtiConfig kernel flag - i.e. AtiConfig=Gibba

The available framebuffers in the ATI6000Controller are..

Pithecia

Bulrushes

Cattail

Hydrilla

Duckweed

Fanwort

Elodea

Kudzu

Gibba

Lotus

Ipomoea

thank you again and again ^Andy^

i tried with Gibba and it works.

and how to set it as default without typing it before booting.

in boot.plist or something else?

Guest ^Andy^
thank you again and again ^Andy^

i tried with Gibba and it works.

and how to set it as default without typing it before booting.

in boot.plist or something else?

Add it into your com.apple.boot.plist in extra as

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Gibba</string>

Add it into your com.apple.boot.plist in extra as

<key>AtiConfig</key>
 <string>Gibba</string>

i've tried ur new package andy.. but why i still kept getting message saying that error read memory bla..bla.. on line 687 ati.c. This happen only when i add bootflag GraphicsEnabler. i only add this bootflag on my com.apple.boot.plist

- busratio=19 (for my corei3-380m)

- arch=x86_64

- Graphics Mode=1366x768x32 *i removed this as ur instructions* but no dice still stuck on 1024x768

Is there any tips to get my mobility 6470M atleast works on native screen. my id is already listed on original mbp2011 kext (i dont even touch it)

thanks

edit: it seems that your new pkg comes with new chameleon bootloader but my hackintosh seems doesnt apply the bootloader. Can you please attached only the boot files? i have to use usb to get into chameleon bootloader.. i use grub, osx refuse to install bootloader :dance_24: even on current part active

La serie 69xx per ora non funziona né sul 10.6.6 né sul 10.6.7...è stato ripetuto più e più volte in questa discussione.

69xx series just not work on SL 10.6.6 and 10.6.7, it has been repeated so many times in this discussion.

The bugfix release definitely doesn't work for me regardless of how the com.apple.Boot.plist is configured which is okay. I don't need DVD player (I use VLC for everything) and I have no interest in Geek Bench.

I tried it on a vanilla install and it just bootloops as soon as it attempts to boot the drive. Don't know what causes it but like I said not that big of a deal. Manually installing the plain old MBP kexts is fine with me. Thanks once again ^Andy^, and gaming benchmarks are still forthcoming but like I said Torchlight runs flawlessly.