DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

Hi MaLdOn,magnifico10 asked me some help on this topic because his english is not so good, I have also helped in patchin the dsdt (it was already fresh new one extracted from 7 after a BIOS update) so I hope to explain a little more the situation of this install.

First, lookin at your modifications, can't understand why you changed this:

0xFFF00000,		 // Length

with this:

0xFEB00000,		 // Length

under BUF0 proprieties.

Hi scrax

also my english is horrible :(

the DSDT EDITOR automatically corrects

el Coniglio already added these fixes

MaLd0n_2010_12_08___s_22.19.35.png

IASL version: 20101013

I just found another error

the next update will already be automatically corrected

Hi MaLd0n,

I deleted EvORebot, VoodooPowerMini.kext, Disabler and NullCpuPowerMengament ... I send you the requested information again ... Thanks a lot!

smilegu.png

everything works fine?

Wow that was pretty fast! Thank you...

Noob question. What do I do with this file? Do I have to remove any kexts so as to not have any clashes between kexts and the DSDT file? Can i get a quick and easy step-by-step on what to do next?

Thanks again man!

EXAMPLE.zip

Look it

network, audio and video

you decide

I'm so confused...no idea what to do with the dsdt.aml file and what kexts to delete :(

See Example

the DSDT.aml is inside the folder EXTRA or the root HD

/Extra/dsdt.aml

or

/dsdt.aml

I'm so confused...no idea what to do with the dsdt.aml file and what kexts to delete :(

use the extra posted as EXAMPLE.zip , install the inluded chameleon build put in extra the correct dsdt for each mobo, reboot and after you will need the kext for what is not working, probably audio (binpatched AppleHDA and legacy kext) eth and if it does not work with graphics enabler in chameleon also video.

use the extra posted as EXAMPLE.zip , install the inluded chameleon build put in extra the correct dsdt for each mobo, reboot and after you will need the kext for what is not working, probably audio (binpatched AppleHDA and legacy kext) eth and if it does not work with graphics enabler in chameleon also video.

I'm starting to feel really stupid here. :(

I can't find an EXAMPLE.zip file, do you mean the EXTRAS.zip? I downloaded and extracted it. Should I replace my original /extra/extensions with this?

My Extra folder in my Gigabyte build includes:

Elliotforece....kext

EvOreboor.kext

Fakesmc.kext

IONetwork...kext

NullCPU...kext

NVEnabler64.kext

NVinject.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

The only extensions included in the EXTRAS.zip file I downloaded is "FakeSMC.kext." Is that the only one I need? Should I delete all the other ones I have?

How do I INSTALL the dsdt.aml file? I don't see a dsdt.aml file in the folder Extra in my HDD, nor directly on my HDD.

Do I just drag and drop it?

What are the steps: For example:

1) delete kexts

2) install dsdt

3) Install chameleon RC5

4) repair permissions

5) reboot

whats the order?

Im confused....please help a noob out ;)

I'm starting to feel really stupid here. :(

I can't find an EXAMPLE.zip file, do you mean the EXTRAS.zip? I downloaded and extracted it. Should I replace my original /extra/extensions with this?

My Extra folder in my Gigabyte build includes:

Elliotforece....kext

EvOreboor.kext

Fakesmc.kext

IONetwork...kext

NullCPU...kext

NVEnabler64.kext

NVinject.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

The only extensions included in the EXTRAS.zip file I downloaded is "FakeSMC.kext." Is that the only one I need? Should I delete all the other ones I have?

How do I INSTALL the dsdt.aml file? I don't see a dsdt.aml file in the folder Extra in my HDD, nor directly on my HDD.

Do I just drag and drop it?

What are the steps: For example:

1) delete kexts

2) install dsdt

3) Install chameleon RC5

4) repair permissions

5) reboot

whats the order?

Im confused....please help a noob out ;)

WoW

relax yel06.png

Backup

and replaces it with the one I sent you

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=82225

Install Chameleon RC5

reboot

-f -v

after

install audio, video and lan

WoW

relax yel06.png

Hi Mald0n i'm not upset i just wish I knew more about this stuff!

Backup and replaces it with the one I sent you

Backup what exactly? My old dsdt or my Extra folder? I don't see a dsdt file in my Hard Drive. I only found one on /library/dsdt/dsdtfiles. Is that the one I have to replace with the one you sent me?

reboot

-f -v

do i only do this once or do i have to do this everytime i reboot? I know -v is verbose but what is -f?

after

How? With kexts?

Do I need to repair permissions at any point?

Thanks again!

WoW

relax yel06.png

Hi Mald0n i'm not upset i just wish I knew more about this stuff!

Backup and replaces it with the one I sent you

Backup what exactly? My old dsdt or my Extra folder? I don't see a dsdt file in my Hard Drive. I only found one on /library/dsdt/dsdtfiles. Is that the one I have to replace with the one you sent me?

reboot

-f -v

do i only do this once or do i have to do this everytime i reboot? I know -v is verbose but what is -f?

after

How? With kexts?

Do I need to repair permissions at any point?

Thanks again!

Back Up your old folder Extra

Vídeo

use GraphicsEnabler

Lan

the same kext that you wore

Audio

the same kext that you wore

yes

repair permissions

delete mkext

Hi MaLd0n !

Native power menagement does not work as I expected. The increase in temperature by +10 degrees, idle 40C to 50C. Under load from goes to 60C-70C ... What's happening? Please can you check again, if I am wrong somewhere? Thank you a lot ! :|

Hi MaLd0n !

Native power menagement does not work as I expected. The increase in temperature by +10 degrees, idle 40C to 50C. Under load from goes to 60C-70C ... What's happening? Please can you check again, if I am wrong somewhere? Thank you a lot ! :|

Use voodoomonitor

see if the frequencies / voltage swings are

if I use null, my performance drops significantly, so my temperature drops along

you can manually apply

see values FID/VID

Use voodoomonitor

see if the frequencies / voltage swings are

if I use null, my performance drops significantly, so my temperature drops along

you can manually apply

see values FID/VID

MaLd0n,

No way to find values FID/VID in my DSDT or i'm looking in the wrong place?!? Voodoo monitor is ok. It remains to me only, to lower the temperature. Please, can you look? .. There simply is no such FID/VID parameters. DSDT in attachement. Thanks a lot !

Thanks ! :|

dsdt.aml.zip

MaLd0n,

No way to find values FID/VID in my DSDT or i'm looking in the wrong place?!? Voodoo monitor is ok. It remains to me only, to lower the temperature. Please, can you look? .. There simply is no such FID/VID parameters. DSDT in attachement. Thanks a lot !

Thanks ! :|

use PStateChanger

send me a SS

capturadetela20100712s1.png

use PStateChanger

send me a SS

capturadetela20100712s1.png

Now I feel like a complete fool. Under the "SS"you think SSDT or? I have them three! I guess I have them good extracted. Sorry MaLd0n, this is all new to me. Thank you for your understanding and patience. :|

SSDT.zip

post-646273-1291872795_thumb.png

Now I feel like a complete fool. Under the "SS"you think SSDT or? I have them three! I guess I have them good extracted. Sorry MaLd0n, this is all new to me. Thank you for your understanding and patience. :|

dsdt.mlstudio.zip

remove Generate P and C states(boot.plist)

dsdt.mlstudio.zip

remove Generate P and C states(boot.plist)

Processor warmer. Do not come down below 55C at idle! P and C States deleted from boot.plist! Voodoo Monitor shows a constant change in voltage and without reason ( system idle ) and also the multiplier factor! Any suggestions? Thanks!

post-646273-1291875503_thumb.png

Processor warmer. Do not come down below 55C at idle! P and C States deleted from boot.plist! Voodoo Monitor shows a constant change in voltage and without reason ( system idle ) and also the multiplier factor! Any suggestions? Thanks!

remove this DSDT

use the old

coolerbox you use?

Use the Generate P & C States

or a disabler

unfortunately

my processor is 47 degrees

the stress is only 65 degrees

normal

send me a kextstat

remove this DSDT

use the old

coolerbox you use?

Use the Generate P & C States

or a disabler

unfortunately

my processor is 47 degrees

the stress is only 65 degrees

normal

send me a kextstat

DSDT Removed. Installed old.

The original cooler that came with the processor. Clean... No dust !

Again, created P&C States.

And now... Look the voodoo monitor! Hm ! Interesting ! Temperature drop down for 15C!

Here are Kextstat ... Now I do not understand anything. I'm totally confused.

post-646273-1291876975_thumb.png

Kextstat.txt

1- you do not need it

2- double click in bdmesg

3-copy "EXTRA" to your hard drive (root or EFI)

-Install Chameleon RC5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=82190

-Reboot

-v

4-I see no speed difference, only lose HotPlug

OK, something is wrong.

I followed the procedure, after installed 10.6.5 and Chameleon, when I reboot, I got a kernel panic:

"No HPETs available ... CPU(s) configured incorrectly! /SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPOwerManagement-105.13//pmThread.c:157"

Another problem is when the computer reboots, the system BIOS is reset.

Attached is my dsdt.aml. Can you check if there is anything wrong?

thanks!

dsdt.aml.zip

hey there MaLd0n, i'm kind of new to this hole osx project, and i have manged to install almost a successful 10.6 retail install by instructions here on this forum to my P5K-SE, the DSDT im currently using was extracted under 10.5.8 install with the app "DSDT SE", and it's untouched, now there are some thing i have problem with, like i want my system to be able to sleep, and sometimes i can hear my fans going a little crazy (i don't know if this thing is normal, but sometime when the system is idle the fans are quite and sometime i can really hear them spinning more faster the they should, and my temp is always between 33 to 38 Celsius when idle)

and i want to know if there are anything else that needed to be fixed with my dsdt file, so if you can help me, i'm attaching the send_me file and if u can look at it it will be highly appreciated!

thanks a lot

send_me.zip

DSDT Removed. Installed old.

The original cooler that came with the processor. Clean... No dust !

Again, created P&C States.

And now... Look the voodoo monitor! Hm ! Interesting ! Temperature drop down for 15C!

Here are Kextstat ... Now I do not understand anything. I'm totally confused.

WoW

:D

ok

OK, something is wrong.

I followed the procedure, after installed 10.6.5 and Chameleon, when I reboot, I got a kernel panic:

"No HPETs available ... CPU(s) configured incorrectly! /SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPOwerManagement-105.13//pmThread.c:157"

Another problem is when the computer reboots, the system BIOS is reset.

Attached is my dsdt.aml. Can you check if there is anything wrong?

thanks!

alright in DSDT

make sure your DSDT is being read

Extra folder

or

root

use

Wait=Yes -v

hey there MaLd0n, i'm kind of new to this hole osx project, and i have manged to install almost a successful 10.6 retail install by instructions here on this forum to my P5K-SE, the DSDT im currently using was extracted under 10.5.8 install with the app "DSDT SE", and it's untouched, now there are some thing i have problem with, like i want my system to be able to sleep, and sometimes i can hear my fans going a little crazy (i don't know if this thing is normal, but sometime when the system is idle the fans are quite and sometime i can really hear them spinning more faster the they should, and my temp is always between 33 to 38 Celsius when idle)

and i want to know if there are anything else that needed to be fixed with my dsdt file, so if you can help me, i'm attaching the send_me file and if u can look at it it will be highly appreciated!

thanks a lot

dsdt.Noam_AA.zip

DTGP

EHCI

FGET

HID/CID

UHCI

IRQs

LAN0

LPC

REMOVE

RENAME