DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

In case someone might need, here is the audio patch for ALC883 (Asus P5K SE). This is for 10.6.8 but I am sure it will work on Lion too.

- LegacyHDA_ ALC883.kext goes to Extra folder.

- Copy layout12.xml and Platforms.xml to AppleHDA> Resources.

- Patch the binary with the following.

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x83\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

- HDEF Device in DSDT.

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x05
                   })
               }
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x08)
                       {
                           "codec-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x83, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                           }, 
                           "layout-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           "device-type", 
                           Buffer (0x0F)
                           {
                               "Realtek ALC883"
                           }, 
                           "PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

AppleHDA_ALC883.zip

The original kext, created for Aspire 9420, belongs to Kizwan so the credit goes to him.

I just modified the kext according to the new AppleHDA.

I always have to be unique. :(

I booted with -s and it panicked. See attached screenshot.

I found that I was able to remove /Extra because when the desktop comes up I have a few seconds before it panics. So I moved /Extra to the trash, then it panicked, and I rebooted. No joy. I posted a screenshot of this KP below.

I wonder if my computer does not like Chameleon? When I first installed Snow Leopard I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and everything booted fine. My only problem was it would not sleep and audio did not work, so I tried your method and that's when it started panicking.

the problem is HPET

your DSDT is loaded?

use Wait=Yes -v

Its's the ALC889A MaLd0n...

ALC889a

AppleHDA.kext.zip

the problem is HPET

your DSDT is loaded?

use Wait=Yes -v

My DSDT is not currently loaded.

HPET was enabled/32bit by default in my BIOS. When it panicked the very first time (when my DSDT *was* loaded) it was enabled/32bit. Since then I have tried enabled/32bit, enabled/64bit, and disabled but DSDT was *not* loaded. All 3 configurations kernel panicked.

I can reinstall Snow Leopard and load the auto-patched DSDT then try all three PET configurations. I will boot with Wait=Yes -v and post photos.

Please note that when I installed and booted Snow Leopard with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] that HPET was enabled/32bit and I had no kernel panics.

Thank you for your help MaLd0n.

Thanks MaLd0n, can I ask is this the file from 10.6.7 or have you edited the one from 10.6.8 to allow it to work?

EDIT: I just tested the file from Post #3902, it doesn't allow audio to work with my current hardware / configuration.

Thanks MaLd0n, can I ask is this the file from 10.6.7 or have you edited the one from 10.6.8 to allow it to work?

EDIT: I just tested the file from Post #3902, it doesn't allow audio to work with my current hardware / configuration.

use LegacyHDA

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=87699

+ HDEF in DSDT

+ APPLEHDA Post #3902

Work Like a Charm

MaLd0n, I took your advice and applied 10.6.8 comboupdate along with your patched dsdt.aml and 8,1 mbp folder. This is what showed when I try to boot. Please help!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258611

I'm having some problem, sleep is not working for me. It goes to sleep but never wakes up. I tried editing the dsdt already which was working previously. Do I need sleepenabler.kext as I'm using Chameleon RC5 I have set P and C states to yes in my boot.plist. Please advice, it was working fine previously.

MaLd0n,

my motherboard is not listed in your dsdt autopatcher

its a GA-EP35C-DS3R

im reluctant to use the EP35-DS3R and P35C-DS3R variants currently on your list.

there are differences.

can i send you my run_me.zip file? i think it will be a great addition.

thanks.

use LegacyHDA

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=87699

+ HDEF in DSDT

+ APPLEHDA Post #3902

Work Like a Charm

You are indeed correct, I guess my Legacy889aHDA.kext installed in E/E wasn't up to the job.

For future reference (and my sanity!) Is the AppleHDA.kext you linked to the untouched file from 10.6.8 please?

Many thanks MaLd0n!

EDIT: Using the files / method above, there is a delay with the sound being enabled following a reboot (The speaker icon is greyed out for a few seconds then it works).

Having a bad situation here...

Sleeps work partial if I don't set GraphicsEnabler. It sleeps but the screen just freezes, until I wake it up.

If I set GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it does to black but won't wake up. Please advise.

I'm running DSDT from the auto patcher along with modified ALCHDA kext only.

MaLd0n,

its a GA-EP35C-DS3R

im reluctant to use the EP35-DS3R and P35C-DS3R variants currently on your list.

there are differences.

thanks.

send me files fun.gif

Having a bad situation here...

Sleeps work partial if I don't set GraphicsEnabler. It sleeps but the screen just freezes, until I wake it up.

If I set GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it does to black but won't wake up. Please advise.

I'm running DSDT from the auto patcher along with modified ALCHDA kext only.

mobo?

Thank you MaLd0n for the pointers, I can boot into 10.6.8 with custom dsdt.aml. But there's alot of things not working still. Like wifi, nvidia gtx 460, audio, restart/sleep/shutdown and speedstep. It's running little faster now. Please point me in the right direction. I have attached a new copy of the current working 10.6.8 send me file.

MaLd0n,

its a GA-EP35C-DS3R

there are differences.

thanks.

send me files post-557433-1309017267.gif

it runs a Q6600 overclocked to 3.4GHz, 8GB of RAM and an ATI HD5770 1GB

here's my run_me file

send_me.zip

appreciate your help.

Thank you MaLd0n for the pointers, I can boot into 10.6.8 with custom dsdt.aml. But there's alot of things not working still. Like wifi, nvidia gtx 460, audio, restart/sleep/shutdown and speedstep. It's running little faster now. Please point me in the right direction. I have attached a new copy of the current working 10.6.8 send me file.

dsdt.jeffc2009.zip

it runs a Q6600 overclocked to 3.4GHz, 8GB of RAM and an ATI HD5770 1GB

here's my run_me file

dsdt.monterovia.zip

after reboot

use HDEF Gigabyte

see the first post

Could you check mine please MaLd0n, I re-did a lot of things today and would be greatful of a fresh file to use :help:

Use DSDT Auto-Patcher

remove NullCPUPowerManagement

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks but with that, still no speedstep, video, wifi, audio, sleep.

Here is the latest update to 8,3 mbp. Can you help.

use 10.6.8..only

speedstep

video, wifi, audio

use kext

Sleep

NativePM + USB fix(if you need)

use 10.6.8..only

speedstep

video, wifi, audio

use kext

Sleep

NativePM + USB fix(if you need)

MaLd0n, I have this in my boot.plist with Chameleon 1061.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>pmVersion=23</string>

</dict>

</plist>

for some reason i still need pmVersion=23.

I got wifi working by changing device id.

Hi Maldon,

Back with another mobo, hope you can help! I've tried using the auto patcher but it's not listed. This is for the Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard. I know video won't work (the Intel X3500). I've tried using the default Asus P5E in the auto patcher but it doesn't help. Also tried setting ALC883 (which is what the site lists this as) but that too isn't getting injected right. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

send_me.zip

for some reason i still need pmVersion=23.

remove SleepEnabler

Hi Maldon,

Back with another mobo, hope you can help! I've tried using the auto patcher but it's not listed. This is for the Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard. I know video won't work (the Intel X3500). I've tried using the default Asus P5E in the auto patcher but it doesn't help. Also tried setting ALC883 (which is what the site lists this as) but that too isn't getting injected right. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

dsdt.savestheday.zip

Intel x3500?

supported?

My mobo is EP35-DS3L

send me kextstat

run on terminal

Thx for the quick reply! Yeah the Intel X3500 is supposedly supported but I'm not sure how to inject it. Graphics Enabler is not working.

Unfortunately, the Serial ATA in system profiler still states unknown and the audio is not being injected correctly. Any thoughts?

post-386118-1309041039_thumb.jpg

post-386118-1309041055_thumb.jpg

Thx for the quick reply! Yeah the Intel X3500 is supposedly supported but I'm not sure how to inject it. Graphics Enabler is not working.

Unfortunately, the Serial ATA in system profiler still states unknown and the audio is not being injected correctly. Any thoughts?

SATA(use in E/E or S/L/E)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=80240

AUDIO

use HDEF Gigabyte

apply ALC883

see the first post

Hi @MaLd0n,

You made for me (my mobo ASRock Wolfdale 1333 Glan/M) a perfect DSDT, that I still use it.

In SL 10.6.8 and Lion DP4 I has to replace ACPI & PCI kexts with these from SL 10.6.7 to remove the problem with [PCI configuration begin]. Also in Lion DP4 I has to patch AppleRTC to prevent reset CMOS after sleep, but I still have last problem with this, that after wake from sleep in DP4, my FPS/OpenGL/animations in Cinebench 11.5 drops to 8, before sleep - 21fps (VGA HD4670).

@STLVNUB advice me HERE, that Lion needs more modified DSDT, to remove my few problems, mostly with "drop FPS/OpenGL and animations after wake from sleep", and eventualy ACPI & PCI in SL 10.6.8 & Lion DP4.

Unfortunately, I still can`t modify DSDT.. :( Can you help me. Do I need such a modifications for my mobo, that @STLVNUB advice me.

I attach the DSDT here. Thanks in advance. I hope you can also advice me and tell me if there is some problems with the following DSDT.