DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

hi madl0n,

sorry to ask again,but im not able to boot into 10.6.8 with original kernel,it hangs up all the time,regardless which boot flag im using.

post a photo

with your DSDT: reboot\shutdown not working without evoreboot, CMOS clears to defaults. Sleep: notebook goes to sleep, Power indicator starts blink, i press power button, notebook turn on, and nothink - laptop screen dont work and

fan highly spinning. Backlight control dont work :D

The DSDT is not being read

post a photo

The DSDT is not being read

No, chameleon reports that DSDT is loaded (i renamed dsdt.aml to speedstep.aml).

Customizing SystemID with : 548c3c17-e717-4aad-ba8c-203040506099

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,4)/Extra/speedstep.aml] 50661 bytes.

ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml

FADT: Restart Fix applied!

FADT: Using custom DSDT!

Found ACPI CPU: CPU0

Found ACPI CPU: CPU1

Found ACPI CPU: CPU2

Found ACPI CPU: CPU3

Found ACPI CPU: CPU4

Found ACPI CPU: CPU5

Found ACPI CPU: CPU6

Found ACPI CPU: CPU7

SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully

P-States: min 0x7, max 0x10

SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully

RSDT: Added 2 SSDT table(s)

Added 2 SSDT table(s) into XSDT

Starting Darwin x86

Is there any way to diagnose what went wrong with Speedstep on my system? I have tried a freshly created DSDT.aml, one that MaLd0n made me a while ago and get the same result from both.

I have also removed EthernetBuiltIn=Yes from the com.apple.boot.plist, it didn't make any difference.

I am pretty sure the CPU is running at full speed as being reported by K-Stat-i as the temps are also up and the CPU fan is running faster.

Any help appreciated :D

Thanks for getting back to me MaLd0n,

Have tried that but no change :rolleyes:

use legacy for Lion

try it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

Sorry missed the question need help in dsdt file and steps to follow for install of mac on my machine

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=250849&hl=

after install

send me files

see the first post

Hey Maldon,

I think you have this already, or did at one point (though I can't get the link to work), but I attached a clean DSDT from a Z68XP-UD4 (I booted w/ [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to extract the DSDT, couldn't get it w/ HackBoot).

I also attached a send_me.zip in case it is helpful (sorry, I know the dsdt.aml in there is redundant).

I've since attempted to apply patches from similar looking mobos' DSDTs, but I'm sure I'm not doing it optimally. I've got sleep & internet working w/ 10.6.8, but no sound so far.

I know you've probably got a lot on your plate w/ 10.6.8, so please don't feel obligated to mess with these.

Thanks a bunch for all of your hard work!

(haven't plugged in the rest of the RAM yet. Will I need to re-extract the DSDT after so doing?)

i7 2600k

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4

EVGA 9800x+ GTX

4 GB G-Skill 1033Hz

160GB Velociraptor

Edit: I don't know why I couldn't get the link to load from the Z68 Auto-Patcher update. Sorry for being a dufus. In any case, there's no Z68XP-UD4 in there so far as I can tell, so perhaps this will be useful. If this DSDT ain't extracted properly, I'll be happy to boot into Ubuntu and extract it shortly.

dont remove ram

use maxmem=

dsdt_wem3.zip

Would anyone know why speedstep stopped working in a fresh install of 10.6.8 using the same files that it worked ok with in 10.6.7?

Only thing different is EthernetBuiltIn=Yes has been added to the com.apple.boot.plist.

the command does not return result

but speedstep is working here

Hi MaLd0n (& Thanks!), sorry I don't really understand what you mean?

:rolleyes: MaLd0n Sorry :wacko:

It turns out I wasn't seeing any reduction in clockspeed because the CPU was at 100% load due to a bug in Parallels & 10.6.8!

I carried out their workaround until they fix it and all is good in Speedstep land again :angel:

Hi again.

Tried that. Still the same.

A few questions though in case I'm doing something wrong.

The folder had 'layout885.xml' and 'Platforms.xml'. I didn't do anything with those. Is it a must to have them copied into AppleHDA.kext?

Also do I use this legacy kext with the original AppleHDA.kext or the modded one you linked to earlier?

And I've put the legacy kext in Extra rather that /System/Library/Extensions. Would that make a difference?

Edit: Re-installed the Original AppleHDA.kext. Copied 'layout885.xml' and 'Platforms.xml' into it. Used the legacy kext (in /System/Library/Extensions/).

Sound works but still no front headphone. In fact same list as before. :)

I've attached the LegacyHDA I used to use before 10.6.8. This one used to give me Front Headphone.

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

Intel® HM55 Express-chipset

Intel® Core™ i5-460M-processor

4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650-graphics

17,3 inch WXGA++ (1600x900) screen

- Screen brightness changes

- Power management (showing it's on battery while it's not, etc.)

- Sleep mode

- No hardware acceleration on internal LVDS (HDMI and VGA ports are fine when using the right framebuffers)

dsdt.AcidSyl.zip

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

remove EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement

use AppleHdaDisabler

brightness and No hardware acceleration on internal LVDS

use the search forum

I have no idea

No, chameleon reports that DSDT is loaded (i renamed dsdt.aml to speedstep.aml).

Customizing SystemID with : 548c3c17-e717-4aad-ba8c-203040506099

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,4)/Extra/speedstep.aml] 50661 bytes.

ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml

Found ACPI CPU: CPU0

Found ACPI CPU: CPU1

Found ACPI CPU: CPU2

Found ACPI CPU: CPU3

Found ACPI CPU: CPU4

Found ACPI CPU: CPU5

Found ACPI CPU: CPU6

Found ACPI CPU: CPU7

SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully

P-States: min 0x7, max 0x10

SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully

RSDT: Added 2 SSDT table(s)

Added 2 SSDT table(s) into XSDT

Starting Darwin x86

Use fresh install

-_-

Hi Daniel ,

I have changed to card video, now I have a Gtx 470, must be modified something in the DSDT? I have noticed that from when the installed one I do not see more it rotates that it turns

Thank's Daniel

same DSDT

fermi drivers + GraphicsEnabler=Yes and pciroot

Where do we send you these send_me.zip files to mate?

http://www.sendspace.com/

Hi MaLd0n (& Thanks!), sorry I don't really understand what you mean?

-_- MaLd0n Sorry :wacko:

It turns out I wasn't seeing any reduction in clockspeed because the CPU was at 100% load due to a bug in Parallels & 10.6.8!

I carried out their workaround until they fix it and all is good in Speedstep land again ;)

:)

Hi again.

Tried that. Still the same.

A few questions though in case I'm doing something wrong.

The folder had 'layout885.xml' and 'Platforms.xml'. I didn't do anything with those. Is it a must to have them copied into AppleHDA.kext?

Also do I use this legacy kext with the original AppleHDA.kext or the modded one you linked to earlier?

And I've put the legacy kext in Extra rather that /System/Library/Extensions. Would that make a difference?

Edit: Re-installed the Original AppleHDA.kext. Copied 'layout885.xml' and 'Platforms.xml' into it. Used the legacy kext (in /System/Library/Extensions/).

Sound works but still no front headphone. In fact same list as before. :(

I've attached the LegacyHDA I used to use before 10.6.8. This one used to give me Front Headphone.

I have no idea

Sorry

Thanks a bunch! Could you hit me with a 'look it' link about maxmem= ? I'm not sure how/where/when to apply that.

Sure do appreciate your hard work!

in Chameleon screen or boot.plist

maxmem=4096 4GB

maxmem=2048 2GB

(for example)

Hey Maldon, interested in helping me learn to patch a 2008 era Xeon board? I've got a Win7 machine next to my Mac Pro that I can get up to 10.6.7 (haven't tried .8 yet) but my DSDT.aml is a bit of a kludge as I haven't gotten a good handle on things from other examples...my board is just too different. Several PCI busses, IRQs that extend up into the 100's under Win7's device manager and so on. But the board has the same chipset as my Mac Pro (5400 Xeon), and there's a small handful of people who PM me to ask how to get networking (Intel) and audio (ALC883) as well as gpu working. GPU I've always done via injection but ALC883 I have yet to try pinconfig due to lack of DSDT.aml knowldge...

send me files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

Files below, also included a dump & compile from your Windows autopatcher. Thanks for your help, I found so few examples similar to my board I've made very little progress with manual patching.

My post on the previous page has the files requested (and I added them here), did you also need to know what I have installed in /E/E?

send_me.zip

WIn7_DSDT.zip

send me files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

Files below, also included a dump & compile from your Windows autopatcher. Thanks for your help, I found so few examples similar to my board I've made very little progress with manual patching.

My post on the previous page has the files requested (and I added them here), did you also need to know what I have installed in /E/E?

try it

dsdt.scalar.zip

remove EvOreboot and Disabler

if you have KP, use ForceHPET=Yes

try it

dsdt.scalar.zip

remove EvOreboot and Disabler

if you have KP, use ForceHPET=Yes

Trying it now, quick question though. If I update my cpu's next week from E5430's (2.66Ghz, 1333mhz FSB) to different E5462's (2.8Ghz, 1600Mhz fsb, may have to run @ 1333 until I get new ram) will this change be needed in my DSDT also?

@MaLd0n

What is the recommended way to run the patcher? Must all bios options be set to Auto or can it be run if u've already set them manual? Also, does it make a difference/is it better where you run it? ie. Windows/OSX

I'm asking because upon running into some strange behavior on my main HD 10.6.5, i decided to analyze my dsdt a bit further but i'm finding that peps with my same specs dont have certain thing in their code.

example.......

11. Remove the IRQ from the PIC device to solve the audio stuttering problem

I dont have Device (PIC), what i do have is Device (IPIC).

Another thing i noticed is that ......

3. To solve the CMOS issue that resets the BIOS back to default, in `Device (RTC)' change the the two instances of 0x04 to 0x02.The patcher Only replaces one of the 0x04

I noticed some other stuff as well but i dont want to be a pest.As for my issues,after trying 10.6.8 on my test drive my main HD has some how been infected ;) .Force Sleep no longer works an Shutdown causes CMOS reset on my Main HD 10.6.5>i'm really fed up of trying to sort this out so any help would be great.........Bless

Trying it now, quick question though. If I update my cpu's next week from E5430's (2.66Ghz, 1333mhz FSB) to different E5462's (2.8Ghz, 1600Mhz fsb, may have to run @ 1333 until I get new ram) will this change be needed in my DSDT also?

just trying

@MaLd0n

What is the recommended way to run the patcher? Must all bios options be set to Auto or can it be run if u've already set them manual? Also, does it make a difference/is it better where you run it? ie. Windows/OSX

I'm asking because upon running into some strange behavior on my main HD 10.6.5, i decided to analyze my dsdt a bit further but i'm finding that peps with my same specs dont have certain thing in their code.

example.......

11. Remove the IRQ from the PIC device to solve the audio stuttering problem

I dont have Device (PIC), what i do have is Device (IPIC).

Another thing i noticed is that ......

3. To solve the CMOS issue that resets the BIOS back to default, in `Device (RTC)' change the the two instances of 0x04 to 0x02.The patcher Only replaces one of the 0x04

I noticed some other stuff as well but i dont want to be a pest.As for my issues,after trying 10.6.8 on my test drive my main HD has some how been infected ;) .Force Sleep no longer works an Shutdown causes CMOS reset on my Main HD 10.6.5>i'm really fed up of trying to sort this out so any help would be great.........Bless

Use ADRESS

PNP0000

change the the two instances? :pirate2:

the case may be different

Whats is your mobo?

Hello.

I think you missed my last message.

This is my send_me.zip

http://www.lucid-composure.co.uk/web/sendme.zip

Look forward to your help

Johnny

dsdt.tehphoenixsplx.zip

What is your mobo? ICH10...but...model?

Use ADRESS

PNP0000

change the the two instances? :wacko:

the case may be different

Whats is your mobo?

The two instances i was referring to is d00d's post on DSDT edits #3. You lost me with the Use ADRESS PNP0000 ? the '' case may be different '' Do you meant the way the internal Computer case are wired?

My MB is GA X58A-UD5 Rev 1(F6).........

Hey Mald0n

I thank you for the last patch, now I am on a

I keep getting one error on the _Wak that I cant resolve and there is also something small somewhere else

the _Wak says it needs a return value, which makes sense but I dont know what value its supposed to return

Please patch it up for me on the cmos rtc and the hpet.. I am currently on 10.5.2 but Im trying to use this DSDT to install Snow Leopard

Thanks

here is my DSDT

greg_stevenslys_ioreg__fl.rtf

greg_stevenslys_kextstat.rtf

The two instances i was referring to is d00d's post on DSDT edits #3. You lost me with the Use ADRESS PNP0000 ? the '' case may be different '' Do you meant the way the internal Computer case are wired?

My MB is GA X58A-UD5 Rev 1(F6).........

look it

Device (PIC)
               {
                   Name (_HID, EisaId ("[color="#FF0000"][b]PNP0000[/b][/color]"))