DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,753 posts in this topic

Use AppleRTC Snow 10.6.8

Video

I have no idea

try with Kabyl's Boot

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768

So DSDT is fine (ACPI & PCI). For Kabyl`s Boot, I use lastest trunk (now Kabyl`s is injected in trunk).

About AppleRTC from SL 10.6.8 you think that can help me better than pach and fix my last problem with VGA after wake .. :(

I`ll try .. thanks.

PP: Just test with AppleRTC from 10.6.8. No CMOS reset, but low animations and OpenGL fps after wake from sleep stays.

I think the problem is that VGA power stays in low profile in sleep and after wake didn`t change it .. How do you think MaLd0n, should be this .. ? :)

hello. i'd like to try the DSDT autopatcher. I'm using an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install with a pre-edited DSDT, but it doesn't work since 10.6.7 - reboot shuts down, sleep wakes into a reboot (shutdown works).

Gigabyte P55A-UD4/F15

i5-750

nVidia 7300GT Mac

8GM RAM, Kingston SSD

I tried the DSDT patcher out of the download folder, but it gives me this

[Line 197 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

[Line 203 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)]

then I read your comments about removing the dsdt.aml from /Extra, I did that, but then the system boots and then the curtain falls (you have to reboot your computer...) after about 5 seconds of idle time on the desktop.

how would I be able to run this? could I run the patcher on an ubuntu LiveCD maybe??

hi madl0n,

ive extracted a new zip,should be fine now,sorry didnt know the right way before!!! i would be really thankfull if you could have a look to my dsdt.

im still having low benchmarks in geekbench but audio & graphic is working.

i can only run 10.6.8 with the kernel from tonymac bridgehelper2.01

thaks a lot for your help!!!!

greets kai

send_me.zip

I used a newly installed win7 to test the patcher. Win7 wasn't installed completely with all drivers though. I used the generated dsdt.aml in Extra folder (just copy-pasted it from a Linux live cd), but after booing again from the modified OSX there is no USB access on either USB2 or USB3 ports, so I can't do anything basically as my keyboard and mouse are both USB.

I tried copying back the dsdt from tonymacx86, but then the machine got unstable ;) and crashes after about 1minute from idle desktop.

Any ideas?

Hey Maldon, interested in helping me learn to patch a 2008 era Xeon board? I've got a Win7 machine next to my Mac Pro that I can get up to 10.6.7 (haven't tried .8 yet) but my DSDT.aml is a bit of a kludge as I haven't gotten a good handle on things from other examples...my board is just too different. Several PCI busses, IRQs that extend up into the 100's under Win7's device manager and so on. But the board has the same chipset as my Mac Pro (5400 Xeon), and there's a small handful of people who PM me to ask how to get networking (Intel) and audio (ALC883) as well as gpu working. GPU I've always done via injection but ALC883 I have yet to try pinconfig due to lack of DSDT.aml knowldge...

hello. i'd like to try the DSDT autopatcher. I'm using an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install with a pre-edited DSDT, but it doesn't work since 10.6.7 - reboot shuts down, sleep wakes into a reboot (shutdown works).

Gigabyte P55A-UD4/F15

i5-750

nVidia 7300GT Mac

8GM RAM, Kingston SSD

how would I be able to run this? could I run the patcher on an ubuntu LiveCD maybe??

extract from windows and apply

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225991

look it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257753

follow it

hi madl0n,

ive extracted a new zip,should be fine now,sorry didnt know the right way before!!! i would be really thankfull if you could have a look to my dsdt.

im still having low benchmarks in geekbench but audio & graphic is working.

i can only run 10.6.8 with the kernel from tonymac bridgehelper2.01

thaks a lot for your help!!!!

greets kai

send_me.zip

use 10.6.8 and original kernel

mobo and chipset?

Hey Maldon, interested in helping me learn to patch a 2008 era Xeon board? I've got a Win7 machine next to my Mac Pro that I can get up to 10.6.7 (haven't tried .8 yet) but my DSDT.aml is a bit of a kludge as I haven't gotten a good handle on things from other examples...my board is just too different. Several PCI busses, IRQs that extend up into the 100's under Win7's device manager and so on. But the board has the same chipset as my Mac Pro (5400 Xeon), and there's a small handful of people who PM me to ask how to get networking (Intel) and audio (ALC883) as well as gpu working. GPU I've always done via injection but ALC883 I have yet to try pinconfig due to lack of DSDT.aml knowldge...

send me files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

I MaLd0n :wacko: how are you?

I send you the dsdt from my asus k52jc (equal to x52jc)

I have problem with shutdown (simple for you :gun: ), touchpad and keyboard (i use ApplePS2Controller in Extra), and speedstep in dsdt (now i use chameleon for speedstep and reboot)

Thanks for any help :gun:

p.s. if you have idea for nvidia optimus, i can make a test :gun:

send_me.zip

thanks, I have the ACPI output, but the Autopatcher doesn't stop working with the file.... with the Everest .bin file, just says "applying patches..."

Extract from the system is OK, I'll use that.

will do and report back! Thanks! :wacko:

will do and report back! Thanks! :angel:

your method with chameleon RC5 fails at step2 :P : installed OSX with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Installed Chameleon RC5 from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], copied your zipped Extra folder, copied DSDT to Extra, reboot. Chameleon reboots again after selecting the OSX drive.

I installed drivers and your DSDT.AML with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], but it still doesnt sleep properly (i suspect there is something with the hardware as well, windows sometimes shuts down instead of reboot as well).

I am attaching my DSDT output from the autopatcher for the P55A-UD4 for reference - could you take a peek into it pls? :D

dsdt_final.aml.zip

Hi MaLd0n,

I really admire your good and awesome job

but I really need your help in patching my DSDT as I am having switchable graphic cards but I guess that there is a mistake, so any help is greatly admired from anybody who can fix y DSDT.

Thanks in advance to all :P

BTW, My SPECS are in my signature :D

Clean_DSDT_Ubuntu10.10.zip

SATA(use in E/E or S/L/E)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=80240

AUDIO

use HDEF Gigabyte

apply ALC883

see the first post

Hey MaLd0n,

Not sure if you can help me with this. I've got the EP45-UD3R with the now extinct Cartri Bios. Before the 10.6.8 Update I had my front headphone jack listed and working in the sound settings.

After the update I had no sound. Used the AppleHDA in Post #3902. Sound back but no more headphone in the list of outputs. I've only got 'Internal Speakers', 'Line Out', 'Line Out' & 'Digital Out'.

Could you possibly help me get Headphone back?

Thanks.

Hello, MaLd0n! Please, edit my DSDT if you can.

My OS: Snow leopard 10.6.3 Retail + 10.6.8 combo update

My hardware: Lenovo y460 notebook

ALC272 (i'm using applehda 1.6.8a, hdef edited is in dsdt) - work 100% (built-in mic, speakers, mini jacks)

ATI Radeon HD 5650m - work 90% (with kabyls boot; QE\Cl works, 1366x768 resolution, all ok, but Mac OS can not control the backlight (i can change screen brightness by pressing FN+up\down))

Intel Core i3 330m SpeedStep dont work and processor temperature hotter than in Windows 7 ;)

Bluetooth (broadcom; i dont know model) - works very well, but not switches on\off from Mac OS

Wireless AR9285 - works 100% (i added my model ID to IO80211Family/Contents/Plugins/AirPortAtheros21.kext/Info.plist)

Ethernet BCM57780 - works 100% with BCM5722D kext

Cardreader (JMicron JMB380) - not work, i coud not find kext for it

Touchpad\keyboard - work very well with ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub

Sleep - dont work

Notebook lid - sleep dont work, when i close it.

Notebook battery level dont shows

I attached my dsdt.dsl (patched with DSDTFixer and added HDEF section with DSDTSE) and original DSDT extracted with Everest in Windows

P.S I using evoreboot

P.P.S. Sorry for my English ;) i'm from russia

dsdt_patched.zip

dsdt_original.zip

Thanks!!!!

I MaLd0n ;) how are you?

I send you the dsdt from my asus k52jc (equal to x52jc)

I have problem with shutdown (simple for you :D ), touchpad and keyboard (i use ApplePS2Controller in Extra), and speedstep in dsdt (now i use chameleon for speedstep and reboot)

Thanks for any help :)

p.s. if you have idea for nvidia optimus, i can make a test ;)

dsdt_fiox89.zip

DTGP

EHCI

FN KEYS

HDEF

HPET

IRQs

PNLF

RTC

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

UHCI

FIX ERRORS and WARNINGS

nvidia optimus

I have no idea

thanks, I have the ACPI output, but the Autopatcher doesn't stop working with the file.... with the Everest .bin file, just says "applying patches..."

Extract from the system is OK, I'll use that.

.bin to .aml :)

your method with chameleon RC5 fails at step2 :) : installed OSX with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Installed Chameleon RC5 from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], copied your zipped Extra folder, copied DSDT to Extra, reboot. Chameleon reboots again after selecting the OSX drive.

I installed drivers and your DSDT.AML with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], but it still doesnt sleep properly (i suspect there is something with the hardware as well, windows sometimes shuts down instead of reboot as well).

I am attaching my DSDT output from the autopatcher for the P55A-UD4 for reference - could you take a peek into it pls? ;)

dsdt_final.aml.zip

DSDT ok

send me kextstat, run on terminal

Hi MaLd0n,

I really admire your good and awesome job

but I really need your help in patching my DSDT as I am having switchable graphic cards but I guess that there is a mistake, so any help is greatly admired from anybody who can fix y DSDT.

Thanks in advance to all :)

BTW, My SPECS are in my signature ;)

dsdt_mooody888.zip

:(

Daniel Help..help ,

I have installed the 10.6.8 and audio does not work, has installed kext the old AppleHda but it does not work, I have also reset cmos unexpected.. :wacko::wacko:

I'm crazy now

furiosi11.gif

Use the search forum

;)

Hey MaLd0n,

Not sure if you can help me with this. I've got the EP45-UD3R with the now extinct Cartri Bios. Before the 10.6.8 Update I had my front headphone jack listed and working in the sound settings.

After the update I had no sound. Used the AppleHDA in Post #3902. Sound back but no more headphone in the list of outputs. I've only got 'Internal Speakers', 'Line Out', 'Line Out' & 'Digital Out'.

Could you possibly help me get Headphone back?

Thanks.

try it in E/E or S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=87699

Hello, MaLd0n! Please, edit my DSDT if you can.

My OS: Snow leopard 10.6.3 Retail + 10.6.8 combo update

My hardware: Lenovo y460 notebook

ALC272 (i'm using applehda 1.6.8a, hdef edited is in dsdt) - work 100% (built-in mic, speakers, mini jacks)

ATI Radeon HD 5650m - work 90% (with kabyls boot; QE\Cl works, 1366x768 resolution, all ok, but Mac OS can not control the backlight (i can change screen brightness by pressing FN+up\down))

Intel Core i3 330m SpeedStep dont work and processor temperature hotter than in Windows 7 :(

Bluetooth (broadcom; i dont know model) - works very well, but not switches on\off from Mac OS

Wireless AR9285 - works 100% (i added my model ID to IO80211Family/Contents/Plugins/AirPortAtheros21.kext/Info.plist)

Ethernet BCM57780 - works 100% with BCM5722D kext

Cardreader (JMicron JMB380) - not work, i coud not find kext for it

Touchpad\keyboard - work very well with ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub

Sleep - dont work

Notebook lid - sleep dont work, when i close it.

Notebook battery level dont shows

I attached my dsdt.dsl (patched with DSDTFixer and added HDEF section with DSDTSE) and original DSDT extracted with Everest in Windows

P.S I using evoreboot

P.P.S. Sorry for my English :( i'm from russia

dsdt_www2287.zip

remove evoreboot

use 10.6.8 and original kernel

mobo and chipset?

hi madl0n,

sorry to ask again,but im not able to boot into 10.6.8 with original kernel,it hangs up all the time,regardless which boot flag im using.so no way to extract file from 10.6.8 with orig kernel.i could only extract one from 10.6.3

my system is running ok just a bit slow so i was hoping to fix this with patched dsdt.

would i be ok to send sendme.zip from a clean 10.6.3 install?

cant find the motherboard info(tryd everest and some others.its a dell motherboard,im having the new dell xps17 l702x

with 3 d,disabled optimus.

thanks for your help

greets kai

dsdt_www2287.zip

remove evoreboot

with your DSDT: reboot\shutdown not working without evoreboot, CMOS clears to defaults. Sleep: notebook goes to sleep, Power indicator starts blink, i press power button, notebook turn on, and nothink - laptop screen dont work and

fan highly spinning. Backlight control dont work ;)

kextstat.zip

Is the Z68 AutoPatcher download working? The link just takes me to the same page. Is it just a notification that the autopatcher has been updated for Z68 boards?

Thanks!

Model A dv6t-3100

prod # WW140AV / XC102AV

System board 1448

Processor - Intel® Core i7 CPU Q70 @1.60GHz 1.60 GHz

RAM 8 GB

System type 64-bit Operting System

Biometric Devices - Validity Sensor VFS301

Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth

Display - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

BlueRay Drive - hp BD MLT UJ240

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers - Inter 5 Series 4 port SATA AHCI Controller

Imaging devices - HP Webcam

Keyboard - Standard PS2

Pointing Devices - Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad

Monitors - Generic Pnp Monitor

Sound video and game controller -

ATI High Definiatin Audio device

InsydeH20 Bios version F.27

Sorry missed the question need help in dsdt file and steps to follow for install of mac on my machine

Model A dv6t-3100

prod # WW140AV / XC102AV

System board 1448

Processor - Intel® Core i7 CPU Q70 @1.60GHz 1.60 GHz

RAM 8 GB

System type 64-bit Operting System

Biometric Devices - Validity Sensor VFS301

Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth

Display - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

BlueRay Drive - hp BD MLT UJ240

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers - Inter 5 Series 4 port SATA AHCI Controller

Imaging devices - HP Webcam

Keyboard - Standard PS2

Pointing Devices - Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad

Monitors - Generic Pnp Monitor

Sound video and game controller -

ATI High Definiatin Audio device

InsydeH20 Bios version F.27

Hey Maldon,

I think you have this already, or did at one point (though I can't get the link to work), but I attached a clean DSDT from a Z68XP-UD4 (I booted w/ [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to extract the DSDT, couldn't get it w/ HackBoot).

I also attached a send_me.zip in case it is helpful (sorry, I know the dsdt.aml in there is redundant).

I've since attempted to apply patches from similar looking mobos' DSDTs, but I'm sure I'm not doing it optimally. I've got sleep & internet working w/ 10.6.8, but no sound so far.

I know you've probably got a lot on your plate w/ 10.6.8, so please don't feel obligated to mess with these.

Thanks a bunch for all of your hard work!

(haven't plugged in the rest of the RAM yet. Will I need to re-extract the DSDT after so doing?)

i7 2600k

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4

EVGA 9800x+ GTX

4 GB G-Skill 1033Hz

160GB Velociraptor

Edit: I don't know why I couldn't get the link to load from the Z68 Auto-Patcher update. Sorry for being a dufus. In any case, there's no Z68XP-UD4 in there so far as I can tell, so perhaps this will be useful. If this DSDT ain't extracted properly, I'll be happy to boot into Ubuntu and extract it shortly.

DSDT.aml.zip

send_me.zip

Would anyone know why speedstep stopped working in a fresh install of 10.6.8 using the same files that it worked ok with in 10.6.7?

Only thing different is EthernetBuiltIn=Yes has been added to the com.apple.boot.plist.

Hi Maldon,

Thanks for all your hard work. I've attached the files for my Sony Vaio VPC-EC3M1E. Specs:

Intel® HM55 Express-chipset

Intel® Core™ i5-460M-processor

4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650-graphics

17,3 inch WXGA++ (1600x900) screen

Everything is working fine (running 10.6.8), except for the following:

- Screen brightness changes

- Power management (showing it's on battery while it's not, etc.)

- Sleep mode

- No hardware acceleration on internal LVDS (HDMI and VGA ports are fine when using the right framebuffers)

I'd be very grateful if you could compile a DSDT for me. I tried to do it myself, but keep on having loads of errors.

To fix the internal screen, I think adding dual-link to the DSDT might help (based on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...;#entry1362685). Would it be possible for you to also include this?

Muito obrigado!

send_me.zip

Hey Maldon,

I think you have this already, or did at one point (though I can't get the link to work), but I attached a clean DSDT from a Z68XP-UD4 (I booted w/ [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to extract the DSDT, couldn't get it w/ HackBoot).

I also attached a send_me.zip in case it is helpful (sorry, I know the dsdt.aml in there is redundant).

I've since attempted to apply patches from similar looking mobos' DSDTs, but I'm sure I'm not doing it optimally. I've got sleep & internet working w/ 10.6.8, but no sound so far.

I know you've probably got a lot on your plate w/ 10.6.8, so please don't feel obligated to mess with these.

Thanks a bunch for all of your hard work!

(haven't plugged in the rest of the RAM yet. Will I need to re-extract the DSDT after so doing?)

i7 2600k

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4

EVGA 9800x+ GTX

4 GB G-Skill 1033Hz

160GB Velociraptor

Edit: I don't know why I couldn't get the link to load from the Z68 Auto-Patcher update. Sorry for being a dufus. In any case, there's no Z68XP-UD4 in there so far as I can tell, so perhaps this will be useful. If this DSDT ain't extracted properly, I'll be happy to boot into Ubuntu and extract it shortly.

Yup, I just purchased this MOBO as well and there is no DSDT support in your patcher... The main difference between the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 and the Z68X-UD4 is that the "P" version has a built in HDMI for video output without a graphics card. It would be definitely nice to see this as an addition!

send me files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

Files below, also included a dump & compile from your Windows autopatcher. Thanks for your help, I found so few examples similar to my board I've made very little progress with manual patching.

send_me.zip

WIn7_DSDT.zip