ATI 6850

rschultz101

212 posts in this topic

I've created an installer package if anybody is interested. ATI Graphics Update Package

It should install all of the new ATI Kexts and set the relevant permissions. Assuming it works properly the install procedure should now be..

1 - Disable your GraphicsEnabler (or delete any injector used)

2 - Run the package

3 - Reboot

4 - Stare at your nice shiney new accelerated desktop

Your installer package has got my 6850 working but now Snow Leopard no longer regonises my hacks sound card. It seems to want to use the sound output from the graphics card (but it cant) and refuses to see anyother ports.

Guest ^Andy^
Your installer package has got my 6850 working but now Snow Leopard no longer regonises my hacks sound card. It seems to want to use the sound output from the graphics card (but it cant) and refuses to see anyother ports.

I take it you are using a custom dsdt with audio support? I use an HDAEnabler with a rolled back AppleHDA and have sound routed via my onboard alc892.

I take it you are using a custom dsdt with audio support? I use an HDAEnabler with a rolled back AppleHDA and have sound routed via my onboard alc892.

Could you please post those kexts. All I can find that works (well, did work) was the VoodooHDA.

I've created an installer package if anybody is interested. ATI Graphics Update Package

It should install all of the new ATI Kexts and set the relevant permissions. Assuming it works properly the install procedure should now be..

1 - Disable your GraphicsEnabler (or delete any injector used)

2 - Run the package

3 - Reboot

4 - Stare at your nice shiney new accelerated desktop

Some questions for you, Andy, if you don't mind:

- Will these kexts work with Chameleon RC4? I don't want to risk breaking anything right now by doing any updating here just yet. I'm on SL 10.6.6.

- Does your installer put the kexts in the /Extras folder, or the real kext folder? If it's the actual folder, does it overwrite anything?

thanks!

Guest ^Andy^
Some questions for you, Andy, if you don't mind:

- Will these kexts work with Chameleon RC4? I don't want to risk breaking anything right now by doing any updating here just yet. I'm on SL 10.6.6.

- Does your installer put the kexts in the /Extras folder, or the real kext folder? If it's the actual folder, does it overwrite anything?

thanks!

The installer shouldn't care which boot loader you use as long as you disable any graphics enabler or injector. The kexts are installed to System/Library/Extensions and will overwrite the existing ATI Kexts.

Could you please post those kexts. All I can find that works (well, did work) was the VoodooHDA.

All of the kexts for the al892 are included in the latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. There is also a newer kext on the tonymac site in testing that supports 5.1

Guest ^Andy^
Has anyone tried 10.6.7 yet?

Yes - it won't help.

There are 2 versions of the update one for the new 2011 mbp's which contains the new kexts and one for the older macs which doesn't.

I bougth a ATI 6850 today and worked with 10.6.7 nativly. I installed with the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.4 and change graphicenabler to no. Works perfekt.

yeah 10.6.7 finally seems to be the officially welcoming for the 68xx and 6970 (so they say) so things seem a little bit more brighter on the gpu end for us hackintoshers.

Yeah read about the 6970 device-id being in 10.6.7. My question is, has anyone tried a real 6970? (not a 6950 thats been flashed to 6970 with the device id being incorrect).

And if so, does it work?

Heck has anyone tried a 6950 and edited the plists and go it to work on 10.6.7?

Guest ^Andy^
Yeah read about the 6970 device-id being in 10.6.7. My question is, has anyone tried a real 6970? (not a 6950 thats been flashed to 6970 with the device id being incorrect).

And if so, does it work?

Heck has anyone tried a 6950 and edited the plists and go it to work on 10.6.7?

neither the 6950 or 6970 are working as yet (which is a bummer as I have one being delivered over the weekend).

Guest ^Andy^
I bougth a ATI 6850 today and worked with 10.6.7 nativly. I installed with the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.4 and change graphicenabler to no. Works perfekt.

I hate to be pedantic but it doesn't work natively with the version of 10.6.7 that you installed. It's only working because [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.4 has been updated to do what we here at InsanelyMac have been doing for the last week or so and now installs the new 10.6.7 early 2011 macbook pro ATI kexts :unsure:

I installed that package provided by ^Andy^ and it made my OS X 10.6 unbootable. When booting normally it stops at with a blue screen and when booting in safe mode it stops with a white screen and cursor. i can move the cursor, but nothing else. I now tried to install 10.7 but neither Chameleon RC5 nor [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] will start the setup

Guest ^Andy^
I installed that package provided by ^Andy^ and it made my OS X 10.6 unbootable. When booting normally it stops at with a blue screen and when booting in safe mode it stops with a white screen and cursor. i can move the cursor, but nothing else. I now tried to install 10.7 but neither Chameleon RC5 nor [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] will start the setup

How about some useful feedback such as graphics card used, motherboard, processor etc?

Guest ^Andy^
I've got:

Biostar TP43D2-A7 mainboard with P43+ICH10 chipset

Intel C2D E8400@3,6GHz

Sapphire Radeon HD6850

anything else?

You did disable GraphicsEnabler didn't you?

Now all works perfekt, only i get now sound throught hdmi. I have the native driver. Can someone help me, how i get hdmi audio working?

I think I have the same problem.

Just installed my new 6850, I have a P55-ud3l with alc892.

Sound preferences present, I see the input and output options, but no sound coming out from the speakers.

Before 6850 I had a 4850 with no hdmi out, after the change my soud stopped working.

Any solution for it?

Thanks,

Norbert

Guest ^Andy^
I tried booting with "GraphicsEnabler=No" and with "-x -v -s GraphicsEnabler=No"

Same results as before. It seems that in safemode I can even login, but thats useless with the whole screen covered by white

What were you using before? If you were using any kind of graphics injector you need to remove it. If your stuck at a blue screen either not all of the kexts are installed properly, you still have an injector knocking around thats messing with it or you have modified some of the kext files.

Before I was using no boot flags at all. I used the latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ISO from tonymacs as Chameleon v2 RC5 failed to boot SL. I got my Radeon to work using the kexts I extracted from an OS X Lion retail image, but I didn't have acceleration. So I installed you package to get that done and bam, no working boot anymore.

I didn't modify any kexts