Crossover Mac

23 posts in this topic

Well I can give you good news about Crossover Mac for you DVD Shrink fans...

It's a little buggy and you need to select the DVD drive as a folder... but it works!

I just ripped a dvd using it.

edit: ok it's super buggy at the moment. I just tested the ripped files and they are full of artifacts... so strike earlier comment.

Well I can give you good news about Crossover Mac for you DVD Shrink fans...

It's a little buggy and you need to select the DVD drive as a folder... but it works!

I just ripped a dvd using it.

edit: ok it's super buggy at the moment. I just tested the ripped files and they are full of artifacts... so strike earlier comment.

:whistle: I noticed that as well. For me it froze during the analysis, but you could see artifacts galore and plenty of green frames. But maybe Alpha 3 will work better. At least I hope so, cause this is the best DVD ripper/encoder out there, and it's free! Who knows, maybe they'll even get the nero plugin working...

Aye.. Transgaming is working on something. Sadly it will not be end user and will be licensed to Game Companies instead for porting. Disappointed me, as I've been a paying member of Transgaming since the very beginning.

am using crossover alpha 3 here. works a treat!

very very impressed. previously using parallels and also tried q. this makes those obsolete for me to run winslows stuff.

running office 2003 in crossover is so much quicker than running office 2004 mac through rosetta.

Playing with Alpha 3 of Crossover Mac now. Can't seem to get Quickbooks to run -- it finally installed okay (under Win98 bottle) but won't actually launch.

The good news -- so far -- is that I got steam installed and running, and it at least launches Half-Life (I haven't tried HL2 yet).

!!!!!!!

Can't get HL to run full screen yet, need to figure out how. It runs in a window, looks like 600x800.

So far:

Half-life will only run in a window, it doesnt detect any video driver so it's small and jerky and performance is generally lousy.

Installed Office 2003 -- Word, Excel, Powerpoint all launch and run MUCH FASTER than Office 2004 for Mac (which is running under Rosetta). Can't seem to get them to print though -- if I can get that going, I'll probably dispence with office mac entirely. Outlook isn't supported yet, hopefully will be soon.

• 1 month later...