Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

I have already sent a PM to him, expect answers, thanks

okay. Oh, I should mention that this built does not contain the patches you sent me... it is a "stock" built of the trunk.

Attached is my 3rd built of the slightly modified trunk v2517. I got every thing "in" from v2472 EXCEPT the changes made by ErMac in v2472's modules.c and modules.h.

These are the changes he made to get back the infos about loaded multiboot-modules from boot0 (as far as I understand it).

This seems to be the procedure that breaks the boot sequence somehow (at least in my case). boot (or better boot2) does not get the infos from boot0 or can not handle them correctly.

(For the records: I am currently using /boot0hfs from the attached built).

The rest, like booting and handling USB (stick or HDD) startup devices, is working without further patches like Zenith432 needed them.

Micky, let me know, if he can boot with this.

Chameleon-2.3svn-i386_v2517b.zip

Edited by wartomato
  • Like 2

(For the records: I am currently using /boot0hfs from the attached built).

Right now I am changing Enoch installer (ok, even for Chameleon) to install automatically the boo0hfs when needed + installation in ESP. Different scripts and method.
I'm done and compilation of the package is Ok, now it's time to test and hope that works :P ....

Micky, let me know, if he can boot with this.

Tested, is ok for me :)

• Like 1

Right now I am changing Enoch installer (ok, even for Chameleon) to install automatically the boo0hfs when needed + installation in ESP. Different scripts and method.
I'm done and compilation of the package is Ok, now it's time to test and hope that works :P ....

Tested, is ok for me :)

Glad to hear that.

Well, I used Enoch for some time (it got better options and modules and faster updates), but... my italian does not exist & (thank god) you guys sync with trunk... So all of us get updates and a (hopefully) better bootloader.

I used boot0md before boot0hfs and both were working flawlessly. I change to boot0hfs to check, if the boot error was caused by boot0md.

But for today: Never change a running system!

I investigate the changes in modues.c and .h further... and check the updated default theme that won't load ... damn it.

• Like 2

The KP is in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. You need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, or AICPMPatch.

Even if I still have not managed to start my OS X Yosemite :(

Here are the kp

The check-in to Enoch in r2472 is merged into trunk in r2482. If there's a crash there it's probably the code

if(gMI->mi_flags & MULTIBOOT_INFO_HAS_MODS)
	{
		if(gMI->mi_mods_count)
		{
		}
	}
in init_module_system() in modules.c.
  • Like 3

Thanks Zenith I was able to start with the null ... :thumbsup_anim: 

I'll try to repair the cache and maybe take it off !!!
Meanwhile, with the new bootloader chameleon me works both trackpad that audio !!!!

Sorry for my english da google traslator :hysterical:

• Like 1

Figurati @Micky1979 è stato un piacere fare da tester....soprattutto perché è stato fatto un bel passo in avanti!!!! Bravi ragazzi!!!!!

Riguardo l'AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement mi sa che devo provarne qualche altra versione perchè senza null non funziona!!

• Like 2

The KP is in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. You need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, or AICPMPatch.

The check-in to Enoch in r2472 is merged into trunk in r2482. If there's a crash there it's probably the code

{
		if(gMI->mi_mods_count)
		{
		}
	}

I've problem to run the new kernelpatcher module that "return" an error. I'm curious to see solved the code and try again, to see if it changes anything ..

You have developed a possible change? 

{
		if(gMI->mi_mods_count)
		{
		}
	}

Hi there,

good to see that at least one coder looks at the code  ;)

@smigol81: Yep, I think that Zenith432 is right. I am using the AICPMPatch, which patches one SSDT for booting,. I suggest you might read this:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/ 

@Micky1979: Just compiled ENOCH and trunk with just commenting out the function that Zenith432 mentions in modules.c. both compiled without errors, so ErMac should review his code and you can compile it for yourself and report, if this is working on your machine (or smigol81s).

What do you mean with "kernelpatcher error". An compile-error or during boot up (I do not use this module, because it is obsolete on my machine - No Extensions in /E/E).

@Zenith432: Thanks for looking. Well, as I said, I am not a programmer, just an user (...sounds like in TRON, hihi). Right now I am glad to get the system booting Chameleon.

Could someone send this issue to the svn repo? - I think I would not be able to explain the error to ErMac or the contributors  :)

I've problem to run the new kernelpatcher module that "return" an error. I'm curious to see solved the code and try again, to see if it changes anything ..

You have developed a possible change?

No, sorry.

Could someone send this issue to the svn repo? - I think I would not be able to explain the error to ErMac or the contributors  :)

Done, see issue 388.
  • Like 2

FYI: kslide is set to zero and after that never changed to a pseudo random value, meaning that Chameleon users are 'less secure' – Bareboot/Clover and the like are using boot.efi which takes care of this. Are there any plans to fix this?

No, but you can help Us doing this? :D

Done, see issue 388.

Enoch 2530 contain it! Thanks!!!

Can you try the Enoch 2530 Installer in the download section? I've made modification and the installer allow you to install the bootloader to the EFI partition :yes: , and you can install modules and modify your o.c.b.p inside it... or only do this w/o install the binaries of the boot loader.

Can you please test and report back?

I think that ErmaC will import all modification to the Trunk if all goes well.. 

Hi,

yep Bungos branch has some errors that I corrected before compiling... ;)

..but I want my Enoch or Chameleon back. :( These two worked for years now...

Bungos branch was a test to get nearer to the point of the version that broke my boot sequence.

EDIT:

Well, I reviewed the code changes of r2472 by ErMac and (for now) commented out most of his changes regarding boot2 and the multiboot behaviour.

I compiled against r2517 and VOILA, it is working again.

If I can find the time, I will review the code and check in detail what breaks boot2.

Perhaps someone else can review it too.

Oh, if someone wants to try?

Hi wartomato & Micky1979

Thanks for testing my branch. Would you mind sharing your fixes to my branch?

BTW. I've just commited new code into my branch.

Bungo I'm far from Home (I'm on vacation in Egypt (Sharm el Sheik), but no OSX inside the lappy I've here). ErmaC has committed these changes to Enoch 2530 in the svn, but not for the installer.

For the installer is better to wait someone that have made a test with it. But ErmaC can pass you all the material you need :) .

• Like 1

Hi wartomato & Micky1979

Thanks for testing my branch. Would you mind sharing your fixes to my branch?

BTW. I've just commited new code into my branch.

Hi,

no need to do it. If you sync with trunk this should be done. The errors occurred when "mixing" your branch with Chameleon trunk. So it comes up everytime I mix the branches :-). Had the same with Enoch.

It compiles okay, if it is "left by it's own". We figured the problem evolved from ErmaCs changes and not from yours (whichs generates a lot of output in the bdmesg.log...;-)  )

No, but you can help Us doing this? :D

Enoch 2530 contain it! Thanks!!!

Can you try the Enoch 2530 Installer in the download section? I've made modification and the installer allow you to install the bootloader to the EFI partition :yes: , and you can install modules and modify your o.c.b.p inside it... or only do this w/o install the binaries of the boot loader.

Can you please test and report back?

I think that ErmaC will import all modification to the Trunk if all goes well..

Hi Micky,

Yep. Already tried the installer. It is working on my machine so far.

Didn't have the time to "play around" with Enoch, because I am off the work again. I guess a vacation in Egypt is much better than this.

But I definitely will play around a bit  :w00t:

• Like 1

Bungo I'm far from Home (I'm on vacation in Egypt (Sharm el Sheik), but no OSX inside the lappy I've here). ErmaC has committed these changes to Enoch 2530 in the svn, but not for the installer.

For the installer is better to wait someone that have made a test with it. But ErmaC can pass you all the material you need :) .

Hi,

no need to do it. If you sync with trunk this should be done. The errors occurred when "mixing" your branch with Chameleon trunk. So it comes up everytime I mix the branches :-). Had the same with Enoch.

It compiles okay, if it is "left by it's own". We figured the problem evolved from ErMacs changes and not from yours (whichs generates a lot of output in the bdmesg.log...;-)  )

Ok, many thanks. Can you test my last commit (not fully synced with trunk but more bdmesg output)?

THX