AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

I just have one more question. I'm about to order my new parts. However, i saw this motherboard ASRock K10N78M-PRO, and I'm wondering, would this be compatible with Snow Leopard?

It has an onboard Geforce 8200. Will that work with QE/CI?

Anyone have any advice on this? Or what install I would use with this mobo?

Could you please post a link to where I can download the latest? Because when I try to google it, and access the page it seems to be on, I get a page loading error. (And i do have internet)

EDIT: Alright, I got on the site. now I'm wondering, is NAWCOM's mod cd 0.3.1.iso what I need to download? Or do I need nawcombootcd.iso?

Nacwom .0.3.1 is the latest as far as I know.

Hello,

I'm having problems booting into boot CD.

I have HP dm3 1130

AMD NEO X2 1.6Ghz L335 ( SSE 1, SSE2, SSE3, AMD-V)

AMD 780G chipset

AMD SB700 south bridge

I'm using LG external dvd drive to boot.

I tried

-v

cpus=1

platform=ACPI

platform=x86PC

-f

-x

nothing seems to work, it keeps going to panic.

It says driver for "ACPI" not found..

This is a picture, sorry for blurry quality.

http://i51.tinypic.com/deafqs.jpg

It's an issue with the dsdt on the boot disk, and your mobo. I'm only basing this on what I was told about my DFI mobo, but DFI mobos have odd acpi tables. You could be in the same situation as I am.

Nacwom .0.3.1 is the latest as far as I know.

It's an issue with the dsdt on the boot disk, and your mobo. I'm only basing this on what I was told about my DFI mobo, but DFI mobos have odd acpi tables. You could be in the same situation as I am.

So what're the chances for the nawcom CD to work with my previously posted setup? (8400 GS graphics card)

Alright, I used the nawcom boot cd to install Mac on my desktop and its working great (got resolution, QE/CI) etc. however, everytime I try to open programs like Firefox, iTunes, kexthelper, etc, and they automatically come up with the error: "Enter Program Name" quit unexpectedly.

Then it asks if I want to Reopen (which does nothing), Ignore, or Report.

Can anyone help me fix this?

AMD Sempron

NVIDIA 8400GS

EDIT EDIT: Ok nevermind. I read up on this issue from earlier in the thread and found a fix. As far as I can tell, I have a fully working install of Mac OSX now :DDD

Hello,

I fixed the root device error, using the flash-drive method, but now I'm stuck at a grey screen with the spinning beach-ball.

I also tried the nawcom boot cd, with it I come as far as the installation, but when the installation is running a few minutes I get a kernel panic (picture).

I hope someone can help me.

Again here my system:

AMD Phenom II X6 @ 3,5GHz

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H

Corsair 8GB RAM DDR3

Geforce GTX 460

1 SSD 120GB - OCZ (AHCI)

1 DVD-RW - SATA

Thanks in advance

flash.killer

panic during setup means problem on ata kext

try use sata drives and use achi mode

I don't think that this could be the problem as I do NOT use any IDE drives and I already use only sata drives in AHCI mode.

it would be better if I just write my settings:

Port 0: SSD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850) <-- Windows

Port 1: SSD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850) <-- Mac OS X

Port 2: HDD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850)

Port 3: HDD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850)

Port 4: HDD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850)

Port 7: DVDRW (IDE-mode) - (controlled by Gigabyte SATA2)

Maybe there is another explanation?

I don't think that this could be the problem as I do NOT use any IDE drives and I already use only sata drives in AHCI mode.

it would be better if I just write my settings:

Port 0: SSD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850) <-- Windows

Port 1: SSD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850) <-- Mac OS X

Port 2: HDD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850)

Port 3: HDD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850)

Port 4: HDD (AHCI) - (controlled by AMD SB850)

Port 7: DVDRW (IDE-mode) - (controlled by Gigabyte SATA2)

Maybe there is another explanation?

ide mode for dvd

use sata achi for dvd :)

OK, I got a little further. It installs without a problem, but I am not able to start the PC just shuts down. I am not able to provide a picture because as soon as the new text is written the computer shuts down.

Is there a command which stops the pc from shuting down, so I can mac a picture of the panic?

I am able to boot with the boot cd, what should I do to start without it?

well i tried this process and i got almost everything working with 10.6.6. but i need to boot it is safe mode -x because of my graphics driver, i got a weird black and white destorted screen if i dont boot up in safe mode . my video card is

asus eah4350

OK, I noticed that I must have done something wrong and followed your guide once more and came up until the point of installing the update 10.6.5.

But after the restart I cannot use either mouse nor keyboard. Also it does not recognize my USB-drive which means that the update must have some disabled the USB kext. I also read something like he is not able to load the kext "com.apple...family...USB" and something like "link failed".

Is there a way to solve this problem, maybe using another mac to access the 10.6 partition and adding a kext?

Hi, thank you for the guide but some part I do not understand or confusing. I have HP Pavilion Slimline s5100z:

System:

M2N68-LA (Narra5) motherboard

AMD Athlon X2 (B ) (AM2+)

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Audio CODEC: ALC888S

Realtek RTL8201N

I already had Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail DVD. I would like to use the "second way" on installing to 8Gb usb. I know how to restore to usb. The part I don't understand is after the restore to usb of which kext I need to install Snow Leopard. I download your tool named "OSX86.zip". Is this what I should do:

1. Install Chameleon 2.0 RC4.pkg to usb

2. Place Extensions folder inside Extra folder (AppleATIATA.kext,AppleATIPATA.kext, & FakeSMC.kext - these are inside your Extensions folder i downloaded)

-- also do i need these kexts, PlatformUUID.kext, Openhaltrestart.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext inside Extensions folder?

3. Place com.apple.boot.plist inside Extra folder

4. delete existence mach_kernel and replace with ADM legacy_kernel-10.3.0.pkg (i'm not sure if your mach_kernel is for 10.6.3).

5. done and this should boot with usb and install Snow Leopard 10.6.3

for kext drivers, i can google so it's no problem on that part.

Thanks advance for correcting if i'm going the wrong direction

hello, i have install snow leopard 10.6.6 following the mohamed guide, i have install anval 5.1.4 boot, but i have some problem, seems that the system block every some second, and the perfomance it's low due this block, some application crash, like safari, or the developer documentation of xcode crash...anyone can help me?

in the boot.plist i write this:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PatchKernel</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386 busratio=4 -force64</string>

anyone can help me?

in other i can't hear audio, because i try all kext but the only kext works it's vodoohda but the sound i heard it's very very distort, and when i see a video the video block every some second too...any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i made many attempts to install MAc osx, and paused a long while.

But this Guide seems to be working :)

So, i installed before with leohazards dvd (i have an AMD and a Radeon HD 5870 GFX card) and it worked, except sound (maybe it will work now) and graphics.

So, i still got 3 questions.

4-now we prepare to boot from HDD follow that

*setup latest bootloader from here

*or you can install bootloader manually

we will use AnVAL5.0.5 folder on aftersetup tools

So, what?? Should i install the cameleon and also the ANVAL, or only AnVAL? i think the second one or?

*put you other kexts on system/library/extensions

* open terminal again and type

pfix

*type password and then type number of mac partion then enter and wait till finish

Can i just put my Network Driver kexts and others in and then pfix does the same than the kext utility?

The Second,

please dont use 1.6 bootcd unless you have ATI card HD4xxx HD5xxx

You say, but i have a ATI HD 5870 so should i use 1.5 or 1.6?

And the last one, in hazards leopard i needed to patch some things with marvins amd patcher (or whatever it is named)

to get the Soundcontrol and some other things fixed.

Do i need to do this there too?

Thanks for answering and reading my post.