AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

wait did you use Asus core unlocker? Disable it.

It was disabled all the time. :s

Dunno what else I can do, I even disabled my GPU booster, 2nd PCI-E slot, nothing seems to work. :)

€dit, I managed to install Mac OSX now with disableing all CPU features.

Anyway, when I try to boot it with the BootCD it comes something like "CPU Health ok" and the PC shuts down.

I'm not able to make a photo of it because it's gone so fast!

Any solutions? =)

hehe, So you've restored it on to an hard drive? or burn't it on a CD? Have you got a spare USB Stick (8GB+) or external hard drive laying around, I'd like you to follow these instructions.

Required Files:

myHack 1.1.4: http://www.mediafire.com/?gk941po72op3ex9

Boot CD 1.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?a43a9rw422x20sp

Follow it exactly, one false move and it could ruin your installation drive, just make sure you don't replace the whole i386 folder, when you're replacing the cdboot file from the BOOTCD.iso/folder (extracted), you will delete the other required files!

> Download BootCD 1.5

> Restore your Snow Leopard CD (Retail) to USB Stick (8 GB+)/External Harddrive

> Once completed, run myHack 1.1.4 over the installation drive (USB Stick (8 GB+)/External Harddrive)

> Takes 5-10 minutes to complete - Once completed, move to next step

> Mount/Extract the ISO of BootCD

> Open up your installation drive (USB Stick (8 GB+)/External Harddrive) ROOT

> Open up Extra folder

> Delete all contents inside

> Open up BootCD ISO/Folder (extracted), and open Extra, copy all contents and paste into the

Installation Harddrive Extra (the one we deleted all the files)

> Open up your installation drive (USB Stick (8 GB+)/External Harddrive) ROOT

> Open up usr/standalone/i386 (Don't delete anything) (Keep window open)

> Open up your BootCD ISO/Folder

> Open up usr/standalone/i386 (Keep window open)

> Drag the cdboot file from BOOTCD ISO/FOLDER TO installation drive usr/standalone/i386 (REPLACE file, if it pops up)

DONE! - Reboot from USB Flash drive/External Harddrive, and installation should run!

If it works, GRATZ! I need to give you another set of instructions to make it work for your installed OS, this is basically doing the same thing with BOOTCD 1.6, but with your installed OS drive. Don't do it though, follow the after setup tutorial on the first post of this thread, and if that doesn't work, then repost here! :) , and I'll help.

do you think you could write down a quick explanation of what myHack does?

I'll give your method a try later tonight. Thanks!

do you think you could write down a quick explanation of what myHack does?

I'll give your method a try later tonight. Thanks!

It' basically installs a bootloader, but I've used it to generate a boot file, which makes the USB bootable (since just using the bootCD on a USB, doesn't make it bootable, you need a boot file that is generated when you burn it on a CD. You should follow the guide and burn the CD to a disc, but if you can't follow my instructions.

Once the boot file is generated, I've replaced the Extra folder and the cdboot to reflect BootCD.

The best way is the install myHack to another empty USB, and restore the dmg on the hard drive, and then use the USB to boot, and load your hard drive via the bootloader

It just works for me, I'm currently helping Johnny, so we shall report on his installation soon. That's why he's been posting images here, and it's out of a sudden :), we are going to crack this.

If you have a CD drive, just burn the disc to a CD. It's so much easier.

I took a chance at installing this on my AMD PC.

My specs:

ASUS M4N68T-M V2 Geforce 7025/nForce 630a

XFX ATI Radeon HD5770 Single Slot

Creative X-FI Titanium HD

Seagate 500GB SATA HD

Firewire Card

Broadcom Wireless PCI card

Now, I know SL is supposed to install with AHCI mode. However, this ASUS does not have AHCI as an option. But, Hazard's distro installed correctly, mind you without QE/CI, and it looked like {censored}, and ran like {censored} too.

But, whenever I attempt to install a retail DVD, I get still waiting for root device. I have tried multiple boot cd's, with general tags -v -x -f, and even rd=disk#s#. All failed to bring me too far past the Still waiting portion of the disk.

My first thought was a bad disk, but upon booting successfully with Tony's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on my INTEL laptop, and installing successfully, I'm knocked back to square one.

Why would this {censored} distro install so much easier than retail that hangs up? even without AHCI support?

I took a chance at installing this on my AMD PC.

My specs:

ASUS M4N68T-M V2 Geforce 7025/nForce 630a

XFX ATI Radeon HD5770 Single Slot

Creative X-FI Titanium HD

Seagate 500GB SATA HD

Firewire Card

Broadcom Wireless PCI card

Now, I know SL is supposed to install with AHCI mode. However, this ASUS does not have AHCI as an option. But, Hazard's distro installed correctly, mind you without QE/CI, and it looked like {censored}, and ran like {censored} too.

But, whenever I attempt to install a retail DVD, I get still waiting for root device. I have tried multiple boot cd's, with general tags -v -x -f, and even rd=disk#s#. All failed to bring me too far past the Still waiting portion of the disk.

My first thought was a bad disk, but upon booting successfully with Tony's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on my INTEL laptop, and installing successfully, I'm knocked back to square one.

Why would this {censored} distro install so much easier than retail that hangs up? even without AHCI support?

I don't have AHCI support either, but I've installed fine. Instead of using the bootCD, I installed it on an External Hard drive via, Virtual Machine. (OSInstall.mkpg), Then I booted up in my Snow Leopard on External Hard drive, formatted my main internal hard drive to GUID, and used OSinstall.mkpg, to install to my internal hard drive. I haven't even had to touch the bootCD's/Retail disc as much, as I've got the BootCD 1.5 on one memory stick, and an edited version of BootCD 1.6, which graphics QE/CI support on another memory stick to swap when updating to my 10.6.7, and restarting with installed graphics kext.

Waiting for root device is strange, do you mind posting a screenshot of the log? Maybe it's related to something else.

Hi, Im pretty new at this and I was trying to get this running on VMware just to test it out before I run it on pc. However, I have encountered an error after I insert my Mac OS X CD in and press enter (I have attacked an image printscreen of the error.

I am currently running on a Asus M4A88t-V Evo/USB3 with the cpu as AMD II Phenom X4 B55.

Thanks

post-769262-1301571457_thumb.png

Hi, Im pretty new at this and I was trying to get this running on VMware just to test it out before I run it on pc. However, I have encountered an error after I insert my Mac OS X CD in and press enter (I have attacked an image printscreen of the error.

I am currently running on a Asus M4A88t-V Evo/USB3 with the cpu as AMD II Phenom X4 B55.

Thanks

This guide isn't usable on virtual machines, I'd suggest you google a VMWare Guide. ^^

Devout, thanks for your help but it wont help downloading a new DL DVD.

My problem is strange and I'm not even sure if there's a solution for it.

My Problem

I've used 10.6.2 aswell, same situation..

Your BIO is configured correctly? Did you boot your usb stick/installation media to the top of the priority list? Cassey had a problem, where it just turned off after he pressed enter on the installation drive, If I remembered he had to fix it, by configuring his hard drives, after I instructed him to reset his BIOS.

Did you use Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail on a disc, and have the BootCD on a memory stick?

Bios is correct, also resetted.

BootCD is on a CD, it's the same as a USB stick.

Also I was able to install, I'm not too stupid to set the prioties..

It's just like your 80 and I tell you 10 times what my problem is and you still ask for informations I already gave you.

10.6.3 not used, I used 10.6.0 and 10.6.2

Bios is correct, also resetted.

BootCD is on a CD, it's the same as a USB stick.

Also I was able to install, I'm not too stupid to set the prioties..

It's just like your 80 and I tell you 10 times what my problem is and you still ask for informations I already gave you.

10.6.3 not used, I used 10.6.0 and 10.6.2

Fine, that's the last time I'm helping you. I don't have to be here to listen to you whine about me, I'm here because I wanted to help. I've never told you to reset your BIOs, I've told you to get the 10.6.3 retail disc, and try with that since the guide has been written that way, I don't care if you use 10.6, 10.6.2. It seems you've become a little whiney baby, because you can't fix the problem yourself, it's pretty reluctant, that I've managed to get it to work. No one else has tried to help you, so I'll just take my exit with you, and not bother at all.

You call "try SL 10.6.3" help?

Awesome.

In all questions I had you didnt focused on my problem, you ignored that and now I'm the whiner because you are to stupid to read my posts/ threads.

Doing it alone/ with better help took me atleast to a successful installation...

I don't have AHCI support either, but I've installed fine. Instead of using the bootCD, I installed it on an External Hard drive via, Virtual Machine. (OSInstall.mkpg), Then I booted up in my Snow Leopard on External Hard drive, formatted my main internal hard drive to GUID, and used OSinstall.mkpg, to install to my internal hard drive. I haven't even had to touch the bootCD's/Retail disc as much, as I've got the BootCD 1.5 on one memory stick, and an edited version of BootCD 1.6, which graphics QE/CI support on another memory stick to swap when updating to my 10.6.7, and restarting with installed graphics kext.

Waiting for root device is strange, do you mind posting a screenshot of the log? Maybe it's related to something else.

0401111959.jpgthere's a pic i took of the error, its right after it finds my firewrire card, and the distro loaded the dsmos after, retail did not

if you don't have AHCI support, then read this:

If you have an IDE drive or your laptop contains IDE drive then Install AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext by Netkas to make your ATA/IDE work in Snow Leopard. This kext is useful for ICH6/7/8/9/10 with ahci disabled and for lappies too. This kext also helps IOATAFamily related error causing Kernel Panic.

Just download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], and choose DSDT and deselect anything, this should install Chameleon by default.

I tried that but it does not boot. Are you sure that [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is compatible with AMD? Is that recent?

Thank you so much for your tutorial. After three installs (me being a complete tit) I have 10.6.7 (with Darwin 10.7 kernel). It is thanks to people like you that the world has its best moments. My method was a little different as I used nawcomModCD.

Steps:

1. Boot from nawcomModCD (031111-171757)

2. Use modbin_kernel to install

3. Once it has restarted (which is automatic) copy across 10.6.7 combo update, legacy_kernel (10.7) and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (v3.4)

4. Now open the combo update, legacy kernel and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but do NOT run.

5.Run Combo update do NOT restart

6. Run Legacy Kernel

7. Run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and pick options correct for you

8. Restart

Just got to get Xcode to install now and I'll be happier than Santa on coke getting laid at Disneyland

I think I figured out my problem! Finder on my Hackintosh is having issues. I am unable to search. Also in terminal, it was unable to recognize any files or directories. This made it so that when I tried to do the part of the guide where you drag AnVAL5.0.5 to terminal it couldn't find the "file/directory". I did not realize this before. Does anybody know why finder may not be working right. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I should not have installed the update that the computer prompted me to install as I am now running 10.6.8. Would that have anything to do with it?