Chameleon RC5 mode with mem detection enabled and automatic P-States & C-States generation for native power managment

kozlek

1,214 posts in this topic

thanks The Real Deal for your prompt help! I see you are already booting rev. 734 of another mod.

@ bmas: if you install Grub4DOS as your main boot-loader (from Hiren's Boot CD/ Mini XP/ Menu/ Partition & MBR/ BootICE: PBR method to a FAT32 boot partition), you can simply add as many entries to chameleon boot files into G4D's menu.lst on your dedicated FAT32 boot partition as you want, so you can test any new chameleon boot without any risk, like this:

title Mac OS x86 via AnVal 5.1.4 2011-01-21
   kernel /AnVal_2011-01-21_5.1.4.boot

title Mac OS x86 via Chameleon2_RC5_r699_t699_2011-01-08
   kernel /Chameleon2_RC5_r699_t699_2011-01-08.boot

Also always have a 2nd bootable OS X partition as a backup. Once a new boot file boots via G4D, also add it to / of the OS X partition, overwriting the existing one, so that boot gets used 100% (via G4D and on /). That way you can test yourself without any risk, because what is written on some page or readme does not always match your specific hack's reality ..

@BugsB Thanks for the response. Every bootloader that I`ve been tested, have a Release notes .. I didn`t worked with Grub4Dos yet, and I don`t know how to use it properly .. I`ve got EFI partition with Chameleon r700 on it .. and ask for the release notes of this r740, because I want to know what I`m installing ..

Aslo I didn`t find any manual and "How to" about Grub4Dos..

I have been around since Maxxus, the founder of our religion .. :D - esp. ever since Chameleon/ PC-EFI, Grub4DOS (or Grub2 if you know how to handle it) is THE way to go for h'tosh, for reasons explained above. I edited above posting, it's much clearer and easier to accomplish now.

I have been around since Maxxus, the founder of our religion .. :) - esp. ever since Chameleon/ PC-EFI, Grub4DOS (or Grub2 if you know how to handle it) is THE way to go for h'tosh, for reasons explained above. I edited above posting, it's much clearer and easier to accomplish now.

I can remeber that time, when there was no installer available, only raw partition dump made using linux 'dd' command .... I think it was named Big Cat or sth like ths :) Marvellous times, transition kit, ppf's, Maxxus patches...

--

regards

fingerr

Hi there,

It's been a long time I haven't been in touch with hacks and now I got new notebook, and tried to make things work, but after few days I'm lost, too many kinds of bootloaders, too many options ... realy hard to handle this huge piece of news.

Maybe someone can help me to get it working right and share knowledge what and how to use.

Right now I have Asus U30JC with i5-560M, 4GB of ram and nvidia optimus card (310m/intel gma hd). So far I've managed to get lan and wifi to work. I also know till now there is no method to get such nvidia optimus work either 310m or GMA HD with QE/CI and native resolution (some guys from linux world have managed to switch off nvidia card to save some battery life but still no way to get 310 working not mention about switching GPU's like under Win7).

I'm now trying to get Powermanagement to work. Lastly I've used VooDooPower from Superhai's (kudos for his job) but now it's causing KP's and seems he left hack world.

I was trying to compile my dsdt (even unmodified) but it gives me lots of errors and none of tools I've found seems to fix this.

Loading vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement causes KP.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to get speedstep without modyfying DSDT/SSDT and point me some to some guides where to start to get it working?

I've attached ACPI table dumps from everest, maybe some one can have a look at it and help me, please.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

fingerr.

Hi again,

finally I got this working. Not much tested but AppleIntelCPUPM is loaded. Looks like GraphicsEnabler in com.apple.Boot set to Yes for nvidia optimus caused this mess.

One more thing, is there any other app than MSR Tools to check if speed step is working? In my case MSR Tools hangs after launch and I have to do hard power off (system stop reposnding).

Thanks for the link, I'll try ASAP.

One more thing, does anyone have values from real MacBookPro6,2 Core i5-540M 2.53GHz 15" which I could use in smbios.plist:

- SMbiosversion,

- SMboardmanufacturer,

- SMbiosvendor,

- SMboardproduct,

- SMfamily,

- SMmanufacturer,

- SMserial,

- SMsystemversion.

- FakeSMC REV value that maches this SMC model

PM me please if anyone does have it.

Or maybe anyone have already tried that and tell if after adding MacBookPro6,2 to smbios.plist vanilla AppleCPUPowermanagement is still working?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

fingerr.

@all

hello happy good year

many times i asking you to take a look at some vaio info for the strange vaio problem

but now one user find something:

he find how to enable his internal screen but what works in his computer doesn t work perfect for all user now

i ask you because you are develloping chameleon and so you can add option or fix to your version

it seems the vaio problem was due to a non needed display driver and as i see in many osx installer : nvkush nv33 nv42 etc there no option to uninstall this part of device so could explain why display unload at graphics loaded

actually the user who had the display working use chameleon 700 because a certain kind of graphic enabler

so if you can investigate for help vaio user community

i give you the link where user"navid n"find issue

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8556&st=460

thanks for your help

I'm having a little problem with the Chameleon and GA-X58A-UD3R because the system is showing the memory with a frequency of 1066, and the frequency it is at 1600Mhz. I'm using Chameleon v747, and another earlier version did the same thing. On windows, the frequency of memory is correct, but not the Mac. What could this be?

post-637410-1298134060_thumb.png

I'm having a little problem with the Chameleon and GA-X58A-UD3R because the system is showing the memory with a frequency of 1066, and the frequency it is at 1600Mhz. I'm using Chameleon v747, and another earlier version did the same thing. On windows, the frequency of memory is correct, but not the Mac. What could this be?

add in smbios

SMmemspeed=1600

Would it be ok to ask if on occasion that a link to someone who could kindly create a binary from the sources?

I am not saying on every source but possibly on some of them?

I have seen some of them released and unfortunately the PC I had all the stuff on is gone.

Would it be ok to ask if on occasion that a link to someone who could kindly create a binary from the sources?

I am not saying on every source but possibly on some of them?

I have seen some of them released and unfortunately the PC I had all the stuff on is gone.

If I understood you correctly, I believe that the Experimental .dmg from the Chameleon 2 RC5 Unofficial Package Installer, Unofficial Package Installer based on latest RC5 trunk. thread contain the binaries corresponding to their respective revisions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I`m noob and would like to ask for your help with getting native speedstep to work.

I have 10.6.6, GA-965-S3, C2D E6300 B2, Ati X1950Pro, chameleon RC5 r681, booting in 32bit. My system is running with dsdt, everything works.

Then checked these commands, but I don`t know what to get from them :unsure:

"PerformanceStateArray" = (<7c0b0000000000000a0000000a0000002807000001000000>,<d8090000000000000a0000000a0000002806000002000000>)

CSTInfo" = 19136773

kextstat | grep LPC
  72    0 0x552b8000 0x3000     0x2000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.4.12) <14 5 4 3>

My smbios and boot plist:

post-476231-1299437832_thumb.png

post-476231-1299437840_thumb.png

Could it be the smbios set to MacPro 2.1?

Also, if I run voodoomonitor with the kext, it show correct Psates and status, however with strange temps (like 50°C), so it looks like speedstep works. But if I run PstateChanger, it crashes. And MSRTools says Speedstep: Off and shows max freq all the time.

I use FakeSMC with plugins IntelThermal and iStat reads cpu around 30°C.

So this is not ok, is it?

Thank you!

I have set smbios to MacPro 3,1 and it seems to work! MSRTools is showing correct speedstep, CPU-I too. PStateChanger still crashes, don`t know why. Why smbios product name make speedstep work?

Because the OS is prepared to each kind of cpu and chipset based on the model.

If you use MP31 it will want the chipset correlatives of the Xeon 5xxx plus the intel 5400 chipset (the most close would be core 2 and p35/45), if you use MP41/51 it will want the correlative to intel 5520 chipset, what would be likely the X58 plus the i7 9xx (triple channel ddr) - in other words, Tylersburg arch.

As so the power management profile is loaded based on the nearest CPU to the original Xeon and it's chipset.

As your signature shows a core 2 duo, you are in the i5400 scope if you want to emulate a workstation (MacPro) system.

The new power management found in the newest versions of chameleon is very interesting, but first take notice if your cpu arch is or not supported by the OS itself (in your case it is) as the real SSDTs are dynamic and not present inside the ACPI module of your firmware but loaded from it accordingly to your pre-boot options (such as OC, FSB, etc) and the detection of the system itself (used in Apple Systems as OSDW method, changing only of name to other systems).

• 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to get c-states working. It is enabled in BIOS and I get the "c-states created successfully" message on boot but if I remove CPUPM disabler I get a KP. P-states seem to be generated correctly (see PerformanceStateArray)

post-195924-1301379507_thumb.png

Q6600/GA-P35-DS3R/BIOS F13

Any ideas?