NVIDIA RELEASES 19.5.8f03 for 285 (and lower) on 10.6.4

82 posts in this topic

Ok. Than you never added gpu powermanagement for your Mac Type ID (MacMini3.1). Same for me iMac5,1 , i use, hasnt any AGPM active.

MacMini didnt have in real such an gpu so, AGPM is not active :) Thats OK for Apple Machines.

To getting AGPM working , better visit other thread, too offtpic that driver thread.

In short: You need 2 injectors (like AHCIPort) which are prepared for your gpu dev-id and Mac Type ID and put them into the /Extra/Extensions + .mkext.

One config is much more easy , only one key (iMac5,1) > yours, And one gpu deviceID(0191) > yours.

The other . plist is much bigger and has lots of iMac5,1 entries to change to yours ! Dont miss one to edit, otherwise no effect.

Attached both , change my used iMac5,1 into yours (all occurences !) and gpu deviceid 0191 (only once) into yours

Thanks mitchde for the kind reply but t seems GPU PM is not working for me.. i made the kext work and loaded with no error on my machine but my GPU is still running at full (vanilla kext or not) :(

not sure what i am missing!

post-563478-1277989561_thumb.png

sorry for the OT.. maybe someone can point me where is the thread about GPU PM..

NVIDIA Driver Installer 19.5.8f03 with hardware check removed:

e006k3.jpg

http://filebeam.com/ffd7a1f0b80638f13c28a5a3236b7a81

was going to upload this for people a while ago but spaced it.

Alternatively you can (and what I did originally) view contents of the original package and install each package (theres 3 of them) individually since the hardware check is only on the parent installer but you will need to repair permissions after.

Thx Mate !

Whats your GPU device ID ? You may attatch your two .kext also, so i can take a look.

Also an must (check with kextstat ) : AppleLPC and AppleHWSensor (both orig. Apple kext) must loaded (shown in kextstat output list).

I installed this, first reboot KP second reboot it worked... I have a GT220 1GB

Not sure on whether there is a performance boost or not, not sure how to test it as I didn't test anything before updatint to tell a difference :)

Beside my lost of the gpu powermanagement i have no better performance . I think that driverset F3 is really only usefull for GTX 285 (speed ?) and to get Fermi 4xx working.

So i would only try that on GTX 2xx or Fermi cards. (not for 8xxx, 7xxx, 9xxx cards, because no more speed, maybe problems).

Whats your GPU device ID ? You may attatch your two .kext also, so i can take a look.

Also an must (check with kextstat ) : AppleLPC and AppleHWSensor (both orig. Apple kext) must loaded (shown in kextstat output list).

GPU device ID is 0x0615.. the kext i used are the ones you uploaded but i changed 0191 (yours) to 0615 (mine).. i also change all iMac5,1 to Macmini3,1 (tested iMac9,1 too but same)

2_LegacyKext.zip

AppleLPC ((ICH10) LPC Interface Controller [8086:3a18]) works out of the box on mine and AppleHWSensor..

post-563478-1278347291_thumb.png

anymore ideas? not sure if i'm doing something wrong?

Hey all I have the drivers installed and am using a Palit GT240 512MB Nvidia card. What I dont see in the about this mac info, see pics (left DVI to HDMI in) (right HDMI to HDMI in), is that it is a recognized chipset or vendor?. Also HDMI out to my Samsung Television just gives me a blue screen?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the about this mac stuff straight or doesnt it really matter? Is it just cosmetic? Also the blue screen I get when I connect HDMI out to HDMI in on my Tele?

EDIT, HDMI works after leaving DVI adaptor in and then plugging HDMI into HDMI port on video card. Removed DVI adaptor and rebooted the PC starts up with no problems, cant really tell if there is a performance improvement though. Must say the picture looks/feels crisper in any case.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Stopped working had to revert back to 7600GT. Lost nearly all resolution options, does anyone have any tips for installing the above mentioned card? :wacko:

Thanks in advance for any replies I may receive, cheers Plucka ;)

post-91840-1278679778_thumb.png

post-91840-1278681532_thumb.png

installed it on my Hack, no problems and no real speed improvement either, 9800GT

I've installed.. How to know if it is using this drivers/kext? I tried to use nvclock. it gives me this:

-- General info --

Card: G92 [GeForce 9800 GT]

Architecture: G92 A2

PCI id: 0x0614

Subvendor id: 0x1acc

GPU clock: 601.712 MHz

Bustype: PCI-Express

-- Shader info --

Clock: 1512.000 MHz

Stream units: 112 (11110111b)

ROP units: 16 (1111b)

-- Memory info --

Amount: 1024 MB

Type: 256 bit DDR3

Clock: 899.996 MHz

-- PCI-Express info --

Current Rate: 16X

Maximum rate: 16X

-- Sensor info --

Sensor: G84 GPU Internal Sensor

GPU temperature: 46C

-- VideoBios information --

Version: 62.92.56.00.3d

Signon message: POINT OF VIEW GRAPHICS GF9800GT

Performance level 0: gpu 600MHz/shader 1500MHz/memory 900MHz/0.00V/100%

VID mask: 3

Voltage level 0: 0.95V, VID: 0

Voltage level 1: 1.00V, VID: 1

Voltage level 2: 1.05V, VID: 2

Voltage level 3: 1.10V, VID: 3

my question is.. does this nvidia card regulate the voltage automatically? speed (mhz) are always the same? thanks

is this a good result after installing this drivers on a 9800gt (1gb ddr3)

Results 199.61

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.6.4 (10F569)

Physical RAM 4096 MB

Model MacPro3,1

Drive Type MAXTOR STM3250310AS

Quartz Graphics Test 213.10

Line 158.25 10.54 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 213.54 63.75 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 183.18 14.93 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 192.10 4.85 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 556.49 34.81 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 152.60

Spinning Squares 152.60 193.59 frames/sec

User Interface Test 264.32

Elements 264.32 1.21 Krefresh/sec

I have a q8200, 4gb ddr2, 9800gt with 1gb gddr3 256bit..

Hey all I have the drivers installed and am using a Palit GT240 512MB Nvidia card. What I dont see in the about this mac info, see pics (left DVI to HDMI in) (right HDMI to HDMI in), is that it is a recognized chipset or vendor?. Also HDMI out to my Samsung Television just gives me a blue screen?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the about this mac stuff straight or doesnt it really matter? Is it just cosmetic? Also the blue screen I get when I connect HDMI out to HDMI in on my Tele?

EDIT, HDMI works after leaving DVI adaptor in and then plugging HDMI into HDMI port on video card. Removed DVI adaptor and rebooted the PC starts up with no problems, cant really tell if there is a performance improvement though. Must say the picture looks/feels crisper in any case.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Stopped working had to revert back to 7600GT. Lost nearly all resolution options, does anyone have any tips for installing the above mentioned card?

Thanks in advance for any replies I may receive, cheers Plucka

Attached thumbnail(s)

post-91840-1278860475_thumb.png

post-91840-1278860482_thumb.png

Working for my 7300 GS

extracted with Pacifist , copied to my S/E/E on test partition.

Bootet into test partition - No QE/CI first time

Run pfix

rebootet and yeah - works just fine

Have Vanilla SL 10.6.4

regards

Weird,

Didn't work on my 7300GS........... did you do anything else?

• 3 weeks later...

working on my Geforce Go 7600 with res change + QE/CI via NVEnabler (the one for 64 which also works fine in 32). Thanks NVidia, xtremegamer, xforce, and all who wanna be mentioned .. :)

I applied this update because, since 10.6.0 or 1 (don't remember), I have been suffering from annoying "jerks" in the graphics, and every once in a while a complete screen distortion for which to clear up I would have to put the monitor to sleep via Exposé and rewake it via kb or tp.

So I need to see in the following days now if this driver finally makes graphics as pleasant in X as in Win & Ubuntu here.

If so I would be very happy. Then there would only be sound left on this HackBook to straighten out 100%, yippie :D

Besides pacifist, there are two ways to modify the installer to work without checking if you have a 285 (the drivers are universal). I used the second way to install on my GTS 250.

Thanks, you're a legend. I used #1

Tried to install this driver but had no luck with my GeForce 9800M GTS. I spend whole day reading forum and trying almost all up to day solutions, but had no success in running hardware accelerated OpenGL :) In fact it worked tomorrow, but after update to 1.6.4 i had kernel panic because of VooDooHDA and in process of it's fix i broke video driver. I run iATKOS S3 v2, picked up EFI Strings for DVI/DVI and NVEnabler before installation. Maybe i should reinstall Mac OS with other options?