[Guide] HP DV8, DV7, DV6, & DV5, 10.6.4 Easy, Comprehensive Installation

Mammoth

v2.00 Installation, Update, and Mammoth Installation media  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is v2.00 something you are interested in and would use?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which are you most interested in?

• v2.00 Installation Guides
    • v2.00 Post-installation Update Guide

1,266 posts in this topic

I thought "Hibernate" is considered deep sleep. It is a bit confusing though. I suggest you to specify what was the value you set for hibernatemode (3, 7, etc). It will be much easier. As for the audio issue after waking from sleep, you will need to check the _WAK (wake) & _PTS (prepare to sleep) control method in DSDT. See if there is an entry for turning ON (_WAK) & OFF (_PTS) the audio device. To know which IF statement you need to look, look at the Arg0 variable. For example, Arg0=0x03 means it is in transition FROM (_WAK) or TO (_PTS) sleep mode.

Not exactly. There two possibilities for hibernate. One is the hibernate only mode, which puts machine into hibernate mode and saves everything to hard drive once sleep mode is activated. (Hibernate mode 1)

The second one is that you put machine into sleep and it again saves everything to hard drive but this time, it doesn't hibernate directly. While your machine is in sleep, if the battery goes out then you can resume from hibernate when you turn on the computer. This is safe sleep, also known as deep sleep. My problem is in here. (Hibernate Mode 3)

Another sleep mode is "fast sleep. It saves everything to the ram and resumes very quickly. (2 secs) For me audio doesn't work after waking up from this mode. (Hibernate Mode 0)

I'll copy some information from our HDX topic on this subject.

"I was not aware of it, but by default when your Mac goes to sleep mode (you close the lid of the laptop, or power saving kicks in, etc.) it does in fact save a hibernate file (/var/vm/sleepimage) first, and then goes to standy mode (thus the computer is on, it just stops running all programs and puts itself into a low powered mode).

This means that there is no separate stand by / sleep / hibernate modes as in e.g. Windows but just one: sleep. Also with this method when the battery runs out or the power is lost - when you restart the computer it will find the hibernate file and restarts with all your programs running as it was left. Is not this cool?

Of course some of you might want to save on the battery - so they should always just go to hibernate mode and leave the low power stand by mode out. You can do that only from the command line - Terminal application as it should not be changed by average users. These are the commands:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1 (it affects all modes: battery and ups and ac)

sudo pmset -b hibernatemode 1 (only battery mode affected)

to reset enter 3 instead of 1. It will ask for your password. And there’s no need to restart.

If you do have secure virtual memory enabled (by default it is not) use 5 instead of 1. That’s all as far as I am aware.

Again. I think this surpasses windows xp or vista’s operation where you are presented with lots of options. On the Mac it just works. And just please tell me about it. I was a power windows user for too long. Enough is enough."

In Terminal/iTerm/etc run the following command to determine your current sleep mode:

pmset -g | grep hibernate

This should return one of the following:

0 – Legacy sleep mode. It will save everything to RAM upon sleeping but does not support “Safe Sleep”. Very fast sleep.

1 – Legacy “Safe Sleep”. This is the “Safe Sleep”. Everything your laptop goes into sleep, it will save everything to harddisk. Slow on Sleep and Startup.

3 – Default. As described above, when sleeping, contents are saved to RAM. When battery runs out, hibernate occurs.

5 – Behaves as 1 but applicable only for modern Mac that uses “Secure virtual memory”.

7 – Behaves as 3 but applicable only for modern Mac that uses “Secure virtual memory”.

http://www.geeked.info/make-my-macbook-pro-hibernate/

http://www.geekguides.co.uk/104/how-to-ena...-mode-on-a-mac/

http://www.jinx.de/SmartSleep.html

I took HDEF code from a topic, which I can't remember right now. As far as I am concerned it was for a Gigabyte Motherboard and then I modified it according to my need.

Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)
	{
		Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02)
		Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
	}

I added the second line. This is the last code for HDEF. I think this _PRW thing doesn't do anything for me. It was there when I copied the entire code.

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x05
                   })
               }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x0E)
                       {
                           "built-in", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x01
                           }, 

"subsystem-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x1B, 0x36, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x3C, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"codec-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0xB2, 0x76, 0x1D, 0x11
                           }, 

"layout-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x78, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"device-type", 
                           Buffer (0x10)
                           {
                               "IDT 92HD71B7"
                           }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (Zero) {}
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

I don't think I have those values that you mentioned. I am not of a DSDT geek. If you spare a time for me and take a look to these files and see everything is according to the book, I would really appreciate.

IDT_92HD71B7X_Snow_Leopard.zip

Thanks for your time.

Hi Kizwan.

Tried your kext on my hp dv6 2150eg but without luck. :-(

Installed in extras and s/l/e but got something like "sound assertion 0 == pcivendorProductid failed in applehda at line 33345 and 2 similiar messages during reboot.

greetings

dragonsoul

Check out this and this post topic. I suggest you use AppleHDA.kext, extracted from 10.6.2. Later versions need a patch binary to work for IDT. At least in my case they do. Even if later versions are patched, they produce so much error.

does speed stepping work too?

I assume you talked to me as I'd said I have almost everything working. Recently, I extracted my SSDT tables and used AnVaL bootloader to load them from Extra folder. Then I changed the hardcoded memory addresses that I caught by using Voodoo Kernel and modified SSDT table accordingly. Now, my oem SSDT tables has been overridden. There is one more thing to do, which is to modify P-States in SSDT table by using P-States Calculator. But I am waiting for Valv for this.

Overall, I have P-States working very well. Hopefully, I will have C-States soon.

My machines boots with 28-38 Degree but goes up to 45+ since I don't have C-States. Before SSDT tables, this was around 45+ just after boot. I am using my SSDT tables alongside with Legacy ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin for MacbookPro5,4. I'd had P-States way before SSDT tables but it wasn't that stable. I've learned all of this from Valv.

Hi All,

Just hoping that one of you may be able to help me out, I have been trying for the past couple of days to install OSX onto my HP DV7-3112tx. (Basically the same specs as Mammoths, mine is a Core i5 540M though). I have been able to burn perfect copies of all disks, and have made it through the first installer stage, however i am now at a standstill. I cannot get OSX to boot via the chameleon disk, which means i am unable to get through to the second installer phase. I have had an extensive play with safe mode boot commands, and have tried every single bus ratio (my correct ratio should be 19), and have tried cpus=1. After i select OSX to boot, it will run a few lines of code, spin the dvd drive up and then power cycles my computer back to the chameleon boot loader.

The last line of code i see says "Starting Darwin...." or something along those lines... it flashes off too quick to see much else

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Cam

Hi All,

Just hoping that one of you may be able to help me out, I have been trying for the past couple of days to install OSX onto my HP DV7-3112tx. (Basically the same specs as Mammoths, mine is a Core i5 540M though). I have been able to burn perfect copies of all disks, and have made it through the first installer stage, however i am now at a standstill. I cannot get OSX to boot via the chameleon disk, which means i am unable to get through to the second installer phase. I have had an extensive play with safe mode boot commands, and have tried every single bus ratio (my correct ratio should be 19), and have tried cpus=1. After i select OSX to boot, it will run a few lines of code, spin the dvd drive up and then power cycles my computer back to the chameleon boot loader.

The last line of code i see says "Starting Darwin...." or something along those lines... it flashes off too quick to see much else

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Cam

I too have this problem, but with an i5 450m (busratio=18 cpus=1 -x -v). I can't even get to the installer screen though. I get "starting darwin x86_64. BAM reboot" I have a dv8t 1200 model though.

This is audio kexts for IDT92HD75B3. Please test & let me know the result.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2yxi6wm4b6i17r9

1) Install IDT92HD75B3X5_106.kext to Extra folder.

2) Install AppleHDA.kext file in /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. Please backup existing file.

Thank you. ;)

Hi Kizwan.

Tried your kext on my hp dv6 2150eg but without luck. :-(

Installed in extras and s/l/e but got something like "sound assertion 0 == pcivendorProductid failed in applehda at line 33345 and 2 similiar messages during reboot.

greetings

dragonsoul

Thank you for testing. It wouldn't work because the AppleHDA.kext is not correctly patched. My mistake. I was able to get my IDT sound card working (all inputs & outputs) with combination of legacy kext + 10.6.4 AppleHDA.kext (binary patched) on Dell Studio 1557. I'm going build another kext for you to test but I don't think I can make it today. Starting tomorrow until all next week, I will not available. I will available on 19 September (maybe sooner than that).

Not exactly. There two possibilities for hibernate. One is the hibernate only mode, which puts machine into hibernate mode and saves everything to hard drive once sleep mode is activated. (Hibernate mode 1)

The second one is that you put machine into sleep and it again saves everything to hard drive but this time, it doesn't hibernate directly. While your machine is in sleep, if the battery goes out then you can resume from hibernate when you turn on the computer. This is safe sleep, also known as deep sleep. My problem is in here. (Hibernate Mode 3)

Another sleep mode is "fast sleep. It saves everything to the ram and resumes very quickly. (2 secs) For me audio doesn't work after waking up from this mode. (Hibernate Mode 0)

I was referring to the hibernatemode value (0, 1, 3, 5, 7). It will much easier for me to help if I know the value. Actually hibernatemode 3 is sleep. It is identical to sleep/standby mode in windows. Both have fail-safe mechanism which is hibernate (aka deep sleep) when power lost/failure.

I don't think I have those values that you mentioned. I am not of a DSDT geek. If you spare a time for me and take a look to these files and see everything is according to the book, I would really appreciate.

I'm not DSDT geek either but I have some experience & knowledge. I'm afraid I can't help you right now (please refer to my previous post). I will help you as soon as possible. For the mean time; the _PTS & _WAK control method I'm talking about is not in the HDEF control method. It is outside HDEF control method. Try take a look in both control method whether there is an entry for turning ON/OFF the audio device. The code you're looking for should be store command (e.g. Store (Zero, P80D)).

I too have this problem, but with an i5 450m (busratio=18 cpus=1 -x -v). I can't even get to the installer screen though. I get "starting darwin x86_64. BAM reboot" I have a dv8t 1200 model though.

@PuppetMac & @tical2k, you guys will need to use EmpireEFI for Intel Core i3, i5 & i7 processor (mobile) to get the installation successful. It is available at prasys website. I bet you're using Mac OS X installer DVD which is older then 10.6.4. Only 10.6.4 kernel support Intel Core i3, i5 & i7 processor. Older than that you will need to use legacy kernel.

@tical2k, what you have is newer model in Intel Core i5 series. The cpus=1 & busratio trick will not work for you if you're using 10.6.0 to 10.6.3 vanilla kernel. PuppetMac will have better chances with vanilla kernel than you since he have older processor model. You should be able to installed Mac OS X with EmpireEFI boot CD. I haven't tested it on my Asus since I already have 10.6.4 Mac OS X installed on external drive. I only tested EmpireEFI boot CD with my Dell Studio though (older processor model, newer model is i7-740QM).

@PuppetMac & @tical2k, you guys will need to use EmpireEFI for Intel Core i3, i5 & i7 processor (mobile) to get the installation successful. It is available at prasys website. I bet you're using Mac OS X installer DVD which is older then 10.6.4. Only 10.6.4 kernel support Intel Core i3, i5 & i7 processor. Older than that you will need to use legacy kernel.

@tical2k, what you have is newer model in Intel Core i5 series. The cpus=1 & busratio trick will not work for you if you're using 10.6.0 to 10.6.3 vanilla kernel. PuppetMac will have better chances with vanilla kernel than you since he have older processor model. You should be able to installed Mac OS X with EmpireEFI boot CD. I haven't tested it on my Asus since I already have 10.6.4 Mac OS X installed on external drive. I only tested EmpireEFI boot CD with my Dell Studio though (older processor model, newer model is i7-740QM).

@Kizwan Your bet would be correct, I am using the OSX 1.6.3 Installer DVD. Thanks for the help, i will have to have a hunt around for 10.6.4 and get ahold of am Empire EFI boot CD.

Thanks again

I was referring to the hibernatemode value (0, 1, 3, 5, 7). It will much easier for me to help if I know the value. Actually hibernatemode 3 is sleep. It is identical to sleep/standby mode in windows. Both have fail-safe mechanism which is hibernate (aka deep sleep) when power lost/failure.

I'm not DSDT geek either but I have some experience & knowledge. I'm afraid I can't help you right now (please refer to my previous post). I will help you as soon as possible. For the mean time; the _PTS & _WAK control method I'm talking about is not in the HDEF control method. It is outside HDEF control method. Try take a look in both control method whether there is an entry for turning ON/OFF the audio device. The code you're looking for should be store command (e.g. Store (Zero, P80D)).

Hi Kizwan,

The sleep mode that I am having problem is Hibernatemode 3. Computer goes to sleep but when I open the lid or push the power button, keyboard is lightened up and computer gets frozen. After a force restart, I am able to resume from hibernate. Then I get the following errors in Console.

Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 3 on bus 0xfd connected or disconnected: portSC(0x101803)
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 4 on bus 0xfd connected or disconnected: portSC(0x301803)
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 6 on bus 0xfd connected or disconnected: portSC(0x101803)
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 8 on bus 0xfd connected or disconnected: portSC(0x301803)
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: An Unknown USB Device (Port 3 of Hub at 0xfd000000), may have caused a wake by being connected
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device HP Webcam (Port 4 of Hub at 0xfd000000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: vmnet: bridge-en0: interface en is coming UP
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: An Unknown USB Device (Port 6 of Hub at 0xfd000000), 
may have caused a wake by being connected
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device A309 (Port 8 of Hub at 0xfd000000) 
may have caused a wake by being disconnected
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device IOUSBVendorSpecificDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x3d000000) 
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device HP Integrated Module (Port 2 of Hub at 0x5d000000) 
Jul 15 13:35:00 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][interruptReadHandler] 
Received kIOReturnAborted with 1 pending interrupts
Jul 15 13:35:01 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in 
"/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" 
at line 3800 goto handler
Jul 15 13:35:01 SnowKittys-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-
187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 1130 goto handler

Unknown USB Device: This is Fingerprint Reader.

HP Webcam: I used a legacykext and although it is seen as a Built-in ISight it is still reported as HP Webcam in Console.

HP Integrated Module: This is bluetooth.

A309: This is the Aver Media Tv turner.

Web cam and Tv turner are on the same usb bus, which is the EHCI1.

Regarding audio,

I checked my original DSDT file and noticed that only reference to HDEF device in DSDT is the following.

Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)
	{
		Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02)
	}

I checked WAK and PTS method but there is nothing else about HDEF. I saw, for example, EXP1, which is PCI Express Port 1. So I assume that there is something missing in these methods.

Secondly, while searching for people having the same problem, I noticed that after waking up from sleep, in some case, audio is greyed out or muted. In my case, this is not the case. Everything seems ok but audio is not functioning. Based on this, I am under the assumption that there is nothing wrong with the legacykext in terms of sleep.

Please take you time and whenever you are available, if you take a look at these problem, I would be grateful.

I am currently having a lot of trouble installing SL onto my laptop. I have a HP DV7 1211 TX. Specs are as follows.

System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Memory: 4096MB RAM

HDD: 2x 400GB Toshiba Drives

I can't install windows 7 because of the partition style (GPT), I can't boot into SL without the Install Disc (not the boot disc), it always stops at a certain message and its just frozen in the '-v' screen. When i try to boot into SL (without the install disc) it won't boot because of the "Loaded HFS+ file: [system/library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist]" issue. Repairing, verifying or both and boot commands don't work.

I should mention that this happens on both versions of the boot discs 1.15 and the version before it. I have lost usb support since using 1.15.

Am I doing something wrong? Help would be heavily appreciated.

I am currently having a lot of trouble installing SL onto my laptop. I have a HP DV7 1211 TX. Specs are as follows.

System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9550 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Memory: 4096MB RAM

HDD: 2x 400GB Toshiba Drives

I can't install windows 7 because of the partition style (GPT), I can't boot into SL without the Install Disc (not the boot disc), it always stops at a certain message and its just frozen in the '-v' screen. When i try to boot into SL (without the install disc) it won't boot because of the "Loaded HFS+ file: [system/library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist]" issue. Repairing, verifying or both and boot commands don't work.

I should mention that this happens on both versions of the boot discs 1.15 and the version before it. I have lost usb support since using 1.15.

Am I doing something wrong? Help would be heavily appreciated.

Did you try to use Wake=No command?

It is on the first page.

Yes I have tried this, it works now but didn't many times before. Thanks JBraddock

But this only solves one of my issues.

I still need help solving the usb issue, booting into osx without the install CD issue and the windows installation issue.

Help is appreciated.

i suggest you check out this topic as most of DSDT fixes would work for you too. Usb, sleep, power management etc. The topic is for HDX 16 (I have this) or 18 but hacks also work for other HP laptops.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215233

Other than that you may also need to open new topics for your specific issues if not addressed already on the forum.

Hey Mammoth, REALLY interesting work you're doing here; you made my google trawling a lot shorter than i thought it was going to be :)

Quick noob problem however... is there a way to burn your mammothdvx bootcds on a windows machine? Or do I have to commandeer a friends iMac?

Cheers

For all those wondering. It IS possible to modify the bios to change the whitelist. Relatively simple too. In osx, boot and install the lspci tool. Just google "lspci for snow leopard" and you'll find it. Then, run this in osx to get your device id and subversion:

lspci -nnv

You'll see something like this (my info, i had airport in extra bay):

02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:4239] (rev 35)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1311]

04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11a/b/g [14e4:4312] (rev 01)

Subsystem: Apple Computer Inc. Unknown device [106b:0089]

Its important to get these numbers for the wifi card you want to use! I suggest doing as I did and putting it in the secondary bay with no antenna connected.

Now the bytecode in our BIOS will be "backwards" So do something like this reversing the bytes as below:

Intel: 8086:4239 (8680:3942)

8086:1311 (8680:1113)

Hex Dev String: 8680394286801113

BC: 14e4:4312 (e414:1243)

106b:0089 (6b10:8900)

Hex Dev String: e41412436b108900

All this is now done in windows:

1) install winrar from rarlabs.com

2) Download your bios from hp.com.

2a) Run the installer, but do NOT flash, it will extract to Program Files (x86)/SPXXXX/

2b) Copy the .exe in this folder to somewhere where you will be working, User/Documents, etc. Then right click it and "extract here" this will extract your bios.fd probably called 7001.fd or similar.

3) Find and download EZH20 2.1.0.4

4) Download and purchase winHex (cant write resident memory without registered version) or use another hex editor that can read a programs resident memory.

5) Load .fd bios file in ezh20

6) Open winhex and goto Tools, OpenRAM and select the ezh20 process and select "entire ram"

7) I forget where it is, but you can search and replace hex values. In my case, I searched and replaced all instances of "8680394286801113" with "e41412436b108900" which effectively removed my old card from the white list and put the new BCM one in.

8) save the bios from ezh20 in the same location but dont overwrite the old one ( maybe you can not sure what this does to resident memory though ).

9) move the original bios to, say, 7001_sv.fd, then move your saved bios to 7001.fd (whatever your original was)

10) Pray you didn't mess anything other than device ids up and run the flash program in the extracted exe's directory.

11) It reboots then says "104 Error" because your old oem card is no longer whitelisted!

:D

References: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Gene...rom-Insyde-BIOS (complete removal doesnt work because we have a 2MB BIOS and that guide was written for a 1MB BIOS)

Sorry so vague I dont really have time or patience to do a nice writeup :)

First of All, MANY THANKS for Mammoth and yehia Amer, and others users for all the work done. We are getting really closer.

I've followed the Mammoth's tutorial and its worked like a charm. Ive also buyed the wireless that you recommended us! thanks again ;)

I Have the DV7t-3000.

I want to know if we still need to edit our dsdt.aml or I can use yours?

many thanks

Thanks Mammoth for the fantastic and well written guide.

I had an issue with my HP DV8 1200 CTO (Intel Core i5-450M /1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M) notebook and wanted to share how I solved it in case anyone else had the same issue.

I couldn't get my retail SL 10.6.3 DVD to load - it always rebooted using the Mammoth DVX CD 1.15. Finally, I used the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Supported CD (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-install-mac-os-x-on.html) to install OS 10.4 using the "cpus=1 busratio=18 -x" boot command line.

I then followed the Mammoth guide and it worked like a charm, including dual core support and 64 bit kernel.

I had an issue with the GT 230M not being properly recognized for CI/QC, so I changed the com.apple.boot.plist located in /Extra contains to GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but this worked for me and I hope to save anyone else an hour or two of troubleshooting.

Hey Guys.

Just wanted to report that everything´s running (more or less...have to run pfix from time to time without an obvious reason, also running on battery is not as stable as keeping the machine hooked to the psu) pretty smooth so far.

It seems like speedstepping is not working correct...msr tools never report more than 1,73ghz top frequency...from what i know the i7-720qm should clock much higher (and it does so under win7) when needed.

Anyone got thoughts or infos on that issue?

Have a nice one.

Dragonsoul

My dv7t-3000 has been up for over a week with no crashes! awesome guide Mammoth!

my only problem besides wireless is my webcam does not work:

HP Webcam:

Product ID: 0x0143

Vendor ID: 0x5986

Version: 0.14

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Bison Electronics Inc.

Location ID: 0x1d150000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

anybody know a fix for the Bison Electronics webcam?

would love to get sleep working and speedstepping of course.

thanks!

Hello,

here is my review,

I'm using HP Dv6T 2000-CTO

Working CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-720QM 1.6GHz, 6MB, L2C (4 cores, 8 threads)

Working Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 230M GPU w/ 1024 MB (Fully w/ QE/CI)

Working Sound: IDT 92HD75B3 Audio Controller (Details in Post-installation Update Guide v1.15)

Working Firewire

Working eSATA and combo USB ports

Working LAN: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit

Working Wi-Fi: Railink USB wireless

Not working Wi-Fi: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 (622ANHMW)

Working Optical Disc: Lightscribe + Blu-ray DVD +/-R/RW drive

Working Bluetooth

Working Webcam

Working 6GB of Ram ( 4Gb and 2 Gb) (with flags : -force64 )

i'm combining two methods from yehia and mammoth..

Thanks to yehia and mammoth

Yehia thread for DvX Quad..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t215033.html

Here is what i do..

I have ONLY

- 10.6 Snow Leopard final retail disc

So i download

-10.6.3 Combo update ( use to make my SL became 10.6.3 , so i can follow mammoth guides)

- [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ( boot cd whic i got from tonymacx86blog -> http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html

- Mammoth DvX boot cd ( boot cd from this thread)

What i do :

- boot using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ( with boot command : -x cpus=1) to SL 10.6 Retail Disc

- Create 4 scheme partition ( based on mammoth guide) using disk utility inside the SL installer.

- install SL 10.6 (install normally) , dont let computer to sleep, just keep moving the mouse.

at the end of installation it will say, installation failed. It's not a problem, just restart.

- boot again with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ( -x cpus=1)

- select the OSX partition ( partition that we just installed the SL 10.6)

- cause i cant copy the data from my usb to the OSX,

i connect my computer through a router.

i turn on sharing folder, so other computer can connect to my computer.

I use other computer to transfer the 10.6.3 Combo update into my sharing folder

- I run 10.6.3 combo update..

- restart

- boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (-x cpus=1)

Then i continue with mammoth guide part 3.

Then all are ready...

I have 2 problem:

1. my 64 bit kernel was not succesfull..

On the post installation guide , on part "getting ready to boot your upgrade system"

I do step 1-2, and on step 3 ( restart and boot with -x), it was failed.

I must put -x busratio=12, than it can goes to safemode, but the mouse will not move.

So i press the power button to shutdown..

When i want to boot the normal system i must put busratio=12,

so i modify the /Cham/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist and "busratio=12" on Kernel beside "-v"

I save the file, and run ChamExtUp..

And i can boot normally now, i do the next step ( 5-11), and my sound and network card working, but

my 64bit kernel still "no"

2. When i run my laptop on battery, when it reach 50% it will automatically off without shutdown.

And when start-up, it will show KP, then i need to reboot once more, than all fine again.

@Dragonsoul81 & everyone,

This is audio kexts (R2) for IDT92HD75B3. Please test & let me know the result.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gvtwgxl83icbff8

1) Install IDT92HD75B3_106.kext to Extra folder.

2) Install AppleHDA.kext file in /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. Please backup existing file.

Please ignore "sound assertion 0 == pcivendorProductid failed" error messages because it doesn't prevent the audio from working. We don't need/use it. Please test the auto-switch feature between internal speaker & HP, also between internal & external mic. Based on the codec dump, the external mic & line-in shared one jack port. If when plugged in the external mic, it doesn't change from "Internal Microphone" to "External Microphone", we will need to change the external mic to line-in in codec verbs (ConfigData).

Thank you. :rolleyes:

Please ignore "sound assertion 0 == pcivendorProductid failed" error messages because it doesn't prevent the audio from working. We don't need/use it. Please test the auto-switch feature between internal speaker & HP, also between internal & external mic. Based on the codec dump, the external mic & line-in shared one jack port. If when plugged in the external mic, it doesn't change from "Internal Microphone" to "External Microphone", we will need to change the external mic to line-in in codec verbs (ConfigData).

Thank you. :wacko:

HI Kizwan.

THX FOR THE KEXT!

I tried in on my system...sound is working and the speaker mutes when headphones are connected but there´s no sound coming from the headphones. Also the built in mic continues working normal when a mic is plugged into the line in/mic-port

Have a nice day.

Greetings

Dragonsoul

Thank you. :(

Please try this new legacy kext file (R3).

http://www.mediafire.com/?64gh4tfndidru74

2) Use AppleHDA.kext file from R2 package.

With this legacy kext, when plugged in external mic or line-in jack, "Internal Microphone" will change to "Line-In". Both external microphone & line-in should work.

UPDATE: Tested by yehia Amer. Auto-switch between internal speaker & HP, also internal mic & line-in/external mic works. Audio in & out working as it should be.

UPDATE 2: I'm able to solved the mute issue. Apparently I mistakenly set MuteInputAmp (at PathMap tree - at output pathmap) to Yes. Changing it to No enabled the mute feature. If you don't want to do it yourself, please download this R3_MuteFixed package:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?c7innd1od1xxln7

- AppleHDA.kext file in this package is from R2 package, so you don't need to install it if you already installed it. Just install the legacy kext (IDT92HD75B3_106.kext) to Extra folder.

UPDATE 3: I removed the SignalProcessing entry for internal speaker. I didn't use it on my Acer Aspire 9420 (but it have Realtek audio codec). I hope this fix the pops sound issue when the volume is full/high.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d7dwufd5onn5gd0

- AppleHDA.kext file in this package is from R2 package, so you don't need to install it if you already installed it. Just install the legacy kext (IDT92HD75B3_106.kext) to Extra folder.