DELL Vostro 3700 / 3xxx ( i5, Nvidia 330M ) OSX86 Snow 10.6.3

288 posts in this topic

Hi Piyokos. Got the sound fix - voodoohda and it works great.

I have also left the system at 10.6.3 as everything is working. Is there any advantage to upgrading ?

Also, the Ricoh SD reader is not working, tried different things. Still no go. Mine has the ID e822.

Hello, I'm quite new to these forums and i havent really been on here alot since i last done my hackintosh dell laptop a while ago, But i have the Vostro 3500 now and last night i downloaded and installed; Kalyway 10.5.2 with a succsess. Installed and booted perfectly.

But i found out i had no sound, no USB support or Network (WiFi,Lan).

After reading i found out some stuff, but just want to make sure that it is correct.

Most things are fixable with .Kexts but for the WiFi, Do i really need to buy a Apple AirPort Card? If it's not this card, Can somone tell me the card that i do need?

A quick reply would be very helpful.

Cheers

Hello, I'm quite new to these forums and i havent really been on here alot since i last done my hackintosh dell laptop a while ago, But i have the Vostro 3500 now and last night i downloaded and installed; Kalyway 10.5.2 with a succsess. Installed and booted perfectly.

But i found out i had no sound, no USB support or Network (WiFi,Lan).

After reading i found out some stuff, but just want to make sure that it is correct.

Most things are fixable with .Kexts but for the WiFi, Do i really need to buy a Apple AirPort Card? If it's not this card, Can somone tell me the card that i do need?

A quick reply would be very helpful.

Cheers

That is right. The Dell wireless card is not compatible

• 2 weeks later...

Okay this is where im at, I installked Kalyway 10.5.2 on the Vostro 3500 and it booted and installed fine, but Wireless and everything didnt work. And then i tried to update it to 10.5.8 and it got a KP. So i decided to download iPortable Snow, But didnt have a 8GB so went and got a brand new Sandisk Cruzer 8GB, But when CopyCatX is doing it's buisness, i get that very big red X about half way through the process.

I tried to use Disk Utility aswell and about half way through, it comes up with an error aswell.

Input/output error or somthing.

Im doing this in Mac OS VMware.

I think it's either:

You cannot create a bootable iPortable snow in VMware.

Or

iPortable_Snow_DMG is corrupt, Becuase i did have to transfer it from one lapop to anoher for a while, i might of pulled the USB out before it finished copying it ( This was in Windows 7 ).

Anyone had the same problem? Or know a soloution?

Hi guys

For HDMI output "WITH SOUND" for nVidia Geforce GT330M

Try My Kext : )

I'm so sad... cause I have voodooHDA.kext for my ALC272 before

So I have to switch all the time

When I want HDMI out I Install this kext

When I want my sound and mic from ALC272 I must install another voodooHDA.kext and restart

All the time T^T

Try this Kext : )

v v v v v

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Was that a clean install or did you upgrade from 10.6.8 ?

It was clean install but with some corrections. I took DMG of preinstalled 11A511 (before user setup), booted from Iatkos s3 and restored image to disk. Lion partition was not bootable and i booted with Chameleon Rc5(760) CD and then installed Chameleon.

Also I tried to install latest version of Chameleon (1005) but with that version my touchpad didn't worked.

It was enough for my laptop to use video section in DSDT but I've heard that there's a working version of Natit.

Didn't installed bluetooth kext (just don't use it) and still have to do something with sound.

It was clean install but with some corrections. I took DMG of preinstalled 11A511 (before user setup), booted from Iatkos s3 and restored image to disk. Lion partition was not bootable and i booted with Chameleon Rc5(760) CD and then installed Chameleon.

Also I tried to install latest version of Chameleon (1005) but with that version my touchpad didn't worked.

It was enough for my laptop to use video section in DSDT but I've heard that there's a working version of Natit.

Didn't installed bluetooth kext (just don't use it) and still have to do something with sound.

Damn.. for the life of me i just can not boot up the installer with any of my [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] DVDs or even with the iVostro customized iBoots that Minihack had prepared for our Vostros over at tonymacx86..

Can you attach your extra/extensions folder so that i can compare with what i have ?

I mean, the entire Vostro 3x00 line is not that different so i should be able to boot up the installer somehow..

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards,

Adi

I've got 10.6.3 installed on my Vostro 3500 i5.

But i edited the plist with GraphicsEnabler and Yes.

But i stil dont have QE/CI

If i run Front row, i get a black screen :(

i got 3500 too , can u tell me how do did u get 10.6.3 installed ?