DELL Vostro 3700 / 3xxx ( i5, Nvidia 330M ) OSX86 Snow 10.6.3

288 posts in this topic

2 bassjas12

Thanks a lot!!!

Next job is to install a bootloader. You can use the Chameleon installer.

Once that is done, take the files from my "Extra3700" folder and put them inside the "Extra" folder that Chameleon has created for you at the root of your hard disk [for people with a 3500 use the files from the Extra3500 folder I have included].

hello MiniHack

i has download and installed Chameleon via link in your post. It has not created Extra filder in root hard disk after installation, so i created it my self.

then i copy to this folder everething from archive "Extra3700"

after reboot, when i can choise start MAC OS X - i view panic on screen. i can`t load Mac OS.

so now i can load only with iBootVostro.iso

can you help me please? how fix that problem?

thanks

2 bassjas12

Thanks a lot!!!

hello MiniHack

i has download and installed Chameleon via link in your post. It has not created Extra filder in root hard disk after installation, so i created it my self.

then i copy to this folder everething from archive "Extra3700"

after reboot, when i can choise start MAC OS X - i view panic on screen. i can`t load Mac OS.

so now i can load only with iBootVostro.iso

can you help me please? how fix that problem?

thanks

Boot up with the disk, delete the "Extra" folder in your root HD, copy the "Extra" folder from the disk to your root HD, enjoy booting without the disk.

How do i get dual monitors working on this? I have VM's running on VirtualBox. Would like to run mac on my laptop screen and a VM on my External Monitor. If i can get this to work then i can just get rid of my dual boot with windows 7 and just use a single mac partition. Which will probably get rid of all the issues I am having getting Mac to boot with Chameleon.

If you guys can please offer any assistance i would appreciate it. I am going to start searching other forums.

Sorry, my chameleon experience ends there, that method worked for me. You may want to check to see if there are any invisible folders on you root HD that are named "Extra". Google will tell you how to view invisible files in OS X.

I've had my laptop with external monitors with both HDMI and VGA. It should automatically show something on your external screen. To further configure your monitors, go to your settings and click on "Display".

Successfully updated to 10.6.5 with Delta update.

Needed to remove AppleHDA (i use VoodooHDA 2.7.2) and to replace AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext to older one (caused KP). Didn't noticed any other issues.

How come you're using ACPIPS2Nub.kext ? You're not using one of the DSDTs posted in this thread ?

Last i checked, using a DSDT only requires the AppleHDA extension to be replaced every time after an update.. Amirite ?

Adi

10.6.5 seems to have killed bluetooth support. :(

Edit: Seems to be a USB issue with 10.6.5, working on it in this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1581032

Don't update if you need USB support.

Are you using a modified DSDT from this thread ? If yes, then make sure that you're NOT using the IOUSBFamily 10.6.2 Rollback from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Essentially, if you're using one of the modified DSDT files from this thread, the only thing you have to change after the update is to roll back your AppleHDA to the version posted in this thread.

Adi

My system is very vanilla, haven't gotten into dsdt patching and such. The only modification I have is the appleHDA.kext from this thread. Sound stopped working when I ran the update and worked after installing the kext, but USB did not.

Well, the reality is that your system is NOT very vanilla.. Vanilla implies using a DSDT file to enable most of the broken functionality and only using third party/modded kexts to fix what the DSDT lacks.

So far, for the 3x00 models, AppleHDA is the only extension that needs to be replaced in SLE folder after every update.

Sadly, it looks like there are a couple more extensions that will need work for 10.6.5 as SleepEnabler no longer works, nor does the Trackpad :s

I'm currently looking around for answers..

Adi

whelp im not touching 10.6.5 till i get my 2.5" usb adapter in the mail so i can fix my vostro hackintosh from another computer when the 10.6.5 update breaks it.

from what im reading (thanks ardeus) applehda needs to be re-modded which is trivial, ill get to that at some point (or minihack will) and appleps2nub needs to be downgraded.

can someone post their untouched, 10.6.5 applehda.kext?

How come you're using ACPIPS2Nub.kext ? You're not using one of the DSDTs posted in this thread ?

Last i checked, using a DSDT only requires the AppleHDA extension to be replaced every time after an update.. Amirite ?

Adi

as far as i know acpips2nub and voodoops2controller are irreplaceable because you cant add ps2 support with DSDT mods alone, and the vostro 3xxx uses ancient PS2 ports for the keyboard and trackpad.

whelp im not touching 10.6.5 till i get my 2.5" usb adapter in the mail so i can fix my vostro hackintosh from another computer when the 10.6.5 update breaks it.

from what im reading (thanks ardeus) applehda needs to be re-modded which is trivial, ill get to that at some point (or minihack will) and appleps2nub needs to be downgraded.

can someone post their untouched, 10.6.5 applehda.kext?

as far as i know acpips2nub and voodoops2controller are irreplaceable because you cant add ps2 support with DSDT mods alone, and the vostro 3xxx uses ancient PS2 ports for the keyboard and trackpad.

You're right.. don't know what i was thinking :S

Here's what i did :

Installed 10.6.5 only to be greeted by KP on Sleepenabler.kext.

Managed to boot it with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and erased sleepenabler.kext

Rebooted normally and put back the AppleHDA.kext that i used last time. (got it from Minihack i believe somewhre in this thread.)This brought sound back.

However for some reason, Trackpad was dead and so was the VoodooBattery info...

Searched and got a new version of Sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.5 and installed it in E\E with kext utility.

Rebooted and everything is back to normal : working track pad and working voodoobattery.

Very pleased so far.

I proceeded to to some tests to try and get it to hibernate but that failed just like before.

If anybody has managed to get some form of sleep/hibernation working, I'd be happy to hear the details ;)

Thanks,

Adi

heres every kext i have pulled from my working 10.6.4 system (with some graphics stuff removed to make it smaller)

http://y.k.vu/piyokos_10.6.4_legacy.kext.pack.zip

keep in mind my battery monitor doesnt work either... i think it's because i replaced it with a fakesmc that worked with cpu temp. monitoring, here's the old one:

http://y.k.vu/old_fakesmc.kext.zip

have a party

Successfully updated to 10.6.5 with Delta update.

Needed to remove AppleHDA (i use VoodooHDA 2.7.2) and to replace AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext to older one (caused KP). Didn't noticed any other issues.

Please share your Extra folder.

I update to 10.6.5:

- key alt and cmd swapped

- trackpad not working with VoodooPS2Controller.kext (use ApplePS2Controller.kext)

- no battery indicator

-  no audio

updated to 10.6.5 - no big probs so far - i just did the apple hda rollback with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installed the network drivers new - works like a charm ! :-)

the only thing i still miss to get working is the fingerprint sensor - any suggestions ?

Now on 10.6.5 and with A10 Bios with my (early) Vostro 3500. No issues to report and the update is smooth.The DSDT for A10 Bios is exactly the same as the DSDT for A09.

Only predictable issues are that if using sleepenabler for hibernation you need a new version and that you need to reinstall the old AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2 to continue with audio.

If it helps my zipped extra folder is attached (not bothered with sleepenabler as it doesn't give real sleep anyway) and also a zipped applehda.kext

Please note that in my system the only non standard apple kext file that I have included in system/library/extensions is the AppleHDA.kext all other mod.s are in the "extra" folder. Bluetooth, USB, etc all are absolutely fine after the updates.

My suggestion for updating is that after installing the 10.6.5 update you make any changes that may you want inside your extra/extensions folder and that you use kext utility for the installation of AppleHDA.kext as this will also address any permissions issues you might have.

For those having bigger problems then I suggest you read the whole thread again (as the answers are more than likely there already) and for newbies that have not read the thread front to back please note that NEW vostros have graphics issues that as yet cannot be 100% resolved and so buying a new vostro is NOT going to be a good option if you are buying it expecting to just run OSX.

Hi Minihack,

I actually noticed that if i remove sleepenabler.kext, my VoodooBattery no longer works and as a result, i don't get any battery status info (time remaining to charge, time remaining on battery etc.) so i do think that sleepenabler.kext is still very much needed..

Also, thanks for confirming A10 BIOS is safe to use with the same DSDT.aml file :P I'm gonna update mine as well.

EDIT : I forgot to ask, does your machine boot in 64bit mode ok ?

Adi

hello folks,

im very new to the mac on pc topic.

ive managed to install leo4all (unknown version) on my hdd, ive noticed, the wlan and sound doesnt works.

so far ive readed the thread the wlan dw1520 still doesnt work, right?,

i still dont get it how to install the new drivers for my 330M graphic card, where can i get it and how to install?

the sound would be nice but not necessary

Hi,

I just read whole topic, downloaded vostroiboot.iso burned it and the problem that i have is black screen after booting from cd.

I can easly see that it's booting(texts and so on) till everythings hangs and i cant even reach the stage when it displays the icons of disks, neither can i use ctrl+alt+delete to reset it.

My laptop is dell vostro 3700 i5 520, 330m, 4gb, 500 gb. (revision with no switchable graphics)

Funny thing that orginal [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] disc reaches the icon "phase" but i can see some weird graphic issues(weird colors) - but at the moment i see it - it's freezing.

upgraded to 10.6.5, needed to swap out AppleHDA with old modded copy, didn't need any other steps (vostro 3700).

also currently running with 8GB of RAM in 64-bit mode without a problem.

hello folks,

im very new to the mac on pc topic.

ive managed to install leo4all (unknown version) on my hdd, ive noticed, the wlan and sound doesnt works.

so far ive readed the thread the wlan dw1520 still doesnt work, right?,

i still dont get it how to install the new drivers for my 330M graphic card, where can i get it and how to install?

the sound would be nice but not necessary

you don't need graphics drivers, just enable graphicsenabler in chameleon.

i suggest you get minihack's audio package, that or voodoohda might be simpler.

Hi Adi,

Voodoobattery works just the same for me as it always did....and doesn't need the sleepenabler.kext

Voodoobattery.kext and the trackpad kexts when loading seem sensitive to permissions problems after system updates and running kext utility always fixes that - if you get stuck then add a USB mouse to allow you to run Kext Utility and then disconnect the mouse at next boot!

Voodoobattery and the trackpad working after kext utility fixed permission /Extra/Extensions folder.

Hi! Help with dual boot!

Snow leopard installed, updated to 10.6.5., Vostro 3700.

Install windows 7, do as is written here to make the disk active - did not work ((((help please!

Another question. How to change the snow leopard MAC-address in Dell Vostro??

Sorry for the bad english (