AnVAL (ACPI Loader)

valv

1,538 posts in this topic

hi kizwan,

sorry for being late at u. as your fadt became an oem table (so to say), I suppose u are now using oemFADT=Yes from boot.plist and took out the one fadt table out of /extra. Thus I'd have to take a further look into the restart fix...straight after exams :angry: .

anyway, thank u for feedback.

Greetz.

hi kizwan,

sorry for being late at u. as your fadt became an oem table (so to say), I suppose u are now using oemFADT=Yes from boot.plist and took out the one fadt table out of /extra. Thus I'd have to take a further look into the restart fix...straight after exams ;) .

anyway, thank u for feedback.

Greetz.

Thank you for replying. :) Actually your restart fix does works. What I meant to say is that, your booter does detect restart fix already exist in oem table, thus the booter think it is unnecessary anymore to patch the FADT table, which is right thing to do. :D I think that is why I don't see "FADT: Restart Fix applied !" at boot message anymore (boot flag "Wait=Yes -v").

My explanation on previous post might a bit confusing & I'm sorry about that. :) These are the list of what I found with your booter:-

1) Other modified ACPI file (tested with FADT.aml file) will be ignored if DSDT.aml is not exist.

2) If I use modified FADT.aml file (with "PM Profile : 02 (Mobile)"), system-type with value 02 does exist in ioreg. This making the Battery Power tab visible in System Preferences/Energy Saver. However, with oem table (with "PM Profile : 02 (Mobile)"), system-type is not visible in ioreg. I tried oemFADT=Yes and system-type=02 in com.apple.Boot.plist but the results still the same.

Thank you. ;)

kizwan,

try it like this SystemType.

Regarding the other tables dependency on dsdt, am going to have a further look into..maybe this weekend.

I'll keep u informed if any news.

Greetz

why does your booter recognize my Kingston DDR3 1600 memory as DDR2 800?? :S

the AsereBLN booter does it recognize it good.

I use your booter on a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 motherboard, with the DSDT from tonymacx86.

(sorry for my bad english)

Will there be PKG installers for the updates?

only If u ask me for one :D

why does your booter recognize my Kingston DDR3 1600 memory as DDR2 800?? :S

the AsereBLN booter does it recognize it good.

DDR2 800, is the default value. I'll look further into Asere's job and see what gives later. u could also inject whatever values u like from smbios.plist, there should be a guide floating on the forum.

My system keeps rebooting after installing your boot-loader. I am using 10.6.2 :) with the system DC7700 Hp

u probably replaced your booter with latest boot file. thus u didn't re-installed the other files. look at the guides (if u don't know how to do it manually) on first post. If u don't like to go that way, just replace the boot file with an older version.

Greetz,

kizwan,

try it like this SystemType.

Regarding the other tables dependency on dsdt, am going to have a further look into..maybe this weekend.

I'll keep u informed if any news.

Greetz

Tried it as boot flag & in com.apple.Boot.plist. The result still the same, no system-type entry in ioreg. I'm wondering why it doesn't read the oem table.

DDR2 800, is the default value. I'll look further into Asere's job and see what gives later. u could also inject whatever values u like from smbios.plist, there should be a guide floating on the forum.

Greetz,

thnx, I hope ur booter will support my memory soon then! xD

oooOOhh this looks sweet...

@valv or AnV...

I have an issue in chameleon 2.0 RC4 and want to know if you guys have or can address it.

Problem: I have had a long standing issue with FSB in OSX. Back in 10.5 when it was just netkas efi and the cpu and fsb were detached by apples smbios I had an issue where fsb was seen at 184mhz instead of 200mhz. Making my fsb 738mhz and cpu slower and my system overall slower.

Solution for 10.5: Superhai made me a custom smbios with a locked 800mhz fsb. Problem fixed in leo..

New solution for 10.6: Edit the smbios.plist and add your fsb speed 200mhz with SMexternalclock.. Sweet a fix.. wait that was to easy and it does not work for me.

Because my bios is coded badly EFI takes the bad bios fsb and uses it for my system speed. I tried to override this but basically chameleon does not read the value I set.

Will your overhaul of Chameleon do the trick and force my fsb of 200mhz?

Hope thats a yes I was excited to see all the fix ups around reading memory values and wondered if fsb was addressed.

Update I went ahead and installed it with Lizard.. Installed fine.. I kept all of my smbios.plist and com.apple.boot the same.. It Booted fine.. Made a few odd things happen.

1. My keyboard settings went back to default. I change the apple key to be the control key and it went back.

2. My Zydas 1211ubs connects to the router or says it does but never gets an IP address. Really odd and I rebooted 3x times.. same result. In windows now posting this.. errrrrrrrrrrrr

3. Seems to have made no difference in my fsb. So Ill assume that this means it also can not override the incorrect value my bios is giving the OS. I think my only fix for that is a locked smbios unless you guys can suggest something else. I would love to find a DSDT fix for it.

4. Reboot no longer works. It just shuts down instead.

Thats all I noticed that seemed odd to me. Maybe ill delete my smbios.plist and see what happens then.

Update 2

Deleted my smbios.plist and took out fsb=2000000 but it made no difference at all.

It seems that updating the EFI.. Deletes your SMC settings. I have a temp monitor that relies on fakeSMC and my zydas USB wifi device must also store settings for connected networks in the SMC, same with keyboard settings. Or somewhere besides the SMC that an efi install would change.

I went back to Chameleon RC4 now as my reboot was not working and since my temp monitor, wifi and keyboard all forgot there settings that seemed to odd to me. Ill try again when I hear from one of you guys and can figure out what I'm doing wrong with this.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.. ????

First off, maybe off-consern, but your boot.plist could look better with a SystemType key (2), back to fsb, try altering the SMBIOSdefaults value to No.

Greetz,

@valv, Did you found why system-type is not visible in ioreg? I want to use your booter because yours is the only booter can do FADT override, AFAIK. AsereBLN booter can't do FADT override anymore. It also unable to read "PM Profile" value from oem table. I know that since my modified DSDT & FADT table already become oem table but there is still unexplored function in DSDT & FADT table. Your booter give me ability to debug any changes I did in the ACPI table. ;)

Hello to all thread members, I would like to post the same question I did to Asere over EFI-X forum, with the hope of obtaining a reply from someone who tried this... Sorry if it sounds off-topic!

Deciding to start using the latest build of your bootloader, I would like to ask if I can also fix a minor "cosmetic" problem I have during boot process. I use a cheap-o LG monitor 1920x1080 that's connected via DVI to my MSI NVidia GeForce 8400GS, but the picture is displayed as a "box inside another box", until I boot to the desktop (10.6.x) where the driver kicks-in and make full use of the monitor resolution. Apparently, anything that's not 1920x1080 the monitor doesn't stretch, when using DVI cables.

I was hoping to use the (new) BIOS loading option, with a ROM that I can obtain via the DieBuche's method here. So here are my questions:

(1) is the ROM output of DieBuche's method compatible with the one your bootloader is loading? Patched or not patched...

(2) does your bootloader read the video ROM in the same way it reads DSDT (in terms of loading steps/procedure)? Will a "fixed/patched" video ROM be read before the bootloader GUI kicks-in, so that it can recognize the (fixed) resolution of 1920x1080?

The whole idea is to get my card's video ROM, patch it for 1920x1080 and make your bootloader load it so that the GUI and boot screen are displayed properly (full-screen). However, from what I generally read, the ROM is read once we select to boot from a device, not before launching your GUI... (sigh)

First off, maybe off-consern, but your boot.plist could look better with a SystemType key (2), back to fsb, try altering the SMBIOSdefaults value to No.

Greetz,

Thanks for the systemtype info, Makes sense I should tell the system its a laptop. LoL

As for the smbios defaults.. Could that be why the smbios.plist is not being used in the first place? Maybe its just taking whatever it sees as the value. I know I'm stabbing at air here.. Is that what you were thinking 2?

Thanks

@00Diabolic ~~

Next, i'd suggest you omit the fsb key altogether from boot.plist, reboot and give it as an argument at the prompt.

btw, been looking for SuperHai's code, and found Eureka's contribution (dating from the 28 appleSMBIOS). the interesting part of his code (regarding fsb) is this one

void AppleSMBIOSEFI::
[color="#483D8B"]processSMBIOSStructure( const SMBProcessorInformation * cpu,
                       SMBPackedStrings * strings )
{[/color]
[color="#008080"]	UInt64	frequency = 0;

if (fDMIMemoryMap)
{
IORegistryEntry * efiNode = fromPath("/efi/platform", gIODTPlane);
if(efiNode)
{
	OSData * FSBFrequency = OSDynamicCast(OSData, efiNode->getProperty("FSBFrequency"));
	if (FSBFrequency)
	{
		frequency = *(UInt64 *) FSBFrequency->getBytesNoCopy();
		frequency += (500ULL * 1000ULL);
		frequency /= (1000ULL * 1000ULL);
	}
	efiNode->release();
}
}
[/color]
[color="#483D8B"]    if (cpu->header.length < 26)
       return;[/color]

But again this reflects to appleSMBIOS.cpp from 28. and since apple made lot of changes to actual 39. It could be time (I actually don't have) consuming. Hope this helps u further. If not, then I'll be helping...later :P

@kizwan,

would u mind providing me with your edited fadt (just to be sure it doesn't come from there)

This is my Aspire 9420 modified FADT file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mudwqymzozz

ok, your fadt has nothing to do with that.

the issue is that SystemType is written into ioreg straight after processing fadt override. I got some thoughts on those conditions.

Just to be sure though, (I don't know how unuseful it'd be for u to) alter SystemType key with one different value than the one u've been putting on fadt (2). As I don't have a chance to go with bios-injection, it'd be helpful to see if the value u'd put get changed (just give it a go, try 1 or so as value), reboot, look what happened and give me a feedback.

Greetz

@edgar87,

have u tried booting with UseMemDetect key (Yes as value). If not, please do, and let us know.

ok, your fadt has nothing to do with that.

the issue is that SystemType is written into ioreg straight after processing fadt override. I got some thoughts on those conditions.

Just to be sure though, (I don't know how unuseful it'd be for u to) alter SystemType key with one different value than the one u've been putting on fadt (2). As I don't have a chance to go with bios-injection, it'd be helpful to see if the value u'd put get changed (just give it a go, try 1 or so as value), reboot, look what happened and give me a feedback.

Greetz

Thank you for looking into this. I tried set SystemType to other values (e.g 01 & 1) but system-type still not visible in ioreg. This is FADT table taken from ioreg, in case you want to take a look.

<46 41 43 50 84 00 00 00 02 d8 49 4e 54 45 4c 20 43 41 4c 49 53 54 47 41 00 00 04 06 4c 4f 48 52 5a 00 00 00 c0 ef e9 bf b7 69 e9 bf 00 02 09 00 b2 00 00 00 f0 f1 f2 80 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 10 00 00 08 10 00 00 28 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 02 01 04 08 00 00 85 01 00 55 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0d 00 32 00 00 00 a5 86 00 00 01 08 00 00 f9 0c 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 c0 00 0c>

It doesn't change at all, even after setting SystemType to other values.

Thank you for looking into this. I tried set SystemType to other values (e.g 01 & 1) but system-type still not visible in ioreg. This is FADT table taken from ioreg, in case you want to take a look.

<46 41 43 50 84 00 00 00 02 d8 49 4e 54 45 4c 20 43 41 4c 49 53 54 47 41 00 00 04 06 4c 4f 48 52 5a 00 00 00 c0 ef e9 bf b7 69 e9 bf 00 02 09 00 b2 00 00 00 f0 f1 f2 80 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 10 00 00 08 10 00 00 28 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 02 01 04 08 00 00 85 01 00 55 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0d 00 32 00 00 00 a5 86 00 00 01 08 00 00 f9 0c 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 c0 00 0c>

It doesn't change at all, even after setting SystemType to other values.

No, no, I didn't meant the change occuring on fadt. If u don't mind, I would like to send u one boot file to test. I just need to know which version u'r using, then I can mod it accordingly.

Greetz,

No, no, I didn't meant the change occuring on fadt. If u don't mind, I would like to send u one boot file to test. I just need to know which version u'r using, then I can mod it accordingly.

Greetz,

Sorry. What I meant was; I follow your suggestion to change the SystemType value (e.g. 01 instead 02) in com.apple.Boot.plist. The result is no system-type visible in ioreg. I'm only post the FADT table in ioreg in case you want to take a look. :rolleyes: I'm using boot file; 06-04-2010 update.