AnVAL (ACPI Loader)

valv

1,538 posts in this topic

@Aivarz,

I need to ask u something, which boot-loader were u using before this one? did it give the right fsb value?

valv,

sorry for the off topic question but is it good to extract my ACPI tables (SSDT, FADT, etc.) with the Ubuntu method you described in your MacBookPro 18 project thread then copy them to /Extra and try to load them via boot.plist?

@Aivarz,

I need to ask u something, which boot-loader were u using before this one? did it give the right fsb value?

No problem with previous release, dated 06-04-2010. And before that - AsereBLN 1.1.8.

valv,

sorry for the off topic question but is it good to extract my ACPI tables (SSDT, FADT, etc.) with the Ubuntu method you described in your MacBookPro 18 project thread then copy them to /Extra and try to load them via boot.plist?

I'd encourage u to do this :)

@Aivarz,

Ok, I take note. I have to try something, brb

Hi there valv, I'm having a very tiny issue with alpha4, my cpu is not recognized as it used to with older versions. Everything else seems fine.

hi eMatoS, thank u for testing. am actually working on those issues

Out of interest, what did you change to make the recent test builds behave so differently?

what do u mean by out of interest :P If u 'r talking about this big mess, I was expecting such issues, and I hoped people test it before I do commit. This way we avoid sticking with unstable/unusable code. Once again, this is still in alpha stage, but things look good so far.

sorry, I just did not follow (brainstorm: 100.000 kWh) :P

btw, here is the next candidate alpha5.zip

I was just curious what you were changing and if you were expecting certain bugs or not? No offense meant it by it. :)

oh my dear, sorry, sorry, sorry, like I was saying, am actually using my unmanageable brain, and it makes me do, think and say differently. so my apologies again. and as I was telling, further posts earlier, fsb detection mechanism is totally reworked. also the cpu part (hopefully to support more core i without breaking the actually supported ones). Next got rid (don't know if it works now) of FADT dependency to DSDT + more nVidia graphic cards id's + things I can't remember by now.

Everything seems to be OK with bus/cpu/mem frequencies using alpha5. What else should we check?

good to know that. what about the previous messages at boot time ? also I'd like to know if u have the same issue as rednous:“…when i open a new browser tab or refresh the current one, preview files on the desktop, open Illustrator or Photoshop, the sound form iTunes becomes noisy and hissing, stops for a 2-10 seconds.“ thanks

alpha5 seems to be OK for me, too. the nasty sound bug disappeared :) also the CPU and FSB are reported correctly.

valv, nice build :)

alpha5 seems to be OK for me, too. the nasty sound bug disappeared :) also the CPU and FSB are reported correctly.

valv, nice build :)

woohoo, that's news.

just need to have a feedback from eMatoS or some guyz using an AMD cpu. anybody?

btw, if someone have issues, please tell. Waiting for your posts before committing :)

btw, did I forget somebody's issue?

@edgar87,

gimme specs of your DDR3, and I'll see what can be done. btw, u could also inject your memory values directly from smbios.plist.

regarding cpu, do a sudo sysctl -a | grep cpu on terminal and post the dump.

@valv:

This are my DDR3 specs:

http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KHX1600C8D3K4_8GX.pdf

I have it running on 1333 mhz speed (not 1600 mhz)

@ 9-9-9-24 timings

"sudo sysctl -a | grep cpu" gives me this:

hw.ncpu = 8
hw.cpufrequency = 2931000000
hw.availcpu = 8
hw.ncpu: 8
hw.activecpu: 8
hw.physicalcpu: 4
hw.physicalcpu_max: 4
hw.logicalcpu: 8
hw.logicalcpu_max: 8
hw.cputype: 7
hw.cpusubtype: 4
hw.cpu64bit_capable: 1
hw.cpufamily: 1801080018
hw.cpufrequency: 2931000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 2931000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 2931000000
hw.cputhreadtype: 1
machdep.cpu.max_basic: 11
machdep.cpu.max_ext: 2147483656
machdep.cpu.vendor: GenuineIntel
machdep.cpu.brand_string: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU	   K 875  @ 2.93GHz
machdep.cpu.family: 6
machdep.cpu.model: 30
machdep.cpu.extmodel: 1
machdep.cpu.extfamily: 0
machdep.cpu.stepping: 5
machdep.cpu.feature_bits: 3219913727 10019837
machdep.cpu.extfeature_bits: 672139520 1
machdep.cpu.signature: 67301
machdep.cpu.brand: 0
machdep.cpu.features:  FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX SMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1 SSE4.2 POPCNT
machdep.cpu.extfeatures:  SYSCALL XD RDTSCP EM64T LAHF TSCI
machdep.cpu.logical_per_package: 16
machdep.cpu.cores_per_package: 8
machdep.cpu.microcode_version: 3
machdep.cpu.mwait.linesize_min: 64
machdep.cpu.mwait.linesize_max: 64
machdep.cpu.mwait.extensions: 3
machdep.cpu.mwait.sub_Cstates: 4384
machdep.cpu.thermal.sensor: 1
machdep.cpu.thermal.dynamic_acceleration: 1
machdep.cpu.thermal.invariant_APIC_timer: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.thresholds: 2
machdep.cpu.thermal.ACNT_MCNT: 1
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.version: 3
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.number: 4
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.width: 48
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.events_number: 7
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.events: 68
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.fixed_number: 3
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.fixed_width: 48
machdep.cpu.cache.linesize: 64
machdep.cpu.cache.L2_associativity: 6
machdep.cpu.cache.size: 256
machdep.cpu.tlb.inst.small: 64
machdep.cpu.tlb.inst.large: 7
machdep.cpu.tlb.data.small: 64
machdep.cpu.tlb.data.large: 32
machdep.cpu.tlb.shared: 512
machdep.cpu.address_bits.physical: 36
machdep.cpu.address_bits.virtual: 48
machdep.cpu.core_count: 4
machdep.cpu.thread_count: 8

edgar87, I need to ask u which boot-loader you've been using before this one? and what fsb value was showing?

One last request, please edit your last post, and try to use quotes ore codebox for the dump. thanks

woohoo, that's news.

just need to have a feedback from eMatoS or some guyz using an AMD cpu. anybody?

btw, if someone have issues, please tell. Waiting for your posts before committing :)

btw, did I forget somebody's issue?

yes :)

i would like to ask you which of the following tables (extracted under Ubuntu) should i copy to /Extra: RSDP, RSDT, FACP, FACS, HPET, MCFG, TAMG, and APIC?

also is it good to rename all 6 SSDT tables (extracted under Ubuntu) to SSDT-0...SSDT-6?

The names of those 6 SSDT tables under Ubuntu are: Cpu0Cst, Cpu1Cst, Cpu2Cst, Cpu3Cst, CpuPm, Cpu0Ist, and Cpu1Ist. I wonder if i have to copy them in /Extra, cause i have SpeedStep implemented in my current DSDT.

thanx again for your hard work and helping us answering so many questions :)

I've used ur previous versions of ur bootloader and the Asere 1.19 bootloader before.

But all gives me a 533 mhz FSB.

(ive edited my previous post with code tags)

thank u, and sorry 'cause I don't think I'd be able to do something for FSB this time. if your 875k is the same as 875, don't worry, it could be done but it is more complicated than I thought. Also for the Memory part, u should give some time, maybe next release :) I already taken note on my todo list (high priority). till then u can stick with smbios.plist values.

yes :)

i would like to ask you which of the following tables (extracted under Ubuntu) should i copy to /Extra: RSDP, RSDT, FACP, FACS, HPET, MCFG, TAMG, and APIC?

It's ok,
also is it good to rename all 6 SSDT tables (extracted under Ubuntu) to SSDT-0...SSDT-6?
This is the way it has to be done, sorry for not specifying it earlier.
The names of those 6 SSDT tables under Ubuntu are: Cpu0Cst, Cpu1Cst, Cpu2Cst, Cpu3Cst, CpuPm, Cpu0Ist, and Cpu1Ist. I wonder if i have to copy them in /Extra, cause i have SpeedStep implemented in my current DSDT.
If speed-step is working no need for those.
thanx again for your hard work and helping us answering so many questions :)
glad u find it of a use to u :(

Greetz

Sorry for the delay, alpha5 is detecting correctly my athlon64 (disguised as an intel core solo) One thing I've never seen working is my memory detection, I've always used smbios to set it right but it doesn't really matter.

Thank you valv for your hard work.

np! thnx for looking @ it.

I still think u have made a great bootloader!

Hope to see it fixed soon.

thank u, this is encouraging me to give it a further try, don't give up my friend. but as your cpu is seemly new, it is not possible to detect it correctly with the actual code's stage. I'm optimistic about fsb detection, ram I don't know

Sorry for the delay, alpha5 is detecting correctly my athlon64 (disguised as an intel core solo)
hey, that's good to know
One thing I've never seen working is my memory detection, I've always used smbios to set it right but it doesn't really matter.

Thank you valv for your hard work.

I'll tell u a secret :) personally I use smbios injection for this, dunno why I prefer it that way. Maybe just a feeling of calculus avoidance = easier boot = lesser bad surprises :) no, seriously, I'll look further at it...one day :(