AnVAL (ACPI Loader)

valv

1,538 posts in this topic

Dear Chokra, apologies for not being there to response (job, code, kids and other stuff)

Hey Valv! That's fine. Family & bread+butter first! ;) I didn't know that you had family... Silly assumption of moi ;)

does this happen with last update also ? get rid of Nullcpu, voodooP, disabler...and stick with fakesmc (edited to be compatible with your model) and Intcpupm (vanilla).
Yes it did!

UPDATE: NOW it doesn't!

review ownership and read/write values for these files
Permissions etc, you meant? They're perfect; Repair permissions everytime when making new changes.
stick with VoodooMonitor, coolbook, Mark-i, cpu-i or whatever.

Regarding sleep, rework your usb/graphics dsdt hacks, remove sleepenabler, then sleep/wake and look what happens.

btw, each time don't forget to rebuild cache, remove kernel and boot caches (using onyx or whatever).

Check. DSDT is perfect. Tried something as per your suggestions; read below:

As said above, get rid of Nullcpu and VoodooP
REMOVED!
those are not errors, it is a debug log to show u what tables are being loaded.............It just can't find/load it if it's not there.

Correct. Incorporated changes you mentioned for mitch_de, looking at the entire list of parameters you have provided.

Keys inserted into /Extras/com.apple.Boot.plist as is. And Lo! Behold!

If p-state changer is loaded that means u did not get rid of voodooP kext. thus speed-step isn't vanilla.

No, VoodooPowerMini.kext doesn't let P-StateChanger function. For that VoodooPState.kext needs to be loaded.

Which I load manually upon booting. After logging into Root account and "kextload var/root/Desktop/VoodooPState.kext

And then launching P-StateChanger.app

For more understanding about speed-step and kexts to be loaded and those to delete, take a serious look at Formerly's great topic about the subject here.

Did that. Removed 2 functions basically meant for Core2Quad CPUs. I didn't get why they were there in the first place, even though the DSDT was a perfectly mastered compilation by MasterChief, BlackCH, DB1, bikinifarm, etc.

And I'm posting the results as a PNG screenshot. You won't believe the results!

Choosing between Default & Bullet themes should work. The other themes don't seem to work. take a look at their respective folders, u'll understand why.
Now, the theme loads. But I tried reading the differences, couldn't make out why/the reason. Coz I use only Twilight, and have edited it to make my custom background fit in screen resolution of 1600X900X32.

But, nice to have even the default Chameleon Screen back.

try using "Instant Menu" key with "No" as value.
This option you mentioned is for the boot choices thing... Kind of a pause.

What I mentioned was a system error.

It said:

System encountered errors while booting. Pausing for 5 seconds...

After editing the com.apple.Boot.plist -> IT IS GONE! System boots like a Native Vanilla Macintosh Operating System!

YOU ROCK! YOU ROCK! YOU ROCK! YOU ROCK! Cheerios! I won't offer you a beer! That's so lame!

Tell me, what? Jack Daniels? Or What? I know only of that as a "totally not available imported premium", where I stay! ;)

That was hard long way to go. but as the result is fine, we can also enjoy cooler cpus now (or is it just me)

No! It JUST Isn't you! I got 2 (Two) Degrees Celsius cooler CPU now with Vanilla IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext controlling my system!

Yes, 2 Degrees cooler in hot frigging summer! It's 32.7C room temperature, whilst I'm replying. From 12 noon and later.. shoots up to 33-34 Celsius!

So previously, before I made the changes, the CPU temperature was @ 37-38 Celsius!

This one is meant to inject an oc'ed vbios. Pay attention though, like to in which location u put it. thus when u specify VideoBios key, make sure the value is that location. Example, if I put my vbios into /Extra, I should specify "/Extra/NVIDIA.ROM" as value (string).

The attached XBench (GFX only) Benchmarks show the differences in the results.

post-18224-1273905909_thumb.png

Now, you can see few things...

Certain HDD transfer rates have a +ve and -ve change.

Certain GFX results have +ve and -ve change.

Overall score has shot up.

Changes that I incorporated:

Removed everything -> NullCPUPM.kext, (there was no disabler.kext), VoodooPowerMini.kext, SleepEnabler.kext.

Edited com.apple.Boot.plist as under:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64 pmVersion=19</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x900x32</string>

<key>UHCIreset</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>ForceHPET</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EHCIacquire</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,2)</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltin</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UpdateACPIVersion</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>oemSSDT</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>DropSSDT</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>oemHPET</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>oemSBST</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>oemECDT</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>oemASFT</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>oemDMAR</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>oemMCFG</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseNvidiaROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>VideoROM</key>

<string>/NVIDIA.ROM</string>

<key>VideoROM</key>

<string>/Extra/10de_0614.ROM</string>

<key>VideoBIOS</key>

<string>/NVIDIA.ROM</string>

<key>VideoBIOS</key>

<string>/Extra/10de_0614.ROM</string>

<key>VBIOS</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>Hide Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,1), hd(0,3), hd(1,5), hd(2,2), hd(2,5), hd(2,6), hd(2,7)</string>

<key>Hide Partitions</key>

<string>hd(0,1) hd(0,3) hd(1,5) hd(2,2) hd(2,5) hd(2,6) hd(2,7)</string>

<key>Rename Partition</key>

<string>hd(2,1) Windows7</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Now, Sleep works OOTB. But it is a bit slow. If you click on AppleLogo -> Sleep, it takes about 2-3 seconds to sleep off! or Even using the keyboard shortcut for Sleep. Still 2-3 Seconds. That's no big deal. Important thing is, It NOW Works!

Just note that, the "Hide Partitions" and "Rename Partitions" doesn't work. I dunno if the values I've put in are right or not, because I followed the format displayed "help" at boot prompt. hd(x,y) format.

hope this helps u go further.

Greetz,

It just warped me onto another State! Pun unintended! Thanks a Quadrillion, Valv!!! You Rock! So does Andy... with this Awesome new Boot Loader!

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :D (on Seventh heaven right now!)

@Chokra, glad to know u enjoying. That was the intention.

No, VoodooPowerMini.kext doesn't let P-StateChanger function. For that VoodooPState.kext needs to be loaded.

Which I load manually upon booting. After logging into Root account and "kextload var/root/Desktop/VoodooPState.kext

And then launching P-StateChanger.app

This is what was meant by VoodooP. But if u'r happy with it, u can stick with. Just take note that speed-step isn't vanilla in that case (without to mention the higher cpu consumption).

Just note that, the "Hide Partitions" and "Rename Partitions" doesn't work. I dunno if the values I've put in are right or not, because I followed the format displayed "help" at boot prompt. hd(x,y) format.
Take out the "s" at end of keys.
"Hide Partition" Remove unwanted partition(s) from the boot menu.

=hd(x,y) [hd(m,n)] only non mac osx boot partitions can be hidden.

"Rename Partition" Rename partition(s) for the boot menu.

=hd(x,y) <alias> [;hd(m,n) <alias2> ...]

I did not test the last one though.

Greetz,

@Chokra, glad to know u enjoying. That was the intention.

This is what was meant by VoodooP. But if u'r happy with it, u can stick with. Just take note that speed-step isn't vanilla in that case (without to mention the higher cpu consumption).

Greetz,

Awesum! gr8 to find u online right now.......

So a personal thx to u! All credits go to you.

However, wen i said "i manually load......" that is when i was patching my DSDT, to read my P-States.

Else, nothing else is loaded......

Trying the "key"....

post soon after reboot....

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :P

I did not test the last one though.

Greetz,

Tried without the "s".... but no good :(

The stupid other partitions are still visible...

If I press a key for -v during boot up, it shouldn't list the other partitions, right?

If so... then.. no it still does show the other partitions.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :ninja:

hi mitch_de,

For SSDT keys u have to add 'em ur self into boot.plist:

Greetz,

THANKS fro the info of the WAIT key - i know that there was some key but cant remember.

For all the =YES keys. Do i understand right that if i dont have any of that (much!) = YES keys in my .plist,

they are all set to NO ?

My system works perfect (with your lastest boot + none of the =YES keys) - so i dont need them to add in the .plist ?

Or what can happen even more positive if i do if some key adding and set = YES ?

If I press a key for -v during boot up, it shouldn't list the other partitions, right?

If so... then.. no it still does show the other partitions.

Dear Chokra,

Would u mind testing if by adding a new key for each partition needed to be hidden, it would work or not ? Please don't misunderstand here as am just used to hide only one partition. That worked. And don't forget that only non mac osx boot partitions can be hidden.

This can sound as a lame work, but honestly, as of today I never had to rename partitions using .plist. Sorry for not having/taking the necessary time to throw into a more intensive test-phase. Nowadays, I have match more important stuff to take care of. Sorry if my answer didn't please.

Edit: Tested multi-renaming and multi-hiding. Both of them ok. I used the following keys with these values:

Hide Partition --> hd(0,4) hd(0,5)

Rename Partition --> hd(0,2) SL ;hd(0,3) Leo

For all the =YES keys. Do i understand right that if i dont have any of that (much!) = YES keys in my .plist,

they are all set to NO ?

My system works perfect (with your lastest boot + none of the =YES keys) - so i dont need them to add in the .plist ?

Or what can happen even more positive if i do if some key adding and set = YES ?

Dear mitch,

If u don't put the "acpi related" keys (as of DSDT, SSDT, FADT..) into .plist, their default value is No. Thus, the keys beginning with oem, when not declared, stick with Yes as a default value.

Regarding your own config, it seems like u'r loading only those unmodified tables (from bios). If this satisfies you, then stick with that config.

And when one day u discover that u would like to load some different/edited tables, then u can block the load of the oem ones and opening the doors to the new ones.

U can also try with DSDT only, using those keys here: oemDSDT=No & DSDT=<file>.

Greetz,

Dear Chokra,

Would u mind testing if by adding a new key for each partition needed to be hidden, it would work or not ? Please don't misunderstand here as am just used to hide only one partition. That worked. And don't forget that only non mac osx boot partitions can be hidden.

This can sound as a lame work, but honestly, as of today I never had to rename partitions using .plist. Sorry for not having/taking the necessary time to throw into a more intensive test-phase. Nowadays, I have match more important stuff to take care of. Sorry if my answer didn't please.

Edit: Tested multi-remaning and multi-hiding. Both of them ok. I used the following keys with these values:

Hide Partition --> hd(0,4) hd(0,5)

Rename Partition --> hd(0,2) SL ;hd(0,3) Leo

Greetz,

Dear Valv,

No issues pal! No misunderstanding / or anything buddy! u r doing what u require.

I wish to do more... so obviously, this is the only way we can check or test newer software, right?

And hard work bears sweet fruits... and even if it's lame, but if it gets the job done, we have success, right!

Secondly, I'm hiding only NTFs partitions. I've 4 OSes loaded, and wish only those 4 to be displayed...

Not other storage/data partitions...

Lastly, I know, all my queries must be very amateurish, amongst all the awesome coding work you guys are doing...

However, I'll be rebooting right now with the keys as you have mentioned and see.

But I tell you, I have written them exactly as you have, in com.apple.Boot.plist. Here is the sample:

<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,1) hd(0,3) hd(1,5) hd(2,2) hd(2,5) hd(2,6) hd(2,7)</string>

I'll just reboot now and post the update.

However valv, there is this guy "dh.taran". He has severe issues booting with AnVAL ACPI boot loader.

I'd spend quite a time yesterday fixing his DSDT and installing your boot loader.

It booted 2 times, but then. I dunno what the fella did. It didn't boot throwing up some error.

We reverted to Aserbln bootloader and his system boots now. He wants to cool his CPU, which is totally a bummer for me.

Anyways, chuck that. I'll repost with the results.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :)

Hi Valv,

I looked in the Chamelon source code regarding ATI injector, now are the ATY, XXX Properties coming from a real Apple system with a already installed ATI card and looking through IOREG, Where do these ATY, commands come from originally?

My Question is also, If the ATI Injector can read the displays bios image, bin image. Does the bin image contain the correct EFIVersion etc as the ones that ATI inject are generic?

Example:

ATI Injectors injects: 26 Jan 2009, BIOS B and E I dont know why B and E???

B: 113-SBSJ1G04-00R-02

E: 113-B7710A-318

ATI Copyright is 2005-2009 when it now should be 2005-2010.

My cards info is below:

25th Jan 2010

RV830

Audio: AA011002

BIOS_CREATION_DATE="01/25/10 05:28"

BIOS_MSG=""

BIOS_KIT_VERSION="BK-ATI VER012.019.000.003.000000"

BIOS_PN="113-C01301-xxx"

Can the ATI injector be changed to read the vbios and inject the max screen resolution whilst also reading the bios image?

Thanks

Hi valv, anv

thanks for this great bootloader.

A simple question: is there a way (under snow Leopard 10.6.3) to check if/which acpi tables are loaded successfully? Is there a detailed documentation of all options i can use? And an explanation of what to fix in dsdt.dsl file to load them successfully(mainly for vanilla speedstep for cpu temp not too high)?

Thanks! Great work tho!

Mal

Hi valv, anv

thanks for this great bootloader.

A simple question: is there a way (under snow Leopard 10.6.3) to check if/which acpi tables are loaded successfully? Is there a detailed documentation of all options i can use? And an explanation of what to fix in dsdt.dsl file to load them successfully(mainly for vanilla speedstep for cpu temp not too high)?

Thanks! Great work tho!

Mal

Hi Mal,

To ensure that the tables are actually successfully loaded, u can go with IORegExplorer. Select "AppleACPIPlatformExpert", and "ACPI Tables" rights. Those are the tables that got loaded.

Regarding what have to be fixed in dsdt file to get it loaded, the acpiloader does it already for u.

Options 'r on the BootHelp. If u don't have it, it still shows on the BootScreen under "?" icon.

Greetz,

Hi Mal,

To ensure that the tables are actually successfully loaded, u can go with IORegExplorer. Select "AppleACPIPlatformExpert", and "ACPI Tables" rights. Those are the tables that got loaded.

Regarding what have to be fixed in dsdt file to get it loaded, the acpiloader does it already for u.

Options 'r on the BootHelp. If u don't have it, it still shows on the BootScreen under "?" icon.

Greetz,

hello

i think i found another thing about snc:

my webcam is under snc component control and recently i have enable it with 2 apps first is

SONiX USB 2.0 Camera Driver OSX 1.1

i dont find or remind the link so i post you the content of the install

the second is

http://agent.liquiddigital.com.au/apple-ma...am-download.htm

aGent V5 Mac Driver

it seems one or the 2 apps active the snc module to enable the the cam...

i have noticed in loading the kext (snc for sodv ) posted before for test what happen with acpi. That had disabled the webcam...

i think the kext is not working good but have an action on snc

i think the webcam drivers give instruction to snc module

so maybe there s some tracks to enable snc on osx on the code of the two apps

thanx for your attention

regards

folder_2.zip

folder_2.zip

@jlvaio,

am sure that the guyz using this would be happy with what u've been posting, in the right place where they can find it ;)

don't u feel like u being too far off-topic ?

Btw, please guyz, u don't need to quote every message. Do it when it's related to what u'r about to post.

Something about the boot-loader ? we're glad to help out.

Greetz,

Sorry but i didn't understand this. Is it included in your/anv bootloader?

'r ? or -r ? or 'r' ? Sorry i didn't understand it too ... BootHelp ? BootScreen ? Is there any document (.txt , .pdf or .htm) i can read trying to understand such stuff?

I hope i quoted correctly :)

Thanks!

Mal

Sorry but i didn't understand this. Is it included in your/anv bootloader?

Yep, the bootloader takes care of-it. we still need to provide an error-free DSDTable though.

'r ? or -r ? or 'r' ? Sorry i didn't understand it too ... BootHelp ? BootScreen ? Is there any document (.txt , .pdf or .htm) i can read trying to understand such stuff?
sorry I meant 'are'. it was just an abbreviation.

Everything is on "bootscreen's" help. For ur (your) convenience, I'll be uploading one boothelp file with the next release + src.

I hope i quoted correctly ;)

it's ok :star_smile:

Hey @valv,

as far as can test, this latest is fine; can't go deeper without sources.

One thing; i get that "Unable to determine bios type..." message and shouldn't be getting it. I have Lebidou's AutoResolution patch

and i never got that message. The patch should detect that i'm not using the GMA and not issue the message; it's what

it does if i change to GMA950 :D

Got more free time now; done most of the tests on the stuff i was working on, looking good.

Catch ya later...

@jlvaio,

am sure that the guyz using this would be happy with what u've been posting, in the right place where they can find it ;)

don't u feel like u being too far off-topic ?

Btw, please guyz, u don't need to quote every message. Do it when it's related to what u'r about to post.

Something about the boot-loader ? we're glad to help out.

Greetz,

dear valv

sorry if i m wrong but the bootloader is called acpi loader and in the posts i did before it was talking about a feathure called snc sny50001 on vaio who enable or disable other feathure in acpi like internal screen, hot keys; backlight control; fn keys, webcam ,tv out memory cards...

for example on my model

i have 3 sound card i have drivers for 2 of them but can t load more than one at the same time

Realtek High Definition Audio

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D2200&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D2200

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_10EC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_10EC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&GF&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D2200&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

AVerMedia Hybrid H/W MPEG Card, M115S (DVBT/NTSC/PAL/SECAM)

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&SUBSYS_E8361461&REV_D1

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&SUBSYS_E8361461

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&CC_048000

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&CC_0480

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&REV_D1

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133

PCI\VEN_1131&CC_048000

PCI\VEN_1131&CC_0480

PCI\VEN_1131

PCI\CC_048000

PCI\CC_0480

PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&SUBSYS_E8361461&REV_D1\4&332BEDD2&0&20F0

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&SUBSYS_104D2200&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&SUBSYS_104D2200

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_8384&DEV_7664

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_8384&DEV_7664

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7664

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_8384

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_8384

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&GF&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&SUBSYS_104D2200&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

acpi fails to load correctly because of snc module on vaio it seems it has a role on dsdt too

i know it s a vaio problem and not a general problem but many user have vaio

personaly i have it since 3 years ,i have look every where for the solves and nothing

last year there was hope because some people pretend to make a project about snc on googlecode domain but month after there was just a paypal link that remove on half 1 hour after krazubu declare the forum was {censored}...

after this episode no one really work on this

so i think that what i have posted before is related to you r bootlader because the problem is related on linux environment and have no official documentation from sony just any works and info from linux and there s nowhere other driver for snc made for osx than this webcam driver

i don t think it was a problem of nvcap because i 've tried many and many: many works but only with external screen

all i do is searching documentation from linux and the web i think if there s solves from linux why don t transfers them to osx?

because i m noob i don t want to talk more i don t want to say wrong things or false my english spoken is not the best too

i hope you understand my point of view about the possibility of an option or fix that enable vaio or vaio feathures on your bootloader i' m sure it have lots of success.

i don t think i m too far from topics because it was related to acpi loading on vaio and not to promote a webcam driver,the story is about a driver who use snc and active something on it that activate webcam

thank you for your reply

thanx for your attention

regards

Hey @valv,

as far as can test, this latest is fine; can't go deeper without sources.

One thing; i get that "Unable to determine bios type..." message and shouldn't be getting it. I have Lebidou's AutoResolution patch

and i never got that message. The patch should detect that i'm not using the GMA and not issue the message; it's what

it does if i change to GMA950 :)

Got more free time now; done most of the tests on the stuff i was working on, looking good.

Catch ya later...

Hey Azi,

In fact Le bidou made really good stuff over there. The reason why u don't get that ugly message when sticking with his patch, is (I think) because he separated the 915 into 3 (as of the tenors: ati/intel/nvidia). The idea in itself seduced me.. I'll be looking further into next time.

Regarding src. It'd be available with next releases, as I (as a dumb noob) did some further changes (without keeping a copy of it first) that made the actual code become unstable. Thus I need some further work on that one.

Btw, congrats on your accomplishments.

happy to see u back :rolleyes:

Greetz

What about FACS table?

If u mean the FADT fix, then yes.

Hi Valv,

I looked in the Chamelon source code regarding ATI injector, now are the ATY, XXX Properties coming from a real Apple system with a already installed ATI card and looking through IOREG, Where do these ATY, commands come from originally?

My Question is also, If the ATI Injector can read the displays bios image, bin image. Does the bin image contain the correct EFIVersion etc as the ones that ATI inject are generic?

Hi altee,

Sorry for being late at u :rolleyes:

Normally, if u did not provide the boot-loader with a bios dump, then those properties come right out of the boot-loader itself. Thus some of those are values statically implemented into the code. Personally I thing it is more of cosmetically matters. Btw, if the deviceID is already showing on the code, then (even without a bios dump) things should work natively with the equivalent FB of that device. You can always try with a bios dump to see what could be the differences.

Can the ATI injector be changed to read the vbios and inject the max screen resolution whilst also reading the bios image?
sure, I'll take note for the next release.

Greetz,

Hey Azi,

In fact Le bidou made really good stuff over there. The reason why u don't get that ugly message when sticking with his patch, is (I think) because he separated the 915 into 3 (as of the tenors: ati/intel/nvidia). The idea in itself seduced me.. I'll be looking further into next time.

Regarding src. It'd be available with next releases, as I (as a dumb noob) did some further changes (without keeping a copy of it first) that made the actual code become unstable. Thus I need some further work on that one.

Btw, congrats on your accomplishments.

happy to see u back :(

Greetz

Oooh.. poor message.. you called it "ugly", man :D

Yep, Lebidou got it nice and yes, he separated the tenors. Unfortunately he got stuck with nVidia, mainly;

works pretty fine with ATI's.

Well, my accomplishments are not that great, i think; was about to share them with the world but just found

that i need to look at it deeper.. learning.. will get there!

Unfortunately he got stuck with nVidia, mainly;

works pretty fine with ATI's.

I'd have to look further at this one.

Btw, next release would have ramdisk load at boot time (finally working here)

@valv,

forgot to thank the "congrats" :P congrats to you too. As i use to say, it's hard to be noob (as in newbie) :wacko:

After all there was nothing wrong with "my" work, just the usual noob confusion.

Now i'm having troubles testing the booter on one of the "logical" partitions i have on the MBR HDD!?? I used to

multiboot everything on that HDD and never had problems... here i go again...

The ramdisk you mention, is it that stuff Meklort uses on his booter?

I'm asking because i already mentioned ramdisks and you made a weird comment. At the time i was talking about

the ramdisks we can already load on e.g: pre-boot discs or to load a diff set of drivers, etc...

That Meklort stuff is interesting but, i have to tune into it ;) noob...

If u mean the FADT fix, then yes.

No, FACS table. It looks like mine is broken. This could be related to why I can't get deep sleep working. Normal sleep (S3) works.

In IOregistry, i have only FACS@, but it should have some numbers in it. MacBook1,1 has version 1, mine is set to 0.

No, FACS table. It looks like mine is broken. This could be related to why I can't get deep sleep working. Normal sleep (S3) works.

In IOregistry, i have only FACS@, but it should have some numbers in it. MacBook1,1 has version 1, mine is set to 0.

So u did dump this table from another OS (win, linux..). When u open it (e.g. with nano, or dsdtse), does it show the right values there ? Could u post it here ?

Hi,

This is from my registry:

http://www.shrani.si/f/1P/2B/3BrmV9gj/mine.tif

This is from macbook1,1

http://www.shrani.si/f/1v/16/4v6NVA0G/macbook11.tif

This is my dump from linux:

* Intel ACPI Component Architecture
* AML Disassembler version 20091013
* Disassembly of FACS.aml, Tue May 18 14:29:15 2010
* ACPI Data Table [FACS]
* Format: [HexOffset DecimalOffset ByteLength]  FieldName : FieldValue
*/

[000h 0000  4]					Signature : "FACS"
[004h 0004  4]					   Length : 00000040
[008h 0008  4]		   Hardware Signature : 00000000
[00Ch 0012  4]	32 Firmware Waking Vector : 00000000
[010h 0016  4]				  Global Lock : 00000000
[014h 0020  4]		Flags (decoded below) : 00000000
				 S4BIOS Support Present : 0
			 64-bit Wake Supported (V2) : 0
[018h 0024  8]	64 Firmware Waking Vector : 0000000000000000
[020h 0032  1]					  Version : 00
[021h 0033  3]					 Reserved : 000000
[024h 0036  4]	OspmFlags (decoded below) : 00000000
		  64-bit Wake Env Required (V2) : 0

Raw Table Data

0000: 46 41 43 53 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  FACS@...........
 0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
 0030: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................

This is from macbook1,1:

* Intel ACPI Component Architecture
* AML Disassembler version 20091013
* Disassembly of FACS.aml, Tue May 18 14:33:16 2010
* ACPI Data Table [FACS]
* Format: [HexOffset DecimalOffset ByteLength]  FieldName : FieldValue
*/

[000h 0000  4]					Signature : "FACS"
[004h 0004  4]					   Length : 00000040
[008h 0008  4]		   Hardware Signature : 00000500
[00Ch 0012  4]	32 Firmware Waking Vector : 00000000
[010h 0016  4]				  Global Lock : 00000000
[014h 0020  4]		Flags (decoded below) : 00000000
				 S4BIOS Support Present : 0
			 64-bit Wake Supported (V2) : 0
[018h 0024  8]	64 Firmware Waking Vector : 0000000000000000
[020h 0032  1]					  Version : 01
[021h 0033  3]					 Reserved : 000000
[024h 0036  4]	OspmFlags (decoded below) : 00000000
		  64-bit Wake Env Required (V2) : 0

Raw Table Data

0000: 46 41 43 53 40 00 00 00 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 00  FACS@...........
 0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
 0020: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
 0030: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................

ok, that's the deal: we have to modify the version's value to "1". not sure if it'd fix that issue though. After all, we got nothing to loose :D

The tricky thing is, u cannot edit it as u usually done with dsdt hacks. For of all, we'll need to know on which offset does this value appear. This can be easily found by looking at the beginning of the line (where the value is) on the dsl file, as shown below

post-498884-1274305888_thumb.png

now from links to right, the first highlight is our offset, and the second one is for the byte length (only 1 in our case).

Next grab an hex editor (I'll be using 0xED), open the compiled file (not the dsl one) "facs.aml" (u'll not be able to compile it either, so grab the one u've been extracting from linux). Now jump to the known offset and change the highlighted byte there to "1", just like on the following screenshot

post-498884-1274306676_thumb.png

Save the file to facs.aml, and put it back to Extra. Reboot and see what happens.

Greetz,