AnVAL (ACPI Loader)

valv

1,538 posts in this topic

Valv and Andy,

Thanks for this. Valv, I don't blame you for venting. There are a lot of people who like to criticize on these boards and many of them make no contribution. Things are steadily improving but only because people like Andy make changes and people like Valv test them and help get other people to help test.

Keep up the good work both of you and don't let the criticism get to you.

it is quite buggy - I'm back with trunk for now.

The option to load, from file, each table is very useful though. :)

D

no prob. understand. me playin' with this for a long time, as I never get enough of Andys stuff, have reached the point where I can plainely enjoy this little gem (so to say).

anyway, thank u Formerly for trying this out, and hope it gets to a point that lets u come back to us ;) keep tuned.

Valv and Andy,

Thanks for this. Valv, I don't blame you for venting. There are a lot of people who like to criticize on these boards and many of them make no contribution. Things are steadily improving but only because people like Andy make changes and people like Valv test them and help get other people to help test.

Keep up the good work both of you and don't let the criticism get to you.

Dear,

I really appreciate your post. it even made me smile. It is from people like you that the world gets its hope batteries charged :thumbsup_anim: thank u for this nifty thought, my friend.

no prob. understand. me playin' with this for a long time, as I never get enough of Andys stuff, have reached the point where I can plainely enjoy this little gem (so to say).

anyway, thank u Formerly for trying this out, and hope it gets to a point that lets u come back to us ;) keep tuned.

Dear,

I really appreciate your post. it even made me smile. It is from people like you that the world gets its hope batteries charged :rolleyes: thank u for this nifty thought, my friend.

You know dear valv? I would partially blame you for bearing the brunt. You should NOT be.

I toljya, like two days back, to ignore bs0d or whoever else. As is this new bootloader requires too much attention and programming skills, something I severely lag behind in. And, that's why I'd like to be the test bed for whoever needs test beds.

So? I mean to say, why even bother with some person/people who just up their number of posts without even contributing to the scene.

I'm happy that I like to be the guinea pig, even though I just have one PC and my work depends on it. I simply love the thrill and recreation, even though it is tiresome at times.

Simply ignore such posts. You have a higher purpose.

You know, I'd just written a step-by-step instruction for my mobo setup from information I'd collected from, like everywhere on the Internet. Even, My lid was blown off one day when I found both my guides copied all over the place, on several blog sites, forums etc... Everywhere!

But, you know what? I'm the last person to be giving advice for calming down. I myself ain't less than Mount Fujiyama! ;):tomato: Someone had actually prescribed me anger management lessons! :tomato::hysterical:

Now, I'm truly glad that you are trying your best to make this progress faster, or better at least.

That is why, I'm using all my free vacation time to do as much testing as possible. Soon, my PG Univ calsses will begin then, I'll not get much time. You know...!?

Hope you didn't feel bad. ;):whistle: Coz you're the :star_smile: here! :rolleyes:

Ok. Now for some new AWESOME update:

I GOT SLEEP WORKING Finally! First time ever! I never ever ever have tried that. Not even in Tiger!

Here's how

But today I re-did my DSDT, put in SpeedStepping, and used the newer SleepEnabler.kext.

And, even with your bootloader, sleep works perfectly... Guess, why it didn't work for Kasakka? :unsure:

And lastly, Just as dlach said about don't let it get to you, and Formerly will be back soon. It is good that he breaks off. That way there will be more people working on different branches, which one day, possibly can be merged by the likes of Formerly, Andy and several others. Just like a developers environment, you know? And we should be ready, up in arms, against the latest news doing the rounds about the next 10.7 tightened :police: OS implementation. :gun:

I accept, that I can't even fathom a single class or structure in the DSDT, doing the dissection of bootloaders is totally Na'avi to me.. LOLZ! ;):hysterical:

So, well... See you soon... with more updates, and probably fixes. :dev: I'm always here. :pirate2:

Regards,

Freaky Chokra

:rolleyes: congrats my friend.

btw: I don't mind people criticize me/my work, as long as respect doesn't get missed. it can really become irritating at times...

ok I give up. u are probably right.

and u made a pretty nice work on your guides. keep it up :star_smile:

Hey Valv

here is my boot

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
   <string>y</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>y</string>

</plist>

And here is link for DSDT and SSDTs lenovo g550

regards!

Dear Nomaj,

I cannot download those. from where did you get ssdts? try not putting 'em on disk, then go with IORegistryExplorer and open the AppleACPIPlatformExpert section. Rights look into ACPI Tables. there u'll find tables that got loaded. give feedback, so we can investigatye further.

Try not using DropSSDT=Yes, and use oemSSDT=Yes instead, to see. try to play a little with these keys, and looking at IORegEx at each modification to understand how they work.

Dear Nomaj,

I cannot download those. from where did you get ssdts? try not putting 'em on disk, then go with IORegistryExplorer and open the AppleACPIPlatformExpert section. Rights look into ACPI Tables. there u'll find tables that got loaded. give feedback, so we can investigatye further.

Try not using DropSSDT=Yes, and use oemSSDT=Yes instead, to see. try to play a little with these keys, and looking at IORegEx at each modification to understand how they work.

Btw: welcome to Zef & Slice, I really appreciate u being over here guys.

RIGHT! first thank you for your time!

i look on IORegistryExplorer and found that i have loaded:

APIC, BOOT, DBGP, DSDT, FACP, FACS, HPET, MCFG, RSDT, SLIX, SSDT, SSDT-1, SSDT-2

Are u right now using same keys as before? would u mind making the changes stated on the post above

Are u right now using same keys as before? would u mind making the changes stated on the post above

Already did that changed to oemSSDT=Yes ... and that are results... :( what next?

that's ok as long as you get speedstep working oob. so no need to use DropSSDT=Yes. only stick with oemSSDT=Yes.

are u on a macbook? :(

that's ok as long as you get speedstep working oob. so no need to use DropSSDT=Yes. only stick with oemSSDT=Yes.

are u on a macbook? :(

YES =) but it seams that right now im stuck ... in MSR tools to 1.40MHz and in Voodoomonitor 2189MHz =( no speedstep and cpu temp is high.

I suggest u put SSDT-x files back where they used to, go with DropSSDT=No and oemSSDT=No, look if this fixes it

People, why do I feel like being persecuted since I made this thing. anyway, Azimutz, bs0d and all the people that disliked this,...

Well, i'm used to people missing the point on what i write so, i forgive you. Can you tell me were do i mention "i disliked" this booter??

Don't mix my comments with what other's said!! The only comment i made about the booter was that, Andy should update his branch to

the trunk. Nothing more! And that's supposed to be a constructive comment!!

The rest of the comments were made to the installer. I read all the posts on the topic, understood what was the problem, checked it and posted

what's wrong and what can be a solution. I think that's constructive too, don't ya?!

I wouldn't know about any forum were people don't let you be a member or i couldn't care less about groups, teams, gangs, etc...

Don't tell me i'm lazy to share my knowledge because, you obviously don't know what you're talking about!

Since the repo came up, i've been following it, testing with the trunk, trying to understand and fix some stuff i consider far more important than loading acpi tables,

trying to learn some C programming, testing "autoresolution" with LeBidou, commiting issues to the repo and on Voodoo forums, testing VoodooPowerMini,

testing this and that, helping people... believe me, i'm tired...

I will shut the f@ck up but, just because i'm tired, very tired of trying to help people that don't deserve

and i have done nothing in the past few days but answering to this kind of sh*t.

I have more important things to do than having my self insulted by... whatever.

Stay safe.. be happy :(

Edited by Azimutz

:unsure: congrats my friend.

btw: I don't mind people criticize me/my work, as long as respect doesn't get missed. it can really become irritating at times...

ok I give up. u are probably right.

and u made a pretty nice work on your guides. keep it up :)

Yo! valv.

Good. Good. Great! :thumbsup_anim:

:dance_24: Thanks man! For the guides' compliments. Those were like almost a year back.

Now, you tell me what's for today? I'd replied about how do I send you the output messages during the boot up session?

Will a small cell phone video do? It's almost 1MB or so. MP4 format? :whistle:

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra

Well, i'm used to people missing the point on what i write so,

sorry for misunderstanding then,

must confess, u are a respectful guy, and u made really cool conclusions over here. apologies, was tired and mixing thoughts. ok?

so, we forget about this all ? come on mate, u don't have to shut the f*** up, not u.

I really hope we consolidate our efforts on this. we need every observation and every little effort to bring that thing further.

Greetz

Now, you tell me what's for today? I'd replied about how do I send you the output messages during the boot up session?

Will a small cell phone video do? It's almost 1MB or so. MP4 format? :)

yep, post the video, we'll see later.

btw, I pmed u with an edit of your dsdt file. hope it helped

I GOT SLEEP WORKING Finally! First time ever! I never ever ever have tried that. Not even in Tiger!

Here's how

But today I re-did my DSDT, put in SpeedStepping, and used the newer SleepEnabler.kext.

And, even with your bootloader, sleep works perfectly... Guess, why it didn't work for Kasakka? :D

I have no idea why it doesn't work. At the moment the only extra kext I have is FakeSMC and a modified networking kext for my network adapter. Otherwise vanilla, speedstepping and everything. Goes to sleep just fine, but only get a black screen when waking up. Same thing with SleepEnabler for 10.6.3.

It doesn't help that my Abit IP35 isn't exactly the most well documented Hackintosh platform around. Getting everything working in DSDT was quite a battle.

@Azimutz, Chokra and anyone who cares,

Andy (or someone from the voodoo team) already implemented one nifty feature that could save our lives when using the installer, I mean the test_kexts thing. Although I did not investigate on this yet, I was suggesting to Andy, to use this for the kexts selected by the installer. in the meantime, and if mkexts exist, we copy them forth and back without having to rebuild 'em. this way we honor architectures and we overcome the kextunpack handicap.

Is this understandable? what do u think? would this be away to investigate further into practice?

Goes to sleep just fine, but only get a black screen when waking up. Same thing with SleepEnabler for 10.6.3.

what about Graphic Card? did u patched it with dsdt already? I think this may not be related to bootloader. u better investigate other parts.

post your DSDT, will see what could be done (or not).

Greetz,

Ok @valv... what's to forget?? I can't remember anymore :angry:

Just, don't mix me with "groups"! That's not the way i operate. I'm not one of those guys that "crucify" others just because

they don't belong to the "group". Yes, let's forget this..! There are more important things to do and enjoy :(

welcome back my dear,

:(

thank u again for coming back to us

btw, what do u think about test kexts thing?

Greetz,

I mean this key

LoadTestDrivers=Yes|No Enable loading of test drivers from /Test/Extensions(.mkext)

what do u think ?

I mean this key

LoadTestDrivers=Yes|No Enable loading of test drivers from /Test/Extensions(.mkext)

what do u think ?

Sorry for late reply.. been testing booter...

Yeah, i know that one, i also have it on my test booter; pretty handy though there's already a way to do the same with a ramdisk.

Check the original patch and some talk about ramdisks, plus some of what i've been up to.

I really don't have time to focus on the installer right now and as you already understood, it's not one of my priorities.

Going to sleep on it.. i think i finally fixed what i wanted and in the process managed to add some more "hands off" functionality :blush:

Also, i was planing on a slightly different "type" of installer.. we'll see, the main problem is time; it's never enough!

Got to rest.. maybe i dream with the installer :rolleyes:

Later... zzzzzzzzzz

what about Graphic Card? did u patched it with dsdt already? I think this may not be related to bootloader. u better investigate other parts.

Didn't patch graphics card in DSDT. I use an EFI string in com.apple.boot.plist for my GTX 260. Sleeping and waking up doesn't seem to put any errors in logs either (at least not in system.log or kernel.log).

@Azimutz, Chokra and anyone who cares,

Andy (or someone from the voodoo team) already implemented one nifty feature that could save our lives when using the installer, I mean the test_kexts thing. Although I did not investigate on this yet, I was suggesting to Andy, to use this for the kexts selected by the installer. in the meantime, and if mkexts exist, we copy them forth and back without having to rebuild 'em. this way we honor architectures and we overcome the kextunpack handicap.

Is this understandable? what do u think? would this be away to investigate further into practice?

Greetz,

Ya! Ya! Ya! Aye Aye capitan. :thumbsup_anim:

That should do the trick. Moving the already existing .mkext to safe place, the restoring it back. :dance_24:

:pirate2: Or how about, in the ./postflight install script we could use a certain script / logic as under:

:whistle: Run a uname -a in the background -> it's output at the end would have either:

1) i386

or

2) x86_64

Now, based on that info, we could create sub-routined code to re-build the mkexts. :whistle:

That means, for i386, e have a different (standard/original) mkext rebuild command executed towards the end.

And, for X86_64, we could have the script I posted back on 2nd page. HERE

chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/
chown -Rf root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/
chmod -Rf 755 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/
kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/

chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/
chown -Rf root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/
chmod -Rf 755 /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/
kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/

What say?

At least this much programming logic I can turn up with. :P Silly ol' me. :wacko:

Regards,

Freaky Chokra -_-