Your Greatest Photos

Swad

191 posts in this topic

i'm only sixteen...been looking for a digital SLR for a bit...its between nikon d40x or canon rebel XT. whichever is cheaper because i don't do enough photography to warrant an expensive camera, but i do enough to need more than a point/shoot.

been on vacation this week, and i took a few shots that i'll share. most aren't full sized because when i finish editing in mac i usually save as .tiff and a copy as .png and they're between 1 and 6mb a piece.

purpleflower.jpg

this one i took while trying to get my sisters camera to actually focus close up...it took a while before that came out well.

bw1.jpg

i don't normally shoot black and white, although one of my friends will almost always shoot black and white...that one's better than a few others though. i'm not as used to the way colors mix down.

IMG_1716.jpg

a few minutes ago i took that...i recently covered my desk with pieces of plexiglas i have lying around that i never got to use for anything. the faint second reflection is only because its 1/4" thick.

IMG_1709.jpg

thats the last one i'll put up for now...i have a pentium 4 processor that'll be put in my sisters computer soon on my desk, i balanced it on a thumb pick for my guitar, the result isn't too bad.

none of these have been edited at all yet, so i can't wait for a better camera than i'm using now.

I took this picture in 1997 in England on a Canon EOS Rebel. I tried to upload more, but for some reason during the upload process of the second picture, the buttons for uploading and attaching just disappear.

post-96958-1188456981_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was going through vacation pictures last night and decided to work on this one a little...i seem to have gotten lazy with photo editing since school hit and i did more and more video editing.

i had to color balance, layer, and then change the opacity so that the color of the flower stood out more. taken with a Canon Powershot S410 4MP camera...came out pretty well, but i'm not sure if the lens would be capable of anything higher resolution.

post-125110-1194743134_thumb.jpg