Running 10.6.6

Chameleon RC5 Prerelease

Latest driver - Retail_256.01.00f03(v5)

Latest Cuda Driver, (2011-01-19)

System running very well

Cinibench score 33.81Fps

Mercury Playback working in CS5

Cuda supports the card natively.

No system freezes unless I run Perian, (weird). Swap Movist, no more issue.

As I understand it the GTX-470 and 480 have the same GPU as Quadro 4000 so it works. But the 460 and other 4xx cards don't have the same GPU, aren't supported and don't work well.

So if you are looking for a good card that works and can be used with Premiere I recommend the 470.

rabbit.

Just an update.

GTX-470 MSi Twin Frozer

Running 10.6.6

Chameleon RC5 Prerelease

System running very well

Cinibench score 33.81Fps

As I understand it the GTX-470 and 480 have the same GPU as Quadro 4000 so it works. But the 460 and other 4xx cards don't have the same GPU, aren't supported and don't work well.

So if you are looking for a good card that works and can be used with Premiere I recommend the 470.

rabbit.

points in cinebech?

@jpa

Re: Cinibench.

It is interesting.

With stock speeds, (BCLK-133, RAM,1333, CPU-3.33Ghz)

Cinibench is in the 27Fps range.

Push BCLK to 200, CPU-4Ghz, RAM-2000Mhz

Cinibench jumps up to >33.8 Fps

Pretty big jump. I didn't expect that from a simple BCLK push.

rabbit.

@jpa

Re: Cinibench.

It is interesting.

With stock speeds, (BCLK-133, RAM,1333, CPU-3.33Ghz)

Cinibench is in the 27Fps range.

Push BCLK to 200, CPU-4Ghz, RAM-2000Mhz

Cinibench jumps up to >33.8 Fps

Pretty big jump. I didn't expect that from a simple BCLK push.

rabbit.

thanks mmm

macpro is 5.1 or??

my new guide...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11221

mmm normal is 26.06 ftps

recomendations?

thanks

Is Quadro 4000 for Mac fully supported by OSX? From nVidia:

The model identifier should be MacPro3,1 or MacPro4,1 (2008 or 2009) or later | Note:  MacPro1,1 and MacPro2,1 are not compatible.

Also non-Mac-specific Quadro 4000 cards are slightly different with an extra MiniDisplay. Is anyone using either card and can comment on performance and hardware acceleration?

Thanks

@ cmf It doesn't seem like Apple is supporting desktop nvidia gpu's because of their jump ships to ati. I was actually hoping for more Fermi support because I want to get an nvidia card for the MPE in premiere pro cs5 but Apple seems to be going down the open cl route arm in arm with ati.

Divorced from nvidia (almost).

Remaried to ati (when I actually need CUDA).

:(

I am a long time reader here, and I just recently got a GTX 480 and its working great in my system. However, there's one exception which is when games load up FMV or intro graphics, they showed garbled icons or whatever was on screen prior (which I attached a picture I took of it doing just this). I've tested this with Portal and Age of Empires 3 and both do the same. However when it actually goes into the game itself, everything looks fine and runs fine. I was wondering if there was already a fix to this or if this issue is unique. I've tried both the offical nVidia driver and Tonymac's driver and the result is the same on both.

I have a PNY Geforce GTX 480 and a Asus P6T Deluxe V1 motherboard (using iReset's (formally iFabio) latest DSDT).

post-30757-1295751078_thumb.jpg

I am a long time reader here, and I just recently got a GTX 480 and its working great in my system. However, there's one exception which is when games load up FMV or intro graphics, they showed garbled icons or whatever was on screen prior (which I attached a picture I took of it doing just this). I've tested this with Portal and Age of Empires 3 and both do the same. However when it actually goes into the game itself, everything looks fine and runs fine. I was wondering if there was already a fix to this or if this issue is unique. I've tried both the offical nVidia driver and Tonymac's driver and the result is the same on both.

I have a PNY Geforce GTX 480 and a Asus P6T Deluxe V1 motherboard (using iReset's (formally iFabio) latest DSDT).

I have the same problem on gtx 470 - happened with both official nvidia driver and tonymac's

Yes macpro is 5.1

with /Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

rabbit.

Results:

Cinebech - 26.06

CPU: 4,98

Note: Macpro 4.1 - 5,77 - Macpro 5.1 - 6,77 - better macpro 3.1 - 26,06 in OPENGL

Better:

Geekbench

32 bits

64 bits

New Files

New - CUDA

Install... http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-3.2.17-driver.html and better points in Geekbech

- Move SleepEnabler 10.6.6 kext in Extra/Extensions

http://www.mediafire.com/?d15cdjl2de7a32w

Repair Permissions

Used kext Utility

Reboot

My Guide Update steps

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11221

Enjoy!

Just an update.

GTX-470 MSi Twin Frozer

Running 10.6.6

Chameleon RC5 Prerelease

System running very well

Cinibench score 33.81Fps

rabbit.

Latest Cuda Driver, (2011-01-19) link? or version

Is there some way to get sound through the HDMI port on the GTX 470? I use it all the time but now i cant..

I got it working with a VoodooHDA kext (having boot problems with them), but is there a way to get 5.1 audio? Im a big moviewatcher and i would really suck if i would have to listen to stereo all the time..

Edit: Cant get 5.1 with optical, so im wating for anyone with some good news about 5.1 via hdmi with the gtx 470... :<

Is there some way to get sound through the HDMI port on the GTX 470? I use it all the time but now i cant..

I got it working with a VoodooHDA kext (having boot problems with them), but is there a way to get 5.1 audio? Im a big moviewatcher and i would really suck if i would have to listen to stereo all the time..

Edit: Cant get 5.1 with optical, so im wating for anyone with some good news about 5.1 via hdmi with the gtx 470... :<

I had the problem that i could not use VoodooHDA with more than one device. To be more precise, ALC889 and GTX480. I always had to choose HDMI or Onboard and the quality was not so awesome.

I'm still curious if there is any other way to get Audio over HDMI without loosing ALC889. The Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 should use quite a similar Nvidia HD Audio Codec. By patching the Quadro part in AppleHDA.kext to 10de:0be5 it might work.

But there still are some basical questions:

• Does the Quadro card support HDMI Audio with OS X?
  • Which Audio Codec (ID) is used?
  • What is needed for DSDT Enabler?
  • Which AppleHDA Version works best? 10.6.4?

I used the following code by tmongkol without success:

Device (PEGP) //adding this device
{
Name (_ADR, 0x000[color="#FF0000"][b]3[/b][/color]0000) //using lspci tool for your graphic address
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) //based on Gigabyte DSDT
{
0x09,
0x05
})
Device (GFX0)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

Device (HDAU)
{
Name (_ADR, One)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}
}

Try this:

1. Verify HDMI audio DSDT edits

Run IORegistryExplorer and verify HDAU

PCI0 > PEGP > GFX0 > HDAU

2. Patch AppleHDA (GTX 480)

AppleHDA binary from 07 00 de 10 to 10 00 de 10 (4 times)

AppleHDAController binary from de 10 e4 0b to de 10 e5 0b (2 times)

Note: for the GTX 480, patch AppleHDA.kext 10.6.3 or 10.6.4, both work. (10.6.5 and 10.6.6 AppleHDA don't work at this time with Nvidia graphics cards)

3. Fix permissions

4. Reboot with HDMI device plugged into GTX 480

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Try to get my Zotac Gtx 460 768Mb card get working in the system.

Have Chameleon r699, 10.6.6. Tried several things, nvidia and "tweaked" drivers, install methods, only with half success. The card recognized in sys.prof (except the dev id 0x0e24 not 0x0e22), and can use only 1280x1027 with slow motions without any acccel.... Card type recognized well in bootlader

Got KP-s only when an NV injector was present, as I deleted it, got trough.(or delete the nvdagf100hal kext)

And if I add the cute NVresman kext I have only black screen after startup, the system seems running without picture on screen. Tried to add the card type into plist...

So if anyone could post an Nvresman with same setup, that would be great (if that is the solution)

Thanks

Cheers

SOLVED

Results:

Cinebech - 26.06

CPU: 4,98

Note: Macpro 4.1 - 5,77 - Macpro 5.1 - 6,77 - better macpro 3.1 - 26,06 in OPENGL

Graphics card DeviceID needs to find match in info.plist of AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.

within the appropriate model section, find:

<key>Vendor10deDevice[color="#FF0000"]0640[/color]</key>

This Device should match load and AGPM. GTX470 is Device60cd. Would guess Device6040 corresponds to a GF100-based card for Mac. Long-term stability has yet been tested, but native PM enabled via DSDt, loading ACPUPM.

Chameleon.RC5.699 GraphicsEnabler=Y

check it

I'm trying to install a GeForce 450 (EVGA 1024MB) into my machine. After doing what the guide in the first post said, I no longer have black borders around my screen while running at low resolution, like before I installed stuff. However, if I try to log in, the background switches to my desktop, fades to blue, and I'm back at the login screen. Is this a common issue or anything? My screen resolution is normal and everything. I'm on 10.6.6.

It works if I go into Safe Boot, but I lack QE/CI and Minecraft crashes on login with an OpenGL error. The card shows up properly in System Profiler.

I'm trying to install a GeForce 450 (EVGA 1024MB) into my machine. After doing what the guide in the first post said, I no longer have black borders around my screen while running at low resolution, like before I installed stuff. However, if I try to log in, the background switches to my desktop, fades to blue, and I'm back at the login screen. Is this a common issue or anything? My screen resolution is normal and everything. I'm on 10.6.6.

It works if I go into Safe Boot, but I lack QE/CI and Minecraft crashes on login with an OpenGL error. The card shows up properly in System Profiler.

The same thing happened to me when I tried the TonyMac drivers... Use the offical nvidia ones... That fixed it for me.

10.7 update: no NVDAGF100Hal.kext -_-

and also no ptx 2.x support in the opencl.framework.

very disappointing ...

Which are the ones provided in the first post? Are those the TonyMac ones or the Nvidia ones?

nvidia, of course