fermi/gtx 480/gtx 470

cmf

1,729 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

just installed the actual 10.6.4 Beta (google is your friend) but unfortunately it seems that there is no support for my gtx 470. OSX identifies the Card as PCIE 16x with 64 MB RAM with a max. resolution of 1024x768.

Despite that everything's working good, but with poor gfx so far.

Hope someone out there might have some idea?!

Cheers

Hi guys.....i have the same problem because i have a GTX480 but it dosn't work on my Hackintosh.....(you can see my config below).....

Somebody can help me?

Can someone tell me how to run the gtx480 even at low resolution?

Because i use my hackintosh to create software for my iPod!

(I'm a programmer! - Java - C - HTML - Objective C 2.0)

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me lkelly2006 but at this time can you use your hackintosh with your GTX480 with low resolution?

However i have a 7500 LE and i try to use only it and it works! but the problem is if i can use GTX480 and 7500 LE

together? And if i can disabled 7500 LE on Windows Seven......

Thanks for all!

Excuse me lkelly2006 but at this time can you use your hackintosh with your GTX480 with low resolution?

However i have a 7500 LE and i try to use only it and it works! but the problem is if i can use GTX480 and 7500 LE

together? And if i can disabled 7500 LE on Windows Seven......

Thanks for all!

Yes, you can run it with low resolution but for my needs that defeats the purpose :-).

Hi fishinrocks95, i'm interested to use my gtx480 at 1440x900....will work or not? However are you using a particoular

kext? If it is, can you upload or send me it? (franklana@hotmail.it)

is Urgent!!! Because i must programming for iPod Touch!!!

Thanks!!

I am currently running 10.6.3 SL on my hackintosh with a GTX 470 with a max res of 1600x1200 and 64 MB VRAM. System worked fine until i ditched my two GTS 250's anyone know of any upcoming support / kexts please?

How did you get the 470 to work?

Hi fishinrocks95, i'm interested to use my gtx480 at 1440x900....will work or not? However are you using a particoular

kext? If it is, can you upload or send me it? (franklana@hotmail.it)

is Urgent!!! Because i must programming for iPod Touch!!!

Thanks!!

I changed the setting in Chameleon to achieve 1600x1200. I don't know if VESA supports 1440x900 but 1600x1200 definitely works.

My Chameleon config file is "/Extra/Themes/*****/theme.plist"

***** .....stands for your Theme name.

Change or add these settings for a higher 1600x1200 resolution:

<key>boot_height</key>

<string>1200</string>

<key>boot_width</key>

<string>1600</string>

Prova a modificare il file in /extra/apple.boot.com aggiungendo la stringa:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

Modifica la risoluzione con quella che fa al caso tuo.! Quando incolli la stringa assicurati di rispettare gli spazi...

Try to add this string in /extra/apple.boot.com:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

Change this with your resolution...

So is it pretty much a given that there will be drivers to support the GTX 480 on the Mac side, or is it more of an assumption?

I'm thinking of getting one, but I want to be sure it will (one day soon) be able to work under OSX.

So is it pretty much a given that there will be drivers to support the GTX 480 on the Mac side, or is it more of an assumption?

I'm thinking of getting one, but I want to be sure it will (one day soon) be able to work under OSX.

Well I sure hope so. I have a GTX470 sitting in a box about 3 feet from me and I'm using a 9500GT just to able to use my Hack. Not sure how long we will have to wait though. I'm hoping some really good programmer will write some drivers outside of Apple, just because there is no clear indication that this will ever happen.

Sith :unsure:

Well I sure hope so. I have a GTX470 sitting in a box about 3 feet from me and I'm using a 9500GT just to able to use my Hack. Not sure how long we will have to wait though. I'm hoping some really good programmer will write some drivers outside of Apple, just because there is no clear indication that this will ever happen.

Sith :wallbash:

Would it be possible to just use a Mac approved card (like the 9500GT) for the Mac side of things and the GTX470 for Windows, and then just use a HDMI switch or something? Or would that just confuse the computer when booting?

Excuse me but can i resolve the problem by simply install the *.dmg or i must extract the specify kext??

i couldn't install it directly, it probably checks if a gtx 285 is installed.

so if you don't have a gtx 285, you'll have to extract all (!) kexts and copy them to /System/Library/Extensions (replacing the old ones).

Would it be possible to just use a Mac approved card (like the 9500GT) for the Mac side of things and the GTX470 for Windows, and then just use a HDMI switch or something? Or would that just confuse the computer when booting?

I have thought of trying that before but I'm not sure the MAC OS will pick the 9500GT and the Win7 pick the GTX470.

I am duel booting (via F8 drive selection on boot up) Having both cards in the system and being able to assign which one is for which OS would be awesome. I'm just not sure if and how it could be done.

Sith

I have thought of trying that before but I'm not sure the MAC OS will pick the 9500GT and the Win7 pick the GTX470.

I am duel booting (via F8 drive selection on boot up) Having both cards in the system and being able to assign which one is for which OS would be awesome. I'm just not sure if and how it could be done.

Sith

Something you might try is set your 9500 GT to be a dedicated PhysX card in Win7 and then have your GTX 470 be your primary video card. If that doesn't work, you can set your primary display in the Screen Resolution properties. You might even try disabling the 9500 GT from the device manager. I will be doing the same thing soon with my 9500 GT and GTX 470 when I finish my new computer build. I would first try the Physx option and then try the rest if that doesn't work.