fermi/gtx 480/gtx 470

cmf

1,729 posts in this topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

howto:

1. install 10.6.4

2. grab fermi package 2010/08/03 from here (mirrors are welcome): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NIO5MC6F

3. install bootloader located in bootloader/

4. add this to your boot plist if you haven't done so already:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	 <string>Yes</string>

5. copy all kexts from kexts/ to /System/Library/Extensions (replace old ones)

6. copy all frameworks from frameworks/ to /System/Library/Frameworks (replace old ones)

7. clear caches and reboot, or reboot and ignore caches on boot-up

note: although the bootloader and nvdagf100hal.kext may support your device, os x in general (all other geforce kexts) may not!

Hi all....

I've follow the guide , but when the OS startup the monitor shutdown!!!!!

Any ideas??

I use Hazard 10.6.3

Thank you

Hi all....

I've follow the guide , but when the OS startup the monitor shutdown!!!!!

Any ideas??

I use Hazard 10.6.3

Thank you

howto:

1. install 10.6.4

2. grab fermi package 2010/08/03 from here (mirrors are welcome): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NIO5MC6F

3. install bootloader located in bootloader/

4. add this to your boot plist if you haven't done so already:

Duh!

Have the same problem. Using 10.6.4 installed with EmpireEFI and with Chameleon Bootloaeder. Runs perfect with my GTX260 with AND without EFI String. Now installed an GTX460, followed your updated Guide from 3rd August, but after showing the booting Apple Screen, the screen runs black, nothing happens, tried several Graphic- Connectors at my Card...

I first removed the EFI String from the boot.plist

Second, I removed an old nvenabler64.kext from the kexts directory :-)

third, i replaced alle Frameworks and kext/bundle Files out of your Archive to my Snow Lepard System (replace, not overwrite!)

fourth, i copied the one boot-File to my root and replaced the old boot-File (whats up with all the other bootxyz-Files in your Archive, don´t understand/know them!?)

Last but not least, i repaired all permissions through the HD-Util, than shutdown, reboot -> 1st try with my old GTX260 runs perfect. After this -> Shutdown again, replaced Card with GTX460, reboot and... you know what happens (s.o). I put in the GTX260 again and it works perfect - confused :-&%

P.S. I installed the kexts and bundles with the Kextutil, to flush the cache properly.

P.S.S. The "0x0e2010de&0xffe0ffff" String seems to be already included in the NVDAResman.kext Info.plist, no need to edit, right?

Update: Oh well. stop, stop, stop.... I never installed Chameleon manually, only with GUI. Maybe its my fault. I overwrite only the boot File for root, ignoring completly the other boot-Files in the Archive. i Found a howto here in the Forum on how to install all the Chameleon Files manually via Terminal. But the tutorial uses only boot, boot0 and boot1h... Ok, but what about the other boot-files like boot1hp, boot0hfs, chain0 and so on??!? More confused than before, arglllll

Unnecessary.

I know,..

we like helping people here and all but.

people should take the time to search and read first (thats what we do all the time before posting)

but,.... man!, he was quoting it "10.6.4" already ;)

couldn't prevent myself paying "1 duh" though :D

I am sorry, no personal offense to PablitoMAC.

@rabbit: any luck with the new drivers?

I really don't know what lies ahead.

but I doubt the 460s will work in the near future (based on what we have with these leaked drivers)

you can wait, or:

you can either get a 465 and flash it to 470 (read the thread to figure out which brands worked), or get a 470gtx.

or you can go the other way with a hd5850.

its your choice.

I really don't know what lies ahead.

but I doubt the 460s will work in the near future (based on what we have with these leaked drivers)

you can wait, or:

you can either get a 465 and flash it to 470 (read the thread to figure out which brands worked), or get a 470gtx.

or you can go the other way with a hd5850.

its your choice.

Err ok - but no thanks, ATI is not my choice :-) I´m 100% nvidia because of many ATI-Driver-Problems in actual Games running under Windows.

I bought the GTX460 because of the less Powerconsuming GF104 Chip and the smaller PCB-Design. The 465 or 470 will be not my choice :-)

Mybe it´s betetr to transfer future GTX460/GF104 Discussions to a separate Thread?!

P.S.: Sorry about my awful english :-) My last english-lesson was in the 80s, I´m from germany ...

Err ok - but no thanks, ATI is not my choice :-) I´m 100% nvidia because of many ATI-Driver-Problems in actual Games running under Windows.

I bought the GTX460 because of the less Powerconsuming GF104 Chip and the smaller PCB-Design. The 465 or 470 will be not my choice :-)

Mybe it´s betetr to transfer future GTX460/GF104 Discussions to a separate Thread?!

P.S.: Sorry about my awful english :-) My last english-lesson was in the 80s, I´m from germany ...

haha.. don't sweat it.

if the 465/470 are not your choice and you don't wanna wait for the 460,

you can get a cheaper 260/275 GTX and keep the $$ change for an English teacher :D

:)

Anyway to get the 4xx series to work on 10.5.8?

Want to upgrade my card for Starcraft but don't want to reinstall the OS

Why would you not upgrade? It's made really easy if you use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. Not the process it was before. :(

And to answer your question, there is no 4xx support under 10.5.

people should take the time to search and read first (thats what we do all the time before posting)

but,.... man!, he was quoting it "10.6.4" already :shock:

couldn't prevent myself paying "1 duh" though :D

I am sorry, no personal offense to PablitoMAC.

@rabbit: any luck with the new drivers?

I read every single page of this post and somewere, someone have installed on 10.6.3

However it's better don't replay....

I Know that the answear are in the post ...don't worry

THX

Hey all,

Been lurking on this thread for a while, trying to get my 460 working. So far I'm in the same position as others: kexts are loaded but no output to the display (ie. monitor goes into standby) when it's booted. I can shell into the machine fine so it's not crashed, just the graphics aren't working.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try the updated instructions as the megaupload link is down, but I applied the new chameleon patch & installed that, and I have the same result: no video output (although it does look like it's detecting the memory on the video card correctly as 1GB).

cmf: Happy to try any other ideas you might have to get the 460 working & a massive thanks for all your efforts so far!

Just a thought: I know this is a long shot but has anyone tried the HDMI output on their 460 when the machine's booted with the blank display? I'd try now but I don't have an HDMI cable to hand.

Update: Oh well. stop, stop, stop.... I never installed Chameleon manually, only with GUI. Maybe its my fault. I overwrite only the boot File for root, ignoring completly the other boot-Files in the Archive. i Found a howto here in the Forum on how to install all the Chameleon Files manually via Terminal. But the tutorial uses only boot, boot0 and boot1h... Ok, but what about the other boot-files like boot1hp, boot0hfs, chain0 and so on??!? More confused than before, arglllll

yeah, installing the bootloader = "installing" boot0, boot1h and boot :shock:

the other files are only needed, well, if you need them ... seems like windows or grub boot file (chain0), cd boot file, extra hfs partition boot file, etc ...? i only put them into the package for completeness sake.

Anyway to get the 4xx series to work on 10.5.8?

if you can get hold of the original 10.5 drivers that contain the nvdagf100hal.kext, this shouldn't be a problem. but chances that someone has these are pretty low.

Hey all,

Been lurking on this thread for a while, trying to get my 460 working. So far I'm in the same position as others: kexts are loaded but no output to the display (ie. monitor goes into standby) when it's booted. I can shell into the machine fine so it's not crashed, just the graphics aren't working.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try the updated instructions as the megaupload link is down, but I applied the new chameleon patch & installed that, and I have the same result: no video output (although it does look like it's detecting the memory on the video card correctly as 1GB).

cmf: Happy to try any other ideas you might have to get the 460 working & a massive thanks for all your efforts so far!

Just a thought: I know this is a long shot but has anyone tried the HDMI output on their 460 when the machine's booted with the blank display? I'd try now but I don't have an HDMI cable to hand.

Well...

It´s the same black screen with HDMI... :-(

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try the updated instructions as the megaupload link is down

meh, either megaupload load balancing is crappy or something blocks you from downloading it. link still works for me, but i'll add some mirrors.

but I applied the new chameleon patch & installed that, and I have the same result: no video output (although it does look like it's detecting the memory on the video card correctly as 1GB).

well, at least some progress :)

didn't your graphic card box contain an hdmi cable? mine had a mini-hdmi to hdmi cable in it.

but i'd be surprised if thats the problem.

I read every single page of this post and somewere, someone have installed on 10.6.3

However it's better don't replay....

I Know that the answear are in the post ...don't worry

THX

Man, we are here to help as much as we can, BUT after you follow the instructions exactly and happens that there is something wrong to figure out..

but as you've seen the instructions in the first post, 10.6.4 is no.1 , and I doubt if these drivers worked for anybody with 10.6.3.

we are glad here to help, and no one is forcing us to though...

follow the instruction, and if there is anything wrong happens, we are here to help.

take it easy :)

I just found Open GL Extension Viewer on my Hackintosh got performace slower after update to 10.6.4., so I think not problem with fermi gtx 4xx on 10.6.4 which most people here face on this issue.

After I re-install OSX and update to 10.6.3 the score Open GL Ext viewer comes to normal.

Anyone faces this issue same with me?

Note: I found this problem with Geforce GTS250.

Just report.

Thanks

PS. Thanks to cmf for your mirror dowload link, now I got your fermi package already, I will try with your instruction and report back later.