*NEW* AsereBLN Booter Version 1.1.8

DarwinX

25 posts in this topic

AsereBLN Booter

AsereBLN Booter Version 1.1.8

• Fixed the font swapping bug (small & console font) for the Booter with an embedded theme.
  • Fixed an issue with memory detection for some mainboard (2 slot only mainboards).
  • Added support for PM45 northbridge memory controller.
  • Added memory manufactor lookup for: Hynix, Nanya, KingMax, Qimonda and SuperTalent.
  • Added nVidia GT240 device lookup.
  • You can now hide HFS partitions too using “Hide Partition†in com.apple.Boot.plist.
  • Made the verbose output the using nVidia/ATI ROM’s more useful.
  • Fixed a bug with sprintf (rek).
  • Merged hibernation fix from Chameleon repo (46).
  • Made verbosity at early bootstage useable.
  • Bugfixes.

Fixed a bug with sprintf (rek).

sprintf from rek (rekursor)?

aside from memory detection, anyone has a personal opinion as to which is better? RC5pre8 by rekursor + many others or the one man team AsereBLN boot v1.1.8?

ive used both but i can't tell the difference.

TY for the response ;)

I never had a problem with the previous three versions from ASERE except the cosmetic font bug but this new 1.1.8 causes a KP as soon as my 4870 drivers load. Gone back to using the latest Netkas which does not detect memory but does graphics well. Might try again with 1.1.8 when there is an installer—this last time I just updated 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 by dragging boot across to the USB stick and maybe that is what is causing the KP.

In terms of speed difference, I think there is none.

Does this bootloader can be uses as boot file only (replace chameleon boot) or must we also install the others (boot1h & Co) ? Thanks

personaly i just replace chameleon boot loader in terminal with : sudo cp boot_with_embedded_theme /boot

and it works great

personaly i just replace chameleon boot loader in terminal with : sudo cp boot_with_embedded_theme /boot

and it works great

there are some modifications also to boot1h and boot0 so it's better to install all them together, the cange made are visible on github source

Those files aren't getting picked up by Lizard...

Is anyone here up for making a proper installer for this one?

2uzqk5g.png

Which version of Lizrad are you using? Im asking because I have v0.6 but your Lizard looks much improved when I have.

there are some modifications also to boot1h and boot0 so it's better to install all them together, the cange made are visible on github source

Anybody knows what are the changes in boot1h and boot0?

As far as I know, when Asere made the boot file, he said to also install boot1h and boot0 because the "chameleon team" made changes in RC4.

I already have boot1h and boot0 from RC4 when rc4 was initially released. So I just copied the boot file and seems to work fine. Did Asere made changes with these files as well? Or is he using the Rc4 original files?

THanks!

Hello to everybody, I'm trying to figure out the correct way of setting manually my SMUUID.

Note: I replaced all MAC address characters but the last one.

Method without PlatformUUID.kext:

When setting to com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>system-id</key>
<string>No</string>

and to smbios.plist this:

<key>SMUUID</key>
<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-00aaaaaaaaa9</string>

when chameleon starts it displays system-id 00000000-0000-1000-8000-00aaaaaaaaa9 so it's correct, but when I open SystemProfiler it shows 00000000-0000-1000-8000-00aaaaaaaaa8. Not the UUID I want.

Method with PlatformUUID.kext:

When setting to com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>system-id</key>
<string>No</string>

remove from smbios.plist this:

<key>SMUUID</key>
<string>00000000-0000-1000-8000-00aaaaaaaaa9</string>

and add my PlatformUUID.kext with my 00000000-0000-1000-8000-00aaaaaaaaa9 on it.

when chameleon starts it displays system-id 00000000-0000-1000-8000-00aaaaaaaaa8, but when I open SystemProfiler it shows 00000000-0000-1000-8000-00aaaaaaaaa9. The UUID I want, but why when it boots it shows different?

I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance.

It gave me memory fault and cant even go to chameleon menu using the boot. or the boot_with_debugs file.

The screen said about memory allocation fault on gui.c.

However the booting is not fail if using the boot_with_embedded_theme. file ???

I use Nvidia 8600GT add-on video cards on G31 chipset motherboards with Intel GMA3100 disabled; OSX 10.6.2 myhack installer.

After I clean the USB stick, I installed AsereBLN Booter Version 1.1.8 to it and then boot the system in my local hard disk through the bootable USB stick.

There's only one snow leopard system in my local hard disk.

I boot the system with -v flag and the log will show: devfs_kernel_mount:fa, and the system will hung finally.

If I install AsereBLN Booter Version 1.1.8 to the harddisk, everything goes fine.

• 1 month later...

Version 1.1.9 has been released for a long time, please update

Update Version 1.1.9:

Added nVidia ION device lookup.

Added a feature to set/override the nVidia NVCAP value using NVCAP_ key in com.apple.Boot.plist.

If you want to override the NVCAP value, you must determine the PCI DeviceID of your graphic card. For instance: my new GTX260 has the DeviceID 0×05e2. Knowing the DeviceID add this to your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>NVCAP_05e2</key>

<string>0000000000000000000000000000000000000000</string>

The NVCAP value is exactly 20 bytes long. You have to specify it using ASCII-HEX (0-9,a-f).

Sources under http://github.com/aserebln/Chameleon

It could be downloaded from here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3D6CTY9F

http://rapidshare.com/files/368361454/Boot...eBLN_v1.1.9.zip

Homepage http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=...hlight=aserebln

• 1 month later...

a new chameleon is over here

This is based on the Chameleon 2.0rc5pre7 from the Anv's branch. It loads every kind of ACPI Tables + honors the smbios.plist file & many more. watch out

• 2 months later...
Works here ok! would be good to get an installer for the new version.

You can do this yourself. It is very easy. Go and get the latest 1.1.9 from github or what not. Add the files to the boot portion in the installer. You should be able to right click installer, which allows you to show content, from there open contents, double click resources and replace files inside boot folder with all the matching new ones you just downloaded. Done. Close the window. You will now have a 1.1.9 AsereBLN installer. ;)

Ahh I did think about doing that! Honestly!

Well seems this bootload helps me get rid of the restart kexts! How can I get back intel Xeon CPU in about this mac?

It changed it to something a bit long with @ signs

677mhz ram now ar 800mhz! what it should be! would be good to get rid of the @ sign

AsereBLN Booter

AsereBLN Booter Version 1.1.8

• Fixed the font swapping bug (small & console font) for the Booter with an embedded theme.
  • Fixed an issue with memory detection for some mainboard (2 slot only mainboards).
  • Added support for PM45 northbridge memory controller.
  • Added memory manufactor lookup for: Hynix, Nanya, KingMax, Qimonda and SuperTalent.
  • Added nVidia GT240 device lookup.
  • You can now hide HFS partitions too using �€œHide Partition�€� in com.apple.Boot.plist.
  • Made the verbose output the using nVidia/ATI ROM�€™s more useful.
  • Fixed a bug with sprintf (rek).
  • Merged hibernation fix from Chameleon repo (46).
  • Made verbosity at early bootstage useable.
  • Bugfixes.

Im a little Bit confused !

whats new ? 1.1.8 ! I use AsereBln Booter 1.1.9 ?

Look here ....http://efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=644

Im a little Bit confused !

whats new ? 1.1.8 ! I use AsereBln Booter 1.1.9 ?

Look here ....http://efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=644

Update Version 1.1.8:

1. Fixed the font swapping bug (small & console font) for the Booter with an embedded theme.

2. Fixed an issue with memory detection for some mainboard (2 slot only mainboards).

3. Added support for PM45 northbridge memory controller.

4. Added memory manufactor lookup for: Hynix, Nanya, KingMax, Qimonda and SuperTalent.

5. Added nVidia GT240 device lookup.

6. You can now hide HFS partitions too using “Hide Partition” in com.apple.Boot.plist.

7. Made the verbose output the using nVidia/ATI ROM’s more useful.

8. Fixed a bug with sprintf (rek).

9. Merged hibernation fix from Chameleon repo (46).

10. Made verbosity at early bootstage useable.

11. Bugfixes.

Update Version 1.1.9:

1. Added nVidia ION device lookup.

2. Added a feature to set/override the nVidia NVCAP value using NVCAP_ key in com.apple.Boot.plist.

There ya go. Follow your own link and look at the changes. 1.1.9 has been out for a while. This thread was created when 1.1.8 was new.