AppleIntelE1000e.kext for 10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5

hnak

751 posts in this topic

I've been running a Hackintosh a few days now but only hit the collapsing network stack problem tonight. I tend to be flitting back and forth between Windows 7 and OS X 10.10.1, and haven't yet done much heavy network traffic on the OS X side but tons on the Windows side.

I have an Asus Z97-A motherboard with the Intel Gigabit I218-V and had used the AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0 driver from Multicast 7.1.1. Earlier today I noticed the "e1000_x_map: failed to getphyiscalsegment" errors in the console around the time I started installing Star Trek Online (about a 10GB install), and had been streaming music from iTunes on another machine. 

Then about an hour ago the network just disappeared and the console was filling up with "kernel[0]: AppleIntelE1000e(Err): Detected Hardware Unit Hang", which after various bits of searching lead me here. (I did have problems accessing an SMB share last night from my Mackintosh to my MacBook Pro where I was getting Finder error -36 coping a 2mb file onto the MBP, I'm curious if it was related)

I'm pleased and hopeful that Mieze's new driver will do the trick when he finishes it though I'm tempted to get one of those USB 3 -> Ethernet adapters if I can find one in Cyberport that supports Macs. Thanks for your hard work!

I have occasionally seen oddness with the Intel Gigabit I218-V on the Asus Z97-A under Windows 7. A couple of times now I've had multi gigabyte copies across the network start at 100+MB/s and then from about half way through drop to 20MB/s, or simply fail. The subsequent attempt works perfectly.

I've just built a new machine with Z87X-D3H - everything works great but the network is really slow and sometimes will time out during a long transfer. For some idea of the speed - it takes around 10+ mins to transfer a 7GB file.

The device ID is 153b which should be supported ok with this driver, I've tried multiple versions in 10.8 and 10.9 with the same results.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Yes, just got to that page in this epic thread and tried it!

But sadly there is no change.

It's getting to the point now where I think I should check the entire network chain to see if there's a bottleneck somewhere. I do have a Windows 7 box which I can drag out to verify this.

edit- OK so I think this might be related to my ethernet cables. I am going to try some new ones next week and report back.

edit 2 - I managed to find 2 decent ethernet cables for the Mac and the NAS to test file copying, and it's now fine and everything is running at Gigabit (I realised things were at 100mbit before).

Sorry for the false alarm, I lost most of today trying to figure this one out  :cry:  Let this be a lesson to always check the basics first  :blush:

Thank you to hnak and other contributors for all the hard work on this driver!

I've been fighting with this issue since moving to Yosemite. Sucked. I regularly backup my Final Cut and Logic projects to a hackintosh server... needless to say, it's been painful to do. I happened to have a couple Intel CT Gigabit adaptors (82574L) sitting around. I put one in the server and one in my HackPro then used linux to change the Device ID's (as mentioned on the last page).

Problem solved. So much better!!!! Thanks a ton for that tip folks. Speeds are up to 75 mb/sec (upload) according to activity monitor.

Yes... I can confirm that with  Intel CT Gigabit adaptors (82574L everything is working perfectly .... I've transfered more than 2TB ... and I ~80MB/s constantly. 

I'm pleased and hopeful that Mieze's new driver will do the trick when he finishes it though I'm tempted to get one of those USB 3 -> Ethernet adapters if I can find one in Cyberport that supports Macs. Thanks for your hard work!

Although I'm slowly making progress, I still haven't managed to finish work on the new driver. As these Intel NIC's are very complex, there are a lot of pitfalls you'll have to get around. It's not working stable on the 82574L I used for the first tests. This evening I tried with an i217 and it worked almost perfectly but unfortunately when Yung Raj tested it on his board, which is equipped with the i217 too, it turned out to be unstable. Maybe there is still a power management issue or the chip's configuration isn't correct. I'll have to dig a little bit deeper before I can make it publicly available.

Mieze  :cat:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

@Mieze - Great news!!!

Your new version is working on my T420. (device 1502).  I have only been using it for a few hours. before I was using the 2.4.14 version as that was the only version that did not hang in a short time when transferring large files.  i will keep you posted if i see any issues. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have a weird issue today...after installing Windows 10 on another HDD, I cannot get an IP on my Yosemite hacks!!! I have 2 installs (2 HDDs) and on both I cannot get an IP now, after the Win install. Also, during the Windows install, also there I could not get an IP, only after installing manually a driver from asus (I have maximus formula VI MB). But here, on the OS X......nothing :( 

• 4 months later...

I've just updated hnak kext with the newest linux driver 3.3.1, which gives i219-LM support.

It still doesn't work with i219-v (which was added in previous version)

Edit:
new version of the file uploaded - working i219v - all credits goes to alreadystarted

CFBundleIdentifier missing/invalid type in kext EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\AppleIntelE1000e.kext - Not loading for me.  Easy enough fix, but looks like it doesn't have the CFBundleIdentifier set correctly.

Thank you iStigPL and alreadystarted!  After a little edit kext is working fine and working i219-v!

CFBundleIdentifier missing/invalid type in kext EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\AppleIntelE1000e.kext - Not loading for me.  Easy enough fix, but looks like it doesn't have the CFBundleIdentifier set correctly.

Thank you iStigPL and alreadystarted!  After a little edit kext is working fine and working i219-v!

What edit did you do? I'm getting that error as well.

oops ;-)  thanks for information.

new file uploaded - please redownload :-) now all should be ok

oops ;-)  thanks for information.

new file uploaded - please redownload :-) now all should be ok

Sorry, not ok here

Change: > CFBundleIdentifier: "com.iStig.driver" to "com.iStig.driver.AppleIntelE1000e" work

Change both: > CFBundleIdentifier & > IOKitPersonalities > e1000e > CFBundleIdentifier to original "com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e" should work

Hello everyone,

I'm currently running a supermicro board (X9DAi) on 10.9.5, on my side AppleIGB is terribly unstable, and produces 90% of the time kernel panics.

Has anyone here experienced that too ? If so, how did you circumvent that problem ? the nics are Intel's i350.

I've tried using the IntelE1000.kext and adding the devices ID's from the AppleIGB, and strangely the NIC seems to be recognized, but is unable to do DHCP or to effectively send information. I tried setting a manual IP and pinging outside doesn't work (not even the router).

Any ideas ? I have a screenshot of the KP if needed.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

AppleIntelE100e.kext not working

version 2.4.14, 2.7.3, 3 and 3.2

Im  use myHack and install Maverick

Note on Lion work perfectly

that is the screen verbose

thanks

Only run on verbose

AppleIntelE1000e (info): Interrupt Trottling Rate (ints/sec) set to dynamic conserva....

AppleIntelE1000e (info): changing MTU fron 0 to 1500

But no show address and not connect on maverick

need some hand

• Like 1