GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

1,771 posts in this topic

James Litter -for 10.7.4 you could take the appleHDA.kext i posted above #1345 for 10.7.3 and just replace info.plist in /AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/

and layout12.xml and Platforms.xml in /AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/.

The kext uses layoutid 12.

Repair Permissions and delete caches in Terminal:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/*

Reboot and enjoy Sound

Thanks for the input though unfortunately that didn't work.

I took your kext and replaced the info.plist in:

/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/

with the one from the original 10.7.4 AppleHDA and did the same with layout12.xml and Platforms.xml.

Is that what you meant, or did you mean to use your info.plist, layout12.xml and Platforms.xml in the new 10.7.4 kext?

Patched AppleHDA attached.

This is for 10.7.4 and Mountain Lion.

Use Layout ID 12 (0x0C) in your HDEF device.

This is definitvely no mountain lion applehda.kext since apple uses zlib compression for the xml files since mountain lion dp3

I updated the machine to 10.7.4 using the combo updater.

After patching AppleRTC (this is important, using the perl command line) and AppleHDA (copying platforms.xml and layout885.xml) the unit seems normal.

There is a new line in kernel.log, but from what I read in this forum, somebody said even the original macbookpro has this message.

The suggestion is to use AppleSMC 10.7.3, but I think this 10.7.4 kext does it automatically "fall back to old SMC mode"

May 24 03:01:49 localhost kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

• 1 month later...

anyone tried 10.8 GM?

the are 2 issues that I noticed:

- CMOS reset after sleep => solved by patching, see rayap post here

- audio => the usual platform and layout change I used for 10.7 don't work obviously, I haven't investigated further. Meanwhile I am using the kexts from digital_dreamer installation package, I think it is an older version of AppleHDA, not sure from which release.

Anyone booting with Clover?

I am about to do a clean install and am thinking of making the switch.

My main concerns are RTC, HDA kexts, proper Sleep, HDMI w/audio.

Who out there is a user, and how easy is it to migrate your build config to start using Clover?

anyone tried 10.8 GM?

the are 2 issues that I noticed:

- CMOS reset after sleep => solved by patching, see rayap post here

- audio => the usual platform and layout change I used for 10.7 don't work obviously, I haven't investigated further. Meanwhile I am using the kexts from digital_dreamer installation package, I think it is an older version of AppleHDA, not sure from which release.

I'm on Mountain Lion GM and since I only use 2-channel audio, I can't remark on 5.1 or digital out, but everything is working great other than that. 2-Channel audio works OOTB with the OP's modified DSDT. I haven't had any CMOS resets after sleep, I have even verified that WakeOnLAN works. Boot time is amazing with kernelcache and kextcache (kextcache needed kexts to be in S/L/E and not E/E).

there are several variations on how to patch (especially the audio part), if we do a permutation on the combinations, it is enormous.

my unit is using the dsdt made by d00d, and it is working fine in 10.8 except the audio part has to resort to a another version of kext.

Updated to 10.7.4

Having trouble getting sound to work. Tried the one from my 10.7.3 and no go.

GA-X58A-UD5 rev.2 FB

ALC889.

Any suggestions out there?

What is best/cost effective current USB/firewire solution?

Updated to 10.8 GM everything working except audio.

I have it enabled but no output apart from Apple TV.

I've tried replacing the Layout12.xml.zlib (injected via DSDT) with a working version for 885 from 10.7.4 (compressed to zlib) but this hasn't made any difference.

ALC889a

Updated to 10.7.4

Having trouble getting sound to work. Tried the one from my 10.7.3 and no go.

GA-X58A-UD5 rev.2 FB

ALC889.

Any suggestions out there?

What is best/cost effective current USB/firewire solution?

I like this USB device as an alternative to getting built-in audio to work: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KW2YEI/ It's USB codec is supported in OS X. It works well, although I discovered the optical output is mono, not stereo. The headphone output is stereo.

For other hardware alternatives, if you want Firewire 800, or built-in Firewire doesn't work, this card works with OS X: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S53IG8/ It has a Firewire header as well as the external connectors.

Also, for network problems there's this card that d00d recommended: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106033 It's supported by IONetworkFamily after a simple patch to add the device id in the Intel82574L plugin.

The problem is that I would really like the use of HDMI audio, which I had working previously in 10.7.3.

I did a fresh install, not sure why old kext won't work.

Who has ALC889 working in 10.7.4?

Anyone with nVidia HDMI too?

Mountain Lion sleeps fine

but mountain lion server fails to sleep

I figured out my sleep issue..the culprit is my apple iSight. If I unplug it the system sleeps instantly.

wow great observation

finally fixed my sleep issue

Hmmm got mountain lion installed quite easily. Things seem to be great just had to reapply audio fix. However, I'm having an issue with graphics performance. I edited AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext but to no avail. My novabench is significantly lower than it was a month ago with Lion. Anyone else notice similar issues?

Hi,

i have a problem with my DSDT. When i repair in my old OSX the ML Caches etc. and boot then to ML i get the message:

com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin might not load

but the nativ AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is initialized and SMCDevice is successfully initialized too.

ML loads und runs normaly with native speedstep. In IORegistryExplorer i have under PX40 a device pci8086,3a16 (i should be the Intel Corporation 82801JIR (ICH10R) LPC Interface Controller [8086:3a16])

But when i reboot, there is no message:

com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin might not load

but booting stops with:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC Driver

What i have made wrong? Could somebody plz help me.

My System: GA-EX58-UD4P with Intel i7-920@4GHz

Kext: FakeSMC and my legacy kext with only a info.plist

Update:

Problem solved

I used UseKernelCache=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. This ignors the Legacy.kext in extra with the AGPMController edits and loads only /S/L/E. So without UseKernelCache=Yes the problem is solved.

Hello all,

I have been a happy user of one of dOOd's dsdt for my ex58-ud5 for many years. I recently upgraded from a Core i7 920 to a 990x and I am wondering if there is anything I should update in the dsdt (I have seen some processor-specific stuff in post #1 but nothing about the 990x).

On a related note, fiddled with my smbios in order to download Mountain Lion (was getting an error that my mac was not supported). During this process, I changed the MacPro from 4,1 to 5,1 (and modified serial, board, rom, etc. accordingly - could have went to another iteration of MacPro4,1 but decided to shoot for something more recent to ensure I would get past the App Store block). I was wondering if this kind of change requires the dsdt to be modified or nott (i.e. if dOOd's dsdt is tied to a MacPro4,1). I can always revert to MacPro4,1 if needed - just trying to understand the pros/cons.

As it stands now, my original dsdt seems to work OK with Lion (not experiencing anything weird but I didn't do thorough testing either). In ML, I'm getting CMOS reset when waking from sleep (which looks like it could be fixed by patching AppleRTC.kext.

Sorry for the noob questions - I never bothered trying to understand the dsdt stuff since dsdt were available to match my previous config. I would now like to fiddle with it a little more and get a better understanding of how the dsdt interacts with everything else before I start overclocking the 990x.

Colddiver