Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Driver [RAC]

152 posts in this topic

Ok some one....Close this thread, its useless

And as of know, there is no known driver for the 845/855/865 series of Intel Integrated Graphics...

Also I have switched to RHEL on my laptop, so generally, I dont really care that much nemore. My desktop though dual boots OSX and XP.

Dont worry, I am all for the driver. Ill refund the money very soon. I am getting my credit card soon.

Finally, wont have to beg my mom for hers

This driver is all that remains between my Lappy and OSX

Hmmm. What a pity then...

At least, can anyone tell me how I can change my graphics card from 855 to 950, or any other supported card? Is there any way for it?

dude, that's integrated graphics. so unless you change your mobo (which might not be a bad idea, with intel compatible 9x5 mobos for 50 bucks) you're no good

# Are there any big gaps between 10.4.1 and 10.4.6 ? #

Ok ... tis is mi first reply to a Post! I was reading allot in this forum, to get more info about the others experience. Was nice to discover thet Mac OS will work on my laptop: Acer TravelMate 292LMi

My first install NATIVE was te 10.4.1 and i was pleased with it. Get the 855 graphic card ready for QE changing the good kext and so on. Sound, disc burning, firewire, network, power management all working. The only problem was the wireless (it is a problem now and looks like there is no hope). Then i started to test some software: Photoshop, CorelDraw, Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office for Mac all working. Had problems with iDVD, Skype, SketchUP Pro, Toast 6 and 7, Yahoo! Messenger version 3 and some others programs not so important to me ...

The last intent was 10.4.6 updated to 10.4.7 thanks to JaS patch! It is more quiker than 10.4.1, more applications are working and quite good. The main problem remaims the 855 graphic driver (for this reason are not working iDVD and SketchUP Pro) and the 2200 wireless driver.

So in my opinion thewre are a few "gaps between 10.4.1 and 10.4.6" but there is no reason to have them on a machine that is not 100% compatible with Mac OS, but if someone wants realy badly to have a Hackintosh it worth to get the 10.4.7 ...

My experience with coding stuf is to limitate so trying to compile the drivers myself was a waste of time (3 month) using sources from linux and FreeBSD, from Tuxx and so on.

Now after all the wait and hoping ... i belive it worth more to buy a real Mac! But i'l wait some more time ... get some more money at work so i can decide later.

All the best and good HackMac coding!

righteye

UPDATE

This is a unconfirmed report from Karthik

The 10.4.7 950 kexts give full QE/CI with the 865's

Also they give full resoulution supports on 855

Someone confirm and tell me

Man, can some one check 855 Laptops. Karthik said he got 1280x800 on his 855. But then again the driver he posted earlier also worked(Supposedly on his 855)

If it works, consider it a blessing and post here.

Man, can some one check 855 Laptops. Karthik said he got 1280x800 on his 855. But then again the driver he posted earlier also worked(Supposedly on his 855)

Is the driver he was talking about the one we have used so far or the one that was released for 10.4.7 (if any)?

I don't like to say that but maybe he has a 950?

I have a 855 laptop but MacOS isn't installed (I have unistalled it a month ago). I'll try to install it again tonight to test it, but I don't have the 10.4.7 patch. Will that work on 10.4.6 as you said? If it is so, can you or he upload the driver he has used, so that we can try it?

Use the kexts that came with the 10.4.7 Update. And ofcourse you need to add your Device ID to em.

Hi there Unstable Connection

It is a strange thing wit this 855 intel ... mi laptop has this "bug" can get more than 1024x786 no matter what, but that is because of the LCD i supose. It works with an external monitor! The last .kext from Karthik worked perfect on 10.4.1 enabling QE on mi laptop.

Now the .kext loads but there is no change

Thanks!

Ok, look I confirmed it, it doesnot work with our cards.

He has some retarded souped up card with which it somehow works. It doesnot work on his friends lappy.

Nor does it work with Vas or guiyoforward

SO IT DOESNOT WORK