Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Driver [RAC]

152 posts in this topic

Is this topic dead? I read this and many other topics about intel 855 chipset driver for osx.

I have an IBM R50e 1834-jag with Intel 855 GM onboard graphic and installed Mac OSX 10.4.6.

It will be excellent if a solution could be found.

I can expend up to 20$. I'm only a college student.

in brief :

1) 20 $

2) 0x35828086

3) Intel 855 GM

4) OpenGL , Quartz 2D , Quartz Extreme (and if possible Core Image !!)

• 1 month later...

Just a small bump

I have checked the graphics card and stuff like that [on what it supports].It looks like its a DX6 Graphics card and it lacks of Complete OpenGL 1.3 Support. So QE might not be possible [as it requires DX8.1 graphics card at least , but it might work] , Core Image [out of the question]. I think we might get Basic 2D OpenGL acceleration !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm just catching up but did you ever find a real solution for the intel integrated chipsets and BIOS' that will not allow you to set the amount of video RAM?

Take a look at this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@xfree86.org/msg02247.html

Someone from the Linux community has written a "hack" that patches the memory where the BIOS would have put the amount of video RAM with a different number so that Linux systems can boot/run with these integrated chipsets. If the contributions are still around, I suspect that you could get this guy to port this to MacOS (if it doesn't work already) [And BTW, I'll be happy to donate to the project]

Edited by unclemiltie

Awesome, glad to see this project being revived. hopefully we can get somewhere this time!

Beyond this thread, has the project actually been revived? I'd be willing to pledge some money to get this going again too. But are we all just pledging into the air, or is there someone out there who thinks they can really get this working?

Hi all!

Just adding my name to the list of possible donors should we re-attempt to use R.A.C. for the amount of USD$10.

I know it's unlikely it can drive full Core Image, but if I can get my system to recognize it as a GPU device then at least I can use DVD Player, VLC, MPlayer, moderate games & OpenGL apps, or anything else that looks specifically for a hardware GPU -- even though it may not use it much.

The integrated GPU powers a few games and 3D apps in WinXP, provided with official Intel XP drivers -- so it's not completely powerless.

OS: "JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.v1p.and.Deviant.patch.iso"

Did not install any GMA***.pkg or any other graphics related package during initial install. All other hardware works fine.

HW: Intel 82865G Integrated GPU

picture1eb4.th.png

Hi all!

Just adding my name to the list of possible donors should we re-attempt to use R.A.C. for the amount of USD$10.

I know it's unlikely it can drive full Core Image, but if I can get my system to recognize it as a GPU device then at least I can use DVD Player, VLC, MPlayer, moderate games & OpenGL apps, or anything else that looks specifically for a hardware GPU -- even though it may not use it much.

The integrated GPU powers a few games and 3D apps in WinXP, provided with official Intel XP drivers -- so it's not completely powerless.

OS: "JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.v1p.and.Deviant.patch.iso"

Did not install any GMA***.pkg or any other graphics related package during initial install. All other hardware works fine.

HW: Intel 82865G Integrated GPU

picture1eb4.th.png

yeah. it is not that powerless. I even play WOW with my intel extreme graphics 2. lol

ive resubmitted the request to RAC. awaiting bids :)

i can put $20 as well if one makes working driver.

i desperately need this driver to switch to mac.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i had an offer to code a driver from some guy in india when i submitted the RAC request. on the request i set a maximum of US$600 for the driver. the guy in india said that it would cost more than $600 for what we wanted.

I pretty much concluded that we would never get that kind of cash together and gave up on the idea. shame really as 10.4.1 with the driver is so nice on the 700m, and everything works almost perfectly. only problem is that no newer apps run on 10.4.1 and rosetta is slow.

so close, yet so far.