DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

If I run lspci the only unknown device I get is

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0615] (rev a2)

Under lspci before sleep I get about 12.

Yeah, my previous post was from reading my 'lspci-before-sleep' too.

The unknown devices I have appear after Subsystem:

The 'lspci-before-sleep' output doesn't show the Subsystem field.

Maybe I need to install Lynx?

I haven't installed Lynx, only the lspci with myhack lspci installer.

Yeah, my previous post was from reading my 'lspci-before-sleep' too.

The unknown devices I have appear after Subsystem:

The 'lspci-before-sleep' output doesn't show the Subsystem field.

I haven't installed Lynx, only the lspci with myhack lspci installer.

Looks like I've bricked my install, got too cocky!

Thanks Master Chief I do appreciate your fast reply, I am truly grateful for your generosity of sharing your knowledge and know how with us.

Artimess

Here ya go:
OperationRegion (LPC0, PCI_Config, 0x80, 0x75)
Field (LPC0, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
   IOD0,   8,
   IOD1,   8,
           Offset (0x08),		// 0x88
   Z000,   1,
           Offset (0x20),		// 0xA0
       ,   10,
   XPME,   1,
           Offset (0x24),		// 0xA4
   AG3E,   1,
           Offset (0x70),		// 0xF0
   RAEN,   1,
       ,   13,
   RCBA,   18
}

Got it. I also have 0 now. The darn thing didn't load the latest version since I had two of them.

Master Chief,

In your code I have the following:

Name (GCSA, 0x042F57) // Default Base Address (0x03FB47) + Offset (0x3410).  
OperationRegion (GCSR, SystemMemory, GCSA, One) // General Control and Status Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 10.1.75 / page 385)
   Field (GCSR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
   {
       FLRC,   8
   }

Could you please tell me where should I look to get my SystemMemory Default Base address?

Thanks in Advance,

Artimess,

PS:I apologize for my simplistic (dumb) questions.

Master Chief,

In your code I have the following:

Name (GCSA, 0x042F57) // Default Base Address (0x03FB47) + Offset (0x3410).  
OperationRegion (GCSR, SystemMemory, GCSA, One) // General Control and Status Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 10.1.75 / page 385)
   Field (GCSR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
   {
       FLRC,   8
   }

Could you please tell me where should I look to get my SystemMemory Default Base address?

Thanks in Advance,

Artimess,

PS:I apologize for my simplistic (dumb) questions.

Oh. I thought to have removed it. I used it for testing only. Anyway. Replace this:

RAEN, 1,
, 13,
RCBA, 18

with:

RCBA,   32

And dump it with:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
	"RCBA",
	 RCBA
}, Local0)
MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

In say Device (LPCB). Now reboot and look at the value. A bit cumbersome (clumsy) maybe, I know, but a lot easier than getting a debug kernel to work ;)

How did you manage that?

By tinkering with the info.plist contained within GeforceGa kext... ;)

I have my Leopard install and a backup partition to recover from so all should be sweet.

By tinkering with the info.plist contained within GeforceGa kext... :)

I have my Leopard install and a backup partition to recover from so all should be sweet.

Wait! Are you going to restore, from a backup/second drive, just because one single file (this Info.plist) is broken? Nah. There must be more to it. Right?

Edit: DSDT V3.3 has been released a few minutes ago. Another 1005 bytes down the drain.

Wait! Are you going to restore, from a backup/second drive, just because one single file (this Info.plist) is broken? Nah. There must be more to it. Right?

I read it as he was just going to boot in to his backup partition and copy the original file back, not a full restore.

Edit: DSDT V3.3 has been released a few minutes ago. Another 1005 bytes down the drain.

Fantastic. Even more good work, again. Thank you :wacko:

Oh. I thought to have removed it. I used it for testing only. Anyway. Replace this:
RAEN, 1,
, 13,
RCBA, 18

with:

RCBA,   32

And dump it with:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
 Store (Package (0x02)
 {
	 "RCBA",
	  RCBA
 }, Local0)
 MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
 Return (Local0)
}

In say Device (LPCB). Now reboot and look at the value. A bit cumbersome (clumsy) maybe, I know, but a lot easier than getting a debug kernel to work :)

Master Chief,

Thanks to the hints I got from you, I fixed my dsdt and it works fine. My biggest problem was how to consolidate your newly defined OperationRegions of yours with mine. Ones again many thanks for your help.

Artimess

So I was poking around the web researching OS X SMC keys and what their functions might be. I came across these links.

Link 1

Link 2

They speculate that LSSB, LSOF, LSSS and MSDW are related to halt, restart and setting power states. I can also see that Netkas includes these keys in his fakesmc.kext but it's not completely obvious what they do.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

What is the current status of using an Apple keyboard or a USB2.0 hub connected mouse or keyboard for wake up ?

at least on my end and the few others who posted here, still NO wake up by pressing any key on Apple Wired Aluminum KB slim (w/o number keys) and extended only, older apple keyboard's are fine..

note: Gigabyte mobo only.

Same here with the extended alu keyboard.

at least on my end and the few others who posted here, still NO wake up by pressing any key on Apple Wired Aluminum KB slim (w/o number keys) and extended only, older apple keyboard's are fine..

I just got mine working. I got so interested in why USB2.0 hubs wouldn't work that I went out to buy one :whistle: Now I can wake up using both my aluminium keyboard and a mouse connected to powered USB2.0 hub.

I just got mine working. I got so interested in why USB2.0 hubs wouldn't work that I went out to buy one :D Now I can wake up using both my aluminium keyboard and a mouse connected to powered USB2.0 hub.

Is it the hub that lets you wake via the keyboard of some DSDT patch?

I just got mine working. I got so interested in why USB2.0 hubs wouldn't work that I went out to buy one :D Now I can wake up using both my aluminium keyboard and a mouse connected to powered USB2.0 hub.

WOW! so your aluminum KB is working just by plugging it on a USB hub? mind showing a pic of that 'special' hub hehe? i have two 4-port hub here (Belkin and a chinese brand) and both of them don't work..

i have no problem waking from a wired mouse though may it be connected to a hub or directly to my machine.

Is it the hub that lets you wake via the keyboard of some DSDT patch?

It's a DSDT patch, my ehci devices now look like this:

Device (EHC1)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001D0007)
               Name (_PRW, Package (0x02){0x0D,0x03})
               OperationRegion (PMCR, PCI_Config, 0x52, 0x2F)
               Field (PMCR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
               {
                   PMSS,   16,
                Offset (0x2E),
                   WRTA,   1
               }
          }

Device (EHC2)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001A0007)
               Name (_PRW, Package (0x02){0x0D,0x03})
               OperationRegion (PMCR, PCI_Config, 0x52, 0x2F)
               Field (PMCR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
               {
                   PMSS,   16,
                Offset (0x2E),
                   WRTA,   1
               }
           }

and this is what I added under device LPC

Method (^_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (0x01,\_SB.PCI0.EHC1.WRTA)
				Store (0xC9C2,\_SB.PCI0.EHC1.PMSS)
				Store (0x00,\_SB.PCI0.EHC1.WRTA)

Store (0x01,\_SB.PCI0.EHC2.WRTA)
				Store (0xC9C2,\_SB.PCI0.EHC2.PMSS)
				Store (0x00,\_SB.PCI0.EHC2.WRTA)
			}

Funny thing is that the register that I modified doesn't really do anything, it is only used to show OS capabilities of Ehci device.

WOW! so your aluminum KB is working just by plugging it on a USB hub? mind showing a pic of that 'special' hub hehe? i have two 4-port hub here (Belkin and a chinese brand) and both of them don't work..

i have no problem waking from a wired mouse though may it be connected to a hub or directly to my machine.

No, I meant that now USB2.0 hub connected devices work for wake up, including Apple keyboard

So can you wake your computer if you connect the keyboard directly instead of via the hub?

Both work, I can connect my keyboard to a usb hub or directly to motherboard and wake up using it.

Nice! Maybe I'll bring home my aluminum keyboard and see if I can get it working.

I can even connect a mouse to keyboards hub and use that for wake up.

/edit

If you try this on something else than ICH10 check that your ICH has the same register on EHCI as ICH10 does

52h–53h

PWR_CAP

Power Management Capabilities