Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

@Master Chief: I experience the same problem with audio not working after 10.6.3 update. I have tried overwriting the AppleHDA binary in /S/L/E but this didn't help. Did you already manage to fix this (or could someone post the 10.6.2 AppleHDA kext)?

Works fine here,but i did not need it before updating to 10.6.3

On my p5kc with revolution 0.6 to have audio working I use the AppleHDA.kext posted here by MasterChief and integrated with the legacy kext used also here in info.plist

Nothing strange till now...

Same in here. I'm using P5K-E wifi motherboard. I can wake up using keyboard or mouse, but after wake up I have to re connect the usb dongle.

I have the same Mobo, the apple wired keyboard, a mouse connected to it and everything works just fine... So i asume the problem is with the wireless (bt) solutions?

Hi,

I see some of you with ICH9 boards still can wake up over Apple Aluminium keyboard. With my Apple Al. Keyboard and Mighty Mouse connected to I can't do that. When I connect the mouse directly to the USB port it I can wake up the box over mouse, still not over keyboard. No difference after upgrading to 10.6.3. Everything else is perfectly working.

Does anybody have a suggestion what approach I should use to see what is different. Tried also some solutions form Gigabyte topics but whit no success.

Thanks,

I have the same Mobo, the apple wired keyboard, a mouse connected to it and everything works just fine... So i asume the problem is with the wireless (bt) solutions?

THIS is interesseting! Which BIOS version do you use? On 1305 both wired keyboard and mouse can wake sys from sleep, but keyboard will ONLY work if it is replugged, mouse always works .... somehow strange ... could you kindly post your dsdt?

Cheers

Goron

... but keyboard will ONLY work if it is replugged, mouse always works .... somehow strange ... could you kindly post your dsdt?

Same here on my P5KC with P5KR bios board. Strange... I'm looking for solution...

Same here on my P5KC with P5KR bios board. Strange... I'm looking for solution...

I found one solution for this issue in tonymac

" Use the Power Button on your case to wake from sleep instead of USB. There will be no USB issues, and even better, you do not have to change the IOUSBFamily.kext."

I try this, and it works. 

THIS is interesseting! Which BIOS version do you use? On 1305 both wired keyboard and mouse can wake sys from sleep, but keyboard will ONLY work if it is replugged, mouse always works .... somehow strange ... could you kindly post your dsdt?

Cheers

Goron

I forgot to say that my Apple keyboard is connected to a USB HUB, idk if this makes any difference, i also have the 1305 BIOS and i use the v3.3 DSDT of MC with small adaptations for my board :(

dsdt.dsl.zip

JUN Ho, bbeepp, Goron

This bug comes from apple, with next update they should fix it... only powerbutton is a solution right now.

Power button does not solve this. Only mouse works after sleep. Keyboard is still off. :/

Are you sure its Apple bug?

@Master Chief and all of you experienced people!

I have to really thank you for having my hackintosh quite perfect working over the last month due to your DSDT, but now i need your help because i can't get out of a annoying problem stealing my sleeping hours. As i told i'm using with great satisfaction your DSDT v3.3 and all works great, however i got issues with audio because with the hda legacy for my ALC883 found on this forum i can play sounds very well except for digital output just on VLC and DVD Player. I found the solution for making QuickTime passthrough Dolby Digital/DTS to my attached Logitech Z-5500 surround system but i can't understand why the other mentioned software don't work as well. I found out it's a problem related with DSDT or/and Legacy kexts for ALC883 on my P5K Pro, because trying my sound system on an external hd installation of ideneb OSX 10.5.8 all plays just smooth including VLC and DVD Player DD/DTS passthrough to the decoder. The problem is on my Snow Leopard Retail installation because VLC under audio output device doesn't shows Digital Output (encoded) the one i need but just Digital Output that plays only stereo; same issue with DVD Player that doesn't shows digital output at all (on the ideneb os it is possible). I suppose it's all related with DSDT and kexts because i can't find on the web the exact setup for my P5K Pro + ALC883 and i'm not capable to compile DSDT or patch kexts at all, but ,i don't know why, i think it could be relate to right kext/DSDT compilation. Please give me a hope and illuminate my way because i won't even try to get voodoohda (it gives KP to me). Thank very much to all of you giving a hint

Power button does not solve this. Only mouse works after sleep. Keyboard is still off. :/

Are you sure its Apple bug?

I have not this problem, with usb mouse and keyboard, but I'm using Revolution 0.6 compiled for my configuration.

And so for me it isn't an Apple bug.

EDIT: maybe i can try to extract DSDT and SSDT and post them if somebody needs.

I have not this problem, with usb mouse and keyboard, but I'm using Revolution 0.6 compiled for my configuration.

And so for me it isn't an Apple bug.

EDIT: maybe i can try to extract DSDT and SSDT and post them if somebody needs.

Can you upload your Revolution 0.6 installer? I'm curious if it gives no problems after sleep to usb devices.

btw. I've plugged Apple Pro keyboard and strangely it works after sleep. I've noticed in system profiler that this keyboard is using it's own internal hub to connect to computer. Maybe that's why it works. I'll plug my other keyboard and mouse to lcd hub and I will check if they work after sleep. Another device that works after sleep is wacom tablet. I have no issues with it.

Edit:

I've checked keyboard plugged into my lcd usb hub and it doesn't work after sleep.

• 2 weeks later...
bbeepp

I was sure, because I've tested my m/kb also with real MBP5,1.

scrax

What a m/kb do you use?

Sorry for the sloww answer.

I usa a generic usb keyboard (it's wireless with a usb connected receiver)

SilverCrest model n° 12023 (Anubis Electronic GmbH) made for the discount company LIDL

I can't find it online, but it looks like the trust DS-3250 (only the mouse is different)

866_1780_TastieraTrustWirDS_3250.jpg

mouse is not the one wireless included with the keyboard, it's a USB with cable model: r-730064 Mouse Gamer GL 1600 XTR USB

190-341-thickbox.jpg

I downloaded the 10.6.3 combo update at 2711.1KB/sec (in 4.10 minutes) and installed it in like under five minutes – including the iTunes and iPhoto updates – so that was fine, but audio (ALC883) stopped working. Time to fix it after the break. Hope to report back soon... after I finished my iPad review.

Any news about this kext?

Hey guys.

I just followed this thread with my P5B Deluxe, everything is working right now, I think. But I'm curious if it cannot be improved furtermore. I don't like the idea of something being wrong.

Could somebody just check if I screwed something up or if I could just patch some more thingies? Would be really nice.

Keep up the good work.

dsdt.aml.zip

Can you upload your Revolution 0.6 installer?

I have no installer for 0.6 because how works revolution it's compiled for my setup, so it's useless if you don't have the same CPU and Graphic card i have.

I still haven't managed to restore audio after the 10.6.3 update. Any more reports of success with that?

With the older 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext I've no audio problem.

I found one solution for this issue in tonymac

" Use the Power Button on your case to wake from sleep instead of USB. There will be no USB issues, and even better, you do not have to change the IOUSBFamily.kext."

I try this, and it works. 

yes this works

Master Chief,

Today, I found that LegacyAGPM & LegacyACPI_SMC_PP.kext could enable gpu throttling.

However, couldn't make it with Kext's from 1st post. I use 10.6.3.

10.6.3 matter?

• 2 weeks later...

well i've done my best to make this work but depite my 6-consecutive-hour-long efforts, i still get the acpi error where it wait on cpuintelpowermanagement or whatever. can't get it down. tried your dsdt but i have NO idea what this stuff is, where it goes, what i need to edit, etc.

i have a q6600 @ 3.2ghz (1.325 vcore, if it matters) with a gtx260, 6gb of ddr2-1066 ram, and sata hard drives that i wanna install to. it doesn't matter which one, since i can't even get into the install i can think about that later.

can anyone help? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I solve my usb mouse problem.

I update to 10.6.4 using delta update build 10F58, and I found the usb mouse issue is gone.

Now I can wake up usiing mouse or keyboard!!!

If you have mouse wake up issue, wait for 10.6.4 update.