Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

AppleHDA changed as of 10.6.3, all supported device IDs are now hard-coded in the AppleHDA binary.

If you want to use the latest AppleHDA.kext you can use a hex editor to replace a device ID that's close to yours, with the device ID for your codec....and, if you're lucky, it might work!

Hex-editing the AppleHDA binary works fine for me with the AD2000B on my Asus P5Q-E.

Read this thread (all of it): http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

In addition to the AppleHDA.kext hex edit, i use a HDEF device in my DSDT (which replaces HDAEnabler.kext) and a Legacy AD2000B.kext, both are available in the thread I linked to.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. I have intel E2160. 1.8Ghz up to 2700Ghz bus speed 300 vcore=1368mV

P-States Calculator canculate

Package (0x06) { 2700, 65394, 10, 10, 0x929, 0x929 }

It should look like my DSDT file?

Name (PSS, Package (0x04)
	{
		// This needs to match your CPU (use the P-State Calculator for it)
		Package (0x06) { 2700, 65394, 0x10, 0x10, 0x929, Zero},
		Package (0x06) { 2700, 65394, 0x10, 0x10, 0x929, One },
		Package (0x06) { 2165, 51124, 0x10, 0x10, 0x461C, 0x02 },
		Package (0x06) { 1998, 41880, 0x10, 0x10, 0x0616, 0x03 }
	})

or other?

And another question.

What kext, and where placed in the USB before installing?

Thank you for your reply

My computer's CPU is E2140 1.6G ( OC 2.68G ).PS2 keyboard USB Mouse.

My systems is 10.5.8.Which DSDT Attached File I use????

none. your sys is not Snow Leopard and this guide is not for Leopard

Hi all,

Hello. I have intel E2160. 1.8Ghz up to 2700Ghz bus speed 300 vcore=1368mV

P-States Calculator canculate

Package (0x06) { 2700, 65394, 10, 10, 0x929, 0x929 }

It should look like my DSDT file?

Name (PSS, Package (0x04)
	{
		// This needs to match your CPU (use the P-State Calculator for it)
		Package (0x06) { 2700, 65394, 0x10, 0x10, 0x929, Zero},
		Package (0x06) { 2700, 65394, 0x10, 0x10, 0x929, One },
		Package (0x06) { 2165, 51124, 0x10, 0x10, 0x461C, 0x02 },
		Package (0x06) { 1998, 41880, 0x10, 0x10, 0x0616, 0x03 }
	})

or other?

And another question.

What kext, and where placed in the USB before installing?

Thank you for your reply

If you install one of the last Chameleo release patching the dsdt for p-states and c -states is not needed anymore so ou can keep that part untouched just add

DropSSDT=Yes

CalculatePstates=Yes

CalculateCstates=Yes

in com.apple.Boot.plist

Can you help me activate the sleep mode on my P5K pro?

bios: 1303, default settings (except IHCI)

I use DSDT_V3.3.

Gravics NVIDIA 8600GTS 256MB (GraphicsEnabler = Yes)

SL 10.6.3 retiall, Chameleon v2 RC34

Now when I press on the sleep mode turns off all but cooler's. Absenteeism from sleep, just reboot

Sorry for my English:)

none. your sys is not Snow Leopard and this guide is not for Leopard

Sorry, but that's silly. DSDT's are NOT developed for a specific version of OS X. He can therefore use the latest and greatest DSDT by MC.

If you install one of the last Chameleo release patching the dsdt for p-states and c -states is not needed anymore so ou can keep that part untouched just add

DropSSDT=Yes

CalculatePstates=Yes

CalculateCstates=Yes

in com.apple.Boot.plist

Not only is there no proof whatsoever that Chameleon injects the right values, but they are also still trying to polish it, and make it work for more CPU's. It may work perfectly fine for people, but I wasn't that lucky with my Intel Core i3 and I am fed up with testing so many boot loaders when the one I use, tailored to my hardware, just works.

BTW: I stumbled upon MC's original idea, to inject AML code like this in the booter, in this very forum, yet there's no mention of it anywhere. I guess that's why so many great people leave this forum for what it is.

@seras: There's numerous posts in this forum about it. Chameleon is the culprit here, because it works when people use Asere's booter. And please read (everything) before posting, because everything you need is here. I know because I used it myself.

p.s. I am running OS X 10.6.5 and only had to patch AppleHDA.kext with the following terminal command:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x83\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Note: All on one line of course.

Anyone made the jump to 10.6.5 yet? I upgraded on my secondary PC and lost USB, as other have. Can't take that risk on my work machine, but would like to upgrade if it's safe. Thanks.

My P5K-E Wifi/AP works like a charm under 10.6.5 . Should be ok with PRO....

Sorry, but that's silly. DSDT's are NOT developed for a specific version of OS X. He can therefore use the latest and greatest DSDT by MC.

You are right but Snow Leopard needs a more apple like dsdt than Leopard and so it's useless to clean it for leo.

Leo on P5K series can boot without any dsdt mod.

Not only is there no proof whatsoever that Chameleon injects the right values, but they are also still trying to polish it, and make it work for more CPU's. It may work perfectly fine for people, but I wasn't that lucky with my Intel Core i3 and I am fed up with testing so many boot loaders when the one I use, tailored to my hardware, just works.

Yes it has known problems with iX new CPU but You can't have it on a P5K PRO so for now it's the best and more easy solution for speedstep on this mobo.

BTW: I stumbled upon MC's original idea, to inject AML code like this in the booter, in this very forum, yet there's no mention of it anywhere. I guess that's why so many great people leave this forum for what it is.

It's a long story...

I'm one of the few that used it and was a great project now discontinued sadly.

My P5K Pro build has been running stable ever since 10.6 came out thanks to MC and the other fine folks in this thread, but once I got it stable I started using it for work and haven't been able to mess around with it much. I honestly don't remember which of MC's DSDTs I am using, but it's not very recent and I had done some mucking around with it myself to get things that weren't done yet working. I know I have kexts I don't need, but don't remember which, and my audio has been shot for some time (switched to USB in the interm).

I'm finally going to have some downtime, and would like to get caught up with the most current config that people are having success with and clean things up. I'm stuff should be pretty consistent at this point. I've read through most of this thread, but haven't memorized it, so there are still a few things that aren't explained enough for me to know exactly what to do.

So, if someone would like to indulge me, starting from scratch with a P5K Pro, Q6600, and GT8800, I have four question:

1. Are there any per-system changes that still need to be made with 3.3.1 besides stepping (no special request like PS2 or SPKR, just vanilla stuff)?

2. Should I keep the graphics fix in the plist, or move it the DSDT?

3. Which audio fix are people using now? Search returns lots of different options, and trying more than one I think is what killed audio in my current setup.

4. What's the base set of necessary /E/E kexts for just a standard install now. Seems like LegacyHDA and LegacyAHCI stuff isn't listed in a lot of people's setups, but I've still got them hanging around. Same with OpenHalt, though it seems OSXRestart is the way to go.

I'm making some good headway with getting this build up to speed. I've upgraded to 10.6.5, gotten up to v3.3 DSDT, and cleared out some kexts I finally had a chance to realize weren't doing anything.

My big issue is I still can't get audio to work. I've tried Voodoo (works, but not well), with HDAEnabler and without, and after the 10.6.5 update I rolled back to he 10.6.1 AppleHDA, but still nothing. I have HDA listed in System Profiler, but nothing shows up in System Prefs. I'm still stuck using a crappy USB audio dongle, but I'd love to get on-board working if I could. Any ideas?

I'm making some good headway with getting this build up to speed. I've upgraded to 10.6.5, gotten up to v3.3 DSDT, and cleared out some kexts I finally had a chance to realize weren't doing anything.

My big issue is I still can't get audio to work. I've tried Voodoo (works, but not well), with HDAEnabler and without, and after the 10.6.5 update I rolled back to he 10.6.1 AppleHDA, but still nothing. I have HDA listed in System Profiler, but nothing shows up in System Prefs. I'm still stuck using a crappy USB audio dongle, but I'd love to get on-board working if I could. Any ideas?

have you binpatched appleHDA after updating it?

No that's correct, if you want to use AppleHDA on Snow Leopard those are your options.

This is AppleHDA from 10.6.5 binpatched for AD2000B sound found on several ASUS motherboards:

AppleHDA.kext.zip

It works with ad2000b.kext and DSDT HDEF device code from here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=3693

No that's correct, if you want to use AppleHDA on Snow Leopard those are your options.

This is AppleHDA from 10.6.5 binpatched for AD2000B sound found on several ASUS motherboards:

AppleHDA.kext.zip

AppleHDA.kext is copyright material so we better teach people how they can bin-patch AppleHDA them selfs:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Correct me if I'm wrong.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Cool thanks. So if I'm using MC's 3.3 dsdt, which has the HDEF patch, do I still need ad2000b.kext? Is it one or the other? Or both? Thanks again

And thanks dutchhockeypro for the info.

Yes, for ad2000b you need both HDEF device in DSDT, ad2000b.kext + binpatched AppleHDA.

Don't use ad2000b.kext or the binpatched AppleHDA I posted if you don't have AD2000B sound!

I posted it here because I know that many people with other ASUS boards than the P5K Pro are using DSDT code from this thread.

we better teach people how they can bin-patch AppleHDA them selfs

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do I know you from somewhere? Your style reminds me of someone who used to hang out here and demonstrate some pretty radical Hackintoshing skills! :)

Anyway, no I don't think you're wrong, I agree completely and I prefer to patch AppleHDA myself.

The link I posted to the thread at the ProjectOSX forum contains instructions on how to patch it with a hex editor.

The script is real nice though.

I posted it here because I know that many people with other ASUS boards than the P5K Pro are using DSDT code from this thread.

I understand it, but I was afraid that the forum rules might kick back at you because one of them reads: "No posting of copyrighted material. This includes copying and pasting news articles from news websites.

"

I therefore think that it is best to remove the link (to AppleHDA) before one of the admin's steps in....

Do I know you from somewhere? Your style reminds me of someone who used to hang out here and demonstrate some pretty radical Hackintoshing skills! :)

The person you are referring to is not Dutch, but I am, and I know because he is my father. Not surprised. You're not the first person to spot some of the odd similarities. Followed his work for little over a year or so and learned to make notes. Also got blessed with the same spirit and talent (which also made me team captain of my field hockey team).

Anyway, no I don't think you're wrong, I agree completely and I prefer to patch AppleHDA myself.

The link I posted to the thread at the ProjectOSX forum contains instructions on how to patch it with a hex editor.

The script is real nice though.

It is, but it's also not mine. I should have mentioned it, but I forgot to add it to my tips & tricks document. Will try to fix this omission; credit to whom credit belongs (or however you say that in English).

AppleHDA.kext is copyright material so we better teach people how they can bin-patch AppleHDA them selfs:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Correct me if I'm wrong.

totally agree, at least if there is this options...