Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

And shutdown works with an unmodified DSDT?

Great.

Please do. This object (Prepare To Sleep) is mighty important for both sleep and shutdown.

Ok So I modify my DSDT, now sleep doesn't work but It's better when I try to sleep my pc seem to shut down and reboot and then I have the osx desktop,

here is my console data :

0 [Time 1268723601] [Message System Sleep Wake reason = UHC1 System Wake Previous Sleep Cause:
0 VoodooHDADevice[0xffffff80250e6000]::resume
Resetting controller...
USB (EHCI):Port 1 on bus 0xfd connected or disconnected: portSC(0x301803) USB (UHCI):Port 1 on bus 0x1d connected or disconnected USB (UHCI):Port 2 on bus 0x1d has remote wakeup from some device Enabling output audio routing switching at node 20:
Enabling output audio routing switching at node 21:
Enabling output audio routing switching at node 22:
Enabling output audio routing switching at node 23:
Pin sense: cad 0 nid=20 res=1
setDesc  change description Line-out (Green Rear) channel 0 assoc 0 Pin sense: cad 0 nid=21 res=1 Enabling input audio routing switching at node 24:
Enabling input audio routing switching at node 26:
USBF:	239.233	AppleUSBHub[0xffffff800be6b000]::ConfigureHub No config descriptor
USBF:	239.233	AppleUSBHub[0xffffff800be6b000]::start Aborting startup: error 0xe0004056
USBF:	239.233	IOUSBHubPolicyMaker[0xffffff800be6b000]::start - ConfigureHubDriver returned false
Returning keyboard 0 (IOHIDKeyboard)
keyboard not ready?
keyboard not ready?
hijacked values kea 00000000: ksea 00000000 returned kea 00000000: modded ksea 00000000 SerialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete successfully.  (failedCommandInfo = 0x2) bash-3.2# 

any advise ?

here is my dsdtdsdt_3.3_4.dsl.zip and my ioreg ioreg.txt

Barnum

PS does someone have firewire hotplug working before sleep ?

Hi, Master !! 

Finally I finished modifying my DSDT follow your v3.4 .

I use AsereBLN_v1.1.9 for Booter, and I have only two Kexts (fskeSMC.kext, AD1988bFix.kext) in E/E.

Speedstep,Sleep,Reboot,Shutdown everything works smoothly.

Thank you for your hard works.

Hi, Master !!

Finally I finished modifying my DSDT follow your v3.4 .

I use AsereBLN_v1.1.9 for Booter, and I have only two Kexts (fskeSMC.kext, AD1988bFix.kext) in E/E.

Speedstep,Sleep,Reboot,Shutdown everything works smoothly.

Thank you for your hard works.

That's more like it. Good work!

Hello everyone!

I have question about ACPI and power management policy: how to change inactivity timer for audio device? My audio is too fast switching to power save mode. Almost right after stop playing any sound. I hear it from my loudspeakers - annoying buzz and clicks.

In ACPI Specs i found this:

Since multimedia applications often open and close audio files in rapid succession, it is recommended that an inactivity timer be employed by the policy owner to prevent needless shutdowns (D3 transitions) of the audio hardware.

My mobo is P5Q Premium with ADI AD1989B using AD2000B.kext

thanks

ok, i read intel hda specs and have another question about audio codecs:

how to construct another verb layouts except "configuration default" (verb IDs:71c,71d,71e,71f) and how insert it into ConfigData?

how to make "Power State" verb for example?

Hi all,

Problems with ACL888 after update 10.6.3 (LegacyHDA.kext). :)

Already does someone have a solution?

Thank you for each assistance.

thx

Have same issue but with ati radeon hd 4870 ,after spinner are done,screen turns black

Hi all,

Problems with ACL888 after update 10.6.3 (LegacyHDA.kext). :(

Already does someone have a solution?

Thank you for each assistance.

thx

Edit AppleHDA binary and replace 8508EC10 by 8808EC10 (4 instances). Here is the modified kext http://www.mediafire.com/?kjxxm4whdzu

Anyone with P5K having problem with the USB device (mouse or keyboard) used to wake from sleep? Here it stops working, but works again if I replug it.

Wake by power button will fix this problem. :)

Not quite a fix ;) but it's what I'm doing for now.

I removed _PRW from the USB device in DSDT to avoid problem with an "accidental" keypress or mouse click trying to wake the computer.

I downloaded the 10.6.3 combo update at 2711.1KB/sec (in 4.10 minutes) and installed it in like under five minutes – including the iTunes and iPhoto updates – so that was fine, but audio (ALC883) stopped working. Time to fix it after the break. Hope to report back soon... after I finished my iPad review.

Hola

After 10.6.3 two things happend.

1. Audio (replaced applehda with old vanilla 10.6.2 working fine)

but

2. no usb keyboard and mouse after sleep (logitech s530 mac)

maybe the new iousbfamily.kext ??

salu2

maybe the new iousbfamily.kext ??

This is because the new IOUSBHIDDriver. I have the same problem. If i withdraw from sleep the mouse, the mouse does not work. If the keyboard - the keyboard does not work. After replugging it all is fine. Other USB devices are working properly. If you return the old IOUSBHIDDriver, then everything works well, but this is not an option, need the right decision. Sorry for my english. 

This is because the new IOUSBHIDDriver. I have the same problem. If i withdraw from sleep the mouse, the mouse does not work. If the keyboard - the keyboard does not work. After replugging it all is fine. Other USB devices are working properly. If you return the old IOUSBHIDDriver, then everything works well, but this is not an option, need the right decision. Sorry for my english.

Not sure, but seems to be an apple bug, I've tested it also with im11/mp41 original code, hope it will be fixed with next update. :P

I can wake my hack with both my Apple keyboard and USB mouse (connected to my Apple keyboard)

wake up is not the problem . i can wake up with both mouse or keyboard but after that i have to reconnect the logitech usb dongle. but i saw on apple support forum there are others having problem on real macs with their keyboard or mouse after 10.6.3.

so i suppose it depends which hardware is used. you are lucky :)

salu2

I can wake my hack with both my Apple keyboard and USB mouse (connected to my Apple keyboard)

wake up is not the problem . i can wake up with both mouse or keyboard but after that i have to reconnect the logitech usb dongle. but i saw on apple support forum there are others having problem on real macs with their keyboard or mouse after 10.6.3.

so i suppose it depends which hardware is used. you are lucky :angel:

salu2

Same in here. I'm using P5K-E wifi motherboard. I can wake up using keyboard or mouse, but after wake up I have to re connect the usb dongle.

Could someone be so kind as to tell me the code used in Master Chief's DSDT to enable the HDEF audio? I have an ALC883 board and his DSDT works great with my audio on 10.6.2, but I'm working on building my own DSDT and this is the last bit I need. Please and thanks!

Download the latest DSDT from post #3 and copy the HDEF code from there.

Don't forget to copy the part in Scope (\_GPE) as well (just search the DSDT for all instances of HDEF and you'll see what I mean).

@Master Chief: I experience the same problem with audio not working after 10.6.3 update. I have tried overwriting the AppleHDA binary in /S/L/E but this didn't help. Did you already manage to fix this (or could someone post the 10.6.2 AppleHDA kext)?