Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

budiy

Here are your fixes, read info from archive...

I have changed my fakesms v2.5 on your file from the archive and changed dsdt.aml files.

Seemed to me that both files from the archive work good.

System has booted without errors LCP, speedstep worked in multiplier 6 or 9, the temperature of cores dropped on 10 degrees (35,35,40,40), sleep / restart / halt work ok .)))) thank you!

But one problem left - wakeup work only for pwr / btn and my usb keyboard dont work after that. If i replug cable after sleep keyboard work ok.

But one problem left - wakeup work only for pwr / btn and my usb keyboard dont work after that. If i replug cable after sleep keyboard work ok.

Yes, because I removed power conservation for UHCI's, the reason was, that some keyboards break sleep/autosleep function. You should add Notify function through GPE under WAK scop for them.

I try to insert Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02) in Method (_L09, 0, NotSerialized) and create 8 Methods (_L01-09, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC1-6, 0x02)

Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)

}

Scope (_GPE)
{
Method (_L09, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PCIE, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.RP01, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.RP02, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.RP03, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.RP04, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.RP05, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.RP06.ETH1, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}

Method (_L0B, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PCIB.ETH0, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}

Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.GLAN, 0x02)
}

Method (_L03, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC1, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}

Method (_L04, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC2, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}

Method (_L05, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC3, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}

Method (_L06, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC4, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}

Method (_L07, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC5, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}

Method (_L08, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.UHC6, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
}
}

but keyboard dont work.

Please post under spoiler fix code.

|

> Hi, Detrich

|

> Could you explain

|

... sleep, is not working, because LPC is running. You should change ASSB offset to 2C, to activate sleep through RTC.

> where did you get the offset value of 0x2C [Default is 0x1C]

| and why running LPC affects sleep/wake?

|

> My MoBo is P5Q-PRO and I have issue with LPC/sleep/wake.

|

> Thanxxx!

|

Filipilon

0x2C value, you can find in Chief's last DSDT's. As you know, on realmacs sleep/restart is working throgh EC Controller, as well LPC and SMC are optimized for this one. So we need to find alternative solutions, to make our hacks to work. But 0x2C, seems to work with C2D and C2Q cpus only. For i5,i7 series apple has changed default CST values. I cant find a solution yet, for i-series cpus with LPC running, because don't have real iMac11,1 full ACPI dumps. ;)

budiy

Check this one, also try to use another usb keyboard...

budiy_UHCIfix.zip

Filipilon

0x2C value, you can find in Chief's last DSDT's. As you know, on realmacs sleep/restart is working throgh EC Controller, as well LPC and SMC are optimized for this one. So we need to find alternative solutions, to make our hacks to work. But 0x2C, seems to work with C2D and C2Q cpus only. For i5,i7 series apple has changed default CST values. I cant find a solution yet, for i-series cpus with LPC running, because don't have real iMac11,1 full ACPI dumps. ;)

Detrich, thanks so much! I've got C2D, &'ll give it a try!

********************************************************************************

* EDIT: I've tried [ 0x1C -> 0x2C ], nothing's changed. Failed to wake with AppleLPC running ;-( *

********************************************************************************

Hi there...

Let me just say that I am new here and I do apologize if I will sound retarded.

I am reading thru this thread and and I just cant get it.

So I would like to ask you guys if there is any Step-by-step on how to install or start installing

I know I should do something with USB but there my knowledge ends.

I do have a P5K PRO so this I believe is the right thread for me.

TNX for any reply

yes

keyboard works after sleep, during sleep if you press the button. If you use a mouse, then the keyboard does not work, but it's not a problem.

I am very happy because for a whole month solved this problem, many thanks to Detrich. You are a magician !!!

i try to change system bus 333 value in BIOS and maxclock 3000 in smbios. Mark-i show that speedstep work ok. VEry good)

Hi there...

Let me just say that I am new here and I do apologize if I will sound retarded.

I am reading thru this thread and and I just cant get it.

So I would like to ask you guys if there is any Step-by-step on how to install or start installing

I know I should do something with USB but there my knowledge ends.

I do have a P5K PRO so this I believe is the right thread for me.

TNX for any reply

Have you read post #3 because that should clue you in... except maybe for the obvious 'use search' for the things that you don't understand (yet).

Hi all,

Maybe can someone help me: I can't get sleep work on my hack :

If I try sleep the computer seem to shutdown, the screen going to black, my harddisk stop, but the fans stays on.

After 5seconds, the computer wake up himeself and the fans stays at full speed and I get a black screen !

here is my dsdt dsdt_3.3_1.dsl.zip and my ioreg ioreg.zip.

MasterChief, who need the "LegacyACPI_SMC_PP.kext.10.6.2.zip " ?

barnum

Hi all,

Maybe can someone help me: I can't get sleep work on my hack :

If I try sleep the computer seem to shutdown, the screen going to black, my harddisk stop, but the fans stays on.

After 5seconds, the computer wake up himeself and the fans stays at full speed and I get a black screen !

Let's have a look at a snippet from your DSDT first:

OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, [color="#FF0000"]0x7FF7E064[/color], 0xFF)
   Field (BIOS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
   {
       SS1,    1, 
       SS2,    1, 
       SS3,    1, 
       SS4,    1, 
               Offset (0x01), 
       IOST,   16, 
       TOPM,   32, 
       ROMS,   32, 
       MG1B,   32, 
       MG1L,   32, 
       MG2B,   32, 
       MG2L,   32, 
               Offset (0x1C), 
       CPB0,   32, 
       CPB1,   32, 
       CPB2,   32, 
       CPB3,   32, 
       ASSB,   8, 
       AOTB,   8, 
       AAXB,   32, 
       SMIF,   8, 
       DTSE,   8, 
       DTS1,   8, 
       DTS2,   8, 
       MPEN,   8, 
       TPMF,   8, 
       MG3B,   32, 
       MG3L,   32, 
       MSC1,   32, 
       MSC2,   32, 
       MSC3,   32, 
       MSC4,   32, 
       MSC5,   32, 
       MSC6,   32, 
       MSC7,   32, 
       MSC8,   32, 
       DMAX,   8, 
       HPTA,   32
   }

Note the red value in it. You apparently copied it from my DSDT but yours is different. Fix this and it should work (again).

MasterChief, who need the "LegacyACPI_SMC_PP.kext.10.6.2.zip " ?

You don't.

Does someone have an DSDT that work (sleep, wake, ...) with a P5Q-PRO motherboard ?

I used to have S3 sleep working (mine is a P5Q-E but they should be similar) but I broke it and I'm in the process of getting it working again. Try taking a look at Phoenix Wright's latest DSDT, it's based on Master Chief's version 3.3 I think. It's attached somewhere in this thread.

I don't know if sleep/wake is working for him though. PW, if you're around let us know.

I'll share mine later but it needs a little more work.

I used to have S3 sleep working (mine is a P5Q-E but they should be similar) but I broke it and I'm in the process of getting it working again. Try taking a look at Phoenix Wright's latest DSDT, it's based on Master Chief's version 3.3 I think. It's attached somewhere in this thread.

I don't know if sleep/wake is working for him though. PW, if you're around let us know.

I'll share mine later but it needs a little more work.

Two tips:

If the fans stay on, then you should check the _PTS method in the DSDT.

If the hack won't sleep at all, then you should start by checking the USB objects (known to cause sleep problems).

Also. People should try to use one of my stripped down DSDT's (insane and/or extremely insane) and modify it for their motherboard because this is what you'll need for Revolution.

Note: You can already compile Revolution with your own DSDT, SSDT and SMBIOS tables in it. Resulting in a quicker boot process.

Two tips:

If the fans stay on, then you should check the _PTS method in the DSDT.

If the hack won't sleep at all, then you should start by checking the USB objects (known to cause sleep problems).

Also. People should try to use one of my stripped down DSDT's (insane and/or extremely insane) and modify it for their motherboard because this is what you'll need for Revolution.

Note: You can already compile Revolution with your own DSDT, SSDT and SMBIOS tables in it. Resulting in a quicker boot process.

So I try your modification but it's the same :

the computer seem to shutdown, the screen going to black, my harddisk stop, but the fans stays on.

I already have include the USB patch.

I user AsereBLN or last chameleon rc5 pre version as bootloader.

I'll check the _pts part.

Master Chief, did you have an "how to" to compile revolution ?

Barnum

PS : I use an PS2 keyboard and an Usb mouse

So I try your modification but it's the same :

the computer seem to shutdown, the screen going to black, my harddisk stop, but the fans stays on.

And shutdown works with an unmodified DSDT?

I already have include the USB patch.

I user AsereBLN or last chameleon rc5 pre version as bootloader.

Great.

I'll check the _pts part.

Please do. This object (Prepare To Sleep) is mighty important for both sleep and shutdown.

Master Chief, did you have an "how to" to compile revolution ?

Simply unpack the zip file and enter the following terminal command:

make > log.txt

That's all to it. Seriously.

And shutdown works with an unmodified DSDT?

Please do. This object (Prepare To Sleep) is mighty important for both sleep and shutdown.

Simply unpack the zip file

Shutdown work with my DSDT, this is my pts part :

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)                            // Prepare To Sleep.
   {
       If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))                               // S5 (shutdown).
       {
           Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.AG3E)                   // Return to S5 after a power failure.
       }
       Else                                                   // S1, S3 or S4 (S2 is not supported).
       {
           \_SB.PCI0.SBUS.DISB ()                             // Disable SBUS
           \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SPTS ()                             // Prepare for state change.
           Store (Arg0, ASSB)                                 // Trigger low level BIOS TTS (Transition To State)?
       }
   }

For Revolution, where I can find the last version ?

Barnum

Chief, I was wondering about two things

0x0400 here:

OperationRegion (PMIO, SystemIO, 0x0400, 0x80)
Field (PMIO, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
			Offset (0x02), 
		,   10, 
	RTEE,   1, 
			Offset (0x20), 
		,   2, 
	SPST,   1, 
		,   28, 
	GPF,	1, 
			Offset (0x42), 
		,   1, 
	GPEC,   1
}

Should this match my PMBASE address or is it unrelated?

Method G3HT is gone, but it is still referred to in the EC Device, does it matter?

Looking at Phoenix Wright's adaptation of your 3.3 DSDT I finally figured out how to implement the AR tables. His tables are the same as mine and that made it obvious. So now I'm finally up to 3.3.1 - I can't test Firewire but everything else seems to be working. Except S3 sleep..

And, if you're reading, thanks Phoenix, it's nice to finally have working 88E8001 LAN, and Marvell 88SE6121 ATA looks nice and comfy at P0P8.

Check your P-and C-States, because I think they may be a little bit off - try dumping your SSDT tables (you should get five tables if you have "Intel C-State Tech" enabled in the BIOS) with Everest under Windows, and compare. You can find the C-states in the third SSDT table dump - looks like you can only define 3 C-states at a time?

Here's my DSDT with C1, C2 and C4, based on Master Chief's v3.3.1 (updated 20/03/2010):

BK_P5QE_E8500_3.3.1.zip

Chief, I was wondering about two things 0x0400 here:
...see post #822

Should this match my PMBASE address or is it unrelated?

Correct, but I removed it in later updates.

Method G3HT is gone, but it is still referred to in the EC Device, does it matter?

Which is fine.

Looking at Phoenix Wright's adaptation of your 3.3 DSDT I finally figured out how to implement the AR tables. His tables are the same as mine and that made it obvious. So now I'm finally up to 3.3.1 - I can't test Firewire but everything else seems to be working.

I'm not sure what you are saying here – I am slow when sleepy – but then again it is way past my bed time.

I was talking about the way you implement AR00, AR01 etc since DSDT 3.0.

I've been stuck at your 2.29 version for a long time because I didn't understand how to implement these tables in the same way in my DSDT.

Looking at Phoenix Wright's DSDT it became obvious what I was supposed to do, because his tables are identical to mine.

Correct, but I removed it in later updates.

Alright, thanks. I haven't looked at your Insanely Small DSDT yet.

I was talking about the way you implement AR00, AR01 etc since DSDT 3.0. I've been stuck at your 2.29 version for a long time because I didn't understand how to implement these tables in the same way in my DSDT. Looking at Phoenix Wright's DSDT it became obvious what I was supposed to do, because his tables are identical to mine.

Right. Like I said... I am a bit slow when sleepy. Anyway. I thought to have explained this already, and I did, just not here. Duh! Please have a look at this post where I explain what it does and how it works – in case you are still interested in it.

Hi ! Master

I am using P5K-E Wifi board with Q6700 CPU. I modified my DSDT base on your DSDT V3.3.1.

Sleep,Restart,Shutdown and Speedstep (I overclocking at 3.6GHz), everything works great.

I tried to modify follow your DSDT V3.4, then I lost Speedstep and Sleep.

Can you check my DSDT ? I attached both DSDTs in zip.

P5k_E.zip

Hi ! Master

I am using P5K-E Wifi board with Q6700 CPU. I modified my DSDT base on your DSDT V3.3.1.

Sleep,Restart,Shutdown and Speedstep (I overclocking at 3.6GHz), everything works great.

I tried to modify follow your DSDT V3.4, then I lost Speedstep and Sleep.

Can you check my DSDT ? I attached both DSDTs in zip.

P5k_E.zip

You have to port changes one by one, yourself, and not everything at once. Sorry. I don't have the time, nor the energy, to review every single DSDT here.

Good luck!