Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

This is great information. Unfortunately I've been somewhat on my own with my non-standard EVGA X58 LE motherboard (I built this PC before I contemplated hackintoshing). That's fine -- software development is my day job. My question is, apart from variable things like CPU definitions, built-in hardware like audio and ethernet, how much of the specifics here are dependent on the motherboard vs. just standard to the ICH9/ICH10 chipset?

This is great information. Unfortunately I've been somewhat on my own with my non-standard EVGA X58 LE motherboard (I built this PC before I contemplated hackintoshing). That's fine -- software development is my day job. My question is, apart from variable things like CPU definitions, built-in hardware like audio and ethernet, how much of the specifics here are dependent on the motherboard vs. just standard to the ICH9/ICH10 chipset?

The information here can be used on any motherboard, this because the ACPI specification is motherboard, CPU and chip set independent. And you can probably use one of my latest DSDT's (insane or extremely insane) and adapt it for your CPU without too much trouble. That is if you take the time to read and understand what we have / offer here.

To All: Good news. Have a look at the following kernel.log dump and pay close attention to the order / time:

Feb  2 10:13:23 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1106 ID 3044 built-in now active, GUID 0000000000000500; max speed s400.
Feb  2 10:13:24 localhost kernel[0]: systemShutdown false
Feb  2 10:13:25 Chiefs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: initialization complete
Feb  2 10:13:27 Chiefs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA
Feb  2 10:13:27 Chiefs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: RxRingSize <= 1024, TxRingSize 256, RX_MAX_LE 1024, TX_MAX_LE 768, ST_MAX_LE 3328
Feb  2 10:13:27 Chiefs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: yukon: Ethernet address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Feb  2 10:13:28 Chiefs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Ethernet [AppleYukon2]: Link up on en0, 100-Megabit, Full-duplex, No flow-control, Debug [...]
Feb  2 10:13:29 Chiefs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 0
Feb  2 10:13:30 Chiefs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
Feb  2 10:13:31 Chiefs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived

Note: This is the 67360 bytes HD version of Revolution.

Q: Has anyone here ever seen "1000-Megabit" for the on-board network adapter?

Hi MC,

First to clear the issue from post #626. It was caused due to RAM speed settings. Sleep now works, also autosleep works without the autosleep script.

What interests me now is what did you do to get wake from sleep with Apple Keyboard working. I use the latest Apple wired aluminum with numeric keypad. Wake with mouse did not work until I connected it directly to the backside USB port of the box. What can I do to recognize the keyboard so as the mouse is recognized when connected directly to the computer.

Another thing I've noticed with the USB ports is that the NTFS is read only on USB drives but on my original MacBook is read/write. Checked the permissions but haven't got a clue what could be the problem.

Regards,

post-515577-1265266750_thumb.jpg

dsdt.rar

For Asus p5k e wifi/ap boards, could you post the extra added methods/objects LPCB AG3E for your stated DSDT SHUTDOWN solution?

I don't know where or what to put in the missing objects that cannot be found for compiling the DSDT, or are these also in the native DSDT from p5k pro?

Hi MC,

First to clear the issue from post #626. It was caused due to RAM speed settings. Sleep now works, also autosleep works without the autosleep script.

Interesting. Is this 'feature' reproducible?

Note that I am using illegal (even) memory settings here and sleep still works.

What interests me now is what did you do to get wake from sleep with Apple Keyboard working...

Can't remember what I did, but everything I changed can be found in my DSDT's. I see that you are using an ICH10 based motherboard, and thus things are kind of different. The patch by mm67 is most likely a closer match for your board.

Another thing I've noticed with the USB ports is that the NTFS is read only on USB drives but on my original MacBook is read/write. Checked the permissions but haven't got a clue what could be the problem.

Sorry. I don't use NTFS myself so I can't really help you with this, but the first thing I would normally do is to compare the ioreg output of both systems. That might give hints as to what can be done but your mileage may vary. I'm even willing to have a look at it when you attach them.

For Asus p5k e wifi/ap boards, could you post the extra added methods/objects LPCB AG3E for your stated DSDT SHUTDOWN solution?

Let's start with the basics: Help me to help you. Start by adding a signature with relevant info including chip set (ICH9/10).

I don't know where or what to put in the missing objects that cannot be found for compiling the DSDT, or are these also in the native DSDT from p5k pro?

The object you might need to change is _PTS() where Arg0 is 0x05 for shutdown.

Note: A shutdown issue might not be fixed with a (simple) DSDT patch. At least not when say installed software is preventing it from shutting down properly.

p.s. Have you searched / asked other people here (with the same motherboard) if they have shutdown problems?

Hi MC,

Regards,

If I'm not mistaking NTFS is always read-only on everything else than Microsoft Windows, only if MacFuse with NTFS-3g or some other NTFS write package "Paragon?" gets installed "MacFuse ships with VMware Fusion". If you got both packages installed and can write on internal NTFS, than it might be a Owner/Permissions problem. Or it is mounted read-only to protect your data... Here is a link to the ntfs3g package that gives write support.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/catacombae...sx.dmg/download

What interests me now is what did you do to get wake from sleep with Apple Keyboard working. I use the latest Apple wired aluminum with numeric keypad. Wake with mouse did not work until I connected it directly to the backside USB port of the box. What can I do to recognize the keyboard so as the mouse is recognized when connected directly to the computer.

After patching USB in DSDT to make the ports recognized as onboard, and legacyUSB and wake on USB enabled in bios, without other Software patches/kexts, Wake on keyboard or mouse was working in my case.

Note: A shutdown issue might not be fixed with a (simple) DSDT patch. At least not when say installed software is preventing it from shutting down properly.

p.s. Have you searched / asked other people here (with the same motherboard) if they have shutdown problems?

I'm not the only one with this board and allot share this problem on multiple fora and other motherboards. There is nothing more installed on a vanilla install than FakeSMC and OpenHaltRestart.kext, I'll doubt it will be software a problem but off course its good to block that option. I'll try the shutdown fix which I got in my PM and I'll try your argument.

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0430, 0x13)
Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
, 4,
SLPE, 1,
Offset (0x08),
GPSE, 16,
GPSS, 16,
Offset (0x12),
, 1,
SWGC, 1
}

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
{
P8XH (Zero, 0x55)
Store (Zero, SLPE)
Sleep (0x10)
}
Else
{
......your original _PTS
}
}

I'll supply a DSDT.aml and more info later if its not working.

Thanks so far for the input!

:)

Cool. Entering ifconfig now gives: "media: autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex,flow-control>) status: active" which is exactly what I was looking for. Had to invest in new hardware and a fast Internet connection (with 1Gbit Ethernet WAN) for it, but this screams.

Our Internet connection at home is not that fast. Of course not. We can scale up to 100Mbit when we need it. Which would be overkill so no thanks.

I was wondering if any of you guys would be so kind as to point me in the direction of a kext which can sort out my shutdown issues with iDeneb 1.4 (Leopard 10.5)?

I have an Asus P5K-E Wifi/Ap (with a Core2Duo Q9550 CPU) and when I click shutdown from the apple menu it all looks like its working fine but the screen goes black and the fans are still spinning untill I hard shut it off at the wall - is there a known workaround to this issue?

Many thanks!

Tom

I was wondering if any of you guys would be so kind as to point me in the direction of a kext which can sort out my shutdown issues with iDeneb 1.4 (Leopard 10.5)?

That would be OpenHaltRestart.kext or EvoReboot.kext

I have an Asus P5K-E Wifi/Ap (with a Core2Duo Q9550 CPU) and when I click shutdown from the apple menu it all looks like its working fine but the screen goes black and the fans are still spinning untill I hard shut it off at the wall - is there a known workaround to this issue?

Many thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm not sure – I don't have this board myself – but might this [shutdown problem] be related to the on-board WiFi/Access Point (settings)? Have you tried to disable audio, LAN et all to narrow down the scope of the problem?

It sound like a DSDT problem to me, but one can never be too sure. Not until someone nailed it.

p.s. Still waiting for a DSDT.dsl (in ZIP format please) because I can't do much without having one.

Many thanks!

Tom

Sounds familiare...

Try a vanilla / retail install, and post some bios pictures of the settings you are using. Because you are also using iDeneb we don't know what kind of "wrong" patching has been done already. We don't know anything :-) I'm also having the shutdown problem because I want to get rid of OpenHaltRestart.kext and get a DSDT fix instead. This thread has allot of info about the p5k e wifi/ap.

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow...2-on-p5k-t3380/

Let's start with the basics: Help me to help you. Start by adding a signature with relevant info including chip set (ICH9/10).

MasterChief, If you still want to help looking for a shutdown solution in DSDT here are some specs:

The basics:

p5k-e-wifi/ap bios 1202

2GB ram

ich9r

vanilla install 10.5.x minimal amount of kexts

fakesmc / openhaltrestart.kext / "CPUdisabler.kext if DSDT is not patched"

lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31/P35/P31 Express DRAM Controller (rev 02)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31/P35/P31 Express PCI Express Root Port (rev 02)

00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 02)

00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 02)

00:1a.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 02)

00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 02)

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 02)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 6 (rev 02)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 02)

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 92)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801IR (ICH9R) LPC Interface Controller (rev 02)

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801IR/IO/IH (ICH9R/DO/DH) 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 02)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 02)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV630 [Radeon HD 2600XT]

01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc RV630/M76 audio device [Radeon HD 2600 Series]

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 12)

03:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB362/JMB363 AHCI Controller (rev 03)

03:00.1 IDE interface: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB362/JMB363 AHCI Controller (rev 03)

05:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

05:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Agere Systems FW322/323 (rev 70)

attachments:

2 dsdt's with 2GB of ram, original and current modified

You got to strip your modified DSDT first (too much unused stuff it in) because it ain't fun looking at it now.

Its a lot of work going from 8000~ to 2000~ lines without really knowing what I'm doing...

I'd compared your version 3.3 DSDT with my modified DSDT in Ubuntu with the application "Meld/Diff viewer" and installed iasl in Ubuntu for quick compile testing. I'd focused on Shutdown part so I added the AG3E block to the renamed LPCB and added the shutdown code to _PTS...

So far 8 shutdowns in a row working right now, I'll do more shutdown tests today, and if it was successful I'll post the solution.

Sleep and wake are still functional... also restart after sleep, that's the reason we searched for this solution.

Thanks so far.

So far 8 shutdowns in a row working right now, I'll do more shutdown tests today, and if it was successful I'll post the solution.

Solution So Far :)

original _PTS

{
	Store (Arg0, DBG8)
	PTS (Arg0)
	Store (Zero, Index (WAKP, Zero))
	Store (Zero, Index (WAKP, One))
	If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x04), LEqual (OSFL (), 0x02)))
	{
		Sleep (0x0BB8)
	}

Store (ASSB, WSSB)
	Store (AOTB, WOTB)
	Store (AAXB, WAXB)
	Store (Arg0, ASSB)
	Store (OSFL (), AOTB)
	Store (Zero, AAXB)
}

patched _PTS #added part to begin and a } at end

{
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))							   // S5 (shutdown).
	{
		Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.AG3E)				   // Return to S5 after a power failure.
	}
	Else
	{
	Store (Arg0, DBG8)
	PTS (Arg0)
	{
		Sleep (0x0BB8)
	}

Store (ASSB, WSSB)
	Store (AOTB, WOTB)
	Store (AAXB, WAXB)
	Store (Arg0, ASSB)
	Store (OSFL (), AOTB)
	Store (Zero, AAXB)
	}
}

original Device (SBRG)

Device (SBRG)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
			Device (IELK)
// rest of device IELK

patched Device (SBRG) #added a part between Name (_ADR,xxx and Device (IELK)

Device (SBRG)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
			// Newly added for EC support.
			OperationRegion (LPC0, PCI_Config, 0xA0, 0x54)	// General PM Configuration 3 Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 13.8.1.3 / page 492).
			Field (LPC0, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
					,   10, 
				XPME,   1,					// Bit 10 - BIOS_PCI_EXP_EN.
						Offset (0x04),			// General PM Configuration 3 Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 13.8.1.3 - / page 492).
				AG3E,   1,					// Bit 0 Ð AFTERG3_EN.
						Offset (0x50),			// Root Complex Base Address Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 13.1.35 / page 451).
				RCBA,   32					// Root Complex Base Address.
			}
			Device (IELK)
// rest of device IELK

I added these patches to a already patched DSDT, see the zip file a couple post earlier.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...920&st=780#

I'll try these patches on a clean DSDT tommorow to see if they are sufficient.

Thanks MasterChief for discovering this.

Solution So Far ;)

original _PTS

{
	Store (Arg0, DBG8)
	PTS (Arg0)
	{
		Sleep (0x0BB8)
	}

Store (ASSB, WSSB)
	Store (AOTB, WOTB)
	Store (AAXB, WAXB)
	Store (Arg0, ASSB)
	Store (OSFL (), AOTB)
	Store (Zero, AAXB)
}

patched _PTS #added part to begin and a } at end

{
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))							   // S5 (shutdown).
	{
		Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.AG3E)				   // Return to S5 after a power failure.
	}
	Else
	{
	Store (Arg0, DBG8)
	PTS (Arg0)
	{
		Sleep (0x0BB8)
	}

Store (ASSB, WSSB)
	Store (AOTB, WOTB)
	Store (AAXB, WAXB)
	Store (Arg0, ASSB)
	Store (OSFL (), AOTB)
	Store (Zero, AAXB)
	}
}

original Device (SBRG)

Device (SBRG)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
			Device (IELK)
// rest of device IELK

patched Device (SBRG) #added a part between Name (_ADR,xxx and Device (IELK)

Device (SBRG)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
			// Newly added for EC support.
			OperationRegion (LPC0, PCI_Config, 0xA0, 0x54)	// General PM Configuration 3 Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 13.8.1.3 / page 492).
			Field (LPC0, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
					,   10, 
				XPME,   1,					// Bit 10 - BIOS_PCI_EXP_EN.
						Offset (0x04),			// General PM Configuration 3 Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 13.8.1.3 - / page 492).
				AG3E,   1,					// Bit 0 Ð AFTERG3_EN.
						Offset (0x50),			// Root Complex Base Address Register (ICH9R-316972.pdf / 13.1.35 / page 451).
				RCBA,   32					// Root Complex Base Address.
			}
			Device (IELK)
// rest of device IELK

I added these patches to a already patched DSDT, see the zip file a couple post earlier.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...920&st=780#

I'll try these patches on a clean DSDT tommorow to see if they are sufficient.

Thanks MasterChief for discovering this.

Hi all

Try this instead, gets rid of loads of added code (credit to Master Chief as well). It works for me on another asus mobo. Have also attached 'micro-DSDT' to help you with stripping out unwanted code from your DSDT.

{
       If (LNotEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
       {
           Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS1S)
           Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS1E)
           Store (Arg0, ASSB)
       }
   }

Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
   {
       Return (Package (0x02)
       {
           Zero, 
           Zero
       })
   }

DSDT.dsl.zip

Interesting. Is this 'feature' reproducible?

Note that I am using illegal (even) memory settings here and sleep still works.

Yes it can be reproduced. My board supports DDR3 (1333MHz) and DDR2 (1066MHz). With DDR2 everything works OK but with DDR3 even with certified RAM's sleep is working only with 1066 MHz. I suspect it is a board issue due to some other symptoms.

Sorry. I don't use NTFS myself so I can't really help you with this, but the first thing I would normally do is to compare the ioreg output of both systems. That might give hints as to what can be done but your mileage may vary. I'm even willing to have a look at it when you attach them.

ASAP I'll make the comparison. Thanks.

If I'm not mistaking NTFS is always read-only on everything else than Microsoft Windows, only if MacFuse with NTFS-3g or some other NTFS write package "Paragon?" gets installed "MacFuse ships with VMware Fusion". If you got both packages installed and can write on internal NTFS, than it might be a Owner/Permissions problem. Or it is mounted read-only to protect your data... Here is a link to the ntfs3g package that gives write support.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/catacombae...sx.dmg/download

AFAIK native NTFS r/w OSX support from version 10.6. You can check:

http://prasys.co.cc/2009/09/how-to-enable-...r-snow-leopard/

and there are also other resources on the net for it.

The problem is also that I've tried Paragon NTFS which also could not write to external NTFS USB drive

but no problems on a real Mac. I think it is better to start a new topic for this.

Yes it can be reproduced. My board supports DDR3 (1333MHz) and DDR2 (1066MHz). With DDR2 everything works OK but with DDR3 even with certified RAM's sleep is working only with 1066 MHz. I suspect it is a board issue due to some other symptoms.

Interesting. Can you trick it? What if you set it to 1333 in the BIOS and 1066 in SMBIOS?

Interesting. Can you trick it? What if you set it to 1333 in the BIOS and 1066 in SMBIOS?

I have now in BIOS 1066 and in SMBIOS 1333 (not intentionally, forgot to change that). I think that the issue is not connected with OSX but with BIOS. When installing the certified RAM and before setting the speed to AUTO, I couldn't normally power on the system. When I tried it, just the LED went on and there was no disk activity. After several retries I could get into BIOS and the set the RAM speed. The symptoms were the same with RAM that I used before (not certified) that could support up to 1600 MHz. Every time I shutdown the machine I had to try 2 to 3 times to power up the box. Ran a low level memory check on the RAM with no errors.

So therefore I don't think that the problem is related with OSX, but with speed settings in BIOS and because of that the system could not wake after several minutes when RAM went off power. That is how I explain the issue to myself.

I have now in BIOS 1066 and in SMBIOS 1333 (not intentionally, forgot to change that). I think that the issue is not connected with OSX but with BIOS. When installing the certified RAM and before setting the speed to AUTO, I couldn't normally power on the system. When I tried it, just the LED went on and there was no disk activity. After several retries I could get into BIOS and the set the RAM speed. The symptoms were the same with RAM that I used before (not certified) that could support up to 1600 MHz. Every time I shutdown the machine I had to try 2 to 3 times to power up the box. Ran a low level memory check on the RAM with no errors.

So therefore I don't think that the problem is related with OSX, but with speed settings in BIOS and because of that the system could not wake after several minutes when RAM went off power. That is how I explain the issue to myself.

Sounds like it is hardware related. Nothing to do with OS X. Thank you for explaining it [in detail].

Hi all

Try this instead, gets rid of loads of added code (credit to Master Chief as well). It works for me on another asus mobo. Have also attached 'micro-DSDT' to help you with stripping out unwanted code from your DSDT.

{
       If (LNotEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
       {
           Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS1S)
           Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS1E)
           Store (Arg0, ASSB)
       }
   }

Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
   {
       Return (Package (0x02)
       {
           Zero, 
           Zero
       })
   }

Hey guys sorry I havent checked on here for a while been really busy with my audio production in the studio.

Thanks ever so much for the info and links I am however still experiencing my shutdown problem. I will try to explain it in a little more detail.

I click shutdown and everything looks like its shutting down fine (even sometimes it does work properly!) but then the screen goes black and the fans are still spinning and I have to either

a) Hold the power button on my case for 4 seconds then turn off at the wall

:wacko: Turn off at the wall

I am using iDeneb 1.4 Leopard. Someone mentioned I should try OpenHaltRestart.kext & Evoreboot.kext - I installed both through Kext Helper b7 and I still have issues (I tried them one at a time and tested).

Sorry to be a total pain here but when you guys are talking about DSDT - it starts to go over my head a little. I am fairly good with computers but if someone would be so kind as to give me a dummys guide to fixing whatever is wrong with my DSDT I would be most appreciative! I do realise however that because of the nature of running OS X on different hardware this might not be possible.

However, a couple of posts above someone posted a DSDT download file - what should one do with this exactly?

Again, apologies for my ignorance. I did a HELL of a lot of researching to even get Leopard working on my system and its just this LAST thing which doesn't work on my system.

Tom

P.S Should I go ahead and try a reinstall using a vanilla Leopard then? Would that be the easiest thing? I have a vanilla SL install and it restarts/shutdowns fine. I need Leopard working however as my Euphonix control surface for Logic ONLY works under Leopard...

I've got a couple questions based on my install

Asus P5Q Pro

16GB ram

Snow Leopard retail DVD

nvidia 9800 GTX+

This was a blank system with no previous Leopard install at all.

I used a modified bios that I found for the harddrive from Juzzi and flashed it with no problems. I got snow leopard to install no problem. I installed myhack as my bootloader and am able to boot without a CD now. I have working sound, internet and graphics through various kexts/efi strings.

I have a few questions

1)I checked my system settings, and I see no mention that my computer is running 64 bit, and when i look at the 64 bit enabled section, it says no, but my hardware configuration is showing 8GB, which i thought was beyond the realm of what 32 bit can read. Is this just something that's not showing, or what?

2)Related to #1, my ram is only showing 8 gb. When I had windows installed, it was showing as 16gb. At first I thought that maybe 2 sticks of ram died (which happens), but when i looked at system profiler, it is reading ram in all 4 slots, but only at 2gb a piece, instead of the 4gb a piece that's currently installed. I checked my bios, and it too only reads 8gb, so I'm thinking that there's something on the juzzi bios I used that changed a max ram setting somewhere.

Does anyone have any ideas/solutions to my problems?

Thanks!

Hello guys.

I have 10.6.2 retail on p5k premium wifi motherboard whith q6600.

My original DSDT file whith usbfix work good. Sleep/restart work ok.

But i have error message in kernel.log and speedstep on my CPU not work.CPU very hot!

2/24/10 11:17:35 PM	kernel	ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
2/24/10 11:17:35 PM	kernel	FakeSMC: key not found BEMB, length - 1
2/24/10 11:17:35 PM	kernel	ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
2/24/10 11:17:35 PM	kernel	ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

I try to write universal CPU section by Master Chief and have nice result. Error message is lost. Speed step OK. CPU cool. But sleep is not work, fans not stop and pc freeze. And speed of system degrade, i have some freeze in sound when listen music ((.

Sory for my bad english (this is first post on it)), and please help me!

my attachment include

original dsdt - sleep ok, speedstep no

universalcpudsdt - sleep no, speedstep ok

2 system boot log

2 ioreg dump

Thank you !

asus_p5k_prem_wifi_q6600.zip

budiy

Of course sleep, is not working, because LPC is running. You should change ASSB offset to 2C, to activate sleep through RTC.

OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xBFF8E064, 0xFF)

Field (BIOS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)

{

SS1, 1,

SS2, 1,

SS3, 1,

SS4, 1,

Offset (0x01),

IOST, 16,

TOPM, 32,

ROMS, 32,

MG1B, 32,

MG1L, 32,

MG2B, 32,

MG2L, 32,

Offset (0x2C),

CPB0, 32,

CPB1, 32,

CPB2, 32,

CPB3, 32,

ASSB, 8,

Post your ioreg without DSDT.aml in Extra...