P5Q & 10.6.1 Retail

Quazaban

118 posts in this topic

Tutorial & P5Q Series (Updated on 02/10/09)

list of cards that are passed for the moment (I made up the info)

P5Q ----------->OK

P5QL-PRO ---->OK

P5Q-PRO ----->OK

P5Q3 deluxe ->OK

P5Q deluxe --> OK

P5Q E --------> OK (KextRJ45 HERE)

P5Q C --------> OK

I / What it takes to snowleopard :

Update your bios with juzzi : ICI

The basic package for P5Q : ICI

The boot CD for P5Q : ICI

And above all official license snowleopard.

II / bios settings : MAJ 02/10/09

Now you need options [s3] and ACPI2 of activated. Warning some P5Q XXX do not have these options but this does not necessarily pose problems. But for those who have the option not to forget them. To avoid KernelPanic in the advanced settings processor bios, disabled the C1E Support, Max CPUID Value Limit, CPU TM function, Execute Disable Bit, Intel ® SpeedStep ™. Normally it will solve many problems. Just let Intel ® Virtualization Tech to Parallels Desktop for example.

III / Le premier BOOT CD :

Are put CD or DVD to boot, once loaded, put the DVD snowleopard then F5.

Choose the DVD and normally you can start over. It goes without saying that this DVD is for P5Q, not necessarily for the entire series but it passes for others. Otherwise the site darwinx86.org a very well done tutorial explains how to create one from Leopard. If you create a bootable CD do not forget to let me post so I can put it online. For those who partner Windows can not or difficult to do.

capturedcran20090911080.png

capturedcran20090911080d.png

capturedcran20090911080z.png

IV / How do once on the DVD :

First thing, format your hard drive and HFS extended journaled and the partition options set GUID and not MBR. You'll find it all in the top finder Disk Utility. Just click on the root of your drive to see the Partition tab appear.

Back on your menu and just click continue or customized your installation, and go. In all cases no personalization or it will not impact on the facility.

V / The first BOOT on snowleopard :

Put the CD or DVD BOOT and choose the hard drive where you installed the system. OSX will ask you to enter your information session.

VI / Installing Chameleon :

I have not tested version PKG circulating on the Web and on the official site I could not find a PKG installer. So you can download the RC2 then we will change the BOOT file in the root disk with the version RC3.

This does not change anything I do mind.

You will need MainMenu post when Onyx is compatible snowleopard I would advise you to take it. MainMenu being paid, but works in demo and can make hidden files appear. In the pack you will find P5Q chameleon and the Boot file.

capturedcran20090911085.png

So install Chameleon RC2, with MainMenu and then reveals the hidden files. You will find the root of the famous BOOT disk to put in the trash and replaced by the RC3.

Extra folder, and turned the Mkext kexts in the Extensions and make these available in my pack.

capturedcran20090911083.png

VII / Edit com.apple.boot.plist :

AEnable Enabler to recognize you by default Nvidia card is very simple. A sample issue below. It is in: Disc / library / preferences / SystemConfiguration. You will notice that there is also the Graphics Mode in place that allows for good resolution to boot Chameleon.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>Kernel</key>
 <string>mach_kernel</string>
 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
 <string></string>
 <key>Graphics Mode</key>
 <string>1920x1200x32</string>
 <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
 <string>yes</string>

</dict>
</plist>

VIII / sound setup and network :

For this you need KextHelperb7 eand my pack which contains kexts to put in: Disk / System / Library / Extensions. We will install VoodooHDA, OpenHaltRestart and AttansicL1eEthernet.

capturedcran20090911084.png

Now a reboot p'tit for your Hackintosh is perfect :) or almost!

IIX / Passage in 10.6.1 :

This is where we see the strength of your installation says "Retail", normally you pass through the apple menu. And this update will make it hands down without changing anything!

Doesn't work for my P5Q-PRO

I flashed my BIOS with:

2102-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X_&_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM

and changed IDE to AHCI and activated ACPI2 and S3

Burned the BootCD which boots fine, but when I boot from my retail DVD it hangs after the following line:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourcematching(AppleintelCPUPower managment)) time out

I have been trying al the possible methods for this motherboard, but I always get this error. It seems to be stuck somewhere.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourcematching(AppleintelCPUPower managment)) time out

Have you tried booting with -v -x ?

I've got that same problem too, but the fact that -x booted means that something screwd with my graphic card. I've followed some tutorials to install it properly (since it wasn't natively supported by S/L/E) and it works. The tuto above assume that you've got a "mac supported" graphic card, but doesn't explain what to do where you're card isn't natively supported. If that's your case, you should search for another tuto explaining how to install your card.

Have you tried booting with -v -x ?

I've got that same problem too, but the fact that -x booted means that something screwd with my graphic card. I've followed some tutorials to install it properly (since it wasn't natively supported by S/L/E) and it works. The tuto above assume that you've got a "mac supported" graphic card, but doesn't explain what to do where you're card isn't natively supported. If that's your case, you should search for another tuto explaining how to install your card.

Yes, tried -x -v and many others. I always get this problem. With boot file from chameleon RC2 I get KP, RC3 gives this error.

I have a ATI Radeon 4870, which is supposed to be supported out of the box with SL no? The only thing I can boot is the v3.5 snow leopard boot DVD which is floating around. But when I install using that DVD I get the same error again.

As I noted Crusader974, ATI cards can cause problems with the BootCD. Example for the HD4850 yet.

No need to type-v-f or another, normally ! But I'm on P5Q.

Today, I'll take pictures of my bios settings for your configuration.

Sorry my English is not very good :)

Hi, I managed to install Snow Leopard in Vanilla Mode ;) Yay! But now I need an "Atheros 5x" Driver for Snow Leopard WiFi and an Nvidia 9600GT 512MB compatible Enabler. These are very, very, very hard to find right now, do you have any information or sources on where I can get it/them?

Thanks,

cocotutch

That BootCD does not work for me. I burned the ISO and tried, but computer starts ti load it and than disk stops. Then spins a few times more, and eventually stop for ever.

Do you think it is because PATA DVD drive or because BootCD is for Asus P5Q and not P5Q-E which I have?

Any hope to work with PATA?

Tutorial & P5Q Series (Updated on 11/09/09)

list of cards that are passed for the moment (I made up the info)

P5Q ----------->OK

P5QL-PRO ---->OK

P5Q-PRO ----->OK

P5Q3 deluxe ->OK

P5Q deluxe --> OK

I / What it takes to snowleopard :

Update your bios with juzzi : ICI

The basic package for P5Q : ICI

The boot CD for P5Q : ICI

And above all official license snowleopard.

II / bios settings :

Now you need options [s3] and ACPI2 of activated. Warning some P5Q XXX do not have these options but this does not necessarily pose problems. But for those who have the option not to forget them.

III / Le premier BOOT CD :

Are put CD or DVD to boot, once loaded, put the DVD snowleopard then F5.

Choose the DVD and normally you can start over. It goes without saying that this DVD is for P5Q, not necessarily for the entire series but it passes for others. Otherwise the site darwinx86.org a very well done tutorial explains how to create one from Leopard. If you create a bootable CD do not forget to let me post so I can put it online. For those who partner Windows can not or difficult to do.

capturedcran20090911080.png

capturedcran20090911080d.png

capturedcran20090911080z.png

IV / How do once on the DVD :

First thing, format your hard drive and HFS extended journaled and the partition options set GUID and not MBR. You'll find it all in the top finder Disk Utility. Just click on the root of your drive to see the Partition tab appear.

Back on your menu and just click continue or customized your installation, and go. In all cases no personalization or it will not impact on the facility.

V / The first BOOT on snowleopard :

Put the CD or DVD BOOT and choose the hard drive where you installed the system. OSX will ask you to enter your information session.

VI / Installing Chameleon :

I have not tested version PKG circulating on the Web and on the official site I could not find a PKG installer. So you can download the RC2 then we will change the BOOT file in the root disk with the version RC3.

This does not change anything I do mind.

You will need MainMenu post when Onyx is compatible snowleopard I would advise you to take it. MainMenu being paid, but works in demo and can make hidden files appear. In the pack you will find P5Q chameleon and the Boot file.

capturedcran20090911085.png

So install Chameleon RC2, with MainMenu and then reveals the hidden files. You will find the root of the famous BOOT disk to put in the trash and replaced by the RC3.

Extra folder, and turned the Mkext kexts in the Extensions and make these available in my pack.

capturedcran20090911083.png

VII / Edit com.apple.boot.plist :

AEnable Enabler to recognize you by default Nvidia card is very simple. A sample issue below. It is in: Disc / library / preferences / SystemConfiguration. You will notice that there is also the Graphics Mode in place that allows for good resolution to boot Chameleon.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>

</dict>
</plist>

VIII / sound setup and network :

For this you need KextHelperb7 eand my pack which contains kexts to put in: Disk / System / Library / Extensions. We will install VoodooHDA, OpenHaltRestart and AttansicL1eEthernet.

capturedcran20090911084.png

Now a reboot p'tit for your Hackintosh is perfect ;) or almost!

IIX / Passage in 10.6.1 :

This is where we see the strength of your installation says "Retail", normally you pass through the apple menu. And this update will make it hands down without changing anything!

Thanks, works perfectly on my P5Q deluxe - with nvidia 260 gtx g card - the only things i changed were:

I modified the boot.plist with my efi string for my graphics card.

It seemed to take a very long time to install though - also when the install got to the end in said that it could not install properly... i just ignored and rebooted.

I have reinstalled it from step 1, and now it works perfectly.

Thanks quaza.

Now I'm looking for my video Kext, for nvidia 9400GT. Some help????

Thanks.

This solution "HERE" or ChameleonRC3 and "GraphicsEnabler"

I have installed SL and it's OK. No sleep function. For Lan if you have Marvell 88E8056 use this kext:

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Bye

Thank you for the kext, I added the tutorial

Ive got SL installed and updated but since i installed EvoEnabler.kext and edited ATI4800Controller.kext to get my HD4850 working, ive lost Ethernet. im using the 64bit compatible AttansicL1eEthernet.kext. Im going for 64bit only here.

anyways any ideas? any help?

I trided with bootCD again, and now it starts loading but restarts when i remove CD. I still can't boot to Retail DVD :thumbsup_anim: . Any thoughts?

Excuse my ignorance but why do you need to update to "juzzi" bios on p5q series?

Will the standard bios not work?

It won't work, Asus has made it incompatible on purpose. But Juzzi fixed Asus' screw-up, so if you use that BIOS it will work.

with RC3 of chamaleon the file boot is not necessary to replace.

That BootCD does not work for me. I burned the ISO and tried, but computer starts ti load it and than disk stops. Then spins a few times more, and eventually stop for ever.

Do you think it is because PATA DVD drive or because BootCD is for Asus P5Q and not P5Q-E which I have?

Any hope to work with PATA?

The boot doesn't work with pata.

Hi,

Im with P5QL-E video Gigabyte nvidia 8500GT

Some info because i try 2-3 methods

I restore image on partition and try to boot from it but have kernel panic or stuck on gray screen I can move mouse but 10 minutes nothing appears.I run with -v option but no output when i see gray screen

Im with 10.5.7 i flash my BIOS before install 10.5 but I dont need to upgrade it again or i need !?

Leopard Snow on ASUS P5Q SE PLUS with modified bios is possible - confirmed.

However - i have HD 2600XT PCIE which cause problem: DSDT necessary, no way to change resolution. Have tryed natit, but no success.

Update to 10.6.1 gives KP.

I am sure that it is all because of card.

I am gonna wait and get low power, fanless nvidia and see what happens.

Or maybe somebody can recommend any nvidia for 2D, HDTV?

Kolbet

Hello - I have snow leopard installed successfully but have this problem - I have 2 1.5tb drives running windows and have snow leopard on a 3rd drive by itself. My windows drives are on a raid array but the snow leopard. I have to manually go into bios and switch back and forth from raid to AHCI depending on which system i am going to run - is there a workaround for this?