P5Q & 10.6.1 Retail

Quazaban

118 posts in this topic

Hi! Here all runs perfect, only one trouble. I can't shutdown and restart my P5QL-PRO, i installed some kexts and now i can restart but when i want to shutdown the hackintosh, all seems to be ok: the screen turns off, etc.. but the motherboard don't shutdown and i have to hold the shutdown button to shutdown the system.

Some help? Please

Thanks in advance

SU

Just installed SL from original DVD through Boot-132 method without any bios modding.

I used this BootCD

http://www.mediafire.com/?tvqmzuztjnh

My system specs:

CPU PSN : Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz

MB Brand : Asus

MB Model : P5Q-WS

NB : Intel P45/P43 rev A3

SB : Intel 82801JR (ICH10R) rev 00

RAM : OCZ 8192 MB DDR2 Dual Channel (4X2GB)

GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

HDD: WD VelociRaptor 150GB SATAII

DVD-WRITER: HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM LG SATA

Monitor: LG W2442PA

At the end of the installation I got a success message. No errors!

Time remaining was not shown correctly, jumped from 28 minutes back to 30. Took probably 40 to 50 minutes to install from DVD.

Video card and monitor were recognized natively as well as Realtek LAN and FireWire.

Monitor resolution automatically was in Full HD 1920 x 1080.

Processor is seen with 4 cores. Memory also!

Marvell 88SE6121 Ext SATA controller had to be disabled in the BIOS.

RealTek ALC1200 is still not working. But I have not applied the kext yet...

Also when I connect Toshibe 2GM USB flash drive system hangs. I have to power down the PC.

Also CDs will not eject after I intall any package that requires a reboot. If I agree to reboot after the installation, DVD drive will not open after I press the button. I have to turn off the PC in order for drive to open the tray.

sash11, the posted link tells "When a file is set to private by its owner only the owner of the file can access it. If you are the owner of the file please log into your account to access this file.", post direct or another link to BootCD you're talkin' about. Thankz :rolleyes: )))))))))

I'v got an interogation about my Hackintosh?

This is my configuration:

ASUS P5Q-E

INTEL core 2 duo 3GHz E8400

2x2 Go ram corsair

Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 1024 DDR2

WD 500 Go

Screen: LG 23" wide

It like run successfully with Snow retail + Chameleon RC3 (installer package).

My com.apple.boot.plist file (in Extra folder) have the GraphicsEnabler activate.

Snow léopard and my Geforce's card is running fine in 1920x1080 mode.

But when i open "about this mac", my video card is unknowned.

What can i do?

post-411303-1256556781_thumb.png

post-411303-1256556932_thumb.png

Hope to get help here...

So, I have ASUS P5Q with the latest bios and Snow Leopard 10.6.1 (updated) installed upon Leopard 10.5.8. The problem is that shutdown and reboot are not momental. Typically that looks like "Unmount of /home failed", screen becomes black and computer works for about 30sec after that. Leopard didn't have such problems after changing some kexts, but in Snow Leopard I don't know what to change to make all work properly.

System:

ASUS P5Q.

Core2Quad 2.4GHz Q6600

Nvidia 8800GT 1GB

4096 DDR2 RAM, 1066MHz.

Screen Samsung SyncMaster 940n 19"

HDD: MAXTOR STM3160811AS, ST3250318AS.

Kexts are basic for Asus P5Q from the 1st post.

Also would be great to know something about "_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35"

Also would be great to know something about "_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35"

for this u have to edit /Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext

and replace the UUID in there with the UUID of the partition you have snow leopard installed on. you can find it out by using disk utility.

Thanks Quaza and all the guys partecipating to this post; works are well done like this:

NO Bios patch;

Cham RC2 doesn't work, error at the end of the installation;

Cham RC3 works very well;

GPU refuse to work: with "GraphicsEnabler=yes" or EFI no monitor detection, resolution window appear but trying change resolution a cyan screen appear and system freeze. Editing boot.plist and removing GraphicsEnabler and EFI code system starts at 640x480 normally.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Fstrings

punc

Thanks. Though I'm using UUID.kext instead, i think it's no difference. So this issue was solved, but restart and shutdown still require quite a long to proceed. Any ideas or this is unfixable?

I'v got an interogation about my Hackintosh?

This is my configuration:

ASUS P5Q-E

INTEL core 2 duo 3GHz E8400

2x2 Go ram corsair

Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 1024 DDR2

WD 500 Go

Screen: LG 23" wide

It like run successfully with Snow retail + Chameleon RC3 (installer package).

My com.apple.boot.plist file (in Extra folder) have the GraphicsEnabler activate.

Snow léopard and my Geforce's card is running fine in 1920x1080 mode.

But when i open "about this mac", my video card is unknowned.

What can i do?

Hi letrumeau,

This is my configuration :

ASUS P5Q-E

Q9550

NVIDIA EN9600 GT SILENT

2 HDD 320Go

Did you use the quaza's BootCD during your install ? I've got trouble during the boot operation

boot0: GPT

boot0: testing

boot0: testing

boot0: error

I'm looking to know why (the bios verion ? the boot cd ?)

Thanks for your reply.

@denser:

until you have completed the procedure, you must restart your system with the boot-cd then, everytime, boot snow via the boot cd chameleon screen, choosing your snow hard disk. Only when you have installed all the packages you can start snow without boot-cd.

@ quaza:

no hope for my freezes?

tia

fstrings

@jabalsad:

- my snow works without modded bios.... all works fine except GPU, no more than 640x480 and for this i'm asking for help;

- modding bios seems to be simple, just 4 lines of code needs a little modify; anybody knows where download the A..I bios editor?

tia

fstrings

I installed Mac OS X 10.6 from a retail disc on my P5Q-E last night with a patched DSDT for the BIOS 2101.

I have a HD4870. No sound, network or sleep yet, but I'll work on that today.

I'll be happy to provide the DSDT if it's helpful.

Hi

Could you provide that patched DSDT? I managed to install SL with Ian T's guide, but I'm not able to boot without boot CD and I don't want to mod bios...

Or at least help me with making my own DSDT...I'm barely guessing what's that file for, nor what should I changed inside of it ;)

Hi

Could you provide that patched DSDT? I managed to install SL with Ian T's guide, but I'm not able to boot without boot CD and I don't want to mod bios...

Or at least help me with making my own DSDT...I'm barely guessing what's that file for, nor what should I changed inside of it :)

Nevermind, I got it working even without dsdt :)

Just to confirm, P5Q works 64bits right?

Hi, It works on my P5Q-E

Have anyone did a sucesfull update to 10.6.2 ? I blocked update till hear if it is safe. Hope someone have one install to spare. If not, I will backup and try.

I installed Mac OS X 10.6 from a retail disc on my P5Q-E last night with a patched DSDT for the BIOS 2101.

I have a HD4870. No sound, network or sleep yet, but I'll work on that today.

I'll be happy to provide the DSDT if it's helpful.

Sorry I didn't understand you? You want my DSDT? Here you go :) . But don't have high hopes, I have 8800GT and P5Q-E with 1901 moded BIOS. It might not work for you.

dsdt.aml.zip

Have anyone did a sucesfull update to 10.6.2 ? I blocked update till hear if it is safe. Hope someone have one install to spare. If not, I will backup and try.

I installed 10.6.2 Update with no problems, Snow Leopard is now even faster I think :D

ASUS P5Q-E

Intel Q9450 Quad Core

nVidia 8800GT 512mb

But they still haven't fixed the issue with spaces...When I press F8 for spaces and then hover over another space and press F8 again (or let off mouse key) I'm not taken to that space, but I'm returned to where I was instead... Anybody else having this issues with Snow Leopard? Is it a bug or new "feature"? :)