[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

http://www.gigabyte.us/FileList/MemorySupp...ga-ex58-ud5.pdf

"Unless One DIMM Per Channel Only" means something else or is merely a suggestion...

I don't know what that means.

Can anyone confirm whether or not 6 2gb ram modules work in the UD5?

The real question here is whether or not the UD5 can support 6x2GB of >1333 Mhz. 6x2GB of 1333 Mhz and under should work just fine according to the compatibility chart on Gigabyte's website.

Emilo/Dood

I've added your DSDT fix to enable AppleLPC.kext to load. My compile went fine and I am seeing the 'Start up automatically after a power failure' option.

However, running a kextstat shows that AppleLPC.kext is not running. Any ideas what I can check?

Also with the DSDT fixes do you still use SleepEnabler.kext/NullCPU. I was hoping to remove this with the above fix and HPET fix but it seems I still need it for successful sleep/wake.

Any help appreciated

cheers

The real question here is whether or not the UD5 can support 6x2GB of >1333 Mhz. 6x2GB of 1333 Mhz and under should work just fine according to the compatibility chart on Gigabyte's website.

I have 6x (12 Gb) of OCZ3P1600LV6GK running fine in my UD5 (MB overclocked to 3.4 GHz).

I have 6x (12 Gb) of OCZ3P1600LV6GK running fine in my UD5 (MB overclocked to 3.4 GHz).

I also have 12GB of Corsair 1600MHz RAM

Do you have any specific cpu and memory settings in your bios and what multiplier do you use for your RAM.

I only tried the default BCLK settings up to 190 and set the mem multiplier to 6. I haven't messed with voltages etc

I would like to increase my RAM speed if possible

I've added your DSDT fix to enable AppleLPC.kext to load. My compile went fine and I am seeing the 'Start up automatically after a power failure' option.

However, running a kextstat shows that AppleLPC.kext is not running. Any ideas what I can check?

The option will remain cached in Energy Saver after you reboot without the PX40 fix in your DSDT, but will disappear if you make changes to Energy Saver.
Also with the DSDT fixes do you still use SleepEnabler.kext/NullCPU. I was hoping to remove this with the above fix and HPET fix but it seems I still need it for successful sleep/wake.
Fix HPET, then you can remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext (see post 934).

The option will remain cached in Energy Saver after you reboot without the PX40 fix in your DSDT, but will disappear if you make changes to Energy Saver.

Fix HPET, then you can remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext (see post 934).

d00d,

Can you please make a complete guide on DSDT patching for our boards, only if u have the time and you want to, thanks. I am asking because I see a lot of Questions on DSDt patching scattered all over this thread so maybe you could write a detailed guide and then questions can be posted to that guide.

This request is not to offend anyone but I also feel in some way, some irrelevant posts have been made, like making icons in photoshop and etc. I thought this thread was called [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard Install on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 (Core i7) Mobo, Fully scripted - Chameleon 2 RC3, Extra & EFI partition boot

The thread is being polluted and noobz keep asking the same questions over and over again because they cant find the answers that have already been posted. If anyone has a problem with this request PM me.

Cheers Cruisar

Hi Emilo,

I followed your post nr 661 exactly. I also manually patched the dsdt, put the kexts in the right place etc... When i boot my hackintosh, everything works (sound/lan/video) and in system preferences, i have the option to start up automatically after a power failure (which i check, as in your instructions). When I go to sleep and wake up (with keyboard/mouse or power button), everything still works (lan/sound/video...) but after a few minutes, I get a kernel panic, no matter what i do (I've got one when i was watching a video in safari, or when i was checking system profiler or watching a video in VLC)...

What's the problem here? Could I have patched my DSDT wrong?

Hi Emilo,

I followed your post nr 661 exactly. I also manually patched the dsdt, put the kexts in the right place etc... When i boot my hackintosh, everything works (sound/lan/video) and in system preferences, i have the option to start up automatically after a power failure (which i check, as in your instructions). When I go to sleep and wake up (with keyboard/mouse or power button), everything still works (lan/sound/video...) but after a few minutes, I get a kernel panic, no matter what i do (I've got one when i was watching a video in safari, or when i was checking system profiler or watching a video in VLC)...

What's the problem here? Could I have patched my DSDT wrong?

If sleep doesn't work or you have KP after awake:

- install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /S/L/E and update caches.

- delete: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.applePowerManagament.plist

- reboot and move two sliders inside EnergySaver preferences to desired positions,

- make sure that "Start up automatically after power failure" is checked.

- reboot with -s and update caches with buildcache commannd.

Thanks ;), sleep is working perfectly now :D. Also, do you know if with the legacyHDA.kext and your HDEF DSDT hack you can get analog 5.1 surround sound (and if it is, how do you configure it and does it work with every 5.1 surround set or only with Z-5500 THX?). I've read that Z-5500 THX can simulate a 5.1 surround sound, even if it only gets a 2.1 input. So do you have a true 5.1 surround sound, or is it only simulated?

d00d,

Can you please make a complete guide on DSDT patching for our boards, only if u have the time and you want to, thanks. I am asking because I see a lot of Questions on DSDt patching scattered all over this thread so maybe you could write a detailed guide and then questions can be posted to that guide.

This request is not to offend anyone but I also feel in some way, some irrelevant posts have been made, like making icons in photoshop and etc. I thought this thread was called [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard Install on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 (Core i7) Mobo, Fully scripted - Chameleon 2 RC3, Extra & EFI partition boot

The thread is being polluted and noobz keep asking the same questions over and over again because they cant find the answers that have already been answered. If anyone has a problem with this request PM me.

Cheers Cruisar

If anyone is up to the task of doing this and updating it as changes are made that would be great. I am not a complete noob as I have had a working hackintosh for over a year now, but things like sleep really didn't matter to me so I haven't worried about any dsdt hacking. Some of us are now wanting to get those things working so it is hard to keep up. In addition, I am sure I am not the only one that can not read this thread everyday so sometimes we miss crucial information. The only way to cut down on these repetitive questions is to make a guide and then put it in DD's first post or link to it from that post.

d00d,

This request is not to offend anyone...

No offense taken, I realize that this thread is more about getting someone started with OS X on GA-EX58.

I'm writing up a GA-EX58 specific DSDT guide now, and will start a new thread later this week.

If anyone is up to the task of doing this and updating it as changes are made that would be great. I am not a complete noob as I have had a working hackintosh for over a year now, but things like sleep really didn't matter to me so I haven't worried about any dsdt hacking. Some of us are now wanting to get those things working so it is hard to keep up. In addition, I am sure I am not the only one that can not read this thread everyday so sometimes we miss crucial information. The only way to cut down on these repetitive questions is to make a guide and then put it in DD's first post or link to it from that post.

Thanks for the support L3B3R. Actually you dont need to hack your DSDT to get sleep working but this was a general request so we can eliminate having the same question being asked over and over again thus making it easier to find what is needed :)

No offense taken, I realize that this thread is more about getting someone started with OS X on GA-EX58.

I'm writing up a GA-EX58 specific DSDT guide now, and will start a new thread later this week.

Thumbs up mate, :(

Thanks :(, sleep is working perfectly now :). Also, do you know if with the legacyHDA.kext and your HDEF DSDT hack you can get analog 5.1 surround sound (and if it is, how do you configure it and does it work with every 5.1 surround set or only with Z-5500 THX?). I've read that Z-5500 THX can simulate a 5.1 surround sound, even if it only gets a 2.1 input. So do you have a true 5.1 surround sound, or is it only simulated?

I don't know much about 5.1 sound hacks.

I am noob like you, which happened to read every post in this thread and managed to put it all together into decent setup.

I don't know much about 5.1 sound hacks.

I am noob like you, which happened to read every post in this topic and managed to put it all together into decent setup.

Well, the difference is that you're a noob who has given me a working 64-bit install with sleep :(, just a slight difference :). Well, i don't have a 5.1 surround set yet but it appears that I can set it up in the Audio Midi setup utility, so it should work :).

I think the voodoohda kext isn't being loaded into your extensions.mkext, delete it from S/L/E, repair permissions using kext utility or disk utility and install the kext again. Are you using DD's installer? If yes run options 9 and 10 and then install voodooHda kext to S/L/E

I could not figure this out so I started searching google. It appears that AppleHDA was blocking it from loading. Once I removed AppleHDA from S/L/E and rebuilt the cache, it works great now. Everything including sleep and bonjour in 64-bit! Thanks for your help DD and CruiSAr.

Thanks for the support L3B3R. Actually you dont need to hack your DSDT to get sleep working but this was a general request so we can eliminate having the same question being asked over and over again thus making it easier to find what is needed :(

Well sleep works and wake works but the monitor won't wake with it, so after trying various kexts i figured editing the dsdt is the next step. That is were I get lost because I don't want to do something hastily and ruin my already great system. Also, maybe DD can chime in and let us know his thoughts in case he is ahead of us on adding the dsdt fixes in the script or something.

I updated the Hac_Pro theme if anyone is interested. DD, feel free to replace my old one in the script. The package includes a Chameleon theme, boot picture, and "about this Mac" graphic. If you would like to use the Chameleon theme, open up your Extra folder on your SL hard drive and replace the Hac_Pro folder with the downloaded one. Then run DD's script and choose the Hac_Pro theme. Easy as that. Please read the included "readme". A thumbnail is below.

DOWNLOAD HERE

thumbnail.png

i followed the guide and got it to boot. But i am getting video corruption and a black background. I am using a 4850 512MB video card.

can someone direct me to some fix for it? i tried to searh the forum but it kept returning errors.

Install ATYinit to S/L/E and make sure to boot in 32 bit mode. You can find ATYinit.kext in DD's script folder in the folder 10.6 under graphics

I would recommend maintaining a wiki, such as http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...obo%2C_Scripted but for 10.6. I cleaned that article up and added some info but lost interest since no one else was contributing.

I have the "black screen with corrupted graphics" problem as well. I installed the latest DD's patch, which installed ATYinit.kext to /Extra. This kext should be installed in /S/L/E? I have ATI 4850 1GB.

I have the "black screen with corrupted graphics" problem as well. I installed the latest DD's patch, which installed ATYinit.kext to /Extra. This kext should be installed in /S/L/E? I have ATI 4850 1GB.

Yes install it to S/L/E and boot in 32 mood as the kext is only 32 bit compatible

Still no success, even with ATY_Init in /S/L/E. I willl try it again.

I don't have the DSDT generated yet, I am trying to boot OS X on that machine for the first time.

I don't understand what he means by you need two seperate drives. In order to install snow leopard 10.6.1 do you need a hackintosh already running windows or 10.5? Currently I have a brand new GA-EX58-UD5 board with i7 processor and one 1TB drive that I believe is fully formated. How do I go about installing 10.6.1, I have a macbook pro that I can partition and styff on, is there a easier to follow guide for nooobies like me?

Thanks!

In addition, I am sure I am not the only one that can not read this thread everyday so sometimes we miss crucial information. The only way to cut down on these repetitive questions is to make a guide and then put it in DD's first post or link to it from that post.

That is a good idea. Speaking from first hand noob experience, we read the first page and the last page first. Then start asking questions without reading the middle 48 pages. It's wrong, but a thread of this length is quite intimidating. I'm plowing through it now because I know there's got to be some great information in there.